AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-01-02, 16:43   Link #2261
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Grats to Benjarvus Green Ellis for squeezing in a 1000 yard season in the pass heavy NE offense.
He's a much better RB than people give him credit for. He's always fighting for extra yardage and plays bigger than he is.
Old 2011-01-02, 17:00   Link #2262
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Philly's looking to go into the playoffs with fresh starters, so they're pretty much having the night off against Dallas to let any afflictions heal.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:07   Link #2263
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Green Bay @ Philly set.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 19:11   Link #2264
Elo the Blue

Baltimore @ Kansas City

Can't wait....!
Old 2011-01-02, 19:30   Link #2265
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Bears choked and lost to the Packers, that was a terribly slow game

Cowboys squeeze out a win against the Iggles in a game that was pretty slow as well till the 4th Quarter. It's amazing how much ego I see from some Iggle fans..."hurr durr, you beat our practice squad." That's some pretty shallow faith in your team when you talk about the second string players like that. Meanwhile, they lose to a 3rd string QB in McGee who looked like he was throwing to nobody the entire game, but when he actually got someone, HOLY CRAP! Iggles can't get revenge for getting swept last year, so HA! I'm proud enough that the Cowboys ended their season with a win, though I do wish their salvation came earlier in the season instead of halfway where it was nigh impossible to make it to the Playoffs.
Old 2011-01-02, 20:38   Link #2266
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow, what an opening drive by Seattle! They just might pull off a last-gasp snatch of the final playoff spot.
Old 2011-01-02, 22:04   Link #2267
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

It's pretty apparent that the team that advances will get blown out.

However, that's why they play the game, I guess.
Old 2011-01-02, 22:51   Link #2268
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
*tilts head*

Bucs over Saints
Yeah well those last three games were certainly something. Going into the playoffs 1-2 isn't great, but the Saints did face three teams with a winning record. They'll probably win the wild card and advance to Chicago, where I expect them to lose.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 23:31   Link #2269
Samari
World's Greatest

And the NFL Playoff Picture is complete. It must suck to be a Buccaneers/Giants fan right now. Both have 10-6 records, but they'll be at home while the 7-9 Seahawks host a playoff game. Oh well, doesn't matter to me. I'll be in China for two weeks and miss the wild card and divisional rounds.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-01-02, 23:45   Link #2270
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

So Seattle make it and will host New Orleans. Defense played their hearts out and Whitehurst comes from nowhere to steal the show on a night just about anyone thought it would be the Rams going for one more week. In all honesty, that was one of the most stirring games I saw this year. Seattle were written off before that game even started. It took 90 seconds for them to prove people wrong. Hopefully they can be somewhat competent against New Orleans, but with no running game and a weak offensive line, that may be beyond them.

So we have in the wildcard week:

New Orleans at Seattle
New York Jets at Indianapolis
Baltimore at Kansas City
Green Bay at Philadelphia
Old 2011-01-03, 01:22   Link #2271
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
So Seattle make it and will host New Orleans. Defense played their hearts out and Whitehurst comes from nowhere to steal the show on a night just about anyone thought it would be the Rams going for one more week. In all honesty, that was one of the most stirring games I saw this year. Seattle were written off before that game even started. It took 90 seconds for them to prove people wrong. Hopefully they can be somewhat competent against New Orleans, but with no running game and a weak offensive line, that may be beyond them.

New Orleans at Seattle
Baltimore at Kansas City
Well in all honesty the majority of the game was boring. Charlie Whitehurst wasn't that accurate all night. Took him like thirty-six attempts and he still didn't get over 200 yards passing. Was Hasselbeck really a worse option to warrant getting benched? They need a franchise quarterback as much as the other teams in the NFC West do.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2011-01-03, 02:10   Link #2272
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Hasselback has hip issues, that's why he didn't start. He'll probably be ready to go next week.
Old 2011-01-03, 11:23   Link #2273
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post

New Orleans at Seattle
Baltimore at Kansas City
Only interesting game to me is Pack vs. Iggles, may have a slight interest in Saints vs. Seahawks
Old 2011-01-03, 11:45   Link #2274
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Bleh. If our O-line doesn't get its act together, we're one and done. Much of this season has been Vick using his speed and elusiveness to mask the rest of the flaws on the Eagles team. At some point, those shenanigans won't work anymore.

Edit: one of the packers players said a funny funny. When asked about regretting concussing Kolb, he said "oh yeah...cuz now we have to deal with *him* (Vick). If we knew this was going to happen, the instruction would have been to grab [Kolb] around the heels, and let him down gently."

Last edited by Demongod86; 2011-01-03 at 15:17.
Demongod86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 15:33   Link #2275
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz View Post
*tilts head*

Bucs over Saints
Honestly I am upset that we’re 11-5 instead of 12-4 which would have tied an NFL record for wins following a SB Victory, but what ya gonna do? The Injury bug bit us again in the first half (Starting TE, WR, RB, FS all injured) and we we’re scoreboard watching aswell…Soon as Atlanta went up 21-3 so did the Saints emotion for winning this game…Down only 7 with 10:00 mins remaining we took basically all of our starters out of the game including Drew Bress…So basically we were done at halftime and didn’t play with anywhere close to the desperation that Tampa did (2 incredible Lucky TD passes by Freemen which were well-covered)…The Bottomline is this, if we don’t have any healthy power rushers it’s probably going to be over for us…Pierre Thomas and Chris Ivory are both injured and unless one of them is completely healthy Sean Payton will become Andy Reid and say eff-it, let’s throw it…Drew Bress will throw 40 passes 30 of them will be fantastic and 2 of them will be near INT’s and that’s how we’ll live or die…The key to our playoff lives is a healthy Chris Ivory...He was 7th on the depth chart to start the season (Damn we have a good scouting dept.), but he’s the key

Reggie Bush actually had a good game rushing, but Payton doesn’t have the stones to let him run up the middle in the playoffs, so if our RBs are all still hurting we’re probably done for the long haul...

Let’s hope Malcolm Jenkins, Marcus Colston, and Jimmy Graham are alright for next week, because if they’re hurt and the RB’s are still hurt it’s gonna be Breesus Skywalker or bust…We just need to stay outta that bracket with Chicago, but I doubt GreenBay will do us any favors there because I think they’ll beat the Eagles (although I’m going for Vick)…

I know the haters’ can’t wait, but the only thing that’s gonna keep us outta the SB is a $hitty field in Chicago and injuries…
Old 2011-01-03, 15:44   Link #2276
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

well...you did much better than the Steelers, who didn't even make the playoffs the following season after winning the Super Bowl
Old 2011-01-03, 16:36   Link #2277
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

If the Packers beat the Eagles (which is a very real possibility), then the Saints, who should by any means plow the seagulls, would then be playing Chicago while the Pack heads down to Atlanta.

In the event of an Eagles win, it would be Eagles at Chicago, and Saints at Atlanta (oh hey, rematch from what would be three weeks back).

And I don't want to think about what happens if the Saints get clowned by the Seahawks. But then again, they lost to the Cardinals and the Browns
Old 2011-01-03, 18:21   Link #2278
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^That's why I said the Packers won't do us any favors and lose, so I'm going for the Eagles...The Packers are the one NFC team built like an elite AFC team so they can beat the Eagles for sure even depleted...Hell they can beat anyone in the playoffs...

Quote:

And I don't want to think about what happens if the Saints get clowned by the Seahawks. But then again, they lost to the Cardinals and the Browns
Betcha didn't know that Drew Brees fractured his kneecap during the FIRST Atlanta game and the Browns and Cards we're our next opponents and he had his worse 2 games of the season vs. those 2 teams, but to the victor...

Browns also beat the Godtriots ...

Saints did a great job of hiding the injury all season, but a local radio host outed it from the start but nobody would believe him...Brees has been throwing it on one wheel basically the whole season hence the career high INTs...Atleast that's all the Madden Curse did to him since he still finished the season 2nd in TD's to Brady...But again as bad as this is (especially our RB injuries), I still think if we stay outta Chicago we're SB bound...

Last edited by wingdarkness; 2011-01-03 at 21:00. Reason: syntax
wingdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-03, 19:41   Link #2279
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Why isn't Lloyd starting? Is it because he mouthed off to the media last week regarding his former teams?
I didn't hear about that. Off field issues aside, you can argue Lloyd had a slightly better year than both Wayne and Johnson. I'm just saying, the guy did manage to get these stats with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his QBs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Lloyd's stats were somewhat inflated. So often, he was racking up stats well after the game had been decided.
So often huh? Not very convincing. You mind backing up this claim with some facts?
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-04, 00:40   Link #2280
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy View Post
I didn't hear about that. Off field issues aside, you can argue Lloyd had a slightly better year than both Wayne and Johnson. I'm just saying, the guy did manage to get these stats with Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow as his QBs.

So often huh? Not very convincing. You mind backing up this claim with some facts?
Here's an article on what Lloyd had to say about his former team. Link

I exaggerated by saying "so often" but there were definitely some late yards and touchdowns in his campaign.

Against the Ravens for example, he caught a 42-yard touchdown just before the half when the score was 17-0. Then, when the Ravens defense had basically taken their starters off the field and with little time left in the 4th quarter, he caught another a 44-yard TD.

Against the Rams, he only caught two TDs after the score was 33-13 in the 4th quarter.

Against the 9ers, he caught 5 of his 7 passes on the day in the second half and his touchdown didn't come till 3:37 left in the game with San Fran leading 24-10.

Tags
american football, sports