AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-07, 16:47   Link #41
saravis

I really enjoyed this episode despite Ishida's major power level inconsistencies. Concerning why he didn't use the arrow to kill, perhaps the arrow was on an atomic level and if he tried to shoot Kariya the blast would kill everyone in a very large radius, basically defeating the purpose of absorbing it to save Ran'tao. That's the only reason I could think of.
Old 2006-12-07, 17:44   Link #42
Nuzzles

Eh, I hated this episode. Not only did he not fire that arrow at Kariya, he was too busy fucking around while Kariya was healing, when he could've just finished him off. Gah, he pissed me off.

Best part of the episode was seeing Kariya get his scar. >_<z
Old 2006-12-07, 18:39   Link #43
lommm
l'homme de lommm

okay, to clarify, i didn't think it actually was an SOS, i only thought that's what it looked like... seriously, Ishida and Ran-Tao's reiatsus should be more than enough for everyone to know where they are

i think he just shot it in the air cuz he's not the main character... he's really only number 4 or 5... ichigo and rukia being the main characters (even if rukia hasn't had a lot to do in this arc)

basically ishida=annoying, so he can't kill kariya cuz we have to see ichigo do it (probably by being taken over by vichigo and then fighting it)
Old 2006-12-07, 18:46   Link #44
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by saravis View Post
I really enjoyed this episode despite Ishida's major power level inconsistencies. Concerning why he didn't use the arrow to kill, perhaps the arrow was on an atomic level and if he tried to shoot Kariya the blast would kill everyone in a very large radius, basically defeating the purpose of absorbing it to save Ran'tao. That's the only reason I could think of.
Or maybe he couldn't control where he fired it BECAUSE it was too big...?
Old 2006-12-07, 19:05   Link #45
DrewGSR

wow that was pretty useless episode, it was obvious that Ishida wasn't going to do anything, he was all of a suddenly hax and started pwning at the beginning of the fight but end up getting his ass handed to him and we all knew that Ichigo was going to arrive at the end to save the day; plus he would be the person to end it with Kariya.

Man, I'm going to be so bummed and disappointed if their is going to be a new "filler arc" with the new chick in the OP animation. Seriously, the last legit episode was episode 62 where they showed Aizen and company all leave soul society with the hollows. So its been about 44 episode of useless fillers, thats almost a year and were going to have more. Good to see that they are taking a page out of the Naruto creators/producers....
Old 2006-12-07, 19:27   Link #46
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR View Post
Man, I'm going to be so bummed and disappointed if their is going to be a new "filler arc" with the new chick in the OP animation. Seriously, the last legit episode was episode 62 where they showed Aizen and company all leave soul society with the hollows. So its been about 44 episode of useless fillers, thats almost a year and were going to have more. Good to see that they are taking a page out of the Naruto creators/producers....
Just because you don't like the filler don't mean you have to trat it like it's worthless garbage.

And I for one would love a whole arc with Senna in it. Especially with movie-quality animation.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-12-08 at 01:56. Reason: Bad language. Warning issued.
Old 2006-12-07, 19:43   Link #47
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewGSR View Post
If there is more fillers ahead then that can only mean Kubo needs more time to resolve his current story in the manga. I really hope he takes as much time as he needs to make the story at least as presentable as his past arc which ended brilliantly. Of course, from the producers' standpoint, they want Bleach to continue while Kubo is endeavoring for his new arc. It's either filler, or wait for Kubo to finish and miss out on the revenue that is generated by just having any version of Bleach on TV. Hence, filler is the necessary evil.

Dling the episode to see who are these new characters in the OP.
Old 2006-12-07, 19:57   Link #48
OMG_Zerg_Rush

I found it funny during the preview when Kon found out that the tea lady he had been staying with was a guy.
________
Hero Karizma R

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:46.
Old 2006-12-07, 20:01   Link #49
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
This message is hidden because monir is on your ignore list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
I found it funny during the preview when Kon found out that the tea lady he had been staying with was a guy.
Yeah, Kon gets screwed over constantly.

At least he has that spiffy Quincy cross from now on (saw it in the ED too)
Old 2006-12-07, 20:14   Link #50
lommm
l'homme de lommm

hey, when i saw the "shinigami cup *boink* ouch" this week, it suddenly occurred to me... WHO'S IN ICHIGO'S BODY? sandal hat can't just leave it lying around, can he? he has to put a mod soul in it i thought.
Old 2006-12-07, 20:26   Link #51
Nuzzles

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
okay, to clarify, i didn't think it actually was an SOS, i only thought that's what it looked like... seriously, Ishida and Ran-Tao's reiatsus should be more than enough for everyone to know where they are
Actually, Ishida doesn't have a reiatsu.

But an even bigger complaint I have, that I didn't mention before is because I was perhaps a bit too riled up about Ishida, is that Kariya hasn't shown any notable power increase from his Ultimate Power. Ran'Tao said she was borrowing that J-whatever power temporarily. If Kariya is linked this way with it, but is able to take it at his leisure, then it's just a power reserve. A farm will usually have big water tanks at the end of the property, say someone wanted to, you know, stop their water system, what would they likely do? Blow up those tanks, maybe?
Old 2006-12-07, 22:18   Link #52
supersmooth11111

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptileex View Post
Its not filler, its just a sidestory.
ok....But that's like saying.....

"That car is not four wheels drive, it's all wheel drive."
Old 2006-12-07, 22:56   Link #53
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmooth11111 View Post
ok....But that's like saying.....

"That car is not four wheels drive, it's all wheel drive."
Fillers aren't side stories. They're the main plot at that time(not the overall plot, mind you). The Kon scenes in this arc would count as the current "side story".

And movies aren't "filling"(adding more original episodes so the manga can catch up) anything.
Old 2006-12-07, 23:26   Link #54
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

I thought kon had the quincy thingy on the back of his head all the time o.O or maybe its just my memory. Kon hasnt been appearing much recently, rofl. Fillers are called fillers coz the animators need time to space out manga and anime. yawn.
Old 2006-12-08, 00:06   Link #55
michaelman90

I also joined in with the people who went online to find out what was up with the OP before I watched even a second of the episode. Anyway, I suppose I might have to agree with the assumption that Ishida's arrow was yellow because of radioactivity and shooting it in a trajectory that could cause it to explode close over Seireitei would cause mass destruction, hence the fact that he shot it straight up. I must also agree that if no one noticed the fighting before the arrow then people really need to catch up...I can't wait for this arc to end when Ishida's power doesn't fluctuate more than politics. Oh well, pretty good compared to recent ones. Animation was a little better,too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
hey, when i saw the "shinigami cup *boink* ouch" this week, it suddenly occurred to me... WHO'S IN ICHIGO'S BODY? sandal hat can't just leave it lying around, can he? he has to put a mod soul in it i thought.
The gate they passed through converts physical matter into spirit matter, making it so that everyone could go into Soul Society (even the Bount and, revealed in the Shinigami Cup, Kon) even if they weren't in spirit form. The gate they used the first time did the same thing, but I presume Ichigo left Kon in his body that time because he expected to be gone a week and didn't want his family to catch on to his absence...though I believe Ichigo was in spirit form already when he went through the gate...so I suppose his body really is lying around somewhere in the real world (Urahara's shop is my only guess).
Old 2006-12-08, 00:22   Link #56
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Well, I have seen the OP and the Ending theme of the episode. The characters that are shown in the OP and ED are most definitely from the upcoming movie that is scheduled to air in the 16th of this month. For now, these characters are not for another filler arc. This is obviously a promotional tactics to promote the movie. Studio Pierrot has employed similar tactics in Naruto as well when the 3rd movie for the respective series was about to come out. The brief displaying of the footage looks excellent as is to expect from movies. Seems like Rukia will have some competition with her in the following:

She looks cute! This really has got me excited about Bleach once again. It's a bummer that the DVD's probably won't be out for at least 4-6 weeks (and that's putting it optimistically), so we might have to wait a bit longer after the movie hits the bigscreen to get our hands on it..... Unless..... unless if there is a kind Japanese who will capture the movie with his/her cellphone camera and upload it in Youtube for our viewing convenience.

They have my blessing.
Old 2006-12-08, 02:00   Link #57
Nuzzles

First thing I thought of when I saw the movie lass, was Himawari, from the appropriately titled "Himawari".
Old 2006-12-08, 05:26   Link #58
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

'tis the first time ive rewatched a op and ending so many times. Have to catch the movie when it comes out.
Old 2006-12-08, 05:48   Link #59
striderm
Adusa #1

i love the animation of Ikkaku sliding down the hill.
Old 2006-12-08, 05:57   Link #60
shenzu

OMG the OP/ED was perfect for the current songs, could watch OP all day but it'll use up my download limit...

(yay lots of action, like Ukitake (finally))

and Kariya was actually cute as a quiet yet mature kid. I loved that scene where he "transforms" because of the music, and its actually funny to see explained how he got from brown hair kid to the white hair maniac. (was lyk wtf? in 105 when i first saw brown kid Kariya)
Closed Thread