AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2020-08-08, 11:17   Link #561
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

You know, there's this magical device called "Google" that can answer questions like this for you.

Searching for "33 facebook and 80 instagram accounts were discovered in Romania" brings up

https://nypost.com/2020/08/06/facebo...ort-for-trump/

I don't see anything about satanists in that article. Nor were these accounts especially popular.

Quote:
The social media giant said it took down 35 Facebook accounts, three pages that were followed by a total of 1,600 people and 88 Instagram accounts with 7,200 followers, tied to the Romanian network.
Old 2020-08-08, 11:50   Link #562
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
Do you have a news article about this or did you read it on Facebook?
Heard it on the news on TV. Main national TV station. I just commented on what they said. They might have gotten it slightly wrong. But I would be surprised if they aired half truths.
Old 2020-08-09, 20:02   Link #563
Key Board
Carbon

if you see the word "satanist" that's usually qanon bullshit

Let's just say there are people who believe that everyone in the opposition of the GOP to be baby eating satanists

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-08-09, 23:38   Link #564
Johnny Dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
baby eating satanists
Which would be ridiculous all by itslef, as everyone knows satanists only drink baby blood, they do not eat them. ()
They're just confusing satanists with witches. Not so common mistake, but stupid mistake, all the way down to the core stupid.
Another thing that sets satanists and witches apart is that witches never existed, another uncommon but real stupid mistake.
What existed and probably still exists are shammans, warlocks, medicinemen and all sorts of gurus, but those are never witches, just confused by the real stupid with them. I might have been annoyed at one point, but now I love living in a stupid world, because I can call it stupid.

A world where a fucktard like Trump is liked, and by that I mean in the above unitary units of measurement, like over 1% out of any group! I would expect the tribes of Africa to give him an under unitary popularity vote, just by looking at him speaking for 2 minutes, without any clue of what he's saying! I bet most of Trump's followers still believe "the witches problem eats away at our democracy still and we just can't stamp it out! Trump should make it his top priority! He's been a little negligent of late"! Might I suggest bleach? If COVID fears it... But even more than that, if you fear witches, drink some bleach, it will make you witches free with the bonus of COVID free, guaranteed!

Despite saying that, the common stupidity is lowered by the decade as the human race slowly progresses. I would just think bleach can speed that progress up if properly used, I might agree with Trump there. I even think he would be the ideal choice for president, if he would force all his followers to drink it!

Last edited by Johnny Dy; 2020-08-10 at 00:06.
Old 2020-08-11, 15:53   Link #565
ramlaen

loooooooooooooool he actually picked the person known for putting blacks in jail, simply amazing
Old 2020-08-11, 17:59   Link #566
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramlaen View Post
loooooooooooooool he actually picked the person known for putting blacks in jail, simply amazing
Wow, you are just going there are you. I swear, I will like to tell you what you really are but I am not going down that rabbit hole. But I think she will be a great VP.
Old 2020-08-11, 19:45   Link #567
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Wow, you are just going there are you. I swear, I will like to tell you what you really are but I am not going down that rabbit hole. But I think she will be a great VP.
What do you expect? At this moment in time the only strategy repubs have left is attacking Biden and now Kamala because there is no amount of spinning that can make Donald Trump look like a viable option for anyone with a sound mind.

So expect the attacks to continue ad nausem.

Last edited by mangamuscle; 2020-08-11 at 22:11.
Old 2020-08-11, 19:57   Link #568
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Considering his age and other factors, I get the feeling Biden will die in office, or be declared unfit at some point in his first term.
Old 2020-08-11, 22:11   Link #569
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Considering his age and other factors, I get the feeling Biden will die in office, or be declared unfit at some point in his first term.
IMO, not only should any presidential candidates (or precandidates) disclose their last five tax returns, they should also disclose their medical records for the same time period. You do not be to be old to be have a health condition or be under medication due to mental problems or have a story of substance abuse.

But sadly, long gone are the times when the USA showed the world how to do things right, so this has as good chances as the CDC being allowed to investigate gun violence.
Old 2020-08-11, 22:33   Link #570
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I have no enthusiasm for Harris, who’s basically a NARC at heart and doesn’t have an altruistic bone in her body. But I’ve been resigned to her being chosen and in the end it made no difference who Pop-Pop chose, voting for him was a no-brainer. Anyone over Trump, and any running mate next to him.
Old 2020-08-11, 23:16   Link #571
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Should Biden win this November, he will be the oldest person to be President on his first day in office. He'll be older than Ronald Reagan when he left office in January of 1989.
Old 2020-08-11, 23:41   Link #572
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

The democrats are dumb... I mean really dumb... First, the party had to pick Joe Biden instead of, literally, any other establishment DEM out there who would have the mental capacity to articulate his thoughts. Why go with such a risky candidate? Why pick the weakest establishment dem instead of Pete, Ami or even Booker?

Now to top things off, Biden settles for the dumbest VP choice he can possibly make. Well, it wasn't really Biden's pick but the DNC's. The reality was that Kamala was the anointed one from the very begging of the race. Unfortunately, she ran into Tulsi Gabbard on the debate stage, who exposed her for the crook she really is.

How can the DNC pick the one person who instead of being asset to his campaign is a complete liability with that many skeletons in her closet?

Biden does not bring any enthusiasm, and Kamala has a horrible track record...

How can Trump be so damn lucky? Even though he is a corrupt idiot that has brought ruin to this country and is pooling incredibly low, the DEMS are still happy to give him the weakest possible ticket.

A month ago I would have said that the voters would prefer voting for a broom stick over Trump, but now I am not so sure, looks like the race is going to be very close once again. Trump might be reelected...
Old 2020-08-11, 23:48   Link #573
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I’m no Kamala fan, but for anyone to believe anyone in the National Democratic Party gives the slightest fig what Tulsi Gabbard says is beyond hilarious. She ranks about on a par with Jill Stein and Kanye West.
Old 2020-08-11, 23:54   Link #574
Key Board
Carbon

I'm glad it wasn't Hillary Clinton.

I mean. With the way 2020 was going, you're never sure.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2020-08-12, 00:22   Link #575
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Every damn thing she warned us about in 2016 came to pass but sure, let's keep demonizing her.
Old 2020-08-12, 01:35   Link #576
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I love The Juice Media.
Old 2020-08-12, 01:54   Link #577
AnimeFan188

So. Trump? Biden? Or:

Third party and independent candidates for the 2020 United States presidential election

?
Old 2020-08-12, 02:30   Link #578
McW
Canaan II When?

Why Biden? Me, from an outsider perspective, I see both your REP and DEM party are heavily bureaucratic. Who are on the top remain on the top, similar to Japan. Competent people without money and connections have no realistic chance to get to the top, at least very very fews... so Biden and Trump are the best they can offer.

Anyway am I right about this?
Old 2020-08-12, 06:46   Link #579
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by McW View Post
Why Biden? Me, from an outsider perspective, I see both your REP and DEM party are heavily bureaucratic. Who are on the top remain on the top, similar to Japan. Competent people without money and connections have no realistic chance to get to the top, at least very very fews... so Biden and Trump are the best they can offer.

Anyway am I right about this?
If you're proposition is that there's no meaningful difference between Biden and Trump (or indeed, Democrats and Republicans) then no - you're robustly, spectacularly wrong.
Old 2020-08-12, 07:13   Link #580
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
And so we get the "both sides are the same" argument that irritates the hell out of people... but I'm going to say it's not wrong.

I mean, you ever notice that ALL the candidates who end up in the finals for being President have a ton of $$$ and connections, usually political? How it's never someone from a working-class family that ends up in the position?

As long as we all know money controls politics, no matter what is officially said, then yes, both sides are very much the same.

That said, my current position is something like this: Biden and Harris are definitely NOT going to get much fixed. But, although we all dream of the great leaps and bounds to fix society, you gotta take more realistic baby steps. As long as they can do that, then I'll settle for it.

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Closed Thread