AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-03-08, 20:17   Link #1261
gordol
Banned

FA Unicorn won't appear at all in the OVA, since MG model descriptions confirm this. We'll get either something new or nothing at all...
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 21:27   Link #1262
bio9205
Reborn

Unrelated to Episode 5, but GundamInfo has Episode 1 of Unicorn up on Youtube. Hopefully this means we'll see future episodes as well, including Episode 5!
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 00:39   Link #1263
casval cehack

Even with the understandable 2 year delay, this is great news.
Old 2012-03-18, 01:29   Link #1264
kakakka

It's region locked btw. NA can't view it.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:43   Link #1265
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Hilarious given that we're the ones that subbed it LOL
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 01:57   Link #1266
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I never understood the point of subbing a show and then locking out the biggest group that'd appreciate the subbing. Just screams of xenophobia to me.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:23   Link #1267
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I never understood the point of subbing a show and then locking out the biggest group that'd appreciate the subbing. Just screams of xenophobia to me.
It's just in the best interest of profit. DVDs and BDs of Unicorn Ep.1 are still out in the NA market.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 02:27   Link #1268
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Sure, that works for Unicorn--what about AGE? That's also getting subbed in english officially from the start, but they then prevent it from being viewed by the largest english-understanding market for it.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:30   Link #1269
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Sure, that works for Unicorn--what about AGE? That's also getting subbed in english officially from the start, but they then prevent it from being viewed by the largest english-understanding market for it.
The only logical explanation is that they have plans to release it in the NA market sometime in the future.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:19   Link #1270
bio9205
Reborn

To be fair, a large number of people from SEA are English-speaking. It'd make more sense than if they subbed it in some dialect.
Old 2012-03-18, 05:55   Link #1271
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

In terms of Gundam as an animated series, Bandai had never expressed any interest in the markets of SEA.

There was never an official release directly from them of any Gundam anime in any format for the SEA market, not SEED nor OO and certainly AGE. Any physical media out there are either pirated or imported by 3rd parties.

What interest Bandai had of the SEA market is only in the area of the amount of Gunpla they can dump and sell. Giving out free viewing of AGE online is just a bait in order to sell their toys.

Last edited by MakubeX2; 2012-03-18 at 08:04.
Old 2012-03-18, 08:03   Link #1272
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In terms of Gundam as an animated series, Bandai had never expressed any interest in the markets of SEA.

There was never an official release directly from them of any Gundam anime in any format for the SEA market, not SEED nor OO and certainly AGE. Any physical media out there are either pirated or imported by 3rd parties.

What interest Bandai had of the SEA market is only in the area of the amount of Gunpla they can dump and sell. Giving out free viewing of AGE online is just a bait in order to see their toys.
Yup. There's massive amounts of promotion for Gunpla here in Singapore, you can find them anywhere. Was in a department store a couple days back and saw a huge poster advertising the AGE episodes on GundamInfo. Seems they have to rely on the free Youtube vids to generate interest, we haven't had a Gundam series air on local television since SEED/Destiny.
Old 2012-03-18, 08:55   Link #1273
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Yup. There's massive amounts of promotion for Gunpla here in Singapore, you can find them anywhere. Was in a department store a couple days back and saw a huge poster advertising the AGE episodes on GundamInfo. Seems they have to rely on the free Youtube vids to generate interest, we haven't had a Gundam series air on local television since SEED/Destiny.
Er, wasn't the first season of Gundam 00 aired on some channel a year or two back?

But herein lies the problem, which I believe is reminiscent of the problem in Japan, few bothers about Gundam AGE even if Bandai puts up tons of resources to advertise it. A few days back, I was at plaza sing and most teens and kids were interested in dragonnest than AGE. I find it pathetic too that the take-up rate for the AGE builder machine was no where near observable.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 09:04   Link #1274
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Er, wasn't the first season of Gundam 00 aired on some channel a year or two back?

But herein lies the problem, which I believe is reminiscent of the problem in Japan, few bothers about Gundam AGE even if Bandai puts up tons of resources to advertise it. A few days back, I was at plaza sing and most teens and kids were interested in dragonnest than AGE. I find it pathetic too that the take-up rate for the AGE builder machine was no where near observable.
It was, but as a late night show...
Near midnight = =
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 00:06   Link #1275
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Oh, thanks for the impactful reminder. And I remember that late night was reserved for teenage-suitable anime shows. Bleh, so Gundam 00 was regarded by Singapore censors as unsuitable for young kids/more suitable for teens. And teens in Singapore are effectively full time students, so...which twerp would watch the show? And they aired it like 2 years after its release, weekly. Which kid would be patient enough to wait for its weekly showcase? They should just substitute kamen rider or Ben ten with Gundam 00, and at the prime time 6pm slot when kids have all dutifully finished their work and probably waiting for their dinner.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 04:08   Link #1276
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RES-01 Perses Gundam View Post
Oh, thanks for the impactful reminder. And I remember that late night was reserved for teenage-suitable anime shows. Bleh, so Gundam 00 was regarded by Singapore censors as unsuitable for young kids/more suitable for teens. And teens in Singapore are effectively full time students, so...which twerp would watch the show? And they aired it like 2 years after its release, weekly. Which kid would be patient enough to wait for its weekly showcase? They should just substitute kamen rider or Ben ten with Gundam 00, and at the prime time 6pm slot when kids have all dutifully finished their work and probably waiting for their dinner.
I agree. I remember as a kid SEED and Destiny were as popular as Beyblade and other anime. No idea why they stopped airing Gundam shows, especially if they're promoting kits at such a large scale.

Anyway, back on-topic - about time we get a trailer for episode 5, hmm?
Old 2012-03-20, 20:42   Link #1277
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
I agree. I remember as a kid SEED and Destiny were as popular as Beyblade and other anime. No idea why they stopped airing Gundam shows, especially if they're promoting kits at such a large scale.
To put things simply, the distributor and rights holders for Gundam Animation (Sunrise Productions to be precise) in this particular part of the world pulled a certain stunt back in 2007/08 to protect their interest which offened their customer base to no end. Things had not been the same since.

Their last action was to sercure rights to air and distribute OO first season as well as the movie.
Old 2012-03-21, 01:46   Link #1278
PzIVf3

Spoiler for Another Banshee screenshot:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 01:44   Link #1279
konart

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/inte...c-no.5-opening

Quote:
The official website for the anime studio Sunrise has announced that the theme song for the fifth volume of Mobile Suit Gundam UC, "Kuroi Unicorn" (Black Unicorn), will be performed by J-Rock electronic duo Boom Boom Satellites. The song, titled "Broken Mirror," will be a newly-written song inspired by the story of the episode. According to the release, it will also be the first English-language Mobile Suit Gundam UC theme song.

The Boom Boom Satellites include bassist and programmer Masayuki Nakano, with guitarist and vocalist Michiyuki Kawashima. The duo first debuted in Europe in 1997. The group has created music for anime projects such as Appleseed and Vexille - 2077 Isolation of Japan. They also performed a theme song for Xam'd: Lost Memories and performed at the 2010 New York Anime Festival.
Old 2012-03-22, 03:07   Link #1280
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
English language theme song....reminds me of Persona 4 the animation theme songs for the OP, Sky the limit & Key Plus Words
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote