AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-26, 22:10   Link #81
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That sounds entirely too elitist.
Autobanning someone before they can learn anything?

It is a game...you are suppose to have fun.

If they prove to cause trouble, then ban...not without proof.
Old 2011-06-26, 22:31   Link #82
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

I there other servers where they can play, they don't have to learn on my time. I mean when I play the game it's not to mentor other players, it's to have fun, and if we play in a competitive manner, then I expect the people that play with us to be at our level or at least close to it, we aren't a learning server, thats just how it is. Also it's the most basic form of screening, because if you buy anything, even a 1.00 item you shouldn't get banned and it doesn't ban you just doesn't allow you to join the server. Anyway what's wrong with playing with people I want to, I see no problem with that?
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 22:56   Link #83
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Are you working with private servers? Because if it is private than there is no real issue. With a public server it would seem a little odd banning people for simple reasons.

Though I will admit that I don't know the server stucture TF2 is using presently.
Old 2011-06-26, 23:04   Link #84
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Edit: Seems like my laptop is not able to play this sadly. Don't know the issue, but it just runs slowly in wide-open areas while in corridors it runs smoothly.

Last edited by Hooves; 2011-06-26 at 23:21.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 23:11   Link #85
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Alright. I give.
I don't play much of anything anymore as it is.
Old 2011-06-26, 23:24   Link #86
Nosauz

Quote:
Are you working with private servers? Because if it is private than there is no real issue. With a public server it would seem a little odd banning people for simple reasons.

Though I will admit that I don't know the server stucture TF2 is using presently.
All servers are private in the sense that valve doesn't own them, they are private as in they are owned by third parties, that how we are able to ban cheaters as they play, and then review cases, but yes they are private.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 00:27   Link #87
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Tempted to start up my own TF2 server on my spare computer for friends or something, that I use as a download box. Just need to make it quiet enough that someone that shall remain unnamed doesn't keep turning the damn thing off!
Old 2011-06-27, 03:42   Link #88
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So the game will be free now with a shop systems. Great , i can try the game.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 20:08   Link #89
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Yep! For PC gamers, Team Fortress 2 is now free!

So if you haven't tried it, there's no reason now why you shouldn't!
Old 2011-06-28, 02:25   Link #90
Ending

Could be interesting. I'm still under the impression that it's just another mindless frag-spawn-frag game. Have to give it a go. Would never pay a penny for it, though.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 02:45   Link #91
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

The only mode where fragging people is the actual goal (Arena) has no re-spawning. You get killed and you're done playing till the match is over. Other modes like Capture Point or Payload have re-spawn, but just killing the enemy isn't going to get you anywhere.

Not to mention it's difficult to frag often with some classes. Like Spy, Engineer or Medic.

TF2 is an FPS that requires a little more planning when playing than others. Also, equip-able weapons change class parameters to mix things up even more, similar to an RPG.
Old 2011-06-28, 07:24   Link #92
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ending View Post
Could be interesting. I'm still under the impression that it's just another mindless frag-spawn-frag game. Have to give it a go. Would never pay a penny for it, though.
Spawn killing actually isn't to much of a problem in TF2, since each team spawns in a sealed off section of their base. Even in the event of the enemy being able to set up sentries and sticky bombs on the door, it's hard to keep the defenders bottled up for long, since they can dictate the term of the engagement (only they can open the door) and they're really just one uber away from breaking out.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 19:48   Link #93
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Not quite practically every game I played on 2Fort degraded into spawn camping with heavies on uber-charge.

So much so that they where so focused on raping the spawn that as a scout I could steal their intel and run it back to base without firing a shot.

Unlocked the scouts force'a'nature shotgun and its pretty awesome especially for knocking back pyro's and axe wielding demo men.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 23:12   Link #94
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Penny Arcade's thoughts on the matter of "Free to Play"

Old 2011-06-29, 01:22   Link #95
Mr Hat and Clogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
The only mode where fragging people is the actual goal (Arena) has no re-spawning. You get killed and you're done playing till the match is over. Other modes like Capture Point or Payload have re-spawn, but just killing the enemy isn't going to get you anywhere.

Not to mention it's difficult to frag often with some classes. Like Spy, Engineer or Medic.

TF2 is an FPS that requires a little more planning when playing than others. Also, equip-able weapons change class parameters to mix things up even more, similar to an RPG.
I go many games as a medic where I don't even pull out my needle gun and just stick with the medi-gun the entire match. Hell there is even an achievement scoring the highest points in a match while just using the medi-gun. It's always satisfying pulling that off and seeing your team win. A good Heavy and Medic combo are awesome if they co-ordinate, or pyro + medic.

I love the payload matches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Not quite practically every game I played on 2Fort degraded into spawn camping with heavies on uber-charge.

So much so that they where so focused on raping the spawn that as a scout I could steal their intel and run it back to base without firing a shot.

Unlocked the scouts force'a'nature shotgun and its pretty awesome especially for knocking back pyro's and axe wielding demo men.
Yeah, they were morons talk about tunnel vision. I've seen some camps like that but they've never lasted very long. Usually if a server is full of morons I just switch to a different one.
Old 2011-06-29, 03:23   Link #96
Ending

It's what I mean. Natural Selection (v1.03-2.0) kinda spoiled me with FPS/RTS strategies, where you build stuff and maintain long-term goals. Kills are there to stop the enemy from interfering with the goals, not for the kill itself. TF2 sounds old-fashioned in it's mechanics, although probably fun for a few short bursts.

Well, I got Steam now. Maybe the thing let's me register sometime today >.>
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:15   Link #97
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:

From what I've seen, heard and experienced, the TF2 community is about as elitist as the average MMO raidguild: The moment you join, you need to be an expert at everything you do and any slip-up leads to more trouble than it's worth (also, everything Valve does ruins the game forever).

But just as MMO's are all about finding the right guild, TF2 is all about finding the right server. Even with 90% of the servers being full of elite jerks there's still that 10% with people who still know the meaning of fun play.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 16:33   Link #98
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
From what I've seen, heard and experienced, the TF2 community is about as elitist as the average MMO raidguild: The moment you join, you need to be an expert at everything you do and any slip-up leads to more trouble than it's worth (also, everything Valve does ruins the game forever).

But just as MMO's are all about finding the right guild, TF2 is all about finding the right server. Even with 90% of the servers being full of elite jerks there's still that 10% with people who still know the meaning of fun play.
Hear hear!
Down here, the majority of servers are run by the ISPs, and whilst you still might find a few jerks, they are probably the best places to start (after you've done the training and some offline practice). Servers that are run by clans or similar communities tend to have more of the elitist kind.
Old 2011-06-29, 16:42   Link #99
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Just a comic related to the "elitist" issue that I really like. Too damn true.~

Old 2011-06-29, 20:38   Link #100
Mr Hat and Clogs

luls, Engie-tan... Nerf-Now is great.