AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2010-12-25, 14:36   Link #3781
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, the book title would be the same for both, so they are probably going to share volume number 10. Hence a and b.

As I said, it is easier just to think of it as one book that costs twice as much and sold in two halves.
I would suggest against using "a" and "b", for the obvious chance for confusion it might cause, considering the divided format of Volume 9. Unless it turns out that Part 1 is alpha and Part 2 is beta, of course, which I find unlikely as that would require a similar amount of material in each timeline.
Old 2010-12-25, 20:21   Link #3782
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

So do you think that the English release (whenever it may be) will end up being just one longer book? The next volume of FMP that's (FINALLY) coming out is books 4 and 5 in one volume, for instance (Ending Day by Day parts 1 and 2).

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Heminga13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:23   Link #3783
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I would suggest against using "a" and "b", for the obvious chance for confusion it might cause, considering the divided format of Volume 9. Unless it turns out that Part 1 is alpha and Part 2 is beta, of course, which I find unlikely as that would require a similar amount of material in each timeline.
that is first time i think when i heard 2 book released

other possibility that the 2 book is simply have different cover.

one is the sasaki cover

and other is panoramic one
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 22:30   Link #3784
Athena
The Power of One

Why don't we just say the first part and the latter part. Translation for 上 is ''up'' and 下 is ''down''(That's what i THINK. I'm not sure about this since I don't know japanese).

Oh Merry christmas and Happy new year to everyone.
Athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 00:21   Link #3785
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heminga13 View Post
So do you think that the English release (whenever it may be) will end up being just one longer book? The next volume of FMP that's (FINALLY) coming out is books 4 and 5 in one volume, for instance (Ending Day by Day parts 1 and 2).
That's a publishing decision TP made due to how FMP is being published. In the west, the size of the final product matters much less than in Japan and it is printed in a trade paperback so any logistical issues would be completely different from Japan's. I highly doubt Yen Press will do that currently though since they have to worry about the hardcover version which is meant to be authentic and it would likely make a longer delay between vol 9 and 10. It's possible that they do it in the paperback though, but for the above reasoning, I would doubt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
Why don't we just say the first part and the latter part. Translation for 上 is ''up'' and 下 is ''down''(That's what i THINK. I'm not sure about this since I don't know japanese).
The screenshot said they are calling these (前) and (後) which is just another way to say the same thing. And yes, that is the literal representation of the kanji.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-26, 07:22   Link #3786
kniteowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
My first thought it that its like the latest Harry Potter movie. It's just too long for one book so they decided to split it in two. As stated, 前 and 後 are pretty common ways of saying Part 1 and Part 2.
This sentence made me lol.

I'm speculating but , the latest Haruhi arc from the novel starting from volume 9 is LONG.

3 BLOODY VOLUMES, lets translate this into anime episodes, using melancholy, assuming 6 episodes = 1 volume.

3 volumes = 18 episodes... that would be one awesome season 4 of Haruhi, unless they decide to combine season 3 and 4 for whatever reason lol.

I honestly can't see a official english release of volume 10 & 11 by May of next year either, unless they quickly release volume 5-8 and combine volume 9-11 into one massive book for english audience within the next 5 months :S.

Ah well at least the fan translations will be very busy next May, having to translate 2 volumes of Haruhi.

Did anyone here expected 2 volumes of Haruhi, I was only expecting one.

SO AWESOME
Old 2010-12-26, 21:39   Link #3787
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Kadokawa installed a FAQ page for four questions relating to this release:

Quote:
1. When will we find out more details about the release?
On 2011/1/29 this webpage as well as bookstores around the country will have more information.

2. Is that the real release date?
We will release the volume country-wide on May 25th, 2011.

3. In The Sneaker release in April 2010, didn't you state that it would be released within the year?
In that magazine, we stated that we were aiming for a release date in 2010, but the editing process led us to a May 25th 2011 release date. It's inexcusable, but we ask everyone to wait just a little bit longer.

4. What are the countries that will be seeing the simultaneous worldwide release?
As soon as we finalize them, we will release the list of countries in sequential order.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 12:54   Link #3788
Kagekyuubi

All this talk about 10a and 10b has got me thinking about why they're doing it like this. The most likely possibility is that the novel is just too long to fit in one book. The alternative is that this is a gimmick that brings the slider into play.

Two different timelines of the Haruhi series that intersect across two books for one story. I wouldn't put it past kadokawa to pull a gimmick like this. Just imagine if they try animating something like that. Two Haruhi anime at once with completely separate but similar animations ala endless eight for volumes 9 and 10. Possibly more.
Kagekyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 15:21   Link #3789
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
IMO the main reason behind the dual-book is that the profit generated from 2 books is probably greater than the profit from 1 book. Chances are though, volume 10 is pretty darn big.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-29, 23:28   Link #3790
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagekyuubi View Post
All this talk about 10a and 10b has got me thinking about why they're doing it like this. The most likely possibility is that the novel is just too long to fit in one book. The alternative is that this is a gimmick that brings the slider into play.

Two different timelines of the Haruhi series that intersect across two books for one story. I wouldn't put it past kadokawa to pull a gimmick like this. Just imagine if they try animating something like that. Two Haruhi anime at once with completely separate but similar animations ala endless eight for volumes 9 and 10. Possibly more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4dudes View Post
IMO the main reason behind the dual-book is that the profit generated from 2 books is probably greater than the profit from 1 book. Chances are though, volume 10 is pretty darn big.
The reason for the dual release has already been revealed. Length. We can debate why it's going to be so long until it's released next year, but when you get down to it, 600 pages is 600 pages, which is about 300 pages too long for a "light" novel. You do realize they only sell these things for ~550 yen (~$6.75), right? It's not that they're dual releasing to make more money, they're dual releasing to make any money.
Old 2010-12-30, 07:51   Link #3791
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
The reason for the dual release has already been revealed. Length. We can debate why it's going to be so long until it's released next year, but when you get down to it, 600 pages is 600 pages, which is about 300 pages too long for a "light" novel. You do realize they only sell these things for ~550 yen (~$6.75), right? It's not that they're dual releasing to make more money, they're dual releasing to make any money.
ok lets go back to main point, so they releasing volume 10 and 11
Old 2010-12-30, 08:21   Link #3792
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrw View Post
ok lets go back to main point, so they releasing volume 10 and 11
No. Volume 10 will be released on May 25th in two books. This is most likely because the length of the volume is unsuitable for one book. It is not a separate volume, nor is it likely due to the split plots. The biggest volume currently out is volume 7, which looks huge compared to the others, and it is 170 pages less than this volume. There is no word on a possible Volume 11.

More information will be released in just less than one month from today.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 14:24   Link #3793
dragon4dudes
Uncountable rationality

Send a message via MSN to dragon4dudes
Well technically it is MORE money. Just saying (cough)

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so. Douglas Adams
Where facts are few, experts are many. Donald R. Gannon

void foo() {foo();} // Can you guess what this line of code does?
dragon4dudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-30, 15:10   Link #3794
narukamikun

It's hardly the first book to be split in two. The last book of the Alison series was released in two parts, and that was less than 600 pages all told.
narukamikun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-02, 10:37   Link #3795
s07195
However,

Well, two parts aren't THAT uncommon (just finished the Spice and Wolf 8 & 9, which are also split into two parts).
Anyways, the total length is really long. So what? More for me to read!

Thank goodness I read the Taiwanese translated version. (Translated up to novel 9)
Old 2011-01-02, 11:06   Link #3796
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
Well, two parts aren't THAT uncommon (just finished the Spice and Wolf 8 & 9, which are also split into two parts).
Anyways, the total length is really long. So what? More for me to read!

Thank goodness I read the Taiwanese translated version. (Translated up to novel 9)
well i have no problem with 2 part. the problem is what are they called!

Old 2011-01-02, 19:52   Link #3797
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Why does it matter? The title is the same for both. It's just that if they print it as one book, if you lift up the book by the front cover it would tear from the weight. Labelled as "Front" and Back". There is no conspiracy here.
Old 2011-01-02, 23:26   Link #3798
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Just call them Part 1 and Part 2, since that's the connotation intended by the kanji used.
Old 2011-01-04, 14:39   Link #3799
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

because it feel strange if you have vol 9, vol 10a, vol 10b if they have same story!

Old 2011-01-05, 04:18   Link #3800
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
because it feel strange if you have vol 9, vol 10a, vol 10b if they have same story!
Since it is very normal in the light-novel industry, it is not strange at all. This isn't new.

Tags
shounen, sneaker bunko, seinen, light novels, manga