AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the ultimate shinobi?
The 1st 24 5.99%
The 2nd 3 0.75%
Sarutobi 117 29.18%
The 4th 119 29.68%
Jiraiya 27 6.73%
Orochimaru 10 2.49%
Tsunde 4 1.00%
Itachi 73 18.20%
Other...[Please State Who] 24 5.99%
Voters: 401. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-05-22, 08:10   Link #21
dongcute

Personally, I find it hard to vote for this poll as the terms strongest and best are actually different. It will depend on how you define your “strongest” and “best”. Best as in character kindness, skill or what? Strongest as in fighting capability, planning ability or what? Moreover, given the information from the manga given is limited, it rather hard to conclude.

Nonetheless, I think each has their own capacities. I think many of the people here will most probably mention those characters with higher exposure rate since these characters are better known. However, I think we shouldn’t under estimate those characters with lesser exposure. For example, the 1st. He is a smart looking person with good leadership and excellent management skills. Why? After all, he is the one that start the village.
dongcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 12:05   Link #22
chibi Jiraiya plushy

Send a message via AIM to chibi Jiraiya plushy Send a message via Yahoo to chibi Jiraiya plushy
Anko Plushy- I say the 4th only cause he's my brother!!! read little thingie under avatar!!!

Last edited by chibi Jiraiya plushy; 2004-05-22 at 12:05. Reason: this is really Anko plushy
chibi Jiraiya plushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:04   Link #23
Pillage

I voted for Jiraiya. I think Itachi WAS afraid to face him. As soon as he summoned the frog stomach he took off.

If Itachi is SO AMAZING, he could've just beaten the crap out of Jiraiya and taken Naruto.

And for Oro not fearing Jiraiya, I think he just would never admit to him being stronger. Just like how Sasuke is to Naruto, Naruto is clearly stronger but Sasuke just wont admit it.
Pillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:20   Link #24
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Why didn't the Sound Four fight the three ANBUs? OMG, CLEARLY THEY WERE SCARED, TOO! >_<
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:22   Link #25
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
Why didn't the Sound Four fight the three ANBUs? OMG, CLEARLY THEY WERE SCARED, TOO! >_<
Actually, there were like hundreds of other ninjas around and I doubt the 4 sound ninjas want to get caught in a huge crossfire.

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:28   Link #26
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
Actually, there were like hundreds of other ninjas around and I doubt the 4 sound ninjas want to get caught in a huge crossfire.
They had ninjas within those "hundreds" on their side...what's to be afraid of? Crossfire? No excuse; they ran means they were scared. I saw fear in their eyes. Oh, and when Oro and Kabuto ran after the beatdown in the Sannin fight? Fear. Ukon, Sakon, Tayuya, and Kidomaru ran from the genin team? Fear. Kabuto and Baki ran from Gai, Genma, and Kakashi? Nothing but fear. Gai, Genma, and Kakashi didn't chase after them? Absolut fear. When Gaara ran from Gai? Fear. Gaara ran from Gai Part 2? Fear again. Itachi and Kisame ran from Gai? Fear as well. Gai, Asuma, and Kurenai didn't chase after them? Double fear! Lee ran from Sasuke and Naruto before Chuunin Exam? Yup, you guessed it. Kabuto ran from Chuunin Exam prelim? Terrified. Neji ran (well, walked) away from Hinata after the prelim fight? Scared shitless. So much fear, so many pussies...all should be like Naruto, fight head on, no matter the situation, no matter the circumstances, no matter the condition, for THAT is true nindo!

Oh, and I voted Sarutobi...1st post.
Old 2004-05-22, 13:31   Link #27
DracoBattousai
Within the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillage
I voted for Jiraiya. I think Itachi WAS afraid to face him. As soon as he summoned the frog stomach he took off.

If Itachi is SO AMAZING, he could've just beaten the crap out of Jiraiya and taken Naruto.

And for Oro not fearing Jiraiya, I think he just would never admit to him being stronger. Just like how Sasuke is to Naruto, Naruto is clearly stronger but Sasuke just wont admit it.

Once again, must it be said that Itachi was wearing himself down already by using his eye so much, and did not feel the need to fight Jaraiya to get Naruto as he said himself, there was no need to get Naruto right then. Ignorance must be bliss.

Note: I dislike Itachi btw, but I saw no fear in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
They had ninjas within those "hundreds" on their side...what's to be afraid of? Crossfire? No excuse; they ran means they were scared. I saw fear in their eyes. Oh, and when Oro and Kabuto ran after the beatdown? Fear. When Gaara ran from Gai? Fear. Gaara ran from Gai Part 2? Fear again. Lee ran from Sasuke and Naruto before Chuunin Exam? Fear. Kabuto ran from Chuun Exam prelim? Fear. Neji ran (well, walked) away from Hinata after the prelim fight? Fear. So much fear, so many pussies...all should be like Naruto, fight head on, no matter the situation.

LOL, so true....haha.... I can't beat that
DracoBattousai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:33   Link #28
Stickels
Just passing by

Itachi fanboys are annoying, I don't get why the guy is so overrated.

I'm sure he is strong as hell, but to put him as the strongest ninja out there with as little as we know of him? what the hell? Yeah he did some fancy eye tricks, but (as Gai pointed out) those are worthless if you don't look him in the eye. Thes polls are worthless as the only two on here we have seen in a serious fight is Orochimaru and Sarutobi. The others are all just who likes who more.
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:41   Link #29
knubbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels

I'm sure he is strong as hell, but to put him as the strongest ninja out there with as little as we know of him? what the hell? Yeah he did some fancy eye tricks, but (as Gai pointed out) those are worthless if you don't look him in the eye. Thes polls are worthless as the only two on here we have seen in a serious fight is Orochimaru and Sarutobi. The others are all just who likes who more.
Those "fancy eye tricks" pretty much mean automatic win for Itachi if you look him in the eye at all. If you're forced to not look at his eye and focus on his feet as Gai suggests you're at a disadvantage then too. The only person who could pull that off effectively is probably Gai himself and we know too little about either Itachi or Gai to predict how that fight would go.

Anyways my vote goes to Sakura since she obviously owns Naruto for free, and Naruto in his prime is in theory uber strong and Sakura > Naruto.
knubbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 13:56   Link #30
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickels
I agree completely. Itachi fanboys are truly annoying; therefore, we should bring up this topic whenever we can even if they don't talk about it!

Why didn't Itachi just skip the talking and do Tsukiyomi straight up the moment Jiraiya appeared? Not even I can answer that question, but Itachi and Kisame weren't backing down at all until Jiraiya intefered with the "brotherly bonding."

Quote:
*Jiraiya stares at Itachi*

*Itachi stares back*

Jiraiya: I can't just hand Naruto over to you guys...

Itachi: Don't be so sure...
Why didn't Itachi just say "oh, it's a TOAD, OH IT'S A TOAAAAD!~" and run away like the lil' coward he is? He might be just be talking back like that to look tough, but when Jiraiya busts out his move, they ran...well, no shit they run; they were already confined in the jutsu and started the battle at a severe disadvantage to begin with, but still...running from a fight? That's dishonorable. Scaredy cat.

Quote:
Kisame: Why did we have to retreat?

Kisame: With your ability...

Itachi: We don't need to hurry taking away the "present" Naruto...

Itachi: Also....I need to find a place to rest my body for a while....

Itachi: Because not just "Tsukiyomi"....

Itachi: I even used "Amaterasu".....
Silly Itachi, why you be actin' tough? If you're so terrified, just admit it! Keep it real, homes! Kisame wouldn't be laughin' at ya; you just saved his hide! Just say you scared, and all would be well!
Old 2004-05-22, 14:45   Link #31
Stickels
Just passing by

Quote:
Originally Posted by knubbe
Those "fancy eye tricks" pretty much mean automatic win for Itachi if you look him in the eye at all. If you're forced to not look at his eye and focus on his feet as Gai suggests you're at a disadvantage then too. The only person who could pull that off effectively is probably Gai himself and we know too little about either Itachi or Gai to predict how that fight would go.

Anyways my vote goes to Sakura since she obviously owns Naruto for free, and Naruto in his prime is in theory uber strong and Sakura > Naruto.

We've seen him do it on Kakashi, and on Sasuke, neither of them are even contenders for being the strongest ninja. We do know that it is Genjutsu, but we don't know if it is counterable. We do know that the only two people we've seen him do it on didn't know a way to counter it. I doubt Itachi invented the technique himself, so some of the more experienced Ninja, like Jiriaya, probably know about it, and maybe a way to get around or counter it.

