Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-06-22, 21:17   Link #1
Lt. Cmdr. Mu LaFlaga
GAT-X105 Strike Gundam

Send a message via AIM to Lt. Cmdr. Mu LaFlaga
RX-93 Nu Gundam vs. ZGMF-X13A Providence Gundam

This battle is between two mobile suits and their performance specs. and is not based on the ability of a pilot to win over the other Mobile Suit.

Nu Gundam has:

2 x vulcan gun
large beam saber
beam saber
6 x Funnels

Opt Weapons-
Arm Shield
mounts beam cannon
4 x small missile
beam rifle with attached grenade launcher
hyper bazooka

Providence Gundam has:

Phase Shift (PS) armor
Neutron Jammer Canceler
2 x MMI-GAU2 "Picus" 76mm CIWS
MA-MV05A composite armed shield system: beam saber, 2 x small beam gun, mounted over left arm

Opt Weapons-
MA-M221 "Judicium" beam rifle
DRAGOON System(Disconnected Rapid Armament Group Overlook Operation Network)(mounts 11 units, total of 43 beam gun nozzles)

Given a neutral pilot both equal and the winner would rely on the Mobile suit to win which one would come out on top?
Lt. Cmdr. Mu LaFlaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:04   Link #2
reinloch

Nu is built for a newtype.
reinloch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:06   Link #3
viper

Can't really cross compare MSes from different timelines.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-22, 22:17   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Try posting in your last Vs. thread or contributing to it in a meaningful way before jumping the gun and creating another.
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 02:41   Link #5
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
Let's assume both MS's performance could be used to it's full:

I'd say Nu would win, because it's fin funnels can do this shield thing and block the Dragoons. Aside from that, Nu has many more combat options like the bazooka, large beam sabers, beam cannons, grenade launchers, etc.
Providence's other options is the beam sword, rifle and a pair of mini beam guns compared to Nu's other array of weapons.

Power output, I'm not too sure. Which would be the faster of the two?
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 07:14   Link #6
nightbringer360

Nu Gundam would be faster and more maneuverable. Not to mention the Psycoframe which allows it to be responsive as Amuro wants it to be - and the fin funnels can actually move in whatever direction Amuro wants.

In other words - Nu Gundam's victory.
nightbringer360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 08:02   Link #7
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Again...pro-UC when it comes to comparing UC stuff vs. AC/CE most of the time...I'd have to go with the Nu Gundam overall...(especially if it had been completed as the Hi-Nu Gundam). Possibly could've been able to prevent Junius Seven's fall if it was there like it did with Axis =P
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 09:00   Link #8
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Just a remark.

Isn´t it, atleast a little, interesting that people always complain that the Gundams in CE is so overpowered but compared to UC Gundams the CE Gundams always gets labeled as the inferior one.

I don´t really understand why people always has got to crosscompare mechas from different shows and timelines. It is always an unfair battle for atleast one of the compared suits or characters since each show has its own laws for everything.

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Last_Hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 09:09   Link #9
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

edit---please delete---double post
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 09:11   Link #10
Silent Soldier
Z.A.F.T Ace

You can't really compare the two they are from totally different gundam universes and timelines what's the point in comparing them anyway its not like they ever would or could fight each other.
Silent Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 09:12   Link #11
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

while Amuro is busy evading DRAGOON beam fire (totally possible with such a maneuverable MS as a Nu), his fin funnels would be rather busy taking down the DRAGOONs themselves :P Ive already posted in the providence vs saz thread that the saz has the edge, therefore NU and amuro will just make mince meat out of providence. worse comes to worse he can engulf all DRAGOONs with the barrier by having a good timing. and he can take at Rau's otherwise useless MS by meleeing
Quote:
Isnīt it, atleast a little, interesting that people always complain that the Gundams in CE is so overpowered but compared to UC Gundams the CE Gundams always gets labeled as the inferior one.
well, because CE Gundams fights stupid grunts, so they are overpowered in THEIR universes, while UC gundams, while powerful, always hands their hands full since the enemy MSes are also powerful... besides, the one who herald CE MSes being gods is gone now, so we should be ok.... for now
Old 2006-06-23, 10:08   Link #12
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

You mean me? Vwahahah! Anyhow, Nu gundam IMHO would take this, since they're both goon gundams, but Nu is more maneuverable. And providence doesn't have Legend's hijinks or SF's godly maneuverability.
Old 2006-06-23, 10:12   Link #13
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by reinloch
Nu is built for a newtype.
Aren't they both built for Newtypes? IIRC, Providence used the early DRAGOON system which required someone with large amounts of spatial awareness.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 10:17   Link #14
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

Quote:
You mean me? Vwahahah! Anyhow, Nu gundam IMHO would take this, since they're both goon gundams, but Nu is more maneuverable. And providence doesn't have Legend's hijinks or SF's godly maneuverability.
No not you :P him. >.>
Old 2006-06-23, 10:32   Link #15
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
well, because CE Gundams fights stupid grunts, so they are overpowered in THEIR universes, while UC gundams, while powerful, always hands their hands full since the enemy MSes are also powerful... besides, the one who herald CE MSes being gods is gone now, so we should be ok.... for now
Yeah, I know. It wasnīt meant to be a water solid argument. Just wanted to tease and point that out.

Albeit Kira fighting grunts (and the other Gundams) in Strike wasnīt all too boring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
No not you :P him. >.>

Old 2006-06-23, 12:01   Link #16
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Given a neutral pilot both equal and the winner would rely on the Mobile suit to win which one would come out on top?
Is this neutral pilot a Newtype or has increased spatial awareness?

Because if not, neither the Fin Funnels nor the DRAGOON system on Providence can be of any use. Since Nu Gundam most probably is more maneuverable as well as having a more varied armament, Nu Gundam would take this - it can lose the in this case useless FF's, but the huge backpack would still be on Providence.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 12:44   Link #17
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Just one thing would give Nu Gundam an edge over Providence, the Psycho Frame.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:50   Link #18
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_Hope
Just a remark.

Isnīt it, atleast a little, interesting that people always complain that the Gundams in CE is so overpowered but compared to UC Gundams the CE Gundams always gets labeled as the inferior one.
Well its because CE mechs only fight the weakest crap ever........UC mechs are always against opponents equal or more powerful than them.....all the Gundams do in CE is shoot flies.
Sety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 13:55   Link #19
tritoch

*patiently waits for him to show up and post long posts with words that we don't know about but we don't really care..*

Since the topic starter said neutral pilots, I'm going to say, the first to destroy the other wins.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 14:28   Link #20
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety
Well its because CE mechs only fight the weakest crap ever........UC mechs are always against opponents equal or more powerful than them.....all the Gundams do in CE is shoot flies.
So in the UC Gundams suck?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritoch
Since the topic starter said neutral pilots, I'm going to say, the first to destroy the other wins.

Quoted for truth.