AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

Old 2006-09-17, 17:54   Link #21
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

^ Hm, when you mean manga adaption, does it mean that they are also making a manga version out of it?

As for another season, I have read somewhere that details in the novel that the story surpasses the anime. Im not asking for another season but...why make the novel further when anime should end like...in the middle?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 19:32   Link #22
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
^ Hm, when you mean manga adaption, does it mean that they are also making a manga version out of it?
A manga version of the novel, yes. It's currently being serialized on Media Factory's newly created monthly magazine, Comic Alive, which is a magazine created primarily to carry manga adaptations of MF Bunko J light novels (Zero no Tsukaima is one of them).

But manga adaptations of light novels/bishojo games don't usually last very long (unless it's a really famous series), and normally end once there's enough chapters for a volume or two. In other words, don't expect the manga to be a replacement for the novel.

Quote:
As for another season, I have read somewhere that details in the novel that the story surpasses the anime. Im not asking for another season but...why make the novel further when anime should end like...in the middle?
What do you mean? The novels aren't written so there would be an anime adaptation, you know. There are hundreds of light novels out there, but only a handful ever gets animated.

Just like most animes adaptations of an ongoing series (Shana, Haruhi, Zero, etc.), since there's no clear ending, the animation staff would have to determine a suitable cut-off point for the anime to end. It is the animation staff's duty to follow the original novel and see how far they would want to take their adaptation.

The novels (original story), on the other hand, can go on for as long as the authors want. The fact that an anime adaptation exists for their novel doesn't mean anything (besides giving them a big morale boost and more publicity).
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-17, 19:49   Link #23
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Why make the manga version when they already are making the novel?. Im confuse on this manga-novel system. Speaking of this, kinda reminds me of Ah! My Goddess, they have novel for it if i recall, and not long ago I see a couple of manga volume adaptions to the novel for AMG =O.

Question: Is there english translation for the novel? im looking for a place where I can find them.
Old 2006-09-18, 07:20   Link #24
RiXeD
excuse me wtf r u desu?

Quote:
Question: Is there english translation for the novel? im looking for a place where I can find them.
*cough*Hopefully*cough*, Baka-Tsuki will be translating it.
Old 2006-09-18, 09:46   Link #25
LostBlue
祭囃子

Quote:
Why make the manga version when they already are making the novel?.
To appeal to a larger audience and to capitalize on the trend of popularity.

Animes tend to follow one of these pattern depending on its source:

Novel -> Anime -> Manga (Short-lived)
Manga -> Anime -> Novel (short one-off stories)
Game -> Anathology Manga -> Anime -> (rare case) serialized Manga
Anime -> Manga -> Novel

The aim and target of each media is different, but each medium serves to sell the others and ultimately support the source. That's pretty much it.
LostBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-22, 18:28   Link #26
Tari

I'm pretty sure that this question goes in this thread, and I'm sorry if I got it wrong somehow. ><

Anyhow, I was wondering if the novels had furigana for all the kanji or just a select number of more obscure kanji? I know that the light novel's aimed more at young adults or teens, so I really don't know whether it has furigana for full or partial kanji....

I know Suzumiya has partial furigana, for example, but I haven't been able to find anything on Zero no Tsukaima. >_>
Tari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 08:39   Link #27
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tari
I'm pretty sure that this question goes in this thread, and I'm sorry if I got it wrong somehow. ><

Anyhow, I was wondering if the novels had furigana for all the kanji or just a select number of more obscure kanji? I know that the light novel's aimed more at young adults or teens, so I really don't know whether it has furigana for full or partial kanji....

I know Suzumiya has partial furigana, for example, but I haven't been able to find anything on Zero no Tsukaima. >_>
ZnT has only furigana for more obscure terms (as well as a few obvious ones I was scratching my head at). This wouldn't be nearly as much of a challenge for me otherwise, though it's certainly helping me build my kanji recognition and vocabulary.
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-25, 23:44   Link #28
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

does anyone know what vol did the anime (ep 13) end on? and how many novels are there at the moment.
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-26, 21:12   Link #29
RandomGuy
ここに居ってんねん

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx
does anyone know what vol did the anime (ep 13) end on? and how many novels are there at the moment.
There are 9 novels out at the moment, with a sidestory volume (vol. 1 of "Tabitha's Adventure") set to be released in October.

While I'm in the middle of the first volume, myself, it is my understanding that the plot of the anime is culled from various places in the first 5 volumes of the series (plus the complete filler of episode 4).
RandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 00:40   Link #30
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

ah, cool. so sounds like theres gonna be material left for season 2 xD
shaolinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 22:00   Link #31
Renge
smile

I have a question from the anime, did saito ever paid his debt for that water spirit? i dont remember...
Old 2006-09-29, 22:18   Link #32
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renge
I have a question from the anime, did saito ever paid his debt for that water spirit? i dont remember...
In the anime, Tabasa was looking at the gem in one of the last scenes.

in the novels:
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 03:10   Link #33
Kaiko

Think theres any possibility of a second season?
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 06:31   Link #34
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
I like to think there is since it only cover a small section of the Novel. The ending of episode 13 took huge turn from the Novel as point by those who read the novel. They would have to make some new twist away from the Novel if they do a new season or OVA.
dxanato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 07:30   Link #35
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiko
Think theres any possibility of a second season?
at first I would have said it was impossible.
But watching ep 13 it seems they didnt completely cut off the possibility of a second series.
However, in order stay consistent with what they have animated so far, they will have to diverge further and further away from the story in the novels.

So I'm going to say its extremely unlikely, and its better to think of this anime rendition as a one-shot slash and burn.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 10:32   Link #36
Kaiko

The Novel...I kinda want to read it now. Is it in english? There a english name for it? Available at major book stores like Walden or Barnes and Nobles?
Kaiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 15:08   Link #37
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiko
The Novel...I kinda want to read it now. Is it in english? There a english name for it? Available at major book stores like Walden or Barnes and Nobles?
No, as of now, the original name is Zero no Tsukaima, I dont think USA or anywhere has its license/permission to get that series and work on it. There is english versions of it which you can find on the internet. Since luckily there are groups are are willingly to translate it for us.
Old 2006-10-07, 15:29   Link #38
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Spoiler for a character we did not see in the anime:
taken from the image thread...who is she? and wht role does she play?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:30   Link #39
RonaldC

In Wikipedia, it says that "The first volume of a side story, entitled Tabitha's Adventure, is set to be released on 25 October 2006."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_no_tsukaima

Should the original post be edited to include this informaiton?
RonaldC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 20:25   Link #40
aznhkpd

Is there anyway you can get any English translated Zero no Tsukaima books in Canada or online?What are the websites for the english translated ones?

Last edited by aznhkpd; 2006-10-10 at 21:03.
aznhkpd is offline   Reply With Quote