AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-22, 09:50   Link #1
tkdtiger

[Manga] Were Blood Line Limits alway's natural?

were Blood Line Limits alway's natural? I mean when Kakashi tells naruto that a person mold multiple elements, and forms something that doesn't fall into the 5 elements that it could become blood line limit. Does this suggest that bloodline limits were created through many years and prob. passed on, until it eventaully occured naturally? Maybe that's why they don't want other villages studying the Saringan or the Byakugan, because the may discover how to recreate it at it's most basic form. I was also wondering if that is a case then if Naruto creates a jutsu it wouldn't be considered a blood line limit, until it is passed on naturally so Naruto himself could never have a bloodline limit, but a future generation could? okay maybe I'm looking to hard into this...
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 22:49   Link #2
4F0ur

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
were Blood Line Limits alway's natural? I mean when Kakashi tells naruto that a person mold multiple elements, and forms something that doesn't fall into the 5 elements that it could become blood line limit. Does this suggest that bloodline limits were created through many years and prob. passed on, until it eventaully occured naturally? Maybe that's why they don't want other villages studying the Saringan or the Byakugan, because the may discover how to recreate it at it's most basic form. I was also wondering if that is a case then if Naruto creates a jutsu it wouldn't be considered a blood line limit, until it is passed on naturally so Naruto himself could never have a bloodline limit, but a future generation could? okay maybe I'm looking to hard into this...
just because u know 2 elements doesnt mean u can create other bloodline limit
I think..in order for you to create bloodline limits..u need to have the ability of the bloodline limit frist..to create the Bloodline limit
it might be confusing
so lets take a look at yamato
he uses water element and earth element to create the "grass element/life element "
The reason he was able to create this bloodline limit is coz he had shodaime's DNA inside him..
which means he was born to be able to use the grass/life element
just like sharingan and Haku's mirror

credit to necrodeath...
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:12   Link #3
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Send a message via AIM to xTwilightx
The main theory behind it is that it is considered impossible for a normal person to combined 2 types of jutsu, but something in some familys blood makes this a possiblity. SO in effect you can creat a new technique that is a bloodline limit, but only if you are already part of a bloodline with a given combo chakra affinity.
xTwilightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 23:49   Link #4
tkdtiger

hmm interesting
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 01:14   Link #5
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
From the recent chapters i would say they are 2 important factors to having a bloodlimit.

1) Your genes that give you a predisposition to a bloodlimit.
2) The Chakra nature you have.

Some people might have teh gens but the wrong chakra so they might never know they even had a bloodlimit. Other just dotn ahve teh genes but teh chakra wich again they'll never know. Anyway thats just my theory before what Kakashi said. Before to em bloodlimtis were all about genes.
Old 2006-07-23, 01:32   Link #6
Vindi89
Diamond Dust Survivor

I think what Tiger was trying to say was that it all had to start somewhere. Did it first occur naturally or was it maybe learned and then passed down from parent to child in the distant past.

Or mebe one day genetic mutations happened and we got people with bloodline limits. Who knows.
Vindi89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 01:47   Link #7
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Just wondering, but Kakashi said Yamato had a bloodline limit and thats why he is able to use wood! But how come Sarutobi could use it aswell?
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 02:31   Link #8
Ddadain
Autumn winds are good~

Sarutobi cannot use the "wood creation" jutsu. That jutsu was only the 1st. The reason why Yama could use it is because he has the "genes" (he was a ginuea pig of Oro) of the 1st.

This in fact gives support that affinities towards a certain skill, let's say a bloodline limit skill , has to do with your genes. You can't FAKE bloodline limits since you need to have the genes of having a natural affinity to 2 or more elements.

Naruto has the affinity to the wind element. We are still in the dark whether he has another inate affinity from his parents. Keeping in mind that genetic traits can express themselves quite late in adolescence.

As for the Sharingans affinity... It's quite a mysterious bloodline limit. My guess would be Fire + Darkness kind of chakra ^^ Since it being cursed and all that...

Byakugan = Wind + Fire
Water Manipulation = Water + Ice
Bone-thingy = Earth + Metal/Darkness

But these are just my guesses...
Ddadain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 04:43   Link #9
Fishbait

So the original post is saying that...once upon a time...all ninjas are the same, then some started developing some stuff and some new abilities they learned became genetic....

So it's kind like evolution, where physical traits they gained that allow them to survive were passed on to their offsprings.

A pretty good speculation I think.

Also, some Bloodlines are obviously just physical and not elemental. Like an extra arm or an extra pair of ears on a regular person. Haku and Yamato were used as examples simply because their bloodline has to do with elements, and since Naruto was doing element training, they were appropriate to be brought up.
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:50   Link #10
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddadain
Sarutobi cannot use the "wood creation" jutsu. That jutsu was only the 1st. The reason why Yama could use it is because he has the "genes" (he was a ginuea pig of Oro) of the 1st.
Nevermid, just remembered it wrong!
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 09:56   Link #11
xTwilightx
Lord Platypus

Send a message via AIM to xTwilightx
0.o` chill out with ur affinitys. There are only Earth, Fire, wind, water, lightning, and then there is yin/yang(dark/light)
xTwilightx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 21:31   Link #12
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Actually sarutobi combined water and earth. But instead of making 'wood' like yammato and shodaime, he made mud.

In essence only someone with a bloodlimit can make a 'new' element out of existing elements. As kakashi explained, people with blood limits generally have genetic mutations (like Neji, or Kimmimaro). He also said that jounin can generally use 2 different elements, (and that he couldn't combine them like yammato or Haku). If that were the case then Sanin, and Hokage could be expected to be able to use 3 or 4.

With a total of 5, the combinations add up to about 25 total, if you can even combine the combinations. And 15 if you can't. (not to mention light and dark)
Kotengu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 21:46   Link #13
4F0ur

Quote:
Originally Posted by xTwilightx
0.o` chill out with ur affinitys. There are only Earth, Fire, wind, water, lightning, and then there is yin/yang(dark/light)
woo
the curse seal chakra might be consider as Yin...Dark
this just popped up in my head =p

so Sasuke now has fireyin and lightingYin chakra?? =p

anything other than curse seal.. we can call them yang

woo...i think this is kinda cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddadain

This in fact gives support that affinities towards a certain skill, let's say a bloodline limit skill , has to do with your genes. You can't FAKE bloodline limits since you need to have the genes of having a natural affinity to 2 or more elements.

Naruto has the affinity to the wind element. We are still in the dark whether he has another inate affinity from his parents. Keeping in mind that genetic traits can express themselves quite late in adolescence.

As for the Sharingans affinity... It's quite a mysterious bloodline limit. My guess would be Fire + Darkness kind of chakra ^^ Since it being cursed and all that...

Byakugan = Wind + Fire
Water Manipulation = Water + Ice
Bone-thingy = Earth + Metal/Darkness

But these are just my guesses...
dude not all bloodline limits are from 2 combined elements

credit to necrodeath...

Last edited by 4F0ur; 2006-07-23 at 22:07.
4F0ur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-23, 22:09   Link #14
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Also I did some research and found that the original japanese elements were:
Chi-Earth
Su-Water
Ka-Fire
Fu-Wind
Ku-Void

But void was basically the sky/heaven. and represented spontinaety, and energy. Kishi must have thought lighting was more interesting .

I'm also gonna speculate on some combos

EDIT: Raikage also posted this in more detail in my other thread about elements

Last edited by Kotengu; 2006-07-23 at 22:37.
Old 2006-07-23, 22:19   Link #15
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4F0ur
dude not all bloodline limits are from 2 combined elements
I agree. We shouldn't get too carried away with the new information so that we forget the old stuff too. The Byakugan, and sharingan obviously arent elemental jutsus. When it was said that Sharingan useres had an 'afinity' toward fire, they didn't say it was BECAUSE of sharingan. It could just run in families or clans. Pluss Sasuke's wasn't set in stone(as his lightning affinity was illuded to by naruto). A person's affininty is probably just a guideline as to the chakra type they can most easily manipulate/relate to.

Affinity is defined as: A natural attraction, An inherent similarity between persons or things. NOT an automatic inclusion or obvious connection.
And Example of this would be Lee. He probably has an elemental afinity, but that doesn't mean he can use it. . .