AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-06, 23:42   Link #17401
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
No no no, that won't work. Energy beams that could reach a target halfway across the planet at near lightspeed travel so fast, they won't bend enough to actually hit the target, especially if it was hugging the planet.
Anything that was slow enough to feel the pull of gravity and curve in a ballistic trajectory would be so slow that the Pelicans could be dropped off and the mothership gone before the projectiles reached the target. Guided missles also travel too slowly to reach the target in time. The key is to exit dimensional space so close to the planet that its bulk shields them from the Exeter's sensors. They might pick up the realspace entry, but not the Pelican dropoff. Unless they had an orbiting sensor grid, even then they still can't act in time.
It's like two people using a round pillar for cover while trying to shot each other. What's the best position on that pillar for each person?
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
That might work, if such satellites were standard equipment on XV-class ships. Somehow, I don't think so. Otherwise, the Exeter's been on-planet for what? 4 weeks or so? Hardly enough time to rig up something like this.
Hn, well, the Belzac people have the technology to do this. I'm citing Ace Combat a lot here, which is pretty much scientifically unsound in about 95% of what it does, and as such, suffers deeply from the Rule of Cool, so yeah.

Excalibur in the AC timeline was built and in use by 1995. A chemical laser that you could reflect off satellites. By 2010, they were using mass drivers to launch ships into orbit. So going by this, I have somewhere on Belzac a mass driver to launch stuff in space. Shortly after the TSAB rogues landed, they took control of the Caliburn Defense System, which are the laser arrays situated around the planet. Originally used to prevent asteroids from hitting the planet (which is another nod to AC, as that's what all of their giant lasers/railguns/etc. were made for), the TSAB now uses it to shoot down whatever comes close. The two large lasers on the top and bottom of the planet are powerful enough to punch holes in the Aus'ruf's shields and eat Pelicans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
I don't find that... the hard part is starting to write in the first place when I surrounded by other things that vie for my attention...
That too

Quote:
Originally Posted by USB500 View Post
The Light Before We Land? Why does this story remind me of Gunslinger Girls?
That's the point
And stretched page is streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Vita/Vivio? Do want!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Bleh WAY to cracktasic IMO I just don't see how it could be done and not suck. Hard.
I tried and failed. This is as far as I got:
Spoiler for meh:

But it sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
Hope its really one sided. Kha did stake a claim on Fate already and if Glen tries to move in, the results are going to be interesting
lol Glen's got Emili but emotionally he's confused over what he feels for Fate-chan. As such, he does spark a minor conflict with Kha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Nice insertion and exit by the OFM, although using "The Light Before We Land" sounds like it should be used for a homecoming or a realization. But that's just me...
Old 2007-12-07, 03:14   Link #17402
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagerou View Post
That's the point
And stretched page is streeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetched.

Quote:
Spoiler for meh:
Good story, but what happened here?

------------------------

3vil teaser time again!
Spoiler:

Well, that's about it.

*runs*

Last edited by USB500; 2007-12-07 at 03:26.
Old 2007-12-07, 04:05   Link #17403
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiji Tabibito View Post
Uguu~!
That's better, and I hope you'll refrain along with Chaos from repeating this fiasco again. Otherwise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

The day they hire me, is the day they realize NF is being milked without substance. Which is never.

Whatever, even if they force me to write NF, I'll just pull a Gankutsuou or Toward the Terra on NF, and give it heavy melodrama with blood.
The day that happens...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Almaria: D-does that mean I'm strange?

<time paradox sound effect>

young!Aurion: Yes, yes you are. -_- Though it's not really a problem.

Almaria: Aurion! Well... I guess your right.

Ouch... Kha's Bluecheesium radiation levels are at critical!!!

But since Young Aurion's here... AxA PLEASE

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
And how can you base an OC on a erogame?
Copypasta... it works all the time

Quote:
We're gonna have go right to... ludicrous speed.
"Buckle This!!!!!"

XD XD

Quote:
Right... so basically emo girls with guns?
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
I crack desks with my head. I hardly think even a physical punch would make a difference. The only time my head lost involed me passing out, a fall of at least a meter and a sharp rock.
*suddenly remembers true stories about myself having a TV dropped on my head at 4 years of age*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko
Tesla? Emotionless?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! XD XD XD

Hehe, hoo, you almost had me there... wait, you're not joking? ...Oh, allright, let me explain. No, Tesla is not emotionless just because she tries to make sense of everything around her. Logic =/= Vulcan. She has a good sense of humor, and will use it whenever she feels like it.

Heck, she's an eternal teenager. Raging hormones and all.
Yup, you can be logical and hotblooded at the same time... it's quite unusual how people believe the two are mutually exclusive

And eternal teenager... so there's no growing out of her raging hormones huh?

Quote:
First, it's Yuu. Then it's Claes (although she didn't die). After that it's Patricia.

Just wait until the original Dark Widuri appears with her "daring" actions.

Quote:
Also....
Spoiler for post-Tears of Northern Wind:
LIKE WHAT I SEE

*runs*

Quote:
Lowe's new IS: Peacemaker.
I am honored to be named after something like this:

Quote:
Spoiler for meh:

But it sucks.
It's like reading one of Satashi's fics in the beginning, though with less fluff Though Vita's line at the end... OWNING

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-07, 04:07   Link #17404
Aaron008R

Shit.

I certainly had better days.

Actually failing my Marketing subject where I was doing reasonably well just because of some major project which most of my groupmates botched up and dumped entirely on me and another to salvage.

This is infuriating. I absolutely detest any bad marks in my future transcript when I apply for a job. And to add insult to injury, it was a BASIC subject.

I hate this.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-12-07, 04:07   Link #17405
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Last post before going home. Won't be around tomorrow and sunday; have Comicon to attend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
*suddenly remembers true stories about myself having a TV dropped on my head at 4 years of age*

Ouch.

Quote:
LIKE WHAT I SEE

*runs*
You mean... you want to SEE it?

*runs*
Old 2007-12-07, 04:19   Link #17406
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
Quote:
Inspiration hit critical mass and imploded upon itself, thus ceasing to exist. My brain it hurts.

I want to finish this; I hate leaving stuff hanging.

*counts off fics he needs to work on. Sky's Angels, Angelic Days of Haruhi Suzumiya, Chosen, Sorairo Days...*

*despairs* Hikki-kun lemme borrow your skills of insane writing speed for like a week.

Quote:
3vil teaser time again!
Spoiler:

Well, that's about it.

*runs*
Woah what.

Quote:
BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY AIR SUPERIORITY, BITCH.

Quote:
It's like reading one of Satashi's fics in the beginning, though with less fluff Though Vita's line at the end... OWNING
I will probably continue this; I want to. Vita's line at the end was inspired by the A's/StrikerS-Nanos, obviously.

Quote:
Shit.

Actually failing my Marketing subject where I was doing reasonably well just because of some major project which most of my groupmates botched up and dumped entirely on me and another to salvage.

This is infuriating. I absolutely detest any bad marks in my future transcript when I apply for a job. And to add insult to injury, it was a BASIC subject.

I hate this.
Ouch. Sorry about that.

Chin up, boy! Gotta keep going, no matter the odds!
Old 2007-12-07, 04:28   Link #17407
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Shit.

I hate this.
Aray

Sama talaga buhay no? Kay' lang yan, ibawi mo nalang sa ibang pagkakataon.

Just don't let it get you down man.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-12-07, 05:45   Link #17408
Aaron008R

I'm feeling better... A bit. It helped that my mom didn't take it as hard as I expected it.

Quote:
Horray for epic mind-rape!!
*ouch my head*
Episodes 7 and 8 are mindf**k!

Quote:
What is it about Hikki that makes women so STUPID?!
USB's powers.

Quote:
Spoiler for meh:
It's quite nice! Vivio being rebellious at nine though is quite a surprise.

Quote:

Ouch... Kha's Bluecheesium radiation levels are at critical!!!

But since Young Aurion's here... AxA PLEASE
I'll see what I can do.

Quote:
A sufficiently experienced and honed mind can keep that in check...

Quote:
Ouch. Sorry about that.

Chin up, boy! Gotta keep going, no matter the odds!
Thanks.
Don't worry. Something like this cannot hope to stop me. I just needed a little outlet to vent out some frustration.

Quote:
Aray

Sama talaga buhay no? Kay' lang yan, ibawi mo nalang sa ibang pagkakataon.

Just don't let it get you down man.
Salamat. Babawi talaga ako! Hindi ko na mahahayaang may mangyari pang ganito sakin sa kolehiyo!

And thanks, I'm really feeling a lot better now.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-12-07, 05:47   Link #17409
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
huh? Did you manage to misread something? They lost.....
Oh frap. Was it the wrong link? But I quoted the right one...

Quote:
WOOT another Meia Fanboy I thought that the attack name and how it worked was a nice touch as well
Hmmm, sought of makes me less guilty in wanting to name her Meia Tokai....

*runs*
Hm... I must've missed somethi--
Spoiler for Kalmarin zips past...:
What was that?!

Quote:
Ahh crack

Did you end up reading the crack fic that got me launched into orbit?

Here's the link if you haven't...

Although it's not all of it
Yes I have, though why do you want me to read it?

Quote:
No real time to comment or break backlog right now, but this is flat out wrong.

If you look ONE of them is a crashed chopper, but the other is blatantly clearly a tank as this Screen cap shows:
I SWEAR that wasn't there! In the LQ raw that I have at least.

Ah well, time for a bit of revisions. Besides, battery-powered Lascannons just don't have the firepower to gun down Numbers, both before and after crack-infusion.

Quote:
Saga: To care for one person, be it romantic or family... and to be the very person whom half of everything that makes you to be is granted to your person you love, cherish, and hold a promise and oath of eternity is, is different, as much as they are similar. If you really care for her the way you should, you should know better yourself, that it's not true... that what you're doing now, is the only way to make the person you care about happy.

Saga: Do you think... Hayate would ever be truly happy, living in your glass-cage, where you grasp her heart, shattered in pieces? There's a difference between not letting one make the wrong choice in their life, and dedicating yourself into protecting the future one had chosen. She is not a child, and if hell is the only way she can truly be at ease and happy, then I'll slay the demons who'll try to take her away on that bloody path. And you may not know it, but the path she had laid down her foundation for her future... is already one that will put her through much pain, whether she likes it or not, but it is a path she had chosen. Because that is her dream, as painful as it will be. If you cannot see that, you don't even deserve to be her friend, much less a brother.

Saga: Neither are children anymore. Hayate will one day walk the path where her place, is to watch her soldiers fight and die by her orders. Grandis chose the path where his life is where it is, through pain and suffering, each day maybe his last.

Saga: No one but Hayate herself can determine how much of happiness she wants and deserves. Because as she is, her heart is still in pain, wavering, and she finds it hard to accept the happiness of what you envision. But that is a pain that only she herself can overcome, because that pain is what drives both her dreams. To force that happiness on her is to destroy her dreams.
Trace, ON:
Quote:

EPIC SAGA HAS ARRIVED

And still oozing with much AWESOME especially in defending Hayate's love life

Quote:
I thought that marriage thing was already in the old version?
It keeps getting shoved around due to Central and Outer Cadia changes.

Quote:
Sunset? They don't need a personal sunset... the Sun FOLLOWS them wherever they go
Same as their counterparts, having strapped a giant planet-type Linker Core into their chassis.

Quote:
I pity the poor soul who tries to hit on her only to see the face of death

And what do you mean JUST? It'd mean all my character development plans regarding the timeline have been reshuffled, since most of my major character events occur during and after StrikerS And it also makes alot of my previous on alot of my OC's, especially Glock and Kay scenarios void, being in the NBC timeline

Although... it does allow me to screw with a few possibilities here and there
OH CWAP!

*drops CrosyS back into the main timeline*

Thank goodness I haven't reached that part yet...

Quote:
DO FREAKING WANT

*runs*
I'm amazed no one else disagrees, at least about the impracticality of the armor, and the painful fake!Keroko asset jingling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshouryuu View Post
* tshouryuu quietly introduces a new OC luring Hayate away from the various OCs that are fighting over/for her.
Spoiler for Kyouka:
Many thanks to Lowe for being a major help in creating her.
...darn!

Someone made it to Chibi-R1 first. I was planning it to have been a AlterNADS AU thing, when Sophia summons R1 as her Servant Caster to participate in the Holy Grail War without the knowledge of the people she was working with.

For the duration of Rebuilt, Caster appears in her chibiform to conserve power, but reverts to her full form in combat. Even as a chibi, she is still double of R2's height, and acts as the "mother" Unison Device to both Sak-chan and R2. And Sak-chan got remodelled into a chibi-quivalent of the 4 year old, so she's smaller than R2.

And... imagine Chibi-Saga seated with Chibi-R1, with Null and R2 and lastly Sak-chan in a chibi baby-chair at a chibi table on a table in the Riot 6 canteen. And R1 is having trouble getting the adopted baby to eat her greens.

Doesn't that make you wanna go AWWW~~~~!!! <3

(runs from Nighty)

Good work here! The fake concert was amusing to read of!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evangelion Xgouki View Post
Do I detect an OC beach special? . Hawaii is nice all year round for a visit to the beach .
Hmm... IDEA!

...not. USB has already done one very well. :3

Quote:
Almaria: D-does that mean I'm strange?

<time paradox sound effect>

young!Aurion: Yes, yes you are. -_- Though it's not really a problem.

Almaria: Aurion! Well... I guess your right.

My OC's...
PIDE TARAMOX!!!!!!: eyespin:
*Konata thinking nod*

Mm-mm. :3

Quote:
Shit.

I hate this.
Double Darn. Gambatte!
Old 2007-12-07, 06:19   Link #17410
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Choujin Sentai, Liveman!

Quote:
I'm feeling better... A bit. It helped that my mom didn't take it as hard as I expected it.

Salamat. Babawi talaga ako! Hindi ko na mahahayaang may mangyari pang ganito sakin sa kolehiyo!

And thanks, I'm really feeling a lot better now.
Ganyan nga pre, itaas noo! Isang pagsubok lang iyan na kailangan malagpasan! Marami ka pa namang pagkakataon!

Huwag kang maniwala sa amin na naniniwala sa iyo!
Wag' kang maniwala sa iyo na naniniwala sa amin!

Maniwala ka sa iyong sarili!!!

And glad to hear that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
A sufficiently experienced and honed mind can keep that in check...
That's true Although there are times that even that can be overwhelmed by hormonal overload from the onset of True Love

*runs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R
Don't worry. Something like this cannot hope to stop me. I just needed a little outlet to vent out some frustration.
What better place to vent than here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
What was that?!

*hides image while whistling*

"I thank you for your service to this country Agent 'W'."

"Of course! Who the hell do you think I am?
"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
OH CWAP!

*drops CrosyS back into the main timeline*

Thank goodness I haven't reached that part yet...

I thought I had to rewrite all of my Glock/Kay interactions regarding pre-CrosyS again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha
I'm amazed no one else disagrees, at least about the impracticality of the armor, and the painful fake!Keroko asset jingling.

...darn!
Impractical? What Impracticality? it's absolutely perfect!

*oggles Bikiniform*

*runs*

Old 2007-12-07, 06:31   Link #17411
FieryAeon
Sleepy head

Quote:
Ch-CHOTTO!!!

Was Hikki that HAXX in the chapter? And page formatting? What's up with that:
Thanks to Hikki's lion roar. Or dragon roar. Or whatever floats your boat.

Quote:
First, it's Yuu. Then it's Claes (although she didn't die). After that it's Patricia.

Just wait until the original Dark Widuri appears with her "daring" actions.
WANT NAO! Oh wait you aren't around on weekends.

Quote:
My chapter made you all speechless, eh?
Erm...well not really all of it in a good way though. *eyes haxx suspiciously*

Quote:
I noticed that. Yes, he needs to be nerfed, but not until Big Daddy Yo kicks the hell out of it and Halcyon steals his power.

How will this end? Give me some times to finish the whole arc. Though I'm tempted to post that 3vil teaser again.
Evil teasers make you evil.

Quote:
Now to see if they KyoAni takes the bait and responds in Clannad
Though I don't think we'll see anything mind-boggling from Clannad just yet. Somehow I get the feeling we won't be seeing anything like that till the later episodes.

Quote:
Yeah, it's starting to get ridicualous on the power charts...
Well, Hikki has always been borderline haxx anyway.

Quote:
Horray for epic mind-rape!!
*ouch my head*
My jaw dropped when I watched those 3 episodes. A memory defect illness is something I've never even heard of before. The way Chihiro thinks seems to be really abnormal. *gets pwned*

Quote:
Oh yes, it's good. A good mindfuck as well if you swing that way. (although you do have to wait a little for that). ALthough the art can be very off setting to people...
Anyone else noticed that this season has a lot more 12/13 episode series than we've had for awhile now? Not all of them are brilliant like ef though *coughPrismArkcough*

Quote:
In that case I'm not even going to try and get you to start watching again since it's like that for the entire series.. well up to ep9/12 or 13. Pity though..
I personally feel that at the moment Chihiro and Renji's story has more impact than the other 2 couples. My guess is that Kei would end up with Kyosuke. Call it a hunch.

Quote:
You could have told me of that earlier. <_____< now everything is clear.

*goes to nerf Hikki before next chapter*

Quote:
Option:
Spoiler:

Also....
Spoiler for post-Tears of Northern Wind:
Ahhh!!! Master/servant relationship!

Quote:

------------------------

3vil teaser time again!
Spoiler:

Well, that's about it.

*runs*
Nooooooooo!!! Teasers! You evil man!

Quote:
Last post before going home. Won't be around tomorrow and sunday; have Comicon to attend.
Huh? Comicon? Do we actually have one?

Quote:
..darn!

Someone made it to Chibi-R1 first. I was planning it to have been a AlterNADS AU thing, when Sophia summons R1 as her Servant Caster to participate in the Holy Grail War without the knowledge of the people she was working with.

For the duration of Rebuilt, Caster appears in her chibiform to conserve power, but reverts to her full form in combat. Even as a chibi, she is still double of R2's height, and acts as the "mother" Unison Device to both Sak-chan and R2. And Sak-chan got remodelled into a chibi-quivalent of the 4 year old, so she's smaller than R2.

And... imagine Chibi-Saga seated with Chibi-R1, with Null and R2 and lastly Sak-chan in a chibi baby-chair at a chibi table on a table in the Riot 6 canteen. And R1 is having trouble getting the adopted baby to eat her greens.

(runs from Nighty)

More crack?
Old 2007-12-07, 07:25   Link #17412
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Well, the drawing is done, so here goes

Spoiler for Koji's Knighting - Part 3:

Nothing special in this one...except for that
I'll most likely finish this chapter in the following part, I hope

Well, now that this is done, I can start working on that request
*warps away*
Old 2007-12-07, 07:30   Link #17413
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post

Well, now that this is done, I can start working on the request
*warps away*
XD

Yui's prank actually backfires, and she gets the embarrasment instead

And Treize is FREAKING WIN for her indifference to the... one-eyed serpent

As for the rest of their expressions...

GOLD

Old 2007-12-07, 07:34   Link #17414
Tormenk

Quote:

*warps away*
WIN indeed.

Maren does seem to be dazed though. Must have been stunned by Koji's "sword" eh? And how it would fit into a sheath.. *runs for dear life*

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2007-12-07, 08:14   Link #17415
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I thought Keroko-kun didn't like that?

Aurion: Sorry. Not happening.
Keroko-kun: No, I don't. But then again, its not me that wants revenge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satty View Post
Didn't expect Tesla that way...oh well, whatever comes, I guess...
Thta just shows how little I've written for her.

Quote:
When ARE we going to get to see those hormones?
As soon as I finish writing and editing the picture.

Quote:
Blah way to ruin the fun!
Massacres will have to come later. I need her for something else at the moment.

Quote:
Chicken.
Tesla: It's not my style to get involved in the quarrels of love-birds.

Quote:
You're quite quick on the uptake ain't ya?
*puffs chest* Of course I am! *Tesla whispers something in his ear* Wait, what do you mean sarcasm?

Quote:
That was for your creator namely that if he doesn’t start giving you some screen time we will, but it might not be too flattering if it comes to that, just ask Keroko… Acutlaly I'm probably going to do it anyway.
Ah... I see... must... finish... editting...

Quote:
On that note quick question would she ever operate alone off world or not? (post StrikerS time frame say one to one and a half years, I know Keroko went Enforcer, but I don’t recall what exactly she did or if it’s even discussed.)
That's mostly because I'm still debating it myself. The primary idea was to just stick her with the rest of the Wolkies with Hayate, but it feels... undeserving. Lately I've been thinking of sticking her in the Navy. Concidering her strategical skills (and the fact that said skills were inspired by Thrawn) its been very tempting, but quite blank so far.

Quote:
I see very few kills with the snipers and 99% of those are with the 50 .cal. Really I love snipers they always stand still so I can sight in and pump rounds from my G3 or M14 into them before they get a second shot. If you’re killing anything with a sniper you’d kill twice as much with a scoped heavy AR like the M14 or G3 IMO. I tried oh did I try with sniper rifles, but I just wasn’t getting kills. First off the maps are too small IMO and AR and LMGs too accurate basiclly if you can hit them they can nearly always hit you, and positions that give you a decent field of view tend be horribly exposed, the spawning system in most game modes also means there’s really no such thing as a safe area as guys can spawn nearly on top of you at any time. I mostly play TDM and Domination though in round based play they might be better, but I doubt it.

Teamplay might help slightly too if you could count on someone to acutally keep your back safe you could focus more, but I die more often to GL rounds, RPGs, and just being shot by my targets then being backstabbed.
I'm a TDM player through and through, as long as my allies manage to hold their ground, I can make a few good kills before I have to relocate myself (staying in one spot for too long is never a good idea anyway). RPG's never kill me, and backstabbers usually give me a few extra grenade kills before they learn to back of (I love martyrdom ).

Quote:
Acutally it's over too fast with a point limit half the time I've seen games hit a 5k point limit in less then five minutes...
Which is why I like it, short, violent and you never know where up or down is for five minutes.

Quote:
We'll we had a small piece of her in combat so something outside of that would be best IMO.
Griffith/Tesla scenario comming up.

Quote:
Certainly an important skill though.
No arguments here.

Quote:
Keroko got something of a pass because she came in early, but really if someone tried to introduce someone like her now he’d catch all sorts of shit and this char has the potential to be that close or closer to the Canon Cast. Is this fair? No, not really, but neither is life.
Honestly? I myself am amazed I got away with it. I'll say now that the hardest part of writing Keroko's bio was the creation of Tesla. Keroko I had given a background, a reason for being with Nanoha, and a reason for Nanoha to trust her. She wasn't just some random person that popped up and became friends ala Sailor Moon, she already knew Nanoha for two years before the chaos started.

Tesla, on the other hand, had no such excuse. But after realizing that there was no way I could give Keroko a role in A's without completely ruining the rivalry setting, I created Tesla. She was meant to be a side character to give Keroko a role of importance in A's, imagine my surprise when the people here were actually fond of her, and wanted more of her.

Quote:
Yup, you can be logical and hotblooded at the same time... it's quite unusual how people believe the two are mutually exclusive

Just like how Vita still displays childish antics at times, Tesla suffers from teenage antics.

Quote:
Shit.

I hate this.
A tip for the future perhaps, log just who does what, and when the teachers ask for it, show them just what the others have done in terms of work. Its the general failsafe in my class when other people screw up their part of the work.

Quote:
What does Keroko have to do with this again?

On another note: Does anyone have a stash of Maria Traydor artwork? I'm in need of filling my Tesla art suply.
Old 2007-12-07, 09:14   Link #17416
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
Hardly a bad thing since I'd feel and urge to horribly maim them if we did.
That's quite true...
Quote:
Mine is basiclly Landwarrior on steroids you get a reticle for your weapon, which also has a sight to feed video to it so you can look around corners and such. It also has integrated IR and Image Intensification built into it for night fighting and a short air supply and filters (Trying to adapt to gas AFTER it hits you is a piss poor move as modern never agents can kill within seconds if inhaled.) given that barrier jackets are probably already effectively an impermeable barrier to most toxins adding a sealed helmet gives you full MOPP protection at all times. The helmet is also integrates holographic displays to display video and tactical maps and such.

All suits are also networked (though that gear is acutally carried on the back) with blue force trackers and real-time tactical maps for squad leaders and officers and the capability to send video and other sensor data up the chain for others to view as well as receive intel back from other sources. Some units add a further special modification's depending on the wearers specialty FOs for instance have target painters and improved comm gear.
Basically what my one wants to become once the TSAB give in and start ripping ideas off the 'barbarians'

Although I did forget to mention that I've got night-vision as well.
Quote:
Acutally given that nothing can go faster then C (bizzera sub-atomic quantum particles and such aside... umm no. Merely apporaching C is enough to cause significant time dilation though the level is often overplayed it would take quite awhile at relativistic speeds to get really far "ahead" of the rest of the universe.
You've got a lot of things in your brain huh...
Quote:
99% of literature is about taking stuff other people wrote and twisting it a little to make it interesting, or even just doing it again in a competent way. Originality is good, but drawing on common elements or know characters can work too if it’s done well. After all the very concept of a “genre” implies that various works will share common elements and things like archetypes and stock characters have been an accepted writing tool for thousands of years. There's a thin line between adaptation and copying I'll admit and sometimes it can be hard to see it when you're walking it which is why it's good to have others watching from a distance to warn if you're drifting onto the wrong side of it.
No matter how original you think your story line is, chances are other people have laready thought about it. One reason why I don't mind seeing common story elements etc. The one thing I do take exception to is referencing without atempts to adapt it to the story. Which I'm sure most are aware of by now.
Quote:
Spoiler for meh:
You call that meh??

If that's meh I'd like to read what you call good!! Since that's already a great start to the story!!
Quote:
3vil teaser time again!
Spoiler:

Well, that's about it.

*runs*
Hmm, not as evil as your past spoilers
Quote:
Shit.

I hate this.
Ouch.. *pat pat*

I'll second Keroko's advice on keeping a log of what get's done in group assignments so that if things do go badly, you've got a record saying that x work was done this week by y member, so you can go and complain that your group sucked and try and get partial marks..
Quote:
Inspiration hit critical mass and imploded upon itself, thus ceasing to exist. My brain it hurts.

I want to finish this; I hate leaving stuff hanging.

*counts off fics he needs to work on. Sky's Angels, Angelic Days of Haruhi Suzumiya, Chosen, Sorairo Days...*
Yes Finish it off!!

Quote:
That's good to hear.
Quote:
Episodes 7 and 8 are mindf**k!

Quote:
Oh frap. Was it the wrong link? But I quoted the right one...

Quote:
What was that?!
Dare?
Quote:
Yes I have, though why do you want me to read it?
No comments?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FieryAeon View Post
Though I don't think we'll see anything mind-boggling from Clannad just yet. Somehow I get the feeling we won't be seeing anything like that till the later episodes.
True. The tear jerker that I expected in the last episode failed to appear. Maybe I'm just getting used to the angst..
Quote:
Well, Hikki has always been borderline haxx anyway.
In more ways than one I might add..
Quote:
My jaw dropped when I watched those 3 episodes. A memory defect illness is something I've never even heard of before. The way Chihiro thinks seems to be really abnormal. *gets pwned*
That's why it's so awesome!!
Quote:
I personally feel that at the moment Chihiro and Renji's story has more impact than the other 2 couples. My guess is that Kei would end up with Kyosuke. Call it a hunch.
It's been a given for a while now. Well for me at least.

Each of the stories is good, but I'd have to say that Miya/Hiro wins out by a little right at this moment.
Quote:

*warps away*
XD
That was brilliant

Although what's with the dis-interested look on the face of the girl on the far right... She's not even blushing..
Quote:
Sounds great!

Update:

A visit to RF6: Part 8
~1500 words

Umm, 10-20% done I think I'm not sure how long this is going to end up

Hopefully I'll be able to finish it up by sometime next week
Old 2007-12-07, 09:20   Link #17417
Aaron008R

Quote:
...darn!

It makes me swirly-eyed with crack first...

Quote:
Double Darn. Gambatte!
I will.

Quote:
Ganyan nga pre, itaas noo! Isang pagsubok lang iyan na kailangan malagpasan! Marami ka pa namang pagkakataon!

Huwag kang maniwala sa amin na naniniwala sa iyo!
Wag' kang maniwala sa iyo na naniniwala sa amin!

Maniwala ka sa iyong sarili!!!

And glad to hear that
KUYA!!!

Awesome trans. Wish they'd bring Gurren Lagann here in the Philippines someday. Provided they don't botch up the dubbing. >.>

Quote:
That's true Although there are times that even that can be overwhelmed by hormonal overload from the onset of True Love

*runs*
And thet's the event were all waiting for.

*runs from Tesla*

Quote:

*warps away*
XD

WIN! Maren's starting to get some thoughts... And Treize really does remind me of Anzu from Da Capo II... Nice drawing, BTW.

Quote:
Keroko-kun: No, I don't. But then again, its not me that wants revenge.
Me: Noted. Though that scenario sounds all the more cracktastically possible with Liana's health drinks... NO! MUST!! RESIST!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Honestly? I myself am amazed I got away with it. I'll say now that the hardest part of writing Keroko's bio was the creation of Tesla. Keroko I had given a background, a reason for being with Nanoha, and a reason for Nanoha to trust her. She wasn't just some random person that popped up and became friends ala Sailor Moon, she already knew Nanoha for two years before the chaos started.

Tesla, on the other hand, had no such excuse. But after realizing that there was no way I could give Keroko a role in A's without completely ruining the rivalry setting, I created Tesla. She was meant to be a side character to give Keroko a role of importance in A's, imagine my surprise when the people here were actually fond of her, and wanted more of her.
To tell the truth, I like her better than Keroko-chan...

*runs*

Quote:
Just like how Vita still displays childish antics at times, Tesla suffers from teenage antics.
Oh how I'd like to expand on that.
Maybe I'll do the Aurion/Tesla conversation about 'spying' on Leona in my next GuardianS: From the Edge installment. I'll include a game or two if I can. I'll consult with you next week after my exam...

Quote:
A tip for the future perhaps, log just who does what, and when the teachers ask for it, show them just what the others have done in terms of work. Its the general failsafe in my class when other people screw up their part of the work.
Thanks. I'll let this serve as a lesson for me. No more dawdling around with the group from now on.

On another note: Does anyone have a stash of Maria Traydor artwork? I'm in need of filling my Tesla art suply.[/QUOTE]

That's a little difficult. Finding really good artwork for Maria is hard.
But here's what I managed to scrounge up. The fourth one is very good.

Spoiler for Maria:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo
Ouch.. *pat pat*

I'll second Keroko's advice on keeping a log of what get's done in group assignments so that if things do go badly, you've got a record saying that x work was done this week by y member, so you can go and complain that your group sucked and try and get partial marks..
Noted. Thanks.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-12-07, 09:28   Link #17418
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
XD

Yui's prank actually backfires, and she gets the embarrasment instead

And Treize is FREAKING WIN for her indifference to the... one-eyed serpent

As for the rest of their expressions...

GOLD

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk View Post
WIN indeed.

Maren does seem to be dazed though. Must have been stunned by Koji's "sword" eh? And how it would fit into a sheath.. *runs for dear life*

Somehow that reminds me of that scene in a recent 007 movie, with the diamonds...
"See? It's a perfect fit..."

Quote:
Each of the stories is good, but I'd have to say that Miya/Hiro wins out by a little right at this moment.
I wonder why
But yeah, I like Miya/Hiro and Chihiro/Renji better.

Quote:
XD
That was brilliant

Although what's with the dis-interested look on the face of the girl on the far right... She's not even blushing..
Hmm...she's Treize-chan, BreakerS' MOE silent girl

I wonder if the term Kuudere could be applied to her?
Ahh...and when she grows up, she'll be very Kagura-ish
*runs*

Quote:
XD

WIN! Maren's starting to get some thoughts...
Yeah...thoughts
Just wait until it's night

Quote:
And Treize really does remind me of Anzu from Da Capo II... Nice drawing, BTW.
Deshou?
Old 2007-12-07, 09:37   Link #17419
Liingo
Love Hina?

Quote:
I wonder why
But yeah, I like Miya/Hiro and Chihiro/Renji better.
I'd like to point out that thier story line has been hooked me far more since the very beginning.... ALthough I'm not sure how convincing that is right after the episode where he scores
Quote:
Hmm...she's Treize-chan, BreakerS' MOE silent girl

I wonder if the term Kuudere could be applied to her?
Ahh...and when she grows up, she'll be very Kagura-ish
*runs*
Wait that was Treize.......
/facepalm...

