AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-17, 12:36   Link #2081
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Canon has proven that theoretically any magical program has a power-saving form, which turns out to be chibi. Yes, that would be it.
Is that so?

Quote:
Now about Sakura's ability to influence AO's threads with the divine equivalent to knot, twist and try to bend AO's threads. From her perspective, the AO threads looks like they belong to an Old God, the ones that ruled the galaxies and the ones before, until the God Empress was born. Hearing your description of AO's history, I must also say that by virtue of the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses" (11 have appeared in my various works so far), AO and Tausend Kreuz are technically cousins. Fits your related-device theory by coincidence too.

Also, Aaron reminded me of her Unison Mode. Once sync'd in, Kha should have the ability to command the divine threads directly, though Sakura Zaki (not Chibi-Sakura) would have to teach him how on the fly. The programs do it naturally, but not Kha.
This is really interesting! Much more believable than my version of counter-haxx.

Quote:
Hmm... Kha can't damage Serge, and vice versa. What a stalemate.
I see a Sovereign vs Schneider scenario in my head.

Quote:
Talk about driving home the point.
I think I overdid it a bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Hoho, looks nice Well, basically I think a difference can be made between the levels of control Serge himself has over the aether threads and AO has over the magic particles. His usual level of control is boosted by the Device but is of course not absolute, so your scenario fits alright. Using moves like Aether Negation he's not relying on his powers but solely on the Device, whose level of control is far above his own, yet still not absolute but much much harder to counter. Serge doesn't expect to meet anyone capable of interaction with aether threads all of a sudden indeed (so far he has some assumptions about RH; he probably didn't fight against Kha so nothing certain about him either), and that'd be a good point for negotiations. It doesn't look like you need to change anything in this part.
Thanks! Though I think I'll still nerf it a bit to make it more believable, as well as providing an explanation as to why.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Old 2007-06-17, 12:42   Link #2082
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Eh...?! Okay time to rephrase:

Sakura's ability to influence AO's particles with the divine equivalent to bump, kick and oppose AO's. From her perspective, the AO particles looks like they belong to an Old God, the ones that ruled the galaxies and the ones before, until the God Empress was born. Hearing your description of AO's history, I must also say that by virtue of the "Tale of the Thousand Crosses" (11 have appeared in my various works so far), AO and Tausend Kreuz are technically cousins. Fits your related-device theory by coincidence too.

Also, Aaron reminded me of her Unison Mode. Once sync'd in, Kha should have the ability to command the divine particles directly, though Sakura Zaki (not Chibi-Sakura) would have to teach him how on the fly. The programs do it naturally, but not Kha.

As for threads, in the absence of control of the original caster, the programs can exert divine will upon it to accede to their request. With the presence of the caster, it'll be a battle of wills. This is however locked away from Kha for he is human and prone to error.

As of now... it looks like Kha VS AO, Sakura VS Serge.
Ops, did I make it more confusing? Well, like this it looks not bad too. It's just in my case the Device is far more potent than its owner - AO can play with the threads too of course but generally it doesn't need that, freely controlling every single magic particle it can reach. Serge on the other hand is a human, so he has to resort to manipulating the movements of aether threads as a whole and some other simple moves (like Aether Grip).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
I see a Sovereign vs Schneider scenario in my head.
Do not tempt me

Quote:
Thanks! Though I think I'll still nerf it a bit to make it more believable, as well as providing an explanation as to why.
It's alright making Aurion able to influence aether threads. That'd put him on par with Serge, who's actually not very powerful mage by himself. AO's own abilities still go far beyond the things threads alone can do, but the Device is reluctant to grant its powers whenever Serge wishes for it .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Considering AO's background (which is being continuously spoiled by Kha ) magic particles it commands can be considered belonging to the Old God indeed, who doesn't exist anymore (along with his entire multiverse, spoilers galore ) but his legacy remains

Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-06-17 at 13:10.
Old 2007-06-17, 14:16   Link #2083
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
Just to get into the spirit of things here...

In any encounter involving Serge and David, there's likely to be massive collateral and a lot of pain on both sides...

Aside from his enhanced physical frame (result of Device Symbiosis, kind of like unison, but permanent, all encompassing and very much from the ground up, using Micronic Devices), David's powers operate mostly by redirection of ambient wave energy...and as such, once fired, aren't counterable by AO, since there's no magic involved. (Before they're gathered is another matter...). As a result, AO is going to be of limited use in countering David's 'spells', since most of them are near instant conversions/redirections of existing energy... Serge could interrupt the focusing stage of Pulse Laser, for example, but once it's fired, it's just light...

On the other hand...Unlike Serge and AO, David is pretty much a one trick pony...where Serge can fall back on Mid-type magic for shields against energy attacks, David Can't block magic attacks with his abilities...he can block thing's like Starlight breaker due to their collection/redirection effect, or Plasma Lancer because it's magic manipulation of existing energy, but he can't stop pure magical attacks, all he can do is to evade them or try to tank them using his increased toughness. Because his Linker Core is fragmented, I'm not sure whether any magical effects would be amplified or suppressed, so it could be a serious danger. This Fragmented Linker Core could also affect Serge's Aether insight...it could be easier to read when there are millions of the same process going on...or the lower level of energy in each individual fragment could make it that much harder to detect.

Of course, as regards plain pummeling, David has a huge advantage. Also, David can try and use the environmental effects of his powers against Serge, Like using Gravity wave manipulation to screw up flight, or absorbing all visible light to create darkness.

Of course, David's primary weakness is that to use any of his abilities bar his physical attributes and hammer bashing, he is absolutely Dependant on external power - cut him off from ambient wave motion energy and he has nothing to work with bar what he's stored up...and he can't store a lot.

In a loose sense, what Serge and AO are to Magic particles and Aether threads, David Brown/Grey Turmoil is to environmental energy Wave Motion Manipulation...

Besides all this, of course, is the fact that Serge, being in Intelligence, probably knows all this beforehand and either has a plan or some special trick/gadget/ other preparations to allow him to deal with the rogue weapon on his own terms...
Old 2007-06-17, 14:42   Link #2084
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormturmoil View Post
Just to get into the spirit of things here...

In any encounter involving Serge and David, there's likely to be massive collateral and a lot of pain on both sides...

Aside from his enhanced physical frame (result of Device Symbiosis, kind of like unison, but permanent, all encompassing and very much from the ground up, using Micronic Devices), David's powers operate mostly by redirection of ambient wave energy...and as such, once fired, aren't counterable by AO, since there's no magic involved. (Before they're gathered is another matter...). As a result, AO is going to be of limited use in countering David's 'spells', since most of them are near instant conversions/redirections of existing energy... Serge could interrupt the focusing stage of Pulse Laser, for example, but once it's fired, it's just light...

On the other hand...Unlike Serge and AO, David is pretty much a one trick pony...where Serge can fall back on Mid-type magic for shields against energy attacks, David Can't block magic attacks with his abilities...he can block thing's like Starlight breaker due to their collection/redirection effect, or Plasma Lancer because it's magic manipulation of existing energy, but he can't stop pure magical attacks, all he can do is to evade them or try to tank them using his increased toughness. Because his Linker Core is fragmented, I'm not sure whether any magical effects would be amplified or suppressed, so it could be a serious danger. This Fragmented Linker Core could also affect Serge's Aether insight...it could be easier to read when there are millions of the same process going on...or the lower level of energy in each individual fragment could make it that much harder to detect.

Of course, as regards plain pummeling, David has a huge advantage. Also, David can try and use the environmental effects of his powers against Serge, Like using Gravity wave manipulation to screw up flight, or absorbing all visible light to create darkness.

Of course, David's primary weakness is that to use any of his abilities bar his physical attributes and hammer bashing, he is absolutely Dependant on external power - cut him off from ambient wave motion energy and he has nothing to work with bar what he's stored up...and he can't store a lot.

In a loose sense, what Serge and AO are to Magic particles and Aether threads, David Brown/Grey Turmoil is to environmental energy Wave Motion Manipulation...

Besides all this, of course, is the fact that Serge, being in Intelligence, probably knows all this beforehand and either has a plan or some special trick/gadget/ other preparations to allow him to deal with the rogue weapon on his own terms...
Is every OC going after Serge's head now? Another nice analysis. Physical attacks are indeed dangerous for Serge, though he's more prepared to counter something like this now when he's more aware of his weaknesses.
Old 2007-06-17, 15:00   Link #2085
stormturmoil
Field Medic

Send a message via AIM to stormturmoil Send a message via MSN to stormturmoil
more the other way round...no one know who Serge is going after next...
Old 2007-06-17, 15:03   Link #2086
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

At least Keroko and Kha have legitimate reasons, being that Serge has beaten up members of their familly.
Old 2007-06-17, 15:16   Link #2087
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
At least Keroko and Kha have legitimate reasons, being that Serge has beaten up members of their familly.
Not exactly his fault They could've let him have his data from gadgets and be gone peacefully

------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

Regarding his recent goals - Serge's going after 'reincarnated' R1 now, still keeping an eye on RH as well.
Old 2007-06-17, 15:19   Link #2088
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Not exactly his fault They could've let him have his data from gadgets and be gone peacefully
True, true, but then he wanted data from Raising Heart as well, and that's when things spiraled out of control.

Besides, it's not like Keroko knows that little tidbit. All she knows is that some asshole beat up her sister, and that's when the overprotective Black Dragon bit of her steps in.
Old 2007-06-17, 15:23   Link #2089
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
True, true, but then he wanted data from Raising Heart as well, and that's when things spiraled out of control.

Besides, it's not like Keroko knows that little tidbit. All she knows is that some asshole beat up her sister, and that's when the overprotective Black Dragon bit of her steps in.
Luckily he's been avoiding direct contact with RF6 since that incident, and as it was officially announced as an ambush by drones he's relatively safe in his headquarters
Old 2007-06-17, 20:02   Link #2090
Aaron008R

Quote:
Is every OC going after Serge's head now? Another nice analysis. Physical attacks are indeed dangerous for Serge, though he's more prepared to counter something like this now when he's more aware of his weaknesses.
You're still wondering about that? You trashed NANOHA and FATE. Who, having lots of FRIENDS is enough to grant you a death warrant. Don't worry, Aurion's not after Serge's head. Though he's going to use some sardonic demands that would do for my tastes. The identity of the assailant is of no mystery to him, after all.

Quote:
See?

Quote:
I see several people and OC's that beg to differ.

Quote:
Regarding his recent goals - Serge's going after 'reincarnated' R1 now, still keeping an eye on RH as well.
This could really do well as an OVA.

Quote:

I see foreshadowing!

Quote:
Luckily he's been avoiding direct contact with RF6 since that incident, and as it was officially announced as an ambush by drones he's relatively safe in his headquarters
Smart move. I'm expecting more conspiracies as well.

Here's to a successful joint campaign!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-17, 20:07   Link #2091
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
It was a full Normundy out there

Anyway, I just realized that from my descriptions and mental images, Kha, like Skane, looks remarkably similar to a Sensei without the immortality. But he doesn't know that, having never drawn upon the warp to fuel his Schneiderform before, only once during testing, and he got spooked by what it did to Sophia.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:15   Link #2092
Aaron008R

In any case, do you guys think I should do a major skip from my current scenario?

I've already typed out the RF6 base meeting scenario. It could do well to raise the mystery of Aurion's survival and certain matters with Kha and Keroko.

I'll be looking forward to your suggestions. It's a kind of break because it's laced with humor near the end.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-17, 20:20   Link #2093
KBTKaiser

Well, here's goes nothing...oh, and Aaron, mind if I borrow your characters for this next part?

Spoiler for Farewells and...OH SHI-!! Part A:

Guess who the question mark people are...and the first two guesses don't count.

Next Post:
Arrival at Phantom Squad base...and Vinson's near death experiences.

And speaking of Vinson, where's Liana/Kusuha and Seiryuuoh, Aaron?

While we're on VA casting...

Mabiko: Sakakibara Yui (Leona Garstein of Super Robot Wars)
Yuuki: Natsuki Rio(Rio Meilong in SRW, Naomi in Zoids Zero)
Leticia: Hidaka Narumi(Ryune Zoldark in SRW, Allenby in G-Gundam)
Mikoto: Kusayanagi Junko(Mikoto's original VA no matter where you look)
Feena: Nabatame Hitomi(Feena's anime VA, Arcueid in Tsukihime anime)
Erika: Kanda Rie(Fujieda Honami of Operation Sanctuary anime, Al Azif in Demonbane anime)

Last edited by KBTKaiser; 2007-08-11 at 01:30.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:28   Link #2094
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Well, here's goes nothing...oh, and Aaron, mind if I borrow your characters for this next part?
No. I don't mind at all. As long as the ATX Team personalities are still there.

Quote:
Spoiler for Farewells and...OH SHI-!! Part A:

Guess who the question mark people are...and the first two guesses don't count.

Next Post:
Arrival at Phantom Squad base...and Vinson's near death experiences.
The 3 and 4 were dead giveaways. Vinson and Liana, right?

Quote:
And speaking of Vinson, where's Liana/Kusuha and Seiryuuoh, Aaron?
Wednesday! It's the exams! Sorry!

Quote:
While we're on VA casting...

Mabiko: Sakakibara Yui (Leona Garstein of Super Robot Wars)
Yuuki: Torii Kanon
Leticia: Torii Kanon(The original VA, now retired. Sadly, no VAs come to mind as a suitable replacement)
Mikoto: Kusayanagi Junko(Mikoto's original VA no matter where you look)
Feena: Nabatame Hitomi(Feena's anime VA, Arcueid in Tsukihime anime)
Erika: Kodama Satomi(No announced VA for Erika yet, so I'll use Takamachi Miyuki/Otohime Mutsumi here)
AHA! Sakakibara! That's great! She has the best female voice out of the eight Alpha Originals.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-17, 20:32   Link #2095
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
You're still wondering about that? You trashed NANOHA and FATE. Who, having lots of FRIENDS is enough to grant you a death warrant.
You wouldn't call that trashing if you saw the original plot I changed a lot to avoid slipping completely into AU. BTW I wonder if Serge was going to become Nanoha's friend in case he had nothing to counter Excellion Buster after Act III

Quote:
In any case, do you guys think I should do a major skip from my current scenario?

I've already typed out the RF6 base meeting scenario. It could do well to raise the mystery of Aurion's survival and certain matters with Kha and Keroko.

I'll be looking forward to your suggestions. It's a kind of break because it's laced with humor near the end.
It's for you to decide. Additional information can also be added after certain parts of the story are already posted if it appears necesary.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:36   Link #2096
Aaron008R

Quote:
You wouldn't call that trashing if you saw the original plot I changed a lot to avoid slipping completely into AU. BTW I wonder if Serge was going to become Nanoha's friend in case he had nothing to counter Excellion Buster after Act III
Not likely. I'm having a hard time putting Serge and friendly in one sentence.

WAIT! I just did!

Quote:
It's for you to decide. Additional information can also be added after certain parts of the story are already posted if it appears necesary.
Thanks. I'm planning on going a little skip and filling out the blanks later on.

Right. Now to wait for two more suggestions before I make a move.

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-17, 20:45   Link #2097
KBTKaiser

Quote:
The 3 and 4 were dead giveaways. Vinson and Liana, right?
Wrong and wrong.

Hint: Mabiko left RF6 just before StrikerS kicks off.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:47   Link #2098
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Quote:
Heh, do you have a more thorough explanation of the multiverse and the role of Key Devices? Because we can possibly run into another paradox in the future with some parts of my little plot for AO. Kha could probably guess what I'm talking about Because it's exactly the 'default' setting I'm messing with.
Quote:
BTW any more info on SaintX's Key Devices and his views on the structure of multiverse? I need to know if my plot will somehow interfere
- As for the structure of the multiverse, here is an excerpt:
Spoiler for Excerpt from AlternateS I Chapter 2: Clues about the Sealed Devices and the Origins of the Multiverse:

Notes:

- 1+26 is the basic dimension count in all fractal cube studies- even though dimensions are limitless.

- 'Central dimension' refers to a central point in a studied cube- not the real center of the multiverse.

- Terra-Type Magic: just a coined word for the now lost magic of Terra.

- The original text says that 'three children emerged'- this is because only three have been identified so far in AlternateS.

- I hope this is a small help

- As for the rest of the devices, i'll add them up in time- still looking for base images and some of them are still not activated, as well as their keepers- though Phalanx- a spear, will be the next on post, along with his Keeper Aranth. Might as well as 'Burning Arisa' in as well.

- well as for messing with the default setting, there is always 'Setting 0'. but detail on that when i complete the Sealed/Key devices and when i Say Sealed, it means that their 'h4x' abilities are still sealed, but since it's post-AlternateS here in the thread- they are now called Key, 'h4x' abilities unlocked.

- while we're on the subject of field manipulation and this thread is post AlternateS, Nonaha would also take a shot against Serge and AO, since she has Gospel- 'The staff of beginnings and ends'- we can say that it's another version of a manipulation device- though it involves all magic aspects- from neutral to holy.

EDIT: Removed a section of post that was liable for Ion cannon shots

Last edited by Saint X; 2007-06-17 at 21:17.
Old 2007-06-17, 20:48   Link #2099
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
Wrong and wrong.

Hint: Mabiko left RF6 just before StrikerS kicks off.
Teana and Subaru.
Very well. My guess was wrong.
Anyway, any other plans? I could give some input if you need some data on my OC's later.

By the way, anyone, do we timeskip in my scenario or not?
Where're LoweGear and Kha?!

OC Profiles
Old 2007-06-17, 20:53   Link #2100
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:

looks ok, just remember to flashback.

Off to paper. See ya guys later!

@X: Gotta be careful with the merger. From spoilers, there appears to be a sinister reason for the creation of Riot 6. I'd say keep those plans on hold first while the Ion Canon is still active on that matter.