AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 20 20.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 17.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 5.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 5.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.09%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.06%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.03%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-24, 08:06   Link #101
HelpeRX

Epic

This episode was just virtually beautiful words alone cannot explain it. Incest love no it was not incest because Inori is who she is. Mana is who mana is and in the end she choose to be herself and for that true love shu she gave up who she had became. This for one was not incest. And they are the opposites mana and inori. Mana turns people to crystal and inori undoes it. Also remeber Gai said that you are the same as us a monster, the rebrought gai is different then what the original is and does not have his heart but inori CHOSE who she wanted to be. Mewtwo was a clone of a pokemon but that does not make his existence a mere copy.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:23   Link #102
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Once Shu was betrayed... the entire cast of characters got whatever plot armor they had on melted away. They're all game now. No one is safe.

Gai took out Shu's old mooks. It turns out that betraying Shu was worse than just letting Shu save everyone and forgetting about what happened and going home.

Did the old dude have to eat lead? Come on. We knew Arisa was damned when she desecrated her body and stabbed Shu in the back. Gotta really rub it in? Now she's jealous of Inori.

Daryl and Tsugumi are going to die holding hands... I'd bet on it.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shu and Inori/Mana are altered clones of Kurosu and Haruka respectively.

I think this could be one of those stories that will only make sense when you see the ending. Some stuff in older episodes doesn't make sense because there is no context to them. It's also very likely that is doesn't make any sense at all at the end.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:40   Link #103
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Now this is starting to get confusing. Its hard to be sure who is on whose side now. For all we know, due to some weird inner power, Shu will regrow his hand and from that he receives a 'level-up' in power. Just saying.
Old 2012-02-24, 08:42   Link #104
HelpeRX

Re

Since when is Shu piccolo?
Old 2012-02-24, 08:53   Link #105
Soji

HelpeRX@Never underestimate a guy who wants back the girl he loves.
Look just what Inori do in this ep for him.
I'm sure Shu will be no less for her sake
Old 2012-02-24, 08:57   Link #106
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
BTW, it kinda occurred to me that the ones Shu is apologizing to are the innocent bystanders like that "random character" you mentioned serenade_beta.
Nah, I think he's apologizing to us, the viewers. Or so I'd like to think. I really enjoy this show but man does everyone involved have some real apologizing to do .

But about your other points: on the one hand you're right about how Inori's transforms have all been foreshadowed, etc., before now. On the other hand, the writers *still* aren't as on top of it as they really should've been; they've been a bit sloppy with her character leading up to now.

The main thing that's bugging me here is that for her story leading up to this point to make sense, it pretty much has to be the case for Inori that (a) she could go into "beast mode" before (and has done so in the past), (b) she was conscious when in "beast mode" and would remember what she did, (c) the Funeral Parlor leadership knew she could go into "beast mode" and had her do so on some missions.

But, the past few episodes make more sense if you assume the "crystal-blade beast mode" is a new thing for Inori, largely due to Mana waking back up. So the show comes across as a bit inconsistent on this point, foreshadowing or no foreshadowing; it's trying to have its cake -- Inori mastering her "monster mode" recently -- and eat it too -- her being implied to have had some kind of "monster mode" from the very beginning.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:04   Link #107
Trudinh

this is why i think ever anime out there should have some romance~love in it. most anime i watch is about a guy who save a girl who he just meet and say "he save her cause she is his friend"

I mean that an OK reason but alot of anime out there over use it too much, how about make it that he save her cause he love her.

Anyway overall pretty good episode, How does Inori have that power? I guess it from mana pass down to her? Is Inori being control by Mana or is it just her inner Evilself is taking over when she kill those guy and try to seduce shu in a creepy way (lucky he stop her). Question still ask why is Inori Void a sword? What will Shu do next?
Old 2012-02-24, 09:05   Link #108
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

this is it!!!!
I think this is a very short episode.... but this is where Guilty Crown shows that they are different with Code Geass

Funeral Parlor members still got their sense and have highest possibility as Shu's support
Nanba and his team got killed.... (omg... I'm so happy)... and Arisa is completely broken... never expect she will become like this... totally worth to be killed

Gai is totally badass.... and Inori is too lovely.... Finally after 18 episode, I can see her inner feeling. Once again, Shu is saved by Inori.... and hopefully this is really the last time...

I like Inori's virus form.... and of course I like Shu's eyes in the end of episode... both of them are just full of determination

please don't do something disappointing in future episode.... this is the climax and we totally don't want to watch a messed up show
Old 2012-02-24, 09:08   Link #109
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
this is it!!!!
I think this is a very short episode.... but this is where Guilty Crown shows that they are different with Code Geass

Funeral Parlor members still got their sense and have highest possibility as Shu's support
Nanba and his team got killed.... (omg... I'm so happy)... and Arisa is completely broken... never expect she will become like this... totally worth to be killed

Gai is totally badass.... and Inori is too lovely.... Finally after 18 episode, I can see her inner feeling. Once again, Shu is saved by Inori.... and hopefully this is really the last time...

I like Inori's virus form.... and of course I like Shu's eyes in the end of episode... both of them are just full of determination

please don't do something disappointing in future episode.... this is the climax and we totally don't want to watch a messed up show
i think the only reason Arisa is helping Gai is that she love him. She did have feeling for him back at the boat party. and i think she Jealous for Inori for getting all of the intention
Old 2012-02-24, 09:27   Link #110
Soji

~Yami~@ This just show us how much they are important to eachother. Shu eyes just tell you that he will take back Inori.(power or not power).
And I'm sure he don't care about inori virus(moster) form.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:30   Link #111
DarkyPwnz
Likely To End Up In Jail

I approve of the hand-rocket.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:33   Link #112
Trudinh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
~Yami~@ This just show us how much they are important to eachother. Shu eyes just tell you that he will take back Inori.(power or not power).
And I'm sure he don't care about inori virus(moster) form.
In doing so he will gain a new powers, or ending up saving inori but didn't succeed and got hurt in front of inori making her go crazy and killing everyone with her power.
Old 2012-02-24, 09:44   Link #113
Soji

Trudinh@ Pretty much or they go like in the op (virus chrysalis mode) and shu come back from there with the new arm.(thanks to inori).
One thing it's sure next ep will be really interesting .
Old 2012-02-24, 09:54   Link #114
Trudinh

ya unless the director decide to put a filler in, then everyone would be so disappointed. an episode that recap everything that happen so far, OHHHHH I WOULD BE SOO MAD.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:24   Link #115
Sixth
Hu Tao

Now I think that 22 episodes are too short. It needs at least 24 or 26 episodes.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:30   Link #116
Azuma Denton
~AD~

1st minute of this episode, i yelled "Aw yeah, this is what you guys deserved."
Karma sure works fine this time...

And congratz to Arisa for becoming the biggest douchebag in this serie only in 3 episode...
You really deserve it...

My bet is, Shu will lead Undertaker against Gai...
Old 2012-02-24, 10:32   Link #117
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
1st minute of this episode, i yelled "Aw yeah, this is what you guys deserved."
Karma sure works fine this time...

And congratz to Arisa for becoming the biggest douchebag in this serie only in 3 episode...
You really deserve it...

My bet is, Shu will lead Undertaker against Gai...
Shu lead Undertaker? It is more like Undertaker beg Shu to lead them, and Shu will humbly refuses their offer.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:39   Link #118
Soji

Well for Shu the most important thing now is Take back Inori.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:46   Link #119
Trudinh

well of course, they love each other, inori even kiss shu to prove it. too bad he wasn't awake.
Old 2012-02-24, 10:56   Link #120
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Damn it... GHQ just die already and Mana go away from Inori I hope Shu and Inori can live on together after this :/
More DarylxTsugumi ! He won't be allowed to pilot again, right ?

This anime is just sad :[ Death flags all over the place !!!