AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 23:12   Link #2481
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
You mean, it's a standard message in Bioware games.
It's a standard message in EA games. Pre-EA Bioware games did not engage in this nonsense (though that was before the DLC fad really took off).
Old 2012-03-19, 23:39   Link #2482
Xion Valkyrie

If you bought ME3 from Amazon...

http://www.analoghype.com/video-game...mass-effect-3/
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:34   Link #2483
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Amazon is amazing at customer service. That's all I've got to say.
Old 2012-03-20, 00:42   Link #2484
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
It's a standard message in EA games. Pre-EA Bioware games did not engage in this nonsense (though that was before the DLC fad really took off).
Oh right. With all the mess this and DA2 made, it's easy to forget that they had games before that as well.

Speaking of DA2, the unannounced expansion that they had planned was canceled and all funding's going into DA3.

And an unrelated video:

Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:53   Link #2485
Xion Valkyrie

Hilarious. If this had been the secret ending maybe people wouldn't have been as mad. Or maybe even madder...
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:57   Link #2486
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

laughing so hard at that.
Old 2012-03-20, 02:56   Link #2487
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Bioware's taking reactions to the ending into consideration.

So... will they change it?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 03:40   Link #2488
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
If they think it'll make them money, yes.

I don't really see them giving us an ending DLC for free. While I'd like that, and if they did that they'd go a long ways toward repairing the damaged customer loyalty caused by all the nonsense surrounding ME3, I don't think they'll give it away.

Expect a Broken Steel type arrangement that keeps the existing material intact, explains it in a way that makes some sort of sense (indoctrination theory being the path of least resistance here), and continues on for two or so hours of play time, giving us an actual final boss or setpiece and a proper epilogue.
Old 2012-03-20, 03:56   Link #2489
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I have decided.

I don't need a complicated ending. I don't need the three colour choices altered. I don't need the mass relays saved. I don't even need to see how my team mates ended up.

I just need a simple option added, in addition to the three colour endings.

I want my Shepard to have the option of blowing his own brains out with his pistol.

This is the only honourable way out for one who has been forced with bad options, where every choice leads to evil. This is what every other hero of Mass Effect was prepared to do when the time comes.

My Shepard would do it. It would be the final defiance against the Reapers. He would not play by their rules. Shepard would take his life, so the galaxy would stand a chance to fight on their own terms. If they lose, so be it. There will be other civilizations. But Shepard will make his stand the only way he knows how.
Old 2012-03-20, 04:12   Link #2490
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Challenge the RGC to a game of yugioh. Winner gets the galaxy!

It'd make about as much sense as the actual "ending" did...
Old 2012-03-20, 04:18   Link #2491
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That's quite the exaggeration there methinks. The actual ending message is more along the lines of, paraphrase, "Continue Shepard's adventures by starting a new game and through DLC". ME2 had a similar message at the end. And that message comes AFTER the actual ending itself. It's similar to the Captain America movie going "Captain America returns in the Avengers!". It's one thing to rave about the actual ending - I know and understand all the complaints about it -, but trying to put that easily skippable and quick message as the crux of the ending and the entire game strikes me as grasping for straws to add further antagonism towards the game.
Problem for me is, she is dead. I have no problem if further DLC is release that expands on the ME universe, like the online mode, that run in parallel to the main story. I actually would welcome if they create a new storyline with a different character, like Bioshock2's minerva's den DLC. But telling me that Shepard still has some untold adventures, just doesn't fit here. The main story is closed, putting people though the ordeal of playing the game again with DLCs that each adds maybe 30min-1h of extra non-main story content is nonsense.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 09:05   Link #2492
killer3000ad

BBC picked it up.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-17444719
Old 2012-03-20, 09:08   Link #2493
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I don't get what's the point to promote in multi except to reset characters , increase the N7 & for war assets which is useless cuz 5000 is enough.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 10:04   Link #2494
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
I don't get what's the point to promote in multi except to reset characters , increase the N7 & for war assets which is useless cuz 5000 is enough.
As was explained recently, the multiplayer was recycled from a separate Mass Effect game that was cancelled. They just transferred the game assets to ME3. They didn't give ME3 a multiplayer because they actually think it makes the game better or anything.
Old 2012-03-20, 10:55   Link #2495
Who

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/

If you've gotten Scott Ramsoomair updating his comics on a frequent basis, you know you've screwed up massively. On another note, the 'endangered bird' joke was pretty good.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 11:07   Link #2496
mrShady

Is it even possible for them to release after the fact downloadable content that gives us the actual ending? (if the the indoctrination theory is correct) I mean legally. I wouldn't be suprised if enough people would feel screwed over even if the dlc is free and then resort to suing bioware/ea.
mrShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 11:16   Link #2497
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Is it even possible for them to release after the fact downloadable content that gives us the actual ending? (if the the indoctrination theory is correct) I mean legally. I wouldn't be suprised if enough people would feel screwed over even if the dlc is free and then resort to suing bioware/ea.
In theory, they can ADD extra endings, but keeping the original for certain scenarios. By not deleting the old ending completely, they can argue that they weren't lying about shipping a completed game.

I am still amazed at how many news sites deliberately twisting the facts. Some even argue that we are too extreme in asking for more than one ending.

Multiple endings is hardly revolutionary. And we aren't even asking for ten minute cut scenes for any of them; we just like to feel like how Shepard carried him or her self throughout the game, could have fundamentally reshaped the universe.

The fact that people who never touched the games, are now making stuff up about defending Bioware artistic integrity, makes me sick. All it does is piss people off more.
Old 2012-03-20, 11:39   Link #2498
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
While I am very much of the opinion that the ME3 ending is terrible, and would very much like it to be improved by DLC, I find the thought of suing bioware/ea over it to be batshit insane.

I mean, really? Suing a company because the ending of a story is terrible? What's next? Suing them because the box art isn't pretty enough?

If we start suing people over opinions what little dignity the legal system has left would go down the drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
In theory, they can ADD extra endings, but keeping the original for certain scenarios. By not deleting the old ending completely, they can argue that they weren't lying about shipping a completed game.

I am still amazed at how many news sites deliberately twisting the facts. Some even argue that we are too extreme in asking for more than one ending.

Multiple endings is hardly revolutionary. And we aren't even asking for ten minute cut scenes for any of them; we just like to feel like how Shepard carried him or her self throughout the game, could have fundamentally reshaped the universe.

The fact that people who never touched the games, are now making stuff up about defending Bioware artistic integrity, makes me sick. All it does is piss people off more.
Besides, it's not really that hard to believe that people are asking for what we were promised in the first place. Bioware promised us, repeatedly, that we'd get multiple endings based on our actions over the game.

We just want what we were promised, what Bioware old us they'd give us. With less plotholes.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 11:59   Link #2499
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
While I am very much of the opinion that the ME3 ending is terrible, and would very much like it to be improved by DLC, I find the thought of suing bioware/ea over it to be batshit insane.

I mean, really? Suing a company because the ending of a story is terrible? What's next? Suing them because the box art isn't pretty enough?

If we start suing people over opinions what little dignity the legal system has left would go down the drain.

Besides, it's not really that hard to believe that people are asking for what we were promised in the first place. Bioware promised us, repeatedly, that we'd get multiple endings based on our actions over the game.

We just want what we were promised, what Bioware old us they'd give us. With less plotholes.
Your two points are related. It's not a lawsuit. It is about false advertising. Bioware promised multiple endings in their promotion material. They did not sell what they claimed. Thus a complaint is filed. This is fully legit no matter if you think it was extreme or not. To promise multiple endings actually MEAN something. So what made you think it is wrong to file an official complaint on this fact?
Old 2012-03-20, 12:20   Link #2500
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

True, from that point of view it is. I thought the idea was to sue just because the endings sucked.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, games, mass