AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 12:50   Link #421
Key Board
Carbon

161 raw out

Spoiler:
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 14:43   Link #422
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, he sure gave a much more convincing speech this time rather than "GOIS BAD GOIS NO HUMAN GOIS BE ANIMALS" rant from last week.

But he's still a Dumberdouche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
IMO, Magnoshutatt seems more like a combination of pre-WWII Jewish people ( a group of people/race that hold valuable knowledges but was hated and treated like sub-human by most people around them ) and Iran's revolution ( oppressed people that overthrow the ruling dynasty and they were lead by a high priest/scholar - in Magi's case: a magician ).

Even Moganett's ideal is similar to Zionism: He's trying to attract all the world's magicians to his country so magicians will not be harmed and discriminated anymore.

Compare him with Magneto would be more accurate )
I totally agree that Dumberdork's stance is more like an extreme spin Zionism, but making that parallel could incite a lot of complaints among the sensitive.
Old 2012-11-03, 15:52   Link #423
marvelB

I checked out the raw myself (thankfully, there's already a translation script out, as well):

Spoiler for chapter 161:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 18:49   Link #424
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

So...I finally got around to reading through all 160 chapters in one go...I have no idea why I dropped this manga in the first place (probably just forgot about it) but I'm seriously hooked now.

Anyway...yea Dumblemort only has a calm and gentle aura because he truly believes what he is doing is the right thing and that it is for the good of humanity and whatnot...BS but whatever, he'll get a dose of Magi tot he face eventually.

But one thing that stuck with me since early on in the series and still hasn't gotten out of my mind is how LITTLE Sinbad can be trusted. He's a cool and nice guy, but he has shown some sly moves (as he puts it) recently that did not sit well with me (mainly the way he took advantage of the princess). I fear that at some point in the future the Aladdin is gonna have some problems with this guy.

And...lol at Hakuryuu turning into Sasuke...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 20:07   Link #425
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I checked out the raw myself (thankfully, there's already a translation script out, as well):

Spoiler for chapter 161:
Spoiler:

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 21:19   Link #426
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Spoiler for 161:
Old 2012-11-03, 21:56   Link #427
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Seriously...I'm really behind when it comes to raw hunting....

anyway,

Spoiler for ...:

Quote:
Hakuryuu's an annoying idiot...seriously....Morgianna really deserves better than him...

As for Sinbad....I really like to see how he matches up with queen bitch Gyoukuen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Spoiler for 161:
In that case....it may come down to Scheherazade in the end. Titus is still there after all.
Old 2012-11-04, 00:16   Link #428
Kioras

My prediction is a little different.

Spoiler:
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 08:40   Link #429
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post

Spoiler:
I vote for this one.
Old 2012-11-04, 09:01   Link #430
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post

Spoiler:
Sounds good, maybe Aladdin&co will escape to Laem empire and meet up with Alibaba?

Edit: 161 is out, I think Marga won't be able to say a thing in front of Mogammet (nervous), with him saying Gois exist to be ruled by superior magicians. Titus will snap and attack Mogammet, after that they'll try to escape from Hogwarts.
Student opinions are split in two, I guess the faction that approves of Hogwarts stay, while the ones that don't will leave like Yamu did.

Last edited by Awrya; 2012-11-04 at 14:48.
Awrya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 15:52   Link #431
Grey

Haha, that bit where the first kodor students gathered together to discuss the lecture and ethics reminded me of university. Not bad. The mangaka is sneaky with Mogamett because his country does seem to have improved the standard of living compared to before. Temperature control, food, living space, and health care in return for magoi that the non-mages can't even use? I can see why some of them would want to stay there. That's probably an unheard of luxury for the world's level of socio-political and technological development.

But the pit of death and head counts by the plant whip guy weren't so hot. And "kill escapers and rebels and everyone near them."

I wonder if Mogamett will look into healing Marga's health defect. That's what I'm betting on.
But maybe he's seeing if she's sharp enough or can do work that lets her into a higher level district.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 15:54   Link #432
marvelB

BTW, I'm kinda wondering if there will turn out to be any vessel users/dungeon conquerors among the elite mages? I know that they pride themselves as having a means to defend themselves in a fashion that's unique compared to the Goi who mainly rely on vessel weapons, but I still wouldn't put it past for at least some of them to seek a little extra boost from a djinn. At the very least, I can see people like Myers (who has a strong body despite being a mage) being vessel users.....

Last edited by marvelB; 2012-11-04 at 16:05.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:07   Link #433
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
BTW, I'm kinda wondering if there will turn out to be any vessel users/dungeon conquerors among the elite mages? I know that they pride themselves as having a means to defend themselves in a fashion that's unique compared to the Goi who mainly rely on vessel weapons, but I still wouldn't put it past it for at least some of them to seek a little extra boost from a djinn. At the very least, I can see people like Myers (who has a strong body despite being a mage) being vessel users.....
Well, remember what Yamu said, Djinn are magicians as well and thus their spells could cause a bad reaction and backfire. If I'm not mistaken, Ugo and Aladdin had no problem since they used the same kind of magic (and Ugo was probably doing something to aid Aladdin). I kinda like the concept of, Goi use Metal Vessels while Magicians use their own spells.

You know what...a sudden image poped into my mind a few minutes ago of Dumblemort doing something to Marga only to have Aladdin snap, remove the gem from his arm and just destroy Dumblemort...it will never happen but still...it's a fun thought.

And I wonder if we'll ever see Aladdin raise a dungeon.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:11   Link #434
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
BTW, I'm kinda wondering if there will turn out to be any vessel users/dungeon conquerors among the elite mages? I know that they pride themselves as having a means to defend themselves in a fashion that's unique compared to the Goi who mainly rely on vessel weapons, but I still wouldn't put it past for at least some of them to seek a little extra boost from a djinn. At the very least, I can see people like Myers (who has a strong body despite being a mage) being vessel users.....
I thought Magician cannot be dungeon conquer?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 16:20   Link #435
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
They can, they just can't use Metal Vessels effectively because of the Djinn magic interfering with their own.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:27   Link #436
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
If that's true, I probably missed that fact while I marathoned the chapters. Otherwise, I don't see any reason why they COULDN'T conquer them.... I'd wager that it would depend on how compatible the mage and djinn are with each other (though after reading Randrak's post, I really have to look back at the chapter where the relationship between mages and djinn are explained.....).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Hakuryuu's an annoying idiot...seriously....Morgianna really deserves better than him...

Sorry guys, but I find Hakuryuu a LOT more likeable than Sasuke despite them both being similar "avenger" type characters. For one thing, I actually like that he had the balls to confess to Mor the way he did, and more importantly..... I find his hissy fits to be a heck of a lot more entertaining than Sasuke's by far!
Old 2012-11-04, 16:45   Link #437
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

I cannot find Exact chapter but Yumehara said that Magician cannot be Djin user since their magic will be incompatible or something like that.

Well so far Djin user is Goi. Alladin once have Ugo but is not his djin (I suspect solomon)

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 16:54   Link #438
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Sorry guys, but I find Hakuryuu a LOT more likeable than Sasuke despite them both being similar "avenger" type characters. For one thing, I actually like that he had the balls to confess to Mor the way he did, and more importantly..... I find his hissy fits to be a heck of a lot more entertaining than Sasuke's by far!
Oh yea, definitely 100 times better than Sasuke...it's just that his Emo Avenger look and that fact that he seemed to consider getting Judal's help...kinda reminded me of Sasuke.
Old 2012-11-04, 16:56   Link #439
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I actually like that he had the balls to confess to Mor the way he did
I don't mind that he confessed, but the way he did it.... I just hate people who force themselves on others. Even if it was just a kiss, you just don't do that. Besides, Mor still bears the psychological trauma from her time as a slave. You don't want to be all forceful with a girl like that.
Old 2012-11-04, 17:02   Link #440
Ghanw
(-_-)

Despite the fact i read all the chapters so far, i cant tell who does mor like and the topic under romance is not heavliy empazised that much so far, but is there going to be any in the future?
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen