AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 22 32.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 40.30%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 16.42%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.99%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.46%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-11-02, 18:20   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Code Geass Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Code Geass, Episode 5!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 18:49   Link #2
monstratboy

Spoiler:
monstratboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 19:29   Link #3
dxgarten

Episode 05 screencaps and summary

Spoiler:
dxgarten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 21:09   Link #4
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

The Lacus Level vibrating from Yuffie-mia is extreme. Caution. Caution!
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-02, 22:33   Link #5
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Just watched the episode.

A very good mix of comedy, fanservice and drama/action.

Comedy consisted mainly of different main characters getting, for lack of a better phrase, their faces pwned.

Spoiler:

Fanservice was less than previous episodes but still very nice on the eyes.

Lelouche continues being spooky by
Spoiler:

While the plot twist at the very end made me go "holy shit" out loud.

I love this series....now, excuse me while I go visit Pizza Hut.
Old 2006-11-03, 01:21   Link #6
monstratboy

Have to mention Suzaku stays true to his goals ...

Spoiler:
Old 2006-11-03, 01:22   Link #7
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
really liked ep 5...
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 01:55   Link #8
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
EP5 impressions
Spoiler:

Let's hope the director has some brains and learn from Gundam SEED Destiny's failure. I've had quite enough of "STOP ALL FIGHTING" shows and jesus-Kira characters ("NO KILLING!!!") and Queen-Lacus characters...

By the way, all the "Zero" news articles and magazine covers in the episode features accurate English. Looks like Sunrise got some good English consultants.

Last edited by W-General; 2006-11-03 at 02:05.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 04:04   Link #9
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post
By the way, all the "Zero" news articles and magazine covers in the episode features accurate English. Looks like Sunrise got some good English consultants.
The Pepsi corporation?

I kid, I kid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkills
C-2 has more of a personality that i thought she completely owned lulu in that sense lol...
Yes, I am enjoying C2's confidence level. Lulu can't win all the time!
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 04:36   Link #10
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Pretty nice episode. Though I don't think it was as mind-crackling amusing and comical as the whole Zero introduction scenario, it was definitely pretty good overall.

Spoiler:

LOL Heavy Price of Orange.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 08:02   Link #11
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 09:04   Link #12
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Episode 5 just keeps the good ones coming...
Spoiler:

That pretty much about sums up the highlights for me....And it might be a competition between Kawasumi Mai and C.C to see who interests me more.

EDIT: Another thing...
Spoiler:
Owaranai Destiny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 11:52   Link #13
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owaranai Destiny View Post

EDIT: Another thing...
Spoiler:
I'm waiting for the backlash after that particular sequence. The exploding mosque is bound to return some fury

It occured to me, watching ep 5, that the main characters all have alter egos in one form or another:

Lelouch (student) vs Lelouch (Zero)
Karen (student) vs Karen (terrorist)
C.C (victim) vs C.C (conspirator)
Euphemia (Yuffie) vs Euphemia (Princess)
Suzaku (grunt) vs Suzaku (son of Prime Minister)

Could be a subtext of the story, or just a coincidence.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-03, 15:27   Link #14
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Possibly a spoiler, just to be careful:
Spoiler for A Theory for how C.C. survived:
Old 2006-11-04, 03:48   Link #15
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I'm not sure if this is a bad thing or a good thing (( As cranky as it was, Sunrise's Engrish be it SEED or Mai- is extremely amusing. Almost a Sunrise trademark if I should say so myself. )), but Code Geass had proven that Sunrise can indeed pull out decent English with the right consultants.

Spoiler:

Not bad if I must say so myself.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 09:05   Link #16
Retsoor

I'll refrain from discussing the contents of episode five since I couldn't write anything coherent anyway due to the fortunate hypnotic effect exuding from C.C.'s ass.

I'm more interested in the point Sonhex already brought up, why is Suzaku being transferred to Lelouch's school? I don't think it was done without ulterior motives, but what those are motives are unclear.

Did Viletta really remember enough to pinpoint the school uniform, which may not be used solely in their school? But why send Suzaku, and why only Suzaku? If Viletta brought this to Cornelia's attention she'd probably nuke the school from orbit. Well, if not that, she doesn't seem the type to send a largely untested idealistic pilot to effectively spy for her. Did you guys see those contours? Niiiiiice. Maybe it's just for education's sake so that Lloyd won't have to bust his ass for regular maintenance? Doubtful. Is Yuffie transferring to that school, and Suzaku transfers with her to act as a bodyguard of sorts? But that would compromise Lelouch's identity.

