AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 12 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 23.81%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 14.29%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-09, 22:41   Link #21
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
While Kanata and Haruka was reconciling and finally achieved the happiness that they had dreamt of, Mio using her power of delusions actually went of to brutalize the evil "family" by sending them into a hell in which they are repeatedly spanked with leather belts, force fed Haruka's cooking, pummeled with thumbtacks and marbles, and thrown like rag dolls over and over again until the end of time.

On another note, I love your avatar and signature! Kino no Tabi is just great!
I love your imagination, no joke . But suddenly missing one person in Riki's circle of friends in such an anime that emphasizes Power of Friendship feels odd to me. Not to mention that Mio's solitude problem is supposedly settled already. I guess this may become a plot point later.

Btw, thank you. I'm a fan of Kino no Tabi (both anime and novels). I'm happy that somebody know it and enjoy it.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
Old 2013-02-09, 22:53   Link #22
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
The song that plays during the reconciliation is really really good. I don't think we've heard it before in the other arc resolutions. Anyone able to give me a name of the track? Edit: I think I found it. The song seems to be "Faraway"
Which, untranslated, is exactly Haruka Kanata. I agree that it was used really well there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enternal View Post
While Kanata and Haruka was reconciling and finally achieved the happiness that they had dreamt of, Mio using her power of delusions actually went of to brutalize the evil "family" by sending them into a hell in which they are repeatedly spanked with leather belts, force fed Haruka's cooking, pummeled with thumbtacks and marbles, and thrown like rag dolls over and over again until the end of time.
Needs an OVA.
Old 2013-02-09, 23:49   Link #23
Yye1
Wide Right

Wow, probably the most emotional of LB episodes so far

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-02-10, 00:10   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
If you found this episode lovely and heartwarming, then turn back now. I don't want to risk detracting from your enjoyment of it. And I can understand why some would find it lovely, heartwarming, and enjoyable.

But honestly, I wasn't fond of this episode. Some reasons why in the spoiler space below.

Spoiler for My issues with this arc's conclussion:

Last edited by Triple_R; 2013-02-10 at 00:24.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:31   Link #25
Enternal

Spoiler:

Due to time constraints and such, it's too bad they could not stretch this out a bit more since they could have put more in. If you really curious, you could specifically read the game discussion threads page 57 and 58 which explains in depth more about the situation. That's the reason why "damn that crappy disgusting family" since they know how close these two are and actually went and make sure that their ties are completely broken by lying to Haruka, threaten Kanata using Kanta, and other bull.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyKitty View Post
I love your imagination, no joke .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
Needs an OVA.
Doujin. Heh.

Last edited by Enternal; 2013-02-10 at 01:03.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:40   Link #26
Yye1
Wide Right

^ sad that they cut out some stuff from the routes, but overall, i like wat they've done with the anime. Overall, I think Haruka's arc is the strongest, and with it done, Im looking forward to Refrain

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Old 2013-02-10, 00:47   Link #27
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

That was really a good episode. It's been a while where an entire episode made my jaw dropped. I definitely love this arc.

Even though i still think that the VN is still superior but that's okay.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:47   Link #28
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yye1 View Post
^ sad that they cut out some stuff from the routes, but overall, i like wat they've done with the anime. Overall, I think Haruka's arc is the strongest, and with it done, Im looking forward to Refrain
Yeah it's always sad when they cut things out. But yeah this so far is an awesome arc! Also I don't know about others so far but... I ended up liking Kanata a lot and as of lately just end up downloading a lot of Kanata's art and such hahaha. She's amazing for being someone who does something that greatly hurts her yet still continues to it for the sake of her precious ones when in fact, she is the one that needs to be saved from that predicament. That's why she talks so easily with Riki. That's her sign that she wants help and to her, Riki seems to be the one who could do something.

"There are no evil people in the world."
Oh this is very true. In this world, there's no one that's actually evil. The problem however is that the family is not really people. They are in fact evil scums that take the form of humans. @ Triple_R Problem solved. Heh.

Last edited by Enternal; 2013-02-10 at 01:32.
Old 2013-02-10, 00:49   Link #29
Zankoku12

They don't really cut those stuffs from Haruka's route since it was only revealed in Kanata's.
They need to save those revelation for Kanata's arc otherwise what is the point for her arc lol
We should wait for Kanata's arc (if there will be one)for full explanation in background story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Spoiler for My issues with this arc's conclussion:

1)Minor details...

2)It's the same in the VN,we need some sad girls in rain to rival sad girls in snow and all.

3)I hope this show teach people not to believe in everything they saw.
Old 2013-02-10, 01:30   Link #30
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

With the family being so powerful and aggressive and controlling of everything, I'm surprised the sisters came out alive or without any physical damages or anything of that sort when they decided to tell the family they are over with them.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-02-10, 01:58   Link #31
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering they were both leaving the family, it was a moot point already--they were disowned, and their parents as a whole were also probably disowned long before then. The physical damages came because they were in the family; now they are not.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:43   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme Oshino, Bakemonogatari Episode 1
"Save you? I can't do that. You're the one who can save yourself, young lady."
It was probably a good thing that Riki had little participation to the resolution of the problem between Haruka and Kanata. The presence of a "paragon of justice" like Riki would only intensify the hate the two girls possess, and he may even contribute to the two being devoured by said hate. The only way for the two to take away this hate is by confronting the problem head on with each other. (Loving a person through hate is truly a painful thing.)

This episode also reveals how disgusted I am with this extreme of Japanese culture involving traditional families and maintenance of bloodlines. They will do whatever it takes for the "purity of the bloodline" to be preserved, and they are willing to abandon their humanity for that purpose. It was the best decision for the last of the Saigusas and the Futakis to abandon them once and for all.

By the way, since Futaki is not present in the opening credits, is it safe to assume that she will not join the Little Busters?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:48   Link #33
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It was probably a good thing that Riki had little participation to the resolution of the problem between Haruka and Kanata. The presence of a "paragon of justice" like Riki would only intensify the hate the two girls possess, and he may even contribute to the two being devoured by said hate. The only way for the two to take away this hate is by confronting the problem head on with each other. (Loving a person through hate is truly a painful thing.)

This episode also reveals how disgusted I am with this extreme of Japanese culture involving traditional families and maintenance of bloodlines. They will do whatever it takes for the "purity of the bloodline" to be preserved, and they are willing to abandon their humanity for that purpose. It was the best decision for the last of the Saigusas and the Futakis to abandon them once and for all.

By the way, since Futaki is not present in the opening credits, is it safe to assume that she will not join the Little Busters?
Yeah. However I think that you could say that what Riki did was jumpstart the "saving" situation. The rest of the way was walked by Haruka and Kanata. So he played minimal row but he did give them a starting point.

Just to let you know but the whole maintenance of bloodlines is not exclusive to the Japanese. It's prevalent everywhere in the world. It's just that you normally see this topic in Japanese anime because... it's a Japanese anime lol.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:53   Link #34
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Quote:
Yeah, she won't. But it would be awesome if she did though.
Old 2013-02-10, 03:56   Link #35
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Yeah. However I think that you could say that what Riki did was jumpstart the "saving" situation. The rest of the way was walked by Haruka and Kanata. So he played minimal row but he did give them a starting point.
I agree, but I forgot to write it. But his greatest role in the resolution is noticing that there is a problem and it should be resolved.

Quote:
Just to let you know but the whole maintenance of bloodlines is not exclusive to the Japanese. It's prevalent everywhere in the world. It's just that you normally see this topic in Japanese anime because... it's a Japanese anime lol.
Touche.

Quote:
Yeah, she won't. But it would be awesome if she did though.
The interactions between the twins does look interesting, but personality-wise, Anego-sama () and Kanata seem to have similar personalities, although Kanata doesn't seem to have Anego's playfulness.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2013-02-10, 04:04   Link #36
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I feel really bad for the dad who was accused of murder, his life was pretty much wasted from going to prison. And for doing something that I bet all of us want to do, which is getting rid of that no-good child-abusing family. He just did it in a dumb way. And how did that family end up getting the girls after all that and to have lived with them for so long? One of those parents should have called child-abuse for pete-sakes. The one in prison should have been going mad, someone should have heard him. The guards, any visitors, it is just such a sad and ugly story that this could have happened to the girls. All three wanted to save them and knew how evil that family was, how they didn't; That's the biggest plot-hole for me.

After hearing his story, If I were one of the girls, I think I'd want to hear if I was his daughter because I'd actually prefer to be the daughter of the "murderer". Because at least he had the guts to stand up to that family, I'd have a stronger bond with him just for that.

<3 Kanata. Kind of ironic, in addition to being the most talented and/or hard-working she's also the most loyal and moral after all... It's Harukas route but I thought Kanata stole the show. Actually I don't think I got a very good feel of Haruka's character from these three episodes, well, at least outside of she likes throwing tantrums. So much of the route just seemed to be the drama and her throwing tantrums. Komari got her time on the lake and on the roof star-gazing, Haruka didn't get anything except the bare minimum that would satisfy the plot? I thought the best thing about LB was the characters, but J.C. isn't doing much to show off how moe they are.

Still, I thought the drama made this episode the best of the anime so far, although some of the acting and developments came across a little lame. Also really really way too many plotholes in this anime version of the arc, I really tried hard to forget about her arc from the VN, but I think I need to re-read it, at least now I have visualizations from the anime to help during some parts.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:08   Link #37
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThereminVox View Post
Spoiler for Random Kud speculah:
Spoiler for No spoilers, just a simple reply:
Old 2013-02-10, 04:09   Link #38
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I feel really bad for the dad who was accused of murder, his life was pretty much wasted from going to prison. And for doing something that I'll bet all of us want to do, which is getting rid of that no-good child-abusing family. He just did it in a dumb way. And how did that family end up getting the girls after all and to have lived with them for so long? One of those parents should have called child-abuse for pete-sakes. The one in prison should have been going mad, someone should have heard him. The guards, any visitors, it is just such a sad and ugly story that this could have happened to the girls. All three wanted to save them and knew how evil that family was, how they didn't; that's the biggest plot-hole for me.
I think this would cover some info about Japanese culture. Due to the typical Japanese tendency to avoid shame, even if it comes at the price of an evil deed done with impunity, some people would just resort to keeping mum about it (especially with train groper incidents) instead of reporting it to the authorities.

You now realize that a reason why there is a low crime rate in Japan is probably due to a high number of unreported cases.

Old 2013-02-10, 04:19   Link #39
Zankoku12

Is having 2 husbands even legal in Japan to begin with ?
If they reported child abuse,then polices found out about their sick tradition(but I doubt it since I think the family have enough money and power to hide it given how long they have hidden their secret from outsiders),wouldn't the mother and fathers in trouble as well ? lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicflier View Post
Spoiler for No spoilers, just a simple reply:
There're Kud reading book about space in the last episode ~

Quote:
The interactions between the twins does look interesting, but personality-wise, Anego-sama () and Kanata seem to have similar personalities, although Kanata doesn't seem to have Anego's playfulness.
Twins in anime are always the absolute opposite with each other.If Haruka already playful then Kanata need to be calm and cool if Kanata is like Haruka then the world will turn upside down and exploded.
Old 2013-02-10, 04:22   Link #40
Magicflier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zankoku12 View Post
Spoiler:
That's what i meant by unnoticeable ~
Closed Thread