Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-08, 08:26   Link #1121
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
The Tristan has no parts from the Guren, the Guren has a one set of wings, not X-wings for its flight pack.
Yes it did.

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2034.jpg

http://randomc.animeblogger.net/imag...Large%2009.jpg
ZeroSama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:44   Link #1122
Var
Banned

Fine, now compare the Guren's wings to the Tristan's and you will see that they are nothing alike.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:49   Link #1123
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Fine, now compare the Guren's wings to the Tristan's and you will see that they are nothing alike.
They've got the same design. There OotBK air glide glide wings as opossed to britanian float units.
Old 2008-08-08, 08:53   Link #1124
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
They've got the same design. There OotBK air glide glide wings as opossed to britanian float units.
Except they're shorter, have a slightly different shape and a green glow. Flight Glider-Wings have that purple glow.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 08:53   Link #1125
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroSama View Post
Look again, the Guren's wings are quite different from what the Tristan has. For one, the Tristan's wings are each flat and symmetric, the Guren's are not.
Old 2008-08-08, 10:44   Link #1126
mysociallink2

The similarity of their wings is that they are both wings other than that, they are different is size, shape, and angle.

mysociallink2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:33   Link #1127
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
It may not be the Guren's float unit, but it's still the same sort as the ones the Black Knights use, meaning that somebody non-Britannian made modifications to it. (This is all assuming that that KMF is the Tristan, and not simply another mech with a similar body design.)
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 11:42   Link #1128
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Megex View Post
It may not be the Guren's float unit, but it's still the same sort as the ones the Black Knights use, meaning that somebody non-Britannian made modifications to it. (This is all assuming that that KMF is the Tristan, and not simply another mech with a similar body design.)
It's not an Order flight pack, its wings are shorter.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:18   Link #1129
Aquaman OS

I think the wings are just cut off in that shot as they don't seem to have an end point but just suddenly stop.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-08, 14:40   Link #1130
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Quote:
It's not an Order flight pack, its wings are shorter.
Shorter than the Shinkirou's?

Also, while I can't verify the authenticity, the little superscript icon following the info not actually linking to anywhere (all those footnote things seem to be gone on the page), according to the Code Geass wikia wiki, the Black Knights' flight unit is apparently referred to as the "Flight-Glider Wings", while Britannia's version is referred to as the "Float Unit".

EDIT: it is true, however, that the Flight-Glider Wing unit equipped on the Tristan in the OP is different from the regular Black Knights version. (Using the Tristan, Akatsuki, and Shen Hu in the earlier posted image for comparison.)

1. It doesn't have the slight zig-zag of the BK version.
2. The s-foils (...using this term because of its association with the x-shaped wings of the X-Wing, from Star Wars; I don't know what it actually means) are angled greater than the BK version at the base but then bend closer to the horizontal, as opposed to the BK version which has s-foils that are straight when viewed from the front.
3. The s-foils have a green glow on them as opposed to the pink/magenta glow of the BK units.

...On a side note, having looked back at the Shinkirou, the Tristan's glide wings almost looks like a variation on the Shinkirou's as opposed to the normal BK ones.

But getting back to the topic at hand (and altering my statement of a few posts ago, because of something that I realized): If Gino doesn't defect to the Black Knights for whatever reason, it's possible that the flight-glider wings used were created by Lloyd, who based their design off of the unit on the Guren (which is assumedly no longer on the Guren, being replaced by the, to my mind, more aesthetic than practical float "wings" shown in the OP).

Last edited by Cat Megex; 2008-08-08 at 15:06.
Old 2008-08-09, 06:39   Link #1131
PzIVf3

It may be the 4 wings are much more maneuverable and agility than the 2 wings but i don't understand why during aerial knightmarecombat were not quite maneuver and slow.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-09, 07:21   Link #1132
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
It may be the 4 wings are much more maneuverable and agility than the 2 wings but i don't understand why during aerial knightmarecombat were not quite maneuver and slow.
Lakshata had plenty of time to devolp her variant of the float units from the Gawains data in the 1 year period between season and 1 and 2. Since she had all the data herself so its likely she improved and expanded upon the original design concept just like llyod did with the Guren ganesha.
Old 2008-08-10, 12:54   Link #1133
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

By the way the Shikirous Shield is freaking Strong. I knew it was pretty strong but damn that was freaking strong.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 13:00   Link #1134
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
By the way the Shikirous Shield is freaking Strong. I knew it was pretty strong but damn that was freaking strong.
Well, Lakshata did say it had the strongest defensive power in the world.
Old 2008-08-10, 13:01   Link #1135
Dream_Traveller
Banned

And my prediction that Anya's cannons would pull a number on the supposed impenetrable shield array from way, way back was proven right.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 16:37   Link #1136
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It took her forever to wear it down, though, and she did it point-blank.
Old 2008-08-10, 20:40   Link #1137
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Hmm, that new Guren's Maiser "dagger" has a different color, like the new Tristan in the OP......hint?
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 21:02   Link #1138
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Hmm, that new Guren's Maiser "dagger" has a different color, like the new Tristan in the OP......hint?
MVS weaponry always change the blade's color when activated--look at Lancelot's swords, those go from gray to red.
Old 2008-08-10, 21:35   Link #1139
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

...Since nobody's talked about it, I guess I will.

It seems Nina's bomb is neither "Freya" nor "Prayer", but rather "F.L.E.I.J.A." Oddly, there is no "J" anywhere in the extended form of the name. Also, whoever named the different aspects of the implosion seems to be a fan of Norse mythology (Folkvangr Field, Sessrumnir Sphere, etc.). (...not to mention the Yggdrasil Drive, which is either in every KMF or is unique to the Lancelot, I'm not sure. Or maybe it's just seventh-gen tech?)

Screenshot of F.L.E.I.J.A. status screen:
Spoiler:

One thing of note: take a look at step five of FLEIJA's *leaving out the periods 'cause they're annoying to type* sequence; it mentions something about "Space Transfer" rather than "Space Destruction" or something similar. Perhaps a hint that FLEIJA is more than just an implosion bomb?
Old 2008-08-11, 01:25   Link #1140
kaefer_zwei
Devicer

So whats the say on albion... the gurren's upgrade... was as kicking wonder how the new albion would fair... but i gues they should just put it in parr with the gurren to keep make it a close fight with gurren... loyd and cecil made monster out of the gurren... loyds gonna have to brew something up... to make up for it...
kaefer_zwei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha