AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-26, 20:25   Link #1081
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
I have this info from Koyama Shigeto, one of the designers, during Fanime
Thanks for the attribution, Mate.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 00:42   Link #1082
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
You know, no one's mentioned those pulses of light we've seen in between each event in the dream sequence and how they get stronger and brighter just before Ao wakes up...
Well, I think no one mentioned those because it was kinda obvious, as was the fact that the "dream" started out with a very slight flashback style color tint, but as it progressed the colors got more and more washed out, indicating that the reality was wearing off. The direction on the show does have really nice touches.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 03:42   Link #1083
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyr Valein View Post
You know, no one's mentioned those pulses of light we've seen in between each event in the dream sequence and how they get stronger and brighter just before Ao wakes up...
They were different colored takes on the A-B segment catches. They mean something, but it's hard to say what that is.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 07:58   Link #1084
lightbringer
M9000

Whoa. Bet noone saw THAT second half coming. Not sure where this is really going right now but having Naru part of the plot again is ten times better than having her on the sidelines, stuck back home and offscreen. Though her re-introduction wasn't exactly as I expected it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 14:59   Link #1085
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
It seems a tad too detailed and conventional to be an animation error, it's probably intentional. After the scene with three seats, it shows the nirvash flying for a second before it passes behind a building.

Spoiler:
As others have said this is the same BONES that gave us this:
Spoiler for Un-Go:

So don't be so quick to discount what looks at first glance like a major animation error.

Also: I find it odd no one mentioned Gazelle at all. He was also on the "dream" and thinking back to what happened at generation blue. I know AO is the main character but that particular bit also caught my interest since I'm still trying to figure out his role in the story post-gundam'jack post-nirvash'jack.

As for my thoughts on the story has a whole I'm getting less and less sure that this is a prequel and I'm starting to bet that we're going into full mind-blowing mode. It may last a couple of eps or it might lead straight to the finale but either way let's just enjoy the ride and save the opinions to the end. I still hope that all will be clearer in the future.

And remember those words: "This world is erroneous"

Last edited by Dextro; 2012-05-27 at 15:04. Reason: Some more thoughts
Dextro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 15:24   Link #1086
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Also: I find it odd no one mentioned Gazelle at all. He was also on the "dream" and thinking back to what happened at generation blue. I know AO is the main character but that particular bit also caught my interest since I'm still trying to figure out his role in the story post-gundam'jack post-nirvash'jack.
Gazelle is only in the dream as a means to get Naru up in the air. His role is limited there. His scene with his father happens before the dream starts.
Old 2012-05-28, 01:22   Link #1087
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Yep this is going to be one of those shows where getting through it is just a sheer matter of having faith that anything about it will make a whole lot of sense in the end. Sure hope they know where they're going with this or that we maybe can have an arc that lasts longer than an episode again to slow things down a touch for everybody to get their bearings cause right now I'm not sure I'm feeling it when it comes to this show and where it's been the past month or so.

The problem is that the whole make everything as confusing as possbile, but drop in clues as to what is going on approach doesn't really make for much of a connection to the audience. I think we're in for a roller coaster ride if nothing else.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:32   Link #1088
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I, for one, am seriously confused, but still enjoying it.

Even if the Naru who went willingly is real, I don't think of her as a "bitch." She had a big revelation (more than just flying) and the world changed for her. It happens.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:37   Link #1089
Destined_Fate

It makes sense that Naru left, all her life she's been in pain and this mysterious person appears ad suddenly she doesn't need medicine and feels alive. Than there's the part that she can fly now, so it makes sense she would be extremely interested in this person who just made her life a whole lot better in a few minutes while for years no one else has been able to help her. Than there was that flashback where she saw that person, the sea giant, from when she was a girl.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 02:39   Link #1090
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Fan reaction to Naru after this ep reminds me of the whole "Nagi isn't a virgin!" kerfuffle.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 02:49   Link #1091
leokiko

If it was revealed that she wasn't a virgin, and I kind of freak out because of her age....O.o. But what she did felt really wrong because she basically betrayed the person that was always there for her, Ao.

Nevertheless, it feels good to have her back on the plot, and now Ao has an clear objective in front of him.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 02:53   Link #1092
Gohan78
Awakened One

I was honestly enjoying this show until they introduced Truth.
I strongly dislike overpowered villains like him because they can only be defeated through sheer stupidity on their part, or the use of a deus-ex-machina.
Truth can apparently shapeshift into anyone he desires, he flies and he makes things explode just by pointing a finger. How do you defeat such a monster? I feel like he doesn't belong in this show but in something like X-Men.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 06:29   Link #1093
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ever since the first series...... i've always thought that Nirvash..... was kinda moe.... yeah....... seriously...... & i myself still don't know why..... to this day.......
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 06:32   Link #1094
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I strongly dislike overpowered villains like him because they can only be defeated through sheer stupidity on their part, or the use of a deus-ex-machina.
Truth can apparently shapeshift into anyone he desires, he flies and he makes things explode just by pointing a finger. How do you defeat such a monster? I feel like he doesn't belong in this show but in something like X-Men.
Well, tbh I got the same feeling, but since we don't really know where the show is going I'm not thinking about that by now. We don't have a clue but the "This world is erroneous" line. So even the overpowered Truth could be different from what he appear. (Ok, I don't believe it myself, but who knows?). But anyways I got the feeling that he is not the real enemy just because he is way too strong.

About Naru I'm sticking with the E7 rule that Guardian Enzo has already stated, they will be together, so, having even a different route for the main heroine, for once, would be something intriguing (again, I don't believe it myself, but who knows ).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 08:21   Link #1095
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Yep this is going to be one of those shows where getting through it is just a sheer matter of having faith that anything about it will make a whole lot of sense in the end. Sure hope they know where they're going with this or that we maybe can have an arc that lasts longer than an episode again to slow things down a touch for everybody to get their bearings cause right now I'm not sure I'm feeling it when it comes to this show and where it's been the past month or so.

The problem is that the whole make everything as confusing as possbile, but drop in clues as to what is going on approach doesn't really make for much of a connection to the audience. I think we're in for a roller coaster ride if nothing else.
So it's pretty much exactly like Eureka 7 is what you're saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Have you met Norb?
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 11:39   Link #1096
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
So it's pretty much exactly like Eureka 7 is what you're saying

Have you met Norb?
Uh pretty much yeah. A lot of people remember Eureka Seven as it was when they finished it, but I definitely recall having no idea what was going on and feeling the series didn't have much direction until about the 2nd Acperience episode and when they got out of that cave. That's the point where all the pieces started falling a little more into place. I think this may have been the equivalent of an Acperience, albeit it with the Truth who kind of seems like he's going to be a lame villain. Just a prediction, I bet Ao finds some way to deal with him really easily, but only at the end of the show and it's something involving Naru.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 13:58   Link #1097
Destined_Fate

I stopped trying to understand Eureka 7 when things started getting really weird.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 03:03   Link #1098
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Truth absolutely pawned everyone and owned the seventh episode.

Exactly, I lost track of sense and reality when Truth embraced Ao inside his Reality Marble where space, time, and memories all intermingled.

Nevertheless, my hunch was right about Truth he might or knows something about Eureka, because he kept addressing Ao as that woman's child piloting that woman's machine.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 08:32   Link #1099
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Norb is not even close to Truth, come on. He didn't have unlimited power that allowed him to manipulate whatever he wants into being whatever he wants. He was a badass monk archetype who failed what the lead heroes had to do while Truth is a walking Mary Sue that is shown to be a practically unstoppable entity the first second he's shown. Norb was only able to manipulate Scub Coral and what was relevant to it.

And... I'll get into how different KSE7 confusing and AO's confusing is if the show keeps going on this track but the basic idea here is that KSE7 had simplier and relatable dramas to support all the weighty setting where AO has a bunch of characters I don't give a damn about because the show doesn't want me to.
Quote:
The problem is that the whole make everything as confusing as possbile, but drop in clues as to what is going on approach doesn't really make for much of a connection to the audience.
This. There must be something else.

Last edited by Daniel Lind; 2012-05-31 at 08:43.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-31, 14:27   Link #1100
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Heh, didn't expect to see my old screenshot from UN-GO pop up here again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Gazelle is only in the dream as a means to get Naru up in the air. His role is limited there. His scene with his father happens before the dream starts.
Technically his scene isn't "before the dream starts," the entire B-side was the dream so I think that he (as well as Naru and Ao) really was there (especially since that coral plant in the dream seemed to exist in reality as well, the one that made everyone except Gazelle's dad give up the idea of independence and had him begging for Gazelle to come back).
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen