Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-01-08, 20:46   Link #13161
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Do you have patience? Playing a TD needs patience.
I mostly play as second line/sniper/support fire. So I guess I have that.
Old 2015-01-09, 01:30   Link #13162
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I'm starting to remember why I never got very far with my IS-2; I really suck at heavy tanks. I'm pretty decent at side scraping but I constantly end up in some stupid forward position that leads to my early death.

My total failure at heavy tanking got my looking at my games played by tank type. Apparently of my 9000 games less than 1000 of those are in heavy tanks. Also, a fair portion of those games were the very first tanks I played when I was totally clueless.

Now I just need to play around 400 more heavy tank games to make that SPG part of my pie graph the smallest
Old 2015-01-09, 02:55   Link #13163
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The only TD that encourages aggressive play is the E-25.
And the AT2, T67, AT8, Hellcat, AT7, SU-122-44, Jagdtiger 8.8, Jagdpanther II, Charioteer, T30, T95, Object 263, T110E4, and T110E3.

Also the WT Pz. IV can do some retardedly aggressive maneuvers with its small size, camo, speed and turret.

With the new brawling meta forced by the new corridor maps and changes to existing maps, pure sniper TDs like the SU-122-54 are becoming less and less relevant. Just sitting back in a camping spot and waiting for the other tanks to light up the enemy before smashing them with your big gun from 500m away doesn't happen nearly as much as it used to. It's more rewarding these days to be able to take your TD right behind the first line of tanks and get up close and personal with your big gun.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 05:23   Link #13164
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

I decided to play the German TD line. What are its good points?
Old 2015-01-09, 05:54   Link #13165
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle's Nest View Post
I decided to play the German TD line.
Which one?
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 11:35   Link #13166
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
I decided to play the German TD line. What are its good points?
From the Marder 38t onwards: non-existent armor, but powerful guns (teir top guns tend to be 2 tier higher than the rest). The tier 10 is a hulking autoloader behemoth that can destroy the mayority (if not all) of other tier 10 with one clip, also has a turret that moves 360° but has paper armor that even a tier 1 tank can pen.

From the Hetzer onwards: Well armored and decent guns for the tier. The tier 10 is as tall as a building but VERY well armored. Also is slow as hell and has 0 camo. But that gun can ruin the day of anyone who's stupid enough to fight one face to face.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 12:43   Link #13167
Gravitas Free Zone

Picked up the first Mark of Excellence on the T1 Heavy Tank while grinding the crew during this event. Mildly surprised, though I do have a 62% WR in it over 87 games. I suppose that it helped that I actually finished the primary USA heavy line a long time ago and then went back to the T1 HT afterward.

My equipment loadout for it for the first 40 games or so was vents, rammer, GLD. I switched vents to coated optics then, but I really don't think that the 33 meters of extra view range has actually helped that much, so I'm going to switch back to vents. The crew did finally get to their first 100% on secondary skills but I need to train up repairs again after switching perks in. Deadeye worked pretty well on the KV-1 and Churchill with high-ROF guns, should be similar here.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 12:51   Link #13168
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
And the AT2, T67, AT8, Hellcat, AT7, SU-122-44, Jagdtiger 8.8, Jagdpanther II, Charioteer, T30, T95, Object 263, T110E4, and T110E3.

Also the WT Pz. IV can do some retardedly aggressive maneuvers with its small size, camo, speed and turret.
But how many of those do you think encourages facehug (out in the open, no less)?

The E-25 can face hug so many tanks and have the latter miss shots its not even funny. The most deadly is when an E-25 mysteriously end up behind you. Oh boy...

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2015-01-09 at 15:05.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 19:06   Link #13169
Chevalier
Rhein-kun
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desu View Post

I'm starting to remember why I never got very far with my IS-2; I really suck at heavy tanks. I'm pretty decent at side scraping but I constantly end up in some stupid forward position that leads to my early death.

My total failure at heavy tanking got my looking at my games played by tank type. Apparently of my 9000 games less than 1000 of those are in heavy tanks. Also, a fair portion of those games were the very first tanks I played when I was totally clueless.

Now I just need to play around 400 more heavy tank games to make that SPG part of my pie graph the smallest

I,too, sucked at Heavy Tanks. I`m only in good Mediums
Chevalier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-09, 20:20   Link #13170
Gravitas Free Zone

Masochism: I unlocked the Challenger today. I'm going to see if I can get to the Charioteer without using free XP beyond what I put in for the suspension and final turret.

Hey, I did the T25/2 the hard way also.
Old 2015-01-09, 22:50   Link #13171
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Do I still get free xp in my elite tank even with ACT activated?
Old 2015-01-09, 23:00   Link #13172
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Do I still get free xp in my elite tank even with ACT activated?
Accelerate crew training will stop experience going to your convertible pool but you will still get the 5% free experience as normal
Old 2015-01-10, 06:49   Link #13173
Pen3

I just have 3 nations left to finish the WZ-111 mission, but damn the kills come hard.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-10, 21:23   Link #13174
Desu
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I finally picked up the ace mastery in the RU251 with what was probably one of my best light tank games. Despite not doing that much damage and 0 spotting I managed to clean up at the end when it was something like 2vs6 then 1vs4.

For once I was patient and kept changing flanks allowing me to get behind each of the remaining tank destroyers one after another.

I'm not sure if anyone ever watches these but here is a replay.
Old 2015-01-11, 01:31   Link #13175
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Just realized that I could actually buy premium ammo with credits, albeit expensive. All this time I thought it was only payable with gold (which I don't have).

God, I'm such a noob.

Well, let's get back to Tier III...
Old 2015-01-11, 22:03   Link #13176
Tak

This may be a little off topic, but look at what beautiful birds are in my hanger

Spoiler for Glorious War Birds:

- Tak (You know you want to fly!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2015-01-11, 22:10   Link #13177
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

I could go back to WoWp, but the feeling to have to start from tier 1 makes me feel a little... defeated (in CBT I got to tier 8)

Just a question, does WoWp has mods?
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-11, 22:49   Link #13178
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Just a question, does WoWp has mods?
Short answer is no.

Several are in development, such as voice over from Strike Witches.

I also hate to admit it, but it has a pathetically low player base of 600 ~ 800+ on a daily basis, or less than 1/10 of WoT's population

- Tak

Old 2015-01-12, 22:28   Link #13179
Gravitas Free Zone

I did a quick-and-dirty tweak to the Tech Garage, swapping out the WoT logo and original flags for a GuP theme.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Since texturing is not really a skill area for me, there's still a trace of the original normal map on the door, but it takes a bit of looking.
Old 2015-01-12, 22:55   Link #13180
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Having a blast with my Marder II right now. I think I'm slowly getting the gist playing TDs...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks