Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-05, 04:30   Link #281
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireDetei View Post
just a thought, could have been mentioned but i didn't see it. . . . But couldn't orihime use her powers to revert ichigo back to what he once was all of 5mins previous?
^^only if it's suits Kubo's intentions. Because though there's nothing to technically disprove the possibility, Kubo's come up with BS to deny Orihime's abilities before. Chapter 277 alludes to one possible explanation. Kubo also never did provide a clear explanation behind why she wasn't able to simply bring Ichigo back from the dead during the final battle against Ulquiorra. So it's all up to Kubo (for better or for worse).
Old 2010-10-05, 19:31   Link #282
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
The ending will reveal that Aizen is really the main character, and all of Bleach was simply a simulation he was doing with his Bankai Ability; which makes a perfect simulation of life itself from any point in time or any decision he makes; thus allowing him to manipulate everything he comes across and never lose.

I actually wouldn't complain.

Aizen: "Okay, that didn't work out so well. Time for Simulation #4678243; this time, NOT turning into a butterfly."
Sounds like aizen has a bankai that generates a weried sims3 expansion pack
(dont tell me you havent ever tryed to make bleach sims, i did it with sims,sims2 and sims3 though)

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2010-10-05, 20:39   Link #283
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis62 View Post
In the words of Langus...it's "Deicide", not Decide.
Just looking at your last few posts on the subject, I just want to make sure you realize that the Deicide chapter titles aren't translations. Kubo writes nearly all of his chapter titles in English. One of the few things he does well (if not always regularly) is make meaningful (or at least poetic) chapter titles in a language foreign to him. And "deicide" had a fairly obvious connotation from the beginning.

Plus "Soul Reaper" is actually quite an apt translation of "shinigami". "Shinigami" (lit. "death god") in Japanese culture tend to be roughly analogous to the Grim Reaper, or Angels of Death in Western cultures. One of the universal roles of all of them, shared by the shinigami of Bleach, is to collect (reap) the souls of the dead, and/or lead them to the afterlife.
Old 2010-10-07, 23:30   Link #284
Anubis62

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Just looking at your last few posts on the subject, I just want to make sure you realize that the Deicide chapter titles aren't translations. Kubo writes nearly all of his chapter titles in English. One of the few things he does well (if not always regularly) is make meaningful (or at least poetic) chapter titles in a language foreign to him. And "deicide" had a fairly obvious connotation from the beginning.

Plus "Soul Reaper" is actually quite an apt translation of "shinigami". "Shinigami" (lit. "death god") in Japanese culture tend to be roughly analogous to the Grim Reaper, or Angels of Death in Western cultures. One of the universal roles of all of them, shared by the shinigami of Bleach, is to collect (reap) the souls of the dead, and/or lead them to the afterlife.
Okay then; but I never really denied the whole "Deicide" thing. I think it's suiting. I simply had not heard any facts on the matter previously and thus was (is) slightly skeptical. To me, I don't really care if the chapters are called "Return of the Cotton Candy Rabbit". Sure, there's merit (in fact, almost compulsion) in poetic and meaningful chapter titles, but that's not a rule in the literal sense of the word.

On the subject of Soul Reapers. Same thing. Also, I've made that same correlation before (what intelligent person wouldn't?)...but it just doesn't stick. I'll take your explanation and put it towards ease of mind.

p.s. Deicide is now one of my favorite words.
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chaapter