The fact is that everything about the all powerfulness of this guy is just assumed off of the outcome of two fights. One against a strong, but not anywhere near strongest, ninja, and one against a crap little guy like Sasuke
Stickels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 14:52   Link #32
knubbe

The way Kakashi understood it, the only thing that can counter Tsukiyomi is another Sharingan user, which is why he told Kurenai and Asuma to close their eyes. As it turned out only another Mange-Sharingan user could counter it and Kakashi couldn't counter because he wasn't full blood Uchiha while Sasuke is too inexperienced. The whole purpose was to setup the Sasuke-Itachi final showdown, since Sasuke is the only one who could possibly counter that attack.

Unless Itachi just likes to talk a lot of shit and makes things up for the purpose of making himself seem stronger than he really is.
Old 2004-05-22, 15:00   Link #33
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Chapter 140

Oro: If I could've gotten Uchiha Itachi, then there would've been no problem...

Oro: But...this is an impossible dream...

Oro: Because he is stronger than I...

Kabuto: ....

Oro: So....that's why I left that organization...

Quote:
Chapter 148

Jiraiya: I didn't think...this flesh wall could actually be broken by him...

Kisame: Why did we have to retreat?

Kisame: With your ability...

Itachi: We don't need to hurry taking away the "present" Naruto...

Itachi: Also....I need to find a place to rest my body for a while....

Itachi: Because not just "Tsukiyomi"....

Itachi: I even used "Amaterasu".....

Naruto: What is this flame? Why is it black?

Jiraiya: Be careful! Don't get too close!

Naruto: What?

Jiraiya: Just how did they escape? And what exactly is that black flame?

Jiraiya: The internal organs of the fire-breathing great [stone-habitat] toad could actually be burnt open...

Yah, I don't think the two of the Sannins think Itachi is any good, either.
Old 2004-05-22, 15:03   Link #34
Pillage

Ok, if Jiraiya is such a push over for Itachi the Amazing, why didn't he kill him?

If Sakura showed up instead of Jiraiya, do you think they would have run?

I bet Itachis organizationg doesnt want Naruto a year from when he went after him. How long has it been since we last saw Itachi? A long time. And i bet the Akatsuki or whatever isnt very pleased.

And Itachis the moron for using that technique so often. He doesnt even use it effectively. He used it on Kakashi, and he didnt even touch him afterwards when he had the chance to kill him. He also used it on Sasuke, wtf for? Sasuke is so weak compared to him, he couldve killed him with a punch to the head.

So hes WASTED the mange twice! And by the time he used that black fire technique, he was already in the process of running away.

So it was get Naruto NOW, or wait til however long were gonna see his crazy ass again. And it has alreafy been a long while.
Old 2004-05-22, 15:09   Link #35
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

sarcasteak ... clearly ... when Orochimaru left not fighting Kakashi he was scared ...

cmon now don't you get it?

Itachi is actually terrified of Jiraiya ... maybe petrified. Cmon ... we all know the way ninjas operate is by attacking head on no matter what.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 15:11   Link #36
knubbe

Quote:
Ok, if Jiraiya is such a push over for Itachi the Amazing, why didn't he kill him?

I bet Itachis organizationg doesnt want Naruto a year from when he went after him. How long has it been since we last saw Itachi? A long time. And i bet the Akatsuki or whatever isnt very pleased.

And Itachis the moron for using that technique so often. He doesnt even use it effectively. He used it on Kakashi, and he didnt even touch him afterwards when he had the chance to kill him. He also used it on Sasuke, wtf for? Sasuke is so weak compared to him, he couldve killed him with a punch to the head.

So hes WASTED the mange twice! And by the time he used that black fire technique, he was already in the process of running away.

So it was get Naruto NOW, or wait til however long were gonna see his crazy ass again. And it has alreafy been a long while.
The first question has been answered already, although I agree that he did waste the Tsukiyomi by doing it on his worthless brother.

Your second question doesn't prove anything.

No clue why he hasn't shown up since
Old 2004-05-22, 15:14   Link #37
Pillage

Yah Lexander we get that lame joke by now.

"so and so is so afraid of so and so b/c HAHAHAHAHAAH."

I think Knubbe made some good points. Jiraiya is alot stronger than Kakashi and Sasuke. Since when dont the bad guys talk crap? "im gonna kill you" then in turn get killed themselves. i think hes just boasting.
Old 2004-05-22, 15:17   Link #38
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

The Strongest...

I'd say The 4th or 3th.
who ever it was it had to be one of these.
When the 3th was talking with Anko he said he wasn't able to stop Orochimaru at that age.
Orochimaru admitted himself that if the 3th was even 10 years younger he would have kicked that orochimaru's ass easily. That clearly indicates that the 3th was way more talented than Orochimaru.
Anko then said that if the 4th was there there wouldn't be any problems (or something like that.) That means that even at the age the 4th was (half the age of orochimaru) he would have seriously kicked orochimaru's sorry little ass.
He hadn't been alected Hokage over Orochimaru for no reason, since Hokage means THE STRONGEST PERSON IN THE VILLAGE AT THAT TIME!!!
The 3th was alive when the 4th was elected, so he clearly surpassed him, just like the 1th and 2th alected the 3th, while being alive. They didn't die, but simply were no longer the strongest in the village.
So the 4th must be n.1

As for Itachi the only real measuring of strength we've heard about him is that Orochimaru (who is inferior to 3th and 4th) said Itachi was stronger than him.
Itachi untill now has beaten a guard, a couple of jounin and ran for his life against a Sannin (Jiraiya).
As for stronger than Orochimaru: WHO IS OROCHIMARU???
1.what does he want? 2.what are his ambitions? 3.what does he call strong?
1: he wants to take revenge on Konoha and ultimately destroy it.
2: he wants to obtain all jutsu and be master of it all. That is his ambition.
3: He measures the amount of strenght by how many jutsu one knows. OFCOURSE ITACHI NOWSMORE JUTSU!! He is an Uchiha!!!
So we can't even consider what orochimaru said about Itachi.

We'll just have to look at his reputation. Academy:7 Sharingan:8 Chuunin 10 ANBU captain:13 Slaughter of clan :14/15 that's some nasty shit for a 14 year old to defeat the strongest clan in the village. He was after all the "Pride Of The Uchiha".
But the 4th had to be the strongest
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-22, 15:20   Link #39
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:

Ok, if Itachi is such a push over for Jiraiya the Great, why didn't he kill him? Hmm? Like I've clearly said...although Itachi and Kisame had no clear intention of backing off immediately, after Itachi wasted a Tsukiyomi on Sasuke and Jiraiya intefered with his ninjutsu, they ran because the situation was obviously disadvantageous; that jutsu of Jiraiya's only works indoors, so unless Jiraiya persistently pursues them and fights outside, they made the right decision. Hey hey, if Jiraiya is so great, why didn't he just finish them off? He couldn't, and does that mean he isn't a great legendary ninja? Of course not.

Quote:
Youuuuuuuuuuuu bet! You bet! Gosh, why can't Jiraiya be like you and able to read Akatsuki members' mind like that? I dare say you must be one of them to know how they are thinking! So like this other night, me and my colleagues got together. My partner and I were assigned to obtain this material that would be great for our cause but not really needed urgently, but because my team met an unforseen considerable obstacle for something that just wasn't worth fighting for right away, we chose to back off for now. My colleagues were surprised at first but understood because afterall, fighting through this would be taking unnecessary risk that they themselves wouldn't want to do.

Quote:
And Itachis the moron for using that technique so often. He doesnt even use it effectively.
This I perfectly agree. ^_^

Quote:
He used it on Kakashi, and he didnt even touch him afterwards when he had the chance to kill him.
The guy is a pacifist, what can I say? I really don't get it. Kakashi doesn't get it, either. Itachi could've just killed Kakashi off easily, but no, Itachi didn't want to fight and kill unnecessarily...he merely wanted to show the Leaf jounins they are not at his level in hopes that would stop pursuing them and everyone can all go home happy. As to why Itachi is such a pacifist, we don't know.

Quote:
He also used it on Sasuke, wtf for? Sasuke is so weak compared to him, he couldve killed him with a punch to the head.
Perhaps Sasuke meant something to him? Perhaps he didn't leave Sasuke alive out of whim? Perhaps he actually wanted Sasuke to grow strong enough to challenge him and thought he was too weak, so decided to remind him some fond memories for motivational purposes? Gee, I don't know...beats me.

Quote:
How is that a bad thing? o_0;;

Quote:
Naruto sure looks alone right now; I sure don't see Jiraiya stalking Naruto 24/7. All Itachi has to do now is walk up and swoop him away; no need for fighting Jiraiya...and all that took was patience!
Old 2004-05-22, 15:21   Link #40
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Yah Lexander we get that lame joke by now.
That joke will never stop being funny as long as there guys like you around who insist on Itachi being scared of Jiraiya.

It amazes me every time cause noone ever says he's scared of Gai even thought the situation is exactly the same.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote