AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-08-23, 06:19   Link #241
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Zek. Come on, do you honestly think that was an excuse for Jiraiya.
Sure, why not? I doubt Jiraiya could still catch up at that point, tracking highlvl ninja seems nearly impossible once you've lost sight of them. He didn't expect them to escape the trap, so he took his time getting there, and apparently he had underestimated Itachi and proceeded with more caution after that. Still doesn't mean he can't beat Itachi though. Any discussion concerning that point is just speculation, there's too few facts to base it on. And yeah, alot of the fights seem like they would be a matter of rock-paper-scissors.

Last edited by Trax; 2004-08-23 at 14:14.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 13:49   Link #242
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last of the Uchiha
Sasuke wasn't important to Jiraiya, what was important was the elimination of any threats to Naruto which was the responsability of the Sannins. Jiraiya told Itachi and Kisame that he was going to kill them and he didn't. He could have go after them to destroy future threats from them but he didn't, why? If people are going to say that Jiraiya is stronger than Itachi because he abandoned the mission (for which he had a good reason) then what was Jiraiya's excuse for not following them. Don't tell me, he didn't followed them because he was protecting Naruto because he would have protected Naruto by killing them, by eliminating future threats to Naruto, thus protecting him. Not to mentioned that Itachi was tired, an easy way to killed him. The reason for not following them, he was bitting more than he could chew.
Track Itachi and Kisame and leave Naruto behind alone and unattended? That would be pretty stupid, for all Jiraiya knows that could be what they want.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 17:53   Link #243
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
the 3rd hokage was considered the greatest hokage and was nicknamed the professor because of his great knowledge of jutsus. the hokage is considered the greatest of all kages, and thusly the 3rd hokage is the greatest ninja.... this has been discussed countless timed before, and i believe there was a thread that asked everyone's opinion of the 5 greatest ninjas.

i think my list was something like:

1) 3rd hokage in prime
2) Itachi
3) Orochimaru (before his arms were sealed)
4) 4th hokage
5) Jiraiya

i 100% agree with your ranking
i also think that the 3 rd in his prime was the strongest ever and that itachi comes second
itachistyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:17   Link #244
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
It's not that Itachi's not strong, it's just that I don't think he's as strong as Itachi fanboys make him out to be.

Is he stronger than Oro? Oro thinks so...after all, he's a jutsu-whore and who would be a worse opponent for a jutsu-whore than a Sharingan master?Is he stronger than Jiraiya? *shrugs* We haven't seen enough of him to know, so...who knows? Personally, I don't think he's QUITE at Jiraiya's capabilties - but being not quite Jiraiya means you're still better than 80-90% of the ninja population - so what's wrong with that?

so tell me why oro absolutely didn t fear kakashi who is a genious and who also has a full mastered sharingan (and who knows around or more than 1000 jutsus)????
itachi is much much more than a basic sharingan user,just look at how he kicked the ass of 3 adults uchihas with full mastered sharingan when he was 12 on 2 seconds!!!!!

i mean ,the reason why is so strong is not only sharingan but especially the fact that he is super strong in the basics(strenght,way of throwing shurikens and kunais,jutsu speed,etc...)

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-23 at 19:03.
Old 2004-08-23, 18:48   Link #245
stylez
Hokage

Send a message via MSN to stylez
Hehe i must say that i just looooveee Itachi's Kage bunshins, theyr like a BANG-surprise=P hehehe But i think that Sarutobi was the strongest, in his prime. But Itachi clearly appears to have the biggest potential.=)
stylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 18:57   Link #246
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stylez
Hehe i must say that i just looooveee Itachi's Kage bunshins, theyr like a BANG-surprise=P hehehe But i think that Sarutobi was the strongest, in his prime. But Itachi clearly appears to have the biggest potential.=)

just what i think too..apart that i think that the one who has the most potential is obviously naruto

in fact personnally i don t especially like itachi because he is (and seems) so powerful (although it helps of course!! ) but because this guy is abnormally cool(he is so calm even in front of jiraiya),he is super well-trained and also because for a bad guy,he seems really smart(captain of anbu at 13) and he is also very cute,ask the naruto fan girls !!( although i m a man and hetero,i precise, lol)

him,kakashi and shika are my 3 favorites characters cause they re the coolest by
a mile

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-24 at 10:04.
Old 2004-08-23, 19:02   Link #247
stylez
Hokage

Hehehe Itachi is sweet... But it would be nice for him to cut the nail polish.. purple? damn=P Anyways i like the chill expression of his face all the time=P And yeah, Naruto carries the biggest potential, but Itachi has the biggest of the people on the list in this forum=P Btw Naruto is now 13 and still i aint no ANBU cpt.?=P
Old 2004-08-23, 19:08   Link #248
itachistyle

Quote:
Hehehe Itachi is sweet... But it would be nice for him to cut the nail polish.. purple? damn=P Anyways i like the chill expression of his face all the time=P And yeah, Naruto carries the biggest potential, but Itachi has the biggest of the people on the list in this forum=P Btw Naruto is now 13 and still i aint no ANBU cpt.?=P
ah clearly...if we don t consider naruto(we musn t forget also guys like gaara or sasuke even if sasuke didn t grow as fastly as itachi ,it s an understatement! ,they surely have the potential to be very strong too) ,itachi has ,i think, the biggest potential, it s obvious, you just need to look on his CV
Old 2004-08-23, 19:19   Link #249
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
so tell me why oro absolutely didn t fear kakashi who is a genious and who also has a full mastered sharingan (and who knows around or more than 1000 jutsus)????
itachi is much much more than a basic sharingan user,just look at how he kicked the ass of 3 adults uchihas with full mastered sharingan when he was 12 on 2 seconds!!!!!

i mean ,the reason why is so strong is not only sharingan but especially the fact that he is super strong in the basics(strenght,way of throwing shurikens and kunais,jutsu speed,etc...)
Because, (relatively speaking) Kakashi is a chump, no where in that league. He's slower, has way, way less chakra and lacks the most scary thing about Itachi, the Mangekyou.

However the question remains, how would Itachi be able to deal with the likes of a Grand summon, or even a smaller summon such as the lesser giant snakes and the Frog destroyer; or Edo Tensei for that matter? These are unknowns, which is why most thinking people will be hesitant to classify one stronger than the other without more knowledge of both parties, especially Itachi. It's not for nothing that Itachi and Kisame expressed great caution at approaching one of the legendary sannin. Furthermore, in regards to Tsukiyomi, (which attacks the spirit of the opponent), the sannin have much stronger spirits than does Kakashi, so it's no telling how harder they would be able to crack, and that's if they were caught looking into his eyes at all.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 19:20   Link #250
stylez
Hokage

Hehehe if it had been new york Itachi would have alot of street cred=P hehhe. Yeah, Gaara gonna be über-mean=D Mean Dessert machine=P And Sasuke also carries a great potensial. I think most of the Genins mentioned in the manga so far carries a great potential. Like Shino, Shika, Neji, Lee and Temari=)... Uhmm yeah... i want some more Temari in the manga now..=P
Old 2004-08-23, 19:23   Link #251
itachistyle

Quote:
Hehehe if it had been new york Itachi would have alot of street cred=P hehhe. Yeah, Gaara gonna be über-mean=D Mean Dessert machine=P And Sasuke also carries a great potensial. I think most of the Genins mentioned in the manga so far carries a great potential. Like Shino, Shika, Neji, Lee and Temari=)... Uhmm yeah... i want some more Temari in the manga now..=P
yeah me too.. at the difference that me i want more temari-shika!!! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
Because, (relatively speaking) Kakashi is a chump, no where in that league. He's slower, has way, way less chakra and lacks the most scary thing about Itachi, the Mangekyou.

However the question remains, how would Itachi be able to deal with the likes of a Grand summon, or even a smaller summon such as the lesser giant snakes and the Frog destroyer; or Edo Tensei for that matter? These are unknowns, which is why most thinking people will be hesitant to classify one stronger than the other without more knowledge of both parties, especially Itachi. It's not for nothing that Itachi and Kisame expressed great caution at approaching one of the legendary sannin. Furthermore, in regards to Tsukiyomi, (which attacks the spirit of the opponent), the sannin have much stronger spirits than does Kakashi, so it's no telling how harder they would be able to crack, and that's if they were caught looking into his eyes at all.

simple:using amaterasu by example (after all it s one of the 3 jutsus of the legendary mangekyo sharingan so it surely must be very very very powerful:the jiraiya 's face ,after he saw that, says it all i think)

look at how it burned the stomach of the smaller frog that jiraiya summoned
so what could stop us to think that it wouldn t be effective against manda or gamabunta by example???

i can understand the reaction of many there who feel that itachi fan boys overrate itachi too much(and sometimes it s really true) but in fact if you calmly think about all that we know ,saw or heard about him, you ll find that he is not so overrated at all...(i agree with one thing tough:we need to see more of him fighting against stronger opponents than kakashi or others jounins levels ninjas to have an exact idea of his real strenght)

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-23 at 19:47.
Old 2004-08-23, 19:55   Link #252
stylez
Hokage

I bet Itachi would have a difficult fight against Moito Gai wo is and excelent tai-jutsu master=) But then again, who knows what Itachi got up his sleeves? Or for all i know what Gai hides up HIS sleeves=P
Old 2004-08-23, 20:06   Link #253
Macbrother
The mac

Send a message via AIM to Macbrother
Quote:
simple:using amaterasu by example (after all it s one of the 3 jutsus of the legendary mangekyo sharingan so it surely must be very very very powerful:the jiraiya 's face ,after he saw that, says it all i think)

look at how it burned the stomach of the smaller frog that jiraiya summoned
so what could stop us to think that it wouldn t be effective against manda or gamabunta by example???
Amaterasu burned a small hole in the esophagus of the mountain frog, roughly about 5-6 feet in diameter. Gamabunta, on the other hand, is probably over 100 feet tall, and can shoot massive balls of water over 20 feet in diameter, not to mention Jiraiya and Gamabunta can combine for an attack that looked to be able to spread across several football fields. Seems to me that would be able to overwhelm, or at least cancel out Itachi's Amaterasu. Again, without knowing more about Itachi, placing either the sannin as stronger or weaker is an unreasonable, factless assumtpion. This is certainly not to take away from his strength, however. Putting him in the same league as the sannin means he is better than 99% of shinobi that are probably walking the planet, but saying he's above is just too much of a stretch.
Macbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 20:12   Link #254
itachistyle

Quote:
I bet Itachi would have a difficult fight against Moito Gai wo is and excelent tai-jutsu master=) But then again, who knows what Itachi got up his sleeves? Or for all i know what Gai hides up HIS sleeves=P

also look to the sasuke-lee story: in just one month of (hard) work , sasuke has acquired lee s speed(lee admitted it himself) and taijutsu so at another level of course (and also considering that itachi is way more a genius than sasuke and was way more talented at sasuke age ) ,what can stop us to think that itachi has done the same thing and that now he is nearly as good in taijutsu as gai??(he perhaps copied gai ' s taijutsu before he left konoha and he trained very hard then ,who knows??)

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-23 at 20:23.
Old 2004-08-23, 20:16   Link #255
itachistyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macbrother
Amaterasu burned a small hole in the esophagus of the mountain frog, roughly about 5-6 feet in diameter. Gamabunta, on the other hand, is probably over 100 feet tall, and can shoot massive balls of water over 20 feet in diameter, not to mention Jiraiya and Gamabunta can combine for an attack that looked to be able to spread across several football fields. Seems to me that would be able to overwhelm, or at least cancel out Itachi's Amaterasu. Again, without knowing more about Itachi, placing either the sannin as stronger or weaker is an unreasonable, factless assumtpion. This is certainly not to take away from his strength, however. Putting him in the same league as the sannin means he is better than 99% of shinobi that are probably walking the planet, but saying he's above is just too much of a stretch.

i nearly agree with you although personnally ,i still think that he is slightly better than the 3 senins
but it s just my opinion (to be honest , i just think that basing on what oro said but in any case i don t think that he is WAY stronger than them , that s for sure)

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-25 at 17:46.
Old 2004-08-23, 20:42   Link #256
stylez
Hokage

