AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 09:21   Link #201
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
Sooo....who wants to kill Joffery right about now?
I say he needs another golden crown. One custom made by Drogo.

I had been spoiled about Ned dying in episode 9 before I even started the series, but I thought he'd die because he refused to do something that would go against his honor. Instead, he gave up his honor to save his daughters and did everything that was asked of him (Snow was wrong) - only for that little inbred brat Joffrey to execute him and have the "last word", so to speak. Raged HARD! Even his mother (whom I thought was one of the most evil character in the show until now) was shocked by her son's decision. At least it looks like he'll hold up part of the end of his bargain, which is to let Ned's daughter live... or will he? I think he'll keep Sansa as his wife, but I wouldn't be surprised if he intends to have Arya killed.
Old 2011-06-13, 13:39   Link #202
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

By the end of the series I hope to see Joffery's head on a stick.
Old 2011-06-13, 14:05   Link #203
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
By the end of the series I hope to see Joffery's head on a stick.
That is to dignified a way for him to die. Joffery needs to die in an unseemly or stupid manner: falling down the stairs after tripping on a rug; contracting a venereal disease/infection after bedding one of Littlefinger's unclean whores; accidentally slitting his own throat as he attempts to shave. Etc. Whatever his death, it needs to be shameful, cowardly, and stupid...just like Joffery.

(Note to fans of the books, I do not wish to know if Joffery actually dies. I do not know, and I am comfortable with my ignorance...at least until I get around to reading the other books in the series...)
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 14:11   Link #204
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander

For those that are really pissed off about what happen in last night's episode here's something to ease your anger.

P.S. I hope they tear Joffrey a new asshole.That little prick !!

Old 2011-06-13, 15:18   Link #205
Xagzan

^ Chicken soup for the soul, man
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 16:32   Link #206
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Are there any news on when the series will be released on DVD? I don't have HBO so I didnt have the chance to watch this live, but as a fan of the book series I'll probably buy this the moment its out.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 17:23   Link #207
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

A Good Man's Fate:

Wow - that was pretty powerful stuff right there.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 17:24   Link #208
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I don't believe there is a release date yet, but there has already been talks of it hitting stores early so I don't think you'll wait for long.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
What was that boy thinking?!
He wasn't. I fail to see the logic or the gain in Ned's death. The idiot made an enemy out of the entirety of the North now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
He has the Lannisters, and they are worth 3 of any of the Houses...
That's not exactly reassuring, since there will be 2 houses going after him now (Renly/Highgarden alliance, Robb and the collective forces of the North) and then you have Daenerys ...

Doesn't look good for little Joff now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Anyway, a really powerful episode, with excellent pacing and good direction. Also on a side-note, I like the limited budget, because it forces the staff to focus on characters and emotions, instead of flashy, but pointless battles.
I honestly like it like this since Martin's battles are usually quite prolonged and they cost a lot to make (he even joked on his blog that the author made the battle too expensive and big so it couldn't be filmed which is why he made the series into a book epic in the first place, so he wouldn't find restrains on what to do in his books.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I say he needs another golden crown. One custom made by Drogo.
I say he just need a bit of a Grey Wind to knock him over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I had been spoiled about Ned dying in episode 9 before I even started the series, but I thought he'd die because he refused to do something that would go against his honor. Instead, he gave up his honor to save his daughters and did everything that was asked of him (Snow was wrong) - only for that little inbred brat Joffrey to execute him and have the "last word", so to speak. Raged HARD! Even his mother (whom I thought was one of the most evil character in the show until now) was shocked by her son's decision. At least it looks like he'll hold up part of the end of his bargain, which is to let Ned's daughter live... or will he? I think he'll keep Sansa as his wife, but I wouldn't be surprised if he intends to have Arya killed.
The books were much worse. at least here he had the chance to save one daughter in his final moments.

And I don't think Snow was wrong, Ned tried to do the right thing, even at the last moment, as a father at least.

Cersei is an interesting case, to say the least. She wants her son to rule, but even she understood that what he had done was wrong. It's not much to do with betraying the deal but more to do with how now the North will rise in anger how their lord had been executed.

As for Sansa ... will she continue to love Joff, after killing her father with a paid executioner no less? Then again, love doesn't play much of a factor at this game, does it?

Oh and for the folks who are talking about Joff's death, I wont say anything at all. But I will say I want to see more of this
Spoiler for :
Old 2011-06-13, 21:17   Link #209
Tom Bombadil

Found the following comment hilarious

Spoiler for ep9:
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 21:40   Link #210
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

W...

T...

F...?

Finished the ep a few moments ago and I feel like I just finished watching an episode of Zeta Gundam or something...

I have to collect my thoughts...I have to get my head straight before commenting further...

[/WTF]
Old 2011-06-13, 22:29   Link #211
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This universe is not all kind to honest men and horses...
Old 2011-06-14, 00:41   Link #212
TigerII
Pilot in Training

People, it is just beginning. The entire first book(ie this season) is nothing but a set up.

I can't wait until next season. It becomes one giant clusterfuck, with even more blindsides than this episode.

[snip]

Last edited by james0246; 2011-06-14 at 01:12. Reason: please, no spoilers.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:07   Link #213
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Just watched the first ep last night. Looks like it's gonna be a pretty intriguing story, a classic plot of deception and intrigue to force their way to power. But this is only the tip of the iceberg when you have ice creatures capable of Necromancy. I like it
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 03:33   Link #214
Stealther

Indeed, I remember following books were better. Ned's death really put the story into avalanche-mode. I didn't react that much about the death though, having read the books. I guess I already had my reaction back then...

On another note no battle on screen, and no wolf action. As suspected I guess...

I have to commend the actor for Joffrey though. Besides of Viserys, he's one of the character that nailed his role the best. Just the smug, spoiled brat I know him from the books. I don't really see him as evil though, as you portrayed him in your review. He, still being a kid, just doesn't realizes the consequences, being brought up in that kind of protected environment. He doesn't know how the real world works. Cersei reacts the way she does because she knows the consequences, not that she wanted mercy for Ned.

Last edited by Stealther; 2011-06-14 at 03:55.
Stealther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 05:19   Link #215
Kallen4life

1) so Khal's horde don't use medicine or clean their wounds ? it's a wonder half of them aren't falling dead .. or was that weapon that poisoned Drogo poisoned or something else ?

2) Robb with his 18000 + the bridge guys that his mother negotiated took out Jaime's 30000 ? and they still have some left ?
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 06:11   Link #216
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Not a novel reader, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
1) so Khal's horde don't use medicine or clean their wounds ? it's a wonder half of them aren't falling dead .. or was that weapon that poisoned Drogo poisoned or something else ?
Wounds do not get infected so easily, as some people think.

Quote:
2) Robb with his 18000 + the bridge guys that his mother negotiated took out Jaime's 30000 ? and they still have some left ?
Jaime's army has already engaged in battles for days, therefore fatigued, in addition to spread across several fronts, raids, sieges, etc. While the Stark army was organized, prepared, at its full force, and could choose where to engage.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-14, 10:27   Link #217
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:

Jaime was captured but how badly his army was defeated and the price
that Robb's army paid for the victory was not shown. I assume that the next episode "might" include the details of battle in its script so I won't directly answer this yet.

also, Drogo's horde has healers but it is possible that some wounds are beyond their skill.
Old 2011-06-14, 12:01   Link #218
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

My assumption wasn't that Robb's army defeated Jaime's much larger one, but that they captured Jaime in a sort of commando raid.
Old 2011-06-14, 12:18   Link #219
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
My assumption wasn't that Robb's army defeated Jaime's much larger one, but that they captured Jaime in a sort of commando raid.
This is what i think as well. The problem is sacrificing 2,000 men just to capture a target might not quite a victory. So if it's a commando raid, Jemmy's capture probably will lead to the downfall of his army
Old 2011-06-14, 12:22   Link #220
Kallen4life

medieval commando raid ? on horses ? in the middle of the 30000 enemy base camp ? steal Jaime Lannister, who killed 10 men in the process ? feel the subtlety ^^

hmm, I guess we'll have more clarification next ep
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo