AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 09:25   Link #41
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueWitch View Post
I already have the latest directX, ver 11.
Well, Well, Well, talking about backward compatibility. My OS is still Window XP but I search about it a bit.

http://www.ihaveapc.com/2010/11/how-...-in-windows-7/

Basically, update DirectX and re-install game again. Hope that helps.
Old 2011-08-14, 10:17   Link #42
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
How does the multiplayer work? Locally or through internet? If latter, how do you set it up?
Go to the config thing in the game folder and set controls for 2p or 3p. Game can't be open though when you do it.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 12:13   Link #43
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
How does the multiplayer work? Locally or through internet? If latter, how do you set it up?
Locally. Just access the Config file and mapping the key for player 2 and 3, then when you are in character selecting screen, those 2 players only need to press the confirm button to join the game.

Well, had a lot of fun when playing with my friends. It's kinda chaotic and the bosses are easy with 3 players. Game is short, though.
Old 2011-08-14, 15:02   Link #44
Shadow5YA

For those who want to face Oktavia, I'd recommend grinding some levels in the normal stages first. Oktavia is always Lv35 no matter when you face her. She's available whenever Sayaka dies, so get some levels in first.

Long range is recommended, unless you want to get one-shotted by her sword slam.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 16:52   Link #45
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Can't seem to open 'ConfigTool.exe', double click, nothing happened. Running Win XP.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 17:34   Link #46
dr_marronflower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno
Can't seem to open 'ConfigTool.exe', double click, nothing happened. Running Win XP.
Try changing the compatibiliy settings to Win2000. Worked like a charm for me.

Also... I finally beated all stages with only Mami!! Yeay!!! Happy ending!! I beated the destiny!! I fighted the power!!!
Old 2011-08-14, 17:46   Link #47
Mizuno
Undefined

Thanks, that worked.

If only there's a way to save my progress..
Old 2011-08-14, 18:44   Link #48
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Thanks, that worked.

If only there's a way to save my progress..
The game autosaves when you beat a lap.

Also to everyone, some cool facts.

When you beat your first lap, you then can start from the 5th lap. Beat the 5th lap, and you can play the 26th lap. Beat the 26th lap, then you can play the 677th lap. And from 677th lap....to 2602nd lap...

From the 26th lap on, enemies have a lot more health and they will ALWAYS one-shot kill you, no exceptions. Boss fights are of course much much harder.

The 677th lap is ridiculous. I saw a stream of 3 people playing it with Madoka, Homu, and Kyouko. Enemies have a ridiculous amount of health to the point that bigger enemies take like 5 minutes of constant juggling before they die. Gertrud has such a massive amount of health that even after 10 minutes of time stopping and arrow storm spamming, Gertrud's health bar barely budges. Pretty much to survive these high laps, you need Homura. Her timestop is key to survival and there's absolutely no chance of success without her.

Somehow i saw a picture in /jp/ and apparently someone completed it and that unlocks the 2602nd lap...It might be a photoshop, but if its real, I can't even imagine how difficult that is.
Old 2011-08-15, 00:38   Link #49
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
The 677th lap is ridiculous. I saw a stream of 3 people playing it with Madoka, Homu, and Kyouko. Enemies have a ridiculous amount of health to the point that bigger enemies take like 5 minutes of constant juggling before they die. Gertrud has such a massive amount of health that even after 10 minutes of time stopping and arrow storm spamming, Gertrud's health bar barely budges. Pretty much to survive these high laps, you need Homura. Her timestop is key to survival and there's absolutely no chance of success without her.

Somehow i saw a picture in /jp/ and apparently someone completed it and that unlocks the 2602nd lap...It might be a photoshop, but if its real, I can't even imagine how difficult that is.
Game hack is the only way to beat it. <_<
Old 2011-08-15, 01:27   Link #50
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

To those wondering how the lap unlocking works, there is a formula.

It goes by this: x^2 + 1 = c

So 1st lap = 1^2 + 1 = 2. Unlocks up to 2nd lap

2nd lap = 2^2 + 1 = 5. Unlocks up to 5th lap

5th lap = 5^2 + 1 = 26. Unlocks up to 26th lap

And so on and so forth. There seems to be no limit to the highest lap you can get.

And of course, the game gets progressively harder the higher you go.

Saw someone stream a fight with Oktavia at lvl 1000ish. Its so fucking ridiculous

To everyone: For detailed information on everything in the game, visit the wiki which we now have a page for

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Grief_Syndrome
Old 2011-08-15, 03:15   Link #51
Mitsu Aoi
Undine in the box T_T

Send a message via Yahoo to Mitsu Aoi
Something quick I just made up
A little review and some opinion about the characters.

Akemi Homura: "TOKI WO TOMARE"
With her Time Stop Special you can think of a lot variation of spamming her attacks on the screen. Sadly she has the least Soul Limit count. Using her Special for escape purpose gives you the mind set to play safe.

Kyouko Sakura: "Crowd Control Meister"
Her normal and especially her strong attack safely covers in all specific directions.
At first I found her special to be useless but found out that it was to help her safely charge her Strong Attack.

Kaname Madoka: "Boss Killer"
Oh please don't tell me I'm not the only one who thinks she's like Rockman. Her Normal Attack is chargeable and can focus to one of 3 directions. While her Strong Attack is an effective Straight line penetrating single arrow shot. I dubbed her as a boss killer for her low cost Arrow Shower special.

Mami Tomoe: "Tricky Elegance"
The trickiest character in my opinion. I can only think of her forward [X] as her strongest trait. While her normal acts as both melee and mid range attack. She has the most double edge special though I can say it has the largest screen coverage attack.

Sayaka Miki: "Blue Saber"
Agile and mobility is her best asset while her attacks only focus in a minimal range but thanks to her moveset she dance and fight her enemies. My fingers are stressed using her really... If used wisely you can finish a stage with less soul consumption.

Canned Tomato Soup and Avocado Flavored Noodles are her favorites.
Mitsu Aoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 03:59   Link #52
zato_1one

After defeating lap 26, I confirm HomuHomu is the best Meduka. She has everything to control the situation. The only down point is that she has the lowest soul limit which can easily KO you in higher lap. This game is so much fun, I wish that Tasofro will release an update for more stage and may be more character (Megane-HomuHomu and Homura with bow) in the future.

I do want to support the developers. This game deserve it. Does Tasofro sell their game via online?
Old 2011-08-15, 04:40   Link #53
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Kyouko and Sayaka are both monsters.

Homura....potentially the most destructive of the lot....IF HER SOUL DIDN'T RUN OUT SO FAST...
Old 2011-08-15, 16:32   Link #54
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Game hack is the only way to beat it. <_<
Well people have to remember that this game was never really meant to be played solo you have to have a team or it really dose become impossible...

I actually do wonder if it's possible to mode the game at all? Maybe someone can make an online play patch and set up a privet server?
Old 2011-08-15, 16:42   Link #55
Xacual

I'm just not good with Mami. I just hate her move set, not enough range and her melee just isn't that good either.

Who do you guys think is best for WN? I tried Homura but I died a lot to the random stuff before the fight so I didn't get to her in good condition.

Edit: Nm used Madoka and got it pretty easily, her special is kind of OP.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy

Last edited by Xacual; 2011-08-15 at 17:02.
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 17:28   Link #56
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Once you learn how to do mortar/grenade spam and rocket canceling with Homura, she is pretty powerful. Walburger Night is also the easiest boss in the game. Pretty easy to dodge everything, especially with Homura.

Also, the best way to play as Mami is to jump cancel her forward strong attack and up strong attack. She's still the hardest character to use but she becomes a lot more effective using cancels.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-08-15 at 20:40.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 17:32   Link #57
Mizuno
Undefined

She's also a huge target. Just have to stay clear of her beam/flame and watch out for that giant building debris.
Old 2011-08-15, 17:44   Link #58
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoWPzyVaaCs#t=6m42s

What song is this?

Other videos of this boss battle do not have that song.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 17:46   Link #59
Tainaka
Enpatsu Shakugan

I really wish people wouldn't bash Mami in this game. It's like that's all I see everywhere I look, lol. She's the hardest to master and that's about it. Once you can master her she's downright amazing. Especially that Tiro Finale!

I feel like I'm the only one that feels that way. You can combo with her really well if you just know what the heck you're doing

I beat a few laps using just her in order to get better. Just takes time.
Mami = for the more skilled (or so I believe) :P
Tainaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 18:20   Link #60
dr_marronflower

I like to use Mami. She's tricky to use, and one must be extra careful, deaths consume a lot of Soul Power. But she's great for juggling the enemies. And the full charged unlimited flintlocks works deals quite a punch.
I used to keep diying in WN, but's my fault, not Mami. Syndrome of Im-gonna-win-yeah!-crap-I-did-something-really-stupid-like-falling-in-the-hole! ><