AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: -Your- picks for the best songs in Macross Frontier [Multiple-pick Option Enabled]
Welcome To My FanClub's Night! 67 21.34%
Shinkuu no Diamond Crevasse 108 34.39%
Aimo ~Tori no Hito 83 26.43%
Infinity 84 26.75%
Diamond Crevasse ~Sheryl Only♥ 184 58.60%
Northern Cross 150 47.77%
Anata no Oto 55 17.52%
Seikan Hikōu 82 26.11%
Yousei 98 31.21%
Ai Oboete Imasu ka ~Ranka 76 24.20%
Watashi no Kare wa Pilot 30 9.55%
Lion 165 52.55%
Diamond Crevasse 50/50 36 11.46%
Aoi no Ether 49 15.61%
Neko Nikki 20 6.37%
Nyan Nyan Service Medley 101 32.17%
What 'bout my star?@Formo 109 34.71%
Triangler ~ Maaya Sakomoto 71 22.61%
Iteza☆Gogo Kuji Don't be late 88 28.03%
What 'bout my star? ~Sheryl 78 24.84%
Aimo OC 52 16.56%
Triangular - Duet - 93 29.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-08, 11:39   Link #1041
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I helped sales too

Pre-ordered it a month ago.

Seriously, this year's Red-White MUST HAVE MAY'N.

NHK would be nuts if they don't invite at least May'n.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 11:51   Link #1042
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by W-General View Post

Seriously, this year's Red-White MUST HAVE MAY'N.

NHK would be nuts if they don't invite at least May'n.
Depends on the situation though. Red-White (NHK special New Year Programme) could have May'n since she is definitely a rising star in Japan. But since she is not quite a long-time figure in pop world... Well, let's hope for the best shall we?

Besides all her songs are from anime, so it would be hard for May'n to be included in that programme, which if I remember correctly have never used an anime song

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 14:58   Link #1043
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuki Hyuga View Post
Depends on the situation though. Red-White (NHK special New Year Programme) could have May'n since she is definitely a rising star in Japan. But since she is not quite a long-time figure in pop world... Well, let's hope for the best shall we?

Besides all her songs are from anime, so it would be hard for May'n to be included in that programme, which if I remember correctly have never used an anime song
That is not quite true (regarding anime songs). Case point:
Nakagawa Shouko (Shokotan) and the OP to Gurren Lagann "Sorairo Days" was performed on Red White last year. As much of a Shokotan fan I am, I have to admit that she doesn't sing half as well as May'n (it wasn't awful). How EPIC would it be to have May'n perform at Red White

I am sure there have been many occasions where Anime songs have been used, but this is the one example that jumped off the top of my head.

Also length of time in jpop world is a non-issue. See last year: Leah Dizon (oh my god that was awful). First year she debuted as a singer and she gets to go on Red White? What a disgrace. (She's hot, that's it. No singer she is)

In terms of CD sales, May'n is definitely right up there among the top-sellers/everyday Oricon/Red White regulars. Her only disadvantage is name recognition - your everyday folks might not necessarily recognize May'n.

If she can somehow pull this off, it will be absolutely HUGE for her in terms of career development. If I understand correctly, Horipro has considerable clout in the Japanese entertainment industry...I am sure they have recognized May'n potential and I think it would be to their advantage to pull some strings. How awesome would it be - a relatively unknown figure performs live on Red White and moves everyone to tears by her top-notch emotional performance and she becomes an instant phenomenon. What a story.
Old 2008-10-08, 17:38   Link #1044
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

ost 2 is just as great as the 1st one , aimo is my fav on the disc
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 18:49   Link #1045
viper

Anyone know the name of the orchestral track played at the end of Episode 10, when Ranka gets pulled up onto the stage? I could swear it isn't on OST 1 or OST2.
viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:06   Link #1046
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Anyone know the name of the orchestral track played at the end of Episode 10, when Ranka gets pulled up onto the stage? I could swear it isn't on OST 1 or OST2.
Its the second half of Prologue F from OST 2
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:07   Link #1047
viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
Its the second half of Prologue F from OST 2
Arr yep, I just stumbled on it on my 2nd run through of the OST. Thanks.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:16   Link #1048
Flame-X
Anti-fan

Just finished listening to the 2nd OST. Track 10, Yousei, is the best track in my opinion.
Been listening to this song nonstop today.
Old 2008-10-08, 19:51   Link #1049
beppu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
FYI
The two(May'n & Nakajima Ai) are going on a concert gig in Japan starting on Oct.13th in Yokohama and 22nd in Osaka.
Titled "Macross Frontier Final Galaxy Tour" although I do not know the program but this would be a must see GIG.

http://mayn.horipro.jp/schedule/

Edit; Executive producer of this gig is none other than Kanno Yoko!!!
Yoko Kanno needs to cosplay as Grace.
beppu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 19:55   Link #1050
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Complete with Grace boob-grab?
Not sure how well-endowed Kanno Youko is...
Old 2008-10-08, 21:06   Link #1051
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
That is not quite true (regarding anime songs). Case point:
Nakagawa Shouko (Shokotan) and the OP to Gurren Lagann "Sorairo Days" was performed on Red White last year. As much of a Shokotan fan I am, I have to admit that she doesn't sing half as well as May'n (it wasn't awful). How EPIC would it be to have May'n perform at Red White

I am sure there have been many occasions where Anime songs have been used, but this is the one example that jumped off the top of my head.

Also length of time in jpop world is a non-issue. See last year: Leah Dizon (oh my god that was awful). First year she debuted as a singer and she gets to go on Red White? What a disgrace. (She's hot, that's it. No singer she is)
Didn't watch last year Red-White programme, so I didn't know about Sorairo Days being used in Red-White

And as for length of time... Ugh, don't use Leah Dizon... I hate her from the bottom of my heart >_> But you're right, but cases like this is quite rare though. I think that it is because of some... Pulling strings from the producer side or something >.> I heard some of the Japanese were quite confused at that time.

Quote:
In terms of CD sales, May'n is definitely right up there among the top-sellers/everyday Oricon/Red White regulars. Her only disadvantage is name recognition - your everyday folks might not necessarily recognize May'n.

If she can somehow pull this off, it will be absolutely HUGE for her in terms of career development. If I understand correctly, Horipro has considerable clout in the Japanese entertainment industry...I am sure they have recognized May'n potential and I think it would be to their advantage to pull some strings. How awesome would it be - a relatively unknown figure performs live on Red White and moves everyone to tears by her top-notch emotional performance and she becomes an instant phenomenon. What a story.
Ah, yes, the name-recognition issue. We can only hope that this Macross Live will be able to put up her name higher. She already got her position in her CD Sales. Now she only need to make a name of herself. I really hope NHK would (AND MUST) be able to recognize her and put her in R-W Programme. She has the talents, no need from Horipro to pull of some strings actually.

(Lol W-General, it seems you worship May'n like a goddess there )

Old 2008-10-08, 21:43   Link #1052
iVu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clamp-X View Post
Just finished listening to the 2nd OST. Track 10, Yousei, is the best track in my opinion.
Been listening to this song nonstop today.
same here. its a wonderful song
iVu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-08, 21:48   Link #1053
wolfboy
:3

Leah Dizons so damn hot lol. I hate what Japan did with her. The whole fake clean gravuure image thing isn't doing it for me. She needs to get back over here and do more import modelling as her naughty usual self Sucks for her financially but sure makes me happy in the pants
wolfboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 01:30   Link #1054
pinoy78
Yahk, DECULTURE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec View Post
Macross F O.S.T 2 Nyan Tra debuts on the Oricon daily charts at #1 with 24,932 copies sold on the 1st day. Congratulation to Yoko Kanno, May'n and Megumi Nakajima. The main rival of this week for Yoko Kanno is Mariya Takeuchi with her latest best of album "Expressions", I hope the OST2 can take the first spot on the weekly charts.
I'm doing a happy dance right now.

Support Frontier by buying the legit cd folks.
pinoy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 02:50   Link #1055
Westlo
Lets be reality

Frontier OST II actually did a lot better than nearly 25k copies sold... copying my post from the gr blog..

Mai you forgot something when looking at Oricon charts…. you have to multiply the sales by 1.75.

So for this current week album sales are…

ALBUMS
x->1 - Macross Frontier - 24,932 (x1.7) = 42,384
1->2 - Takeuchi Mariya - 9,917 + 11,924 (x1.7) = 37,130
x->3 - melody. - 5,111 (x1.7) = 8,689

Also Trickster falls fast…

*3 *5 *5 *5 *7 *7↓14 水樹奈々 「Trickster」
25 19 21 21 23 18/15 May’n/中島愛 「ライオン」

And OST 1 gets a nice boost

– — 46 49 — –↑29 菅野よう子 「マクロスF(フロンティア)O.S.T.1 娘フロ。」
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 03:05   Link #1056
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

To put things into perspective, Nyan-Furo debuted at around 10,000 points on its first day, and ended up being #3 on the weekly albums.

Considering that Nyan Tora got 25000 points for first day along....#1 WEEKLY IS NO DREAM! (curious that Lion got a bump from Nyan-Tora)

Just to once again highlight why this is such an amazing achievement: there has only ever been 4 anime-related soundtracks in the history of Oricon to get #1 weekly album: (1) ??? (2) Spaceship Yamato LP Record (3) Eva OST III (4) Eva DEATH OST. Here's hoping that (5) will be Macross Frontier OST2

Quote:
(Lol W-General, it seems you worship May'n like a goddess there )
I mean I knew she sang well before, but the more I listened to her, the more I looked at her live footage (from Youtube and Nico video), I can for sure say that there are no JPop singer of her age with the same level of vocal range, depth and power in her voice, and puts quite as much emotion into her singing. I mean, 18 year old & under out there in the JPop world. What's there? Hello Project? Berryz? PULLLLEEASSSEEEEE. Not to beat on them - I personally enjoy some Hello Project stuff, but they are idols - you watch them do cute dances and think they're cute and you jump up and down doing Wotagei for them. May'n is a SONGSTRESS! (sure, BoA got a lot more famous at a younger age, but I am still not terribly convinced about her)

And she's only 18. WTFBBQ (mind you, turning 19 soon on Oct 21! We should have a mini-celebration) - that's like 2 months younger than my sister and she's already so well-established in her singing? That totally blows my mind away. Ya you can say I have become a hardcore fan of hers.

Speaking of buying CDs, I got mine from HMV and they're mad fast. Shipped my Nyan Tora (+SRW Z + Hirano Aya's Namida single + JAM Project new single) on Monday through EMS and it arrived Wednesday noon (in the US). So effectively I got my copy the same day as Japan
Old 2008-10-09, 03:55   Link #1057
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Quote:
I mean I knew she sang well before, but the more I listened to her, the more I looked at her live footage (from Youtube and Nico video), I can for sure say that there are no JPop singer of her age with the same level of vocal range, depth and power in her voice, and puts quite as much emotion into her singing. I mean, 18 year old & under out there in the JPop world. What's there? Hello Project? Berryz? PULLLLEEASSSEEEEE. Not to beat on them - I personally enjoy some Hello Project stuff, but they are idols - you watch them do cute dances and think they're cute and you jump up and down doing Wotagei for them. May'n is a SONGSTRESS! (sure, BoA got a lot more famous at a younger age, but I am still not terribly convinced about her)
Same here, same here. Even though she has an ordinary voice, her vocal range is amazing and all her songs are so rich in emotion. And I get what you want to say in your post. Most of young j-pop artists (or idol to be frank...) sell image only. I found only a few of them having a good voice and likable songs. May'n is one of the young singer that I anticipate to grow from now on. And I will say she can success if she keeps improving from now on!

(Heh, BoA sure does have a good voice-like Megumi, but wasn't memorable enough for me 'cept for Inuyasha ED theme at that time )

Quote:
And she's only 18. WTFBBQ (mind you, turning 19 soon on Oct 21! We should have a mini-celebration) - that's like 2 months younger than my sister and she's already so well-established in her singing? That totally blows my mind away. Ya you can say I have become a hardcore fan of hers.
Hehe, it's good to see a hardcore supporter of May'n. She deserve to get more! (And she is going to have her birthday on 21st of October? This calls for a huge celebration on 21st!)

Quote:
Speaking of buying CDs, I got mine from HMV and they're mad fast. Shipped my Nyan Tora (+SRW Z + Hirano Aya's Namida single + JAM Project new single) on Monday through EMS and it arrived Wednesday noon (in the US). So effectively I got my copy the same day as Japan
HMV shipped it? Here's hoping that my region's would ship it too I'm sure I will cash that one even though I have dl-ed it People, SUPPORT NYAN-TRA OST! *Waves Pom-pom*

Old 2008-10-09, 04:26   Link #1058
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Heh, I love BoA's Duvet (so does my daughter - it was the first foreign song she learned how to hum and actually sing a few verses). Never did care much for most of her other songs, myself.

Hope May'n doesn't turn out like her. I want to keep enjoying her work.

EDIT ADD: Someone just pointed out to me that the Bôa I was referring to originally is a british alternative band, not the korean singer. I'll just hang out in the corner and claim ignorance.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-09, 04:31   Link #1059
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

wtf.... may'n is only 18 :O
that's incredible.
her voice certainly doesnt match her age.
Old 2008-10-09, 07:09   Link #1060
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
wtf.... may'n is only 18 :O
that's incredible.
her voice certainly doesnt match her age.
Yes, that was my initial thought as well.

Now here is the kicker... Megumi is older than May'n.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
music