Give Itachi like.. Uhmmm 7 Years and he will wh000p some ass! Seriusly, with some more exp Itachi would be insanly strong=) And btw. He ALMOST reached Lee's dashing speed. Still i like to believe that Lee would beat Sasuke in fysical stamina=)
Old 2004-08-23, 20:49   Link #257
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachistyle
also look to the sasuke-lee story: in just one month of (hard) work , sasuke has acquired lee s speed(lee admitted it himself) and taijutsu so at another level of course (and also considering that itachi is way more a genius than sasuke and was way more talented at sasuke age ) ,what can stop us to think that itachi has done the same thing and that now he is nearly as good in taijutsu as gai??(he perhaps copied gai ' s taijutsu before he left konoha and he trained very hard then ,who knows??)
But is Gai really has much of a 'no-talent' ninja has Lee? Gai is obviously better than Kakashi in all taijutsu areas, speed/power/etc. who is a genius like Sasuke is. Sasuke/Lee shouldn't really come into play since Lee has no talent he's all hard work while Gai is both hard work and he has at least some talent.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-23, 23:53   Link #258
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachistyle
Well, what makes you think Itachi has?

"Sasuke is fast, so therefore Itachi must be faster just because he must be" is not a reason. Same as "Well, xxxx can summon an animal, so logically Itachi must be able to summon something bigger and better because Itachi is bad-ass and if he can't then he loses some of his bad-assness".

Yes, I do think Itachi has some talent in taijutsu. Far more than enough to beat the snot out of his little brother. We know no more about his hand-to-hand skills than that - certainly not enough to definitively place him above Gai or even second-best-in-everything Asuma.

From what we've seen, Itachi has no reason to master taijutsu. I don't see why he would bother with the effort.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-24, 06:10   Link #259
itachistyle

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
Well, what makes you think Itachi has?

"Sasuke is fast, so therefore Itachi must be faster just because he must be" is not a reason. Same as "Well, xxxx can summon an animal, so logically Itachi must be able to summon something bigger and better because Itachi is bad-ass and if he can't then he loses some of his bad-assness".

Yes, I do think Itachi has some talent in taijutsu. Far more than enough to beat the snot out of his little brother. We know no more about his hand-to-hand skills than that - certainly not enough to definitively place him above Gai or even second-best-in-everything Asuma.

From what we've seen, Itachi has no reason to master taijutsu. I don't see why he would bother with the effort.

once again,read attentively what i wrote (especially when i said "at another level")
i don t pretend that it s SURE that itachi is as good in taijutsu as a gai , it would be stupid from me cause we haven t see many taijutsu by itachi but i would like to ask you one thing:why what happened at genin level(sasuke being as good as lee in taijutsu in just one month i repeat,just ONE month) would have absolutely no chance to happen at jounin level??(it s obvious that gai is a lot better in taijutsu than lee but admit too that it s even more obvious that itachi is way more talented than sasuke so...)

Quote:
From what we've seen, Itachi has no reason to master taijutsu. I don't see why he would bother with the effort
don t forget one thing about itachi:he seems to be a perfectionnist and he also desperately wants to be stronger and stronger so it s not impossible that he wants to be the best possible in all areas(ninjutsu, taijutsu,genjutsu,etc...) although i agree , it s really difficult to be the best in everything especially if you have ninjas who are only specialised and who only train in one thing(gai or lee in taijutsu) but eh precisely, it s here where the sharingan (or even better the mangekyo)can be a decisive factor cause it can copy many things. and if in addition,the sharingan user is a genious then....

Quote:
Same as "Well, xxxx can summon an animal, so logically Itachi must be able to summon something bigger and better because Itachi is bad-ass and if he can't then he loses some of his bad-assness".
it s the contrary for me:i think it would make him even more bad-ass!! lol
i would love him to not have any summon,it would prove that he doesn t need the help of some big creatures or other things to be that bad ass and beat the crap of oro or the others senins,he does it only by himself!

Last edited by itachistyle; 2004-08-24 at 06:41.
Old 2004-08-24, 07:04   Link #260
rorosama

I say sarutobi. He was trained by the 1st and 2nd hokage! He was called the professor for his jutsu knowlege. I thought it was said in the anime or manga that he was the strongest ninja in his prime anyway. Itachi comes in a close second and may surpass saratobi. We know nothing of the 4th. I'm surprised so many voted for him.
rorosama is offline   Reply With Quote