WRITE FASTER SO I CAN REMEMBER THESE THINGS!!!

Not like I can talk though
Quote:
Yeah...thoughts
Just wait until it's night
Aaron suggesting things!! What the!!

Old 2007-12-07, 09:48   Link #17420
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Resurfacing from the edge of inactivity ...

It's freaking busy for me right now, and doing backlog is daunting even if the pages aren't many. I'm now trying to cram at least 150 pieces of scientific journals averaging ten pages each, into my head and find a way to condense them into 30 pages. That, plus the uber amount of data to analyze ...

Quote:
*pats*
Don't worry, things will turn out alright!!
Thanks a lot!

Quote:
I detect lots of off-topics here. So allow me to counter with this.

TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
CHAPTER 8

-snip-

After this, expect serious battle scenes between Hikki, the Immortal, and later the Aces.

And expect Sonic Form Fate, too.

*runs*
Wonderfully done, and for Hikki to show such admirable attitude (at least to me, he looks cool ) is refreshing. And then, we enter action again with the arrival of the Narulian knights. Very good!

Quote:
Which is why I prefer the atmosphere translation as an error of sorts. However, in terms of AMF, its not an Anti Mana Field, nor an Anti Magic Field, its an Anti Magilink Field. It disrupts the links holding the spell together, causing it to 'vibrate' apart and return to the relatively harmless energy it normally is.
This actually makes it quite peculiar. Even if it's an anti-magilink field, mana, according to the canon translation, is a form of energy, and if they (mana) really do exist as part of the "universal" energy, should share common characteristics with the rest. If energy can be linked, then all sorts of magic spells, regardless of whether they use mana or other physical energies as base, could be disrupted by AMF. Why should elemental spells be any different from mana-based spells, just because they use different energy as the base?

Quote:
Hmm, I wouldn't put this as unreasonable. After all, if you eat a lot, but never sport, we know thatits not healthy. A mage who eats a lot, but never uses the mana it produces could end up with some form of physical problem...
Yep. This is a bit dangerous to tread on, however, since I'm toying with something canon has gracefully decided not to reveal to us. The thing is, I'm not sure whether I should make it more localized towards "magical bodies" (i.e. Linker Cores) or it affects the entire biological system.

Quote:
The biggest problem is that its the reverse of what canon showed us. Normal magic spells are easy to learn (Nanoha could use Tiana's Crossfire after seeing it once) but elemental spells require extensive training to even be able to utilize without a conersion abillity (like Chrono).

I have seen no indication whatsoever that mana has vast differences between different people. Unless I see one such difference, I will say that it is for all usefull purposes equal.
Hmm, actually, the idea isn't to introduce something of a vast difference between mages. Mana, regardless of type, has the same capacity and energy content. It does not make a spell particularly more effective, easier to learn, or more powerful, because that's dependent entirely on the mages' efforts. Mana type only serves to distinguish mages through the uniqueness of their Linker Cores.

I guess a simple analogy is more understandable, so we'll take Teana and Subaru as examples. We'll assume that the two of them has similar levels and abilities in the spell Crossfire Shoot.

Let's say that Teana has a Linker Core that uses mana type A. She casts Crossfire Shoot and deals x damage at y speed with z amount of bullets.

Subaru has a Linker Core that uses mana type B. She also casts Crossfire Shoot and deals x damage at y speed with z amount of bullets.

The only difference here is that Teana and Subaru uses different mana types.

Of course, there is actually no reason to go to this trouble of introducing mana types, because in the end, it all boils down to spells cast by the said individuals (the mana type wouldn't change because their Linker Cores don't change).

The only thing that mana types will be significant for are mages who possess different types of Linker Cores in their body (i.e. more than one), and hence, my intention.

Quote:
The Keroko/Tiana idol relation has been around for a long time, I even made a 4koma of it.
Oh, I still remember this! But, back then, I thought it was Nanoha Teana was speaking to. Hurray for 4koma!

Quote:
@ Reiji and Chaos:

Okay you two, I know the OC is the pinnacle of randomness here, but this is really GETTING OUT OF HAND even by this thread's standards.

We don't want to set a precedent of Posters/OC's badmouthing each other and going degenerating into mindless insults and namecalling.

Can the both of you drop this line of discussion now... PLEASE?
Phew, at least it has cooled down somewhat. Glad there's a mediator in the midst.

Quote:
TEARS OF THE NORTHERN WIND
CHAPTER 9

-snip-
More epic battles and intense action!

And no! Why did Patricia do that (I thought she just met him for a short while, but it already reaches the final stage of relationship)?! Now, Hikki's going to lose himself. Let's just hope that Hikki's father is strong enough to handle him without breaking him.

And by the way, did I just somehow read a familiar scene reminiscent of Dai-Baran in Dragon Quest?
Closed Thread