I want something like the following.
Major
Cross Game
Bakuman
Hajime No Ippo
Nodame Cantabile
Giant Killing
Some what Suzuka

Also i like male leads. I like the never give up attitude.

Last edited by Elegance; 2012-01-24 at 21:47.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:21   Link #2
Undertaker

Despise having female lead, Kaleido Star, an awesome achieving-the-dream series.

Skip Beat falls into this types as well.

Older series like Touch or Glass Mask are great. Touch is male lead, Glass Mask is female lead.
Old 2012-01-24, 22:59   Link #3
Elegance

i will probably try Touch. I do not mind old series, and i love baseball. Thanks
Old 2012-01-25, 00:45   Link #4
Generic Asian Guy
^_^

Send a message via MSN to Generic Asian Guy
Tengen Toppa Gurren Laagan
Old 2012-01-25, 02:57   Link #5
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For Goc's sake, read or watch Hikaru no Go, stat.
Old 2012-01-25, 03:10   Link #6
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Yeah, most of shounen action series have protagonist trying to reach his (most of shounen action lead are males, but there's plenty of shounen action series featuring female leads insteads of males) dream (mostly to become a master).
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-01-25, 06:24   Link #7
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

As the guy who suggested that Enzo watch Hikaru no Go, I obviously endorse his endorsement! I don't know if I'd want to read the manga version, though. I can't see it having the same emotional impact as the anime with its excellent musical score and remarkable depictions of the games themselves.

On the distaff side, we have Shion no Ou, a manga and anime about a young girl who yearns to be a professional Shougi player. Unlike Hikaru, who's just an ordinary boy who comes to love Go, Shion witnessed her parents' brutal murder at age four and has been a mute ever since. As a result, the story traces both her development as a Shougi player and the investigation into the murders.
Old 2012-01-25, 09:02   Link #8
mecharobot

Heh, I actually remember Kaleido Star Being advertised as "The show that dreams are made of".

But if you must have a male lead, you could try Initial D(street racing) and Slam Dunk (basketball).

Going to stranger grounds you could also try Yakitate Japan, which has people aiming to become top bakers. However, it is a bit of a parody. Yumeiro Patissiere is another baking themed one, with much less parody, but it has a female lead.
Old 2012-01-25, 16:51   Link #9
kitten320

From airing animes Chihayafuru is worth a try, it is a sport anime about Karuta. The female is in the lead but it also has a guy friend who is trying hard too.

Great Teacher Onizuka is all about life struggling and never giving up. The unique teacher is helping his students with their problems and in very unique way. Onizuka's dream is to become the best teacher. He is one of the best male leads I have seen.

Magical Madoka are great series despite having mostly girls as characters. Akemi Homura is a very strong character and her goal is revealed later in episode 10. She is a very determined character.

Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin main focus is on something else but the story behind Mario is all about never giving up. He plans to become a boxer but gets a serious trauma. I found his story inspiring, especially the last episode.

Steins;Gate, Okabe is determined to create a time machine but when time traveling consequence kick in, he is determined to make everything right.

Hope this will do. I tried not to mention shounen series since almost any hero there has some kind of goal even if it is a simple friend protection.
Old 2012-01-25, 19:40   Link #10
Elegance

I have seen GTO and Steins. I like them both though i dont really see then trying to reach a dream. Yes GTO tries to be the greatest teacher though it doesnt seem too realistic in what he is trying to achieve such as the first episode. Torture the children which makes them obdedient is unheard of. I want something where they have to practice toward there goal, not just do something too bizarre and then it fixes the problem. I hope you understand the point I want to say. Thanks for the animes

Anime that interest me at the moment is Touch, Hikaru No Go, Rainbow, and maybe initial d.

I dont think i will me watching slam dunk when i heard that the guy got shot down by 100 girls or somehwhat like that. I do not want a sappy story of that kind.

Again Thanks
Old 2012-01-25, 20:59   Link #11
Undertaker

Despite having a girl as main character, I highly recommend you give Kaleido Star a shot. That anime is nothing if not about achieving dreams.

Don't get fooled by the stage performances and all the girls, the series is all about hard working and never give up. In fact, Major and Hajime no Ippo would be the closest comparison among the series you listed.
Old 2012-01-26, 04:08   Link #12
mecharobot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
I dont think i will me watching slam dunk when i heard that the guy got shot down by 100 girls or somehwhat like that. I do not want a sappy story of that kind.
???

I'll be quite frank and say that I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Slam Dunk is about a delinquent who picks up the sport at whim, but slowly develops a deep attachment to it. It is exactly like the other ideal sports anime. The romance in it is just for fun factor, like Ippo or something. Nodame Cantabile and Cross Game are miles more "sappy" in that area, so I don't really see the problem. The comedy is a bit old skool, though.
Old 2012-01-26, 06:56   Link #13
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
It's not a sappy story, it's about a boy named Hanamichi Sakuragi who wants to become a basketball player asked by his childhood friend. After that, Sakuragi finally make his first decision to joint a male basketball team held by manager Ayako, however I do not make more spoilers if you haven't saw this, but it contains 101 episodes.

If you would like this, try The Prince of Tennis. It's about a young boy named Ryoma who is the son of a popular tennisman. In order to become like his father, he must join a tennis club held by handsome-looking tennismen. It has 178 episodes (ran between 2001 and 2005) and there's a second season currently running in Japan this year.

There's also EyeShield 21, a 2005 145-episode sport anime about a boy named Sena who has high athletic abilities until one day he is asked by his classmate Yoichi Hiruma to join the american football club.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-01-26 at 07:12.
Old 2012-01-27, 17:37   Link #14
Niji

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi is about reaching his dream. Also in my all time top ten.
Closed Thread