AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-20, 14:23   Link #1
Chii-chan
~*~nekomimi~*~

Shuffle Cosplay

I'm thinking about cosplaying as Sia or Nerine at an upcoming convention and i was wondering if anyone remember Sia wearing a Kimono/Yukata in the series unfortunetely i don't have the series on my computer and i'm having a hard time trying to find a kimono/yukata like the one Nerine is wearing in the following pic:

And i can't find any picture of Sia wearing a Kimono/Yukata or if anyone has another picture of Nerine wearing a different kimono/yukata can you please post it.
Old 2006-03-20, 14:52   Link #2
Winter&Summer
Sugar has side effects

Send a message via MSN to Winter&Summer
Yeah I do have another one of nerine in one of those game cg though and they aren't allowed
Old 2006-03-20, 14:53   Link #3
Chii-chan
~*~nekomimi~*~

can you email me the pic?
Old 2006-03-20, 15:01   Link #4
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter&Summer
Yeah I do have another one of nerine in one of those game cg though and they aren't allowed
In this context we wouldn't object. It's when people post huge numbers of game CG or high resolution artbook images that we object.

The odd image here or there is OK, and since the object here is to try and make a costume it would be acceptable if you posted a link to such an image (or a linked thumbnail).
Old 2006-03-20, 17:23   Link #5
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

I dig~ and I dig~ and I dig my image archive~

Old 2006-03-20, 22:04   Link #6
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
Whos hand is it???
(ITS MINE MWHAHAHAHA!!!)
Old 2006-03-20, 23:39   Link #7
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker
I dig~ and I dig~ and I dig my image archive~

hey, she reminds me of Shinguji Sakura (Sakura Taisen series) when she wears the yukata :"D it's so pink... *_*
Old 2006-03-21, 01:44   Link #8
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Chii-chan: how are you planning to do the ears? Sia's could be done fairly easily with some stage makeup/ears (as long as you can find elf ears that point straight back instead of up). But Nerine's would actually require a silicone appliance of some sort. Nerine's ears are pretty close to World of Warcraft - Night Elf ears ... I wouldn't be surprised to find such a pair at one of the high-end Hollywood costume shops, so you might try there.
Otherwise, you're looking at casting your own -- doable but requires some research (you'd want to make a mold of your own ears for the internal fitting otherwise your ears are going to hurt like hell in about an hour if they don't fit well).

Regarding the "kimono" (actually I think its a summer yukata). The picture wierdly looks like a two piece skirt and top --- they might exist but I've sure not seen one. There are zillions of patterns so you'd just have to google the online shops for one that came close. The more I look at that pic the more it looks like a separate skirt and top pattern --- odd. Like I said, I've never seen one - all the ones I've seen are the full length ones (that my wife has or that I've seen at the festivals or in magazines).

JUN gifts is one site we've had some luck at: http://www.jun-gifts.com/specialcoll...katakimono.htm
for the basic yukata and geta sandals....
This site has some notes and possible links: http://www.japanesekimono.com/yukata_kimono.htm
The Obi instructions are useful here if you just want to make one.

Actually, the pine-and-crane one at this site is pretty close: http://www.garden-gifts.com/yukata.htm

Welcome to one small folder in my bookmarks.... enjoy.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-03-21 at 02:50.
Old 2006-03-21, 14:11   Link #9
Chii-chan
~*~nekomimi~*~

Thanks for the help. As of right now i have no idea how i would do Nerines ears. I think i can get the larger ears that go back i just don't know how to make them go out to the side like hers do

i found this one that looks similiar http://www.ichiroya.com/item/list2.php?number=77017

Does anyone remember if she was wear another kimnon/yukata in the anime?

Last edited by Chii-chan; 2006-03-21 at 14:32.
Old 2006-03-21, 15:02   Link #10
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oooh, that is close ... and quite pretty.

Actually... I don't remember her wearing japanese garb at *all* within the show.
Only in those pieces of artwork. If I get a chance I'll browse the likely episodes where she might have worn one.

As far as her ears..... they were actually pretty cat-like - their angle depended on her mood (droopy, straight back, straight out). But it would be excellent if they could be made to go straight out I suppose ... most likely if you can get a 45 degree angle thats "good enough" and you won't poke anyone in the eye

I'm on lunch break so I'll try to scan a few eps...
Old 2006-03-21, 15:55   Link #11
Shounen
Away for good

hmm... nope both of them only had an kimono in the cd drama thingie so ..well thats what i "assumed" so you can hear it but no can see it

EDIT:
exept that pic and "fanmade" ones
and this on 芙蓉 楓 *Fuyou Kaede*
and Nerine....
OMFG, now i take what i said back... i hate cosplaying exept if your 日本語 and is/are cute
EDIT2:
ok same pics but all little bit edited colors etc:

Last edited by Shounen; 2006-03-21 at 17:28.
Old 2006-03-22, 01:25   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, no sign of a yukata/kimono in the series (no festival either ... wah! how can you have a harem series without a cultural festival )
If you're able to achieve some decent results, I'm sure the slavering crowd here would appreciate a posted photo.
Old 2006-03-22, 02:42   Link #13
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Me-> slavering crowd. Since you're at it, could you cosplay everyone except Asa? And post the photos
Old 2006-04-12, 02:47   Link #14
Rin-Sama
Banned

SHUFFLE! Cosplay!

I was searching the net for a few things to help with a cosplay costume i'm helping a friend put together for an anime con comming up and i happen to come across this site.

These should come in REALLY handy for any girls wanted to cosplay as any of the SHUFFLE! girls! Or a guy wanting to go as either one of the fathers.

http://www.cosworx.com/home.php?cat=2457
Old 2006-04-12, 14:23   Link #15
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rin-Sama
I was searching the net for a few things to help with a cosplay costume i'm helping a friend put together for an anime con comming up and i happen to come across this site.

These should come in REALLY handy for any girls wanted to cosplay as any of the SHUFFLE! girls! Or a guy wanting to go as either one of the fathers.

http://www.cosworx.com/home.php?cat=2457
wow..... most excellent find on the ears....
Old 2006-04-12, 15:29   Link #16
Rin-Sama
Banned

(Sorry. didn't see a SHUFFLE! cosply topic already formed!)

Yeah it is a good find, but the prices are a bit pricy. But it would be well worth it!
Closed Thread