AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 19:01   Link #4241
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
A fair point, but they haven't directly stated how difficult Isis' little trick is, exactly. It could be something that takes a lot of concentration.
And knowledge about the chemicals relseased and the process of combining them to achieve the desired effects. It looks easy but i can recognize Isis's skill just by the mere nature of her fight-style.

....of course, if the cyborg theory turns out to be true, that probably will explain a lot of that xD

EDIT: Page claimed for pink-haired fluffyness *-*

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 19:29   Link #4242
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Considering Isis is actively disguising her explosives? Yes. Compare that to magical devices, which even children are allowed to own freely.
Disguising? Everybody that saw her fight knew what her power was.

And if she's not allowed to use Puffy, would that mean that later chapters she ill be using Strike Cannon instead?

Besides, considering that the Bureau had given permits for mass weapons before (Runessa), not letting her use them on an emergency like this is silly.

Quote:
AEC is tiptoeing the line by still having magic as the base. Isis weapons have chemical reactions as a base, making them the reverse (assuming she even uses magic, an issue which is still up in the air).
The only distinction between mass weapons and magic that I can find is:
The alternative to mass weapons are magical weapons (Devices and spells). They are "relatively clean and safe",[1] in the sense that they take a lesser toll on the environment and can be much less lethal compared to mass weapons of equivalent power.

No mention on whether having magic as power base or not matter. The concern is in the effects of the weapon. And in that sense AEC is no different than mass weapon. Not to mention none of the AEC's has been stated to have a non-lethal setting; only Bardiche's upgrade has that.
Old 2011-09-23, 19:39   Link #4243
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Disguising? Everybody that saw her fight knew what her power was.
I think Keroko was refering to the disguissed contents of her bag, albeit that also could be related to the fact that she escaped from her home and doesn't want to de identified by her device and fight-style.

Quote:
And if she's not allowed to use Puffy, would that mean that later chapters she ill be using Strike Cannon instead?
It could go in any way. She's currently training with a Strike Cannon but Nanoha showed interest on her unique fight-style and commented on letting Cinque and Wendy train her in improving her own style.

Which brings me to the question, are the number's abilities legalized under speciall permission? I mean, the likes of Nove, Deed and Otto can be somehow handwaved but Cinque posses a very physical and lethal power as she is, after all, the knife-nut loli version of Gambit.

Quote:
No mention on whether having magic as power base or not matter. The concern is in the effects of the weapon. And none of the AEC's has been stated to have a non-lethal setting, only Bardiche's upgrade has that.
Yup, that's the main controversy around the AEC weapons, they're dancing on the line of the mass-based weapons prohibition. Even Teana lampshades this in Ch. 17 by pointing out the legal troubles her "new weapon" is having to finally get to her hands. Teana with a reall gun/cannon will be as lethal(if not more) as Cinque.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 19:55   Link #4244
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
Although the AEC equipment is intended to counteract the effects of Eclipse, but my feeling says that the equipment as if made ​​from materials that are very "fragile". I mean, despite having the ability to bypass the anti-magic effects, the effects are still not useful like what it says.

I myself think, if Devices and spells relatively clean and safe, maybe someday there will be a magic actually doesn't give pain outside, but deadly from the inside? Maybe the spell that analogous with "Touch of Death" technique.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:00   Link #4245
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

While it could've been depicted better, we know otherwise that the AEC equipment isn't fragile, with one Huckebein member stating that the Strike Cannons were remarkably durable as she broke her sword doing so, and the Fortress was only destroyed because Touma is abnormally powerful even among Eclipse infectees.

They're not 100% useful because they're still prototypes. They're trying to iron out the bugs in them.

But if you people still refuse to acknowledge this fact, then you never will and those of us who have acknowledged it are just wasting our time.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:08   Link #4246
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
But if you people still refuse to acknowledge this fact, then you never will and those of us who have acknowledged it are just wasting our time.
Don't worry pal. As soon as Tsuzuki shows solid evidence of this instead of just mentioning it. We will loose our excuse instantly.

Meanwhile...

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 20:10   Link #4247
Justin_Brett

Curren wasn't really impressed when she broke her katana, though. Only mildly disappointed, which makes sense considering she probably has a bunch more of them in wherever she pulls them out from.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 20:11   Link #4248
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Don't worry pal. As soon as Tsuzuki shows solid evidence of this instead of just mentioning it. We will loose our excuse instantly.

Meanwhile...
No. You see, that's the sad thing about this--you won't lose your excuse. You'll ignore it, like you do with so many other facts and explanations, and on top of that, you'll just find yet another reason to bitch--that's all you really do, Aki, and that's all so many other "fans" do about the Nanoha franchise anymore. You're part of the problem as to why a number of other more reasonable fans have dropped the franchise. All. You do. Is bitch.
Old 2011-09-23, 20:17   Link #4249
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
It broke the sword of someone who can apparently summon swords from out of nowhere. Very useful.
To be fair, we didn't seen Curren going "Archer" onscreen yet. But it's still very suspicious all this art of her with a variety of swords. Being able to do Unlimited Blade Works is the only thing Curren needs to be propelled instantly into unquestionable Memetic Badass status.

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-23, 20:18   Link #4250
Justin_Brett

Well, it's not like she's carrying them all around or anything, so it's at least something like that. Maybe it'll be like Mifune, where she just scatters them around the area she fights in.
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 20:27   Link #4251
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
No. You see, that's the sad thing about this--you won't lose your excuse. You'll ignore it, like you do with so many other facts and explanations, and on top of that, you'll just find yet another reason to bitch--that's all you really do, Aki, and that's all so many other "fans" do about the Nanoha franchise anymore. You're part of the problem as to why a number of other more reasonable fans have dropped the franchise. All. You do. Is bitch.
Agreed 18500000%

I haven't read Force since Hayate got stabbied and the last chapter of ViVid I read was just before the tournament.

I got tired of the bitching and whining.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 21:06   Link #4252
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
I think Keroko was refering to the disguissed contents of her bag, albeit that also could be related to the fact that she escaped from her home and doesn't want to de identified by her device and fight-style.
I see. Bad wording on my part, since when I asked

Quote:
Is it? Has there been any statement that she's not allowed to use Puffy?
I was asking about now, when she has joined(?) the Task Force.
Old 2011-09-23, 21:55   Link #4253
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well, it's not like she's carrying them all around or anything, so it's at least something like that. Maybe it'll be like Mifune, where she just scatters them around the area she fights in.
Or maybe she teleport the swords from somewhere else like some incarnations of Iron Man just teleport weaponry from a distant store.

Quote:
I was asking about now, when she has joined(?) the Task Force.
Oh well, i don't think there's so much trouble with Poffy as Nanoha is planning on asking Cinque to improve Isis's explosive skills xD.

Maybe being part of Section Six allow Isis to legally use such a controversial device?

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-24, 00:20   Link #4254
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Well, Ch. 18 got miraculously translated in spanish(these people are really quick and constant xD) so here's the traditional summary:

Spoiler for Slice of Military life?:
I self quoted myself because once again new stuff got tranlated in spanish so this this is my traditional(unwanted?) summary xD Let's begin!

Spoiler for A tale of two Eclipses:

....the excuse of the Hucks starts to take shape and apparently Veyron have a knack for having a bloody face and screwing arms in battle xDU. Hucks really hate fakes and don't want anyone to mess with their job. So far, Vandin and Caledfwich are apparently independet from each other(but they already acknowledge the existence of the other) and things get more shady. Curren's "Big Family Reunion" is just around the corner. Let's see what happens.

~The ASFB~

Last edited by Akiyoshi; 2011-09-24 at 00:47.
Old 2011-09-24, 00:36   Link #4255
LostSome

CT and VC... Shady ? Of course not !
"Working on a solution" to the Eclipse ?
More like they want S6`s protection.
This is one fine mess S6 is in.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:50   Link #4256
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Heh, that Marty guy channeled Linkara's spirit in that punch to Arnage's guts...

Marty: I'M A MAN!

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-09-24, 03:09   Link #4257
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
CT and VC... Shady ?
TSAB = UPEO, Caledwlch = Neucom, Vandein = General Resource, Hucks = Ouroboros. At least we know who the Belkans in disguise are.
Old 2011-09-24, 04:21   Link #4258
aers
*Fansubber

You guys and your silly discussions.

aers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 04:26   Link #4259
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
You guys and your silly discussions.
Yeah, I really should just stop doing this and just enjoy the manga.

On that note, a little nervous in a uniform, aren't we Isis?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 07:49   Link #4260
Zero Hurricane
I'm here for the reason..

Send a message via Yahoo to Zero Hurricane
At least so. Looks like they are not cannibals, but people with obsessive–compulsive disorder

Tags
manga, nanoha force