That brings me to another thing I've been thinking about, who figures out who Zero is first? Will it be Karen who, despite plenty of reasons available why Zero should free Suzaku, will draw some conclusion when Lelouch and Suzaku buddy up? Will it be Suzaku? Unlikely, he's dense in some things and another is more likely to discover it first for story's sake. Nanally? I thought she'd pinpoint his voice even when distorted but 'twas not so. Ye gods, you could crack walnuts with that. Amazing. Will he unknowingly reveal himself by calling Euphemia Yuffie or Cornelia Corny? Will Cornelia see parallels in Lelouch's battletactics to his chess tactics when he was yei high and receive an epiphany? Will the Emperor's first meeting with Zero end up with the Emperor revealing his identity, and then proceeding into an epic hand-to-hand battle where guts, tenacity and brawn dictate the fate of the Britannia Empire?
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 10:07   Link #17
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Possibly a spoiler, just to be careful:
Spoiler for A Theory for how C.C. survived:
Perhaps...or she simply cannot die until a task of hers is done (perhaps related to that unidentified civilization of hers...or maybe her so-called 'greatest wish' is linked to it? who knows...one can only lose himself in conjectures) - or maybe due to a paradox like the one seen in Shingetsutan Tsukihime where Ciel cannot die until she has killed the current Roa...and in the meantime, she's condemned to resurrect each time she's 'killed' because of the said paradox (since she's also a Roa).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsoor
Maybe it's just for education's sake so that Lloyd won't have to bust his ass for regular maintenance? Doubtful. Is Yuffie transferring to that school, and Suzaku transfers with her to act as a bodyguard of sorts? But that would compromise Lelouch's identity.
Spoiler for Manga:

Quote:
That brings me to another thing I've been thinking about, who figures out who Zero is first? Will it be Karen who, despite plenty of reasons available why Zero should free Suzaku, will draw some conclusion when Lelouch and Suzaku buddy up?
For now, it seems that she's only there to build up some romantic tension (more like, mild comic relief) between her, C.C. and Kallen - but since she does show up at the worst moment possible (I really pity her, ya know *chuckles*), it's possible she might see things that could lead her to figure out who Lelouch truly is or she could simply walk up on him while he's dressing as Zero.
Quote:
Will he unknowingly reveal himself by calling Euphemia Yuffie or Cornelia Corny? Will Cornelia see parallels in Lelouch's battletactics to his chess tactics when he was yei high and receive an epiphany?
I think they might recognize him like Clovis did. I'm not sure whether they have animosity towards him (it was only stated Cornelia'd know how who Marianne's murderer was, not necessarily that she was the mastermind behind it) but there's a chance they'd recognize him on sight. Lelouch doesn't seem to have changed much, so...
Old 2006-11-04, 10:36   Link #18
Retsoor

>> it seems that she's only

Shirley? I doubt she'll ever walk in on him, she's too reserved for that, but yeah, she has tragedy written all over her. Whether that tragedy will befall her from Lelouch or the Empire is yet to be seen though.

>> I think they might recognize him like Clovis did.

Naturally, but I was speaking of him revealing himself as Zero. I have no doubts they would recognize him on sight, which would be pretty funny if his existance was revealed through a school photo. Not impossible.
Retsoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-04, 13:08   Link #19
monstratboy

I've always thought that when Lulu meets up with his other big brother after some drama and action the Emperor is introduced and decrees that whoever wins between them will gain his throne. Then people are like wtf!? Zero's an eleven, and Emporer dudes like, 'Ney! He is the xxth succesor to the throne, eldest of my late wife Empress Marian, my son, L. V. Britannia.

Either way it should be an interesting scene. There's the Zero's injured and Lulu's injured in the same place, or the Nanaly identifying gunpowder smell on Lulu's clothes, or matching is coming home late with Zero's appearances due to her hypersensetive imagination and sense of smell. Or the curious cat Shirley angle with Lulu declaring he's found something more interesting to do.
Hmmm in GS it was word of mouth.

Last edited by monstratboy; 2006-11-05 at 17:49.
Old 2006-11-06, 04:04   Link #20
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
...I could listen to Yukana's sultry voice all day....
Oh, yes. I didn't know her until she played Dominura and Eri/Erif in Simoun, but I sure know her now. She seems to have quite a range. She really blew me away last week as Lotti in ep2 of Soukou no Strain. To say nothing of Mashiro (Mai-Otome), Tessa (FMP), etc., etc.

I just happen to have a pic of Yukana from a Japanese magazine (click to enlarge):

YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote