AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-05, 21:32   Link #1101
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
i also thought they might be different, but didn't the letters have the same handwriting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post
actually, MARIA's dress always makes me think of Pyramid Head...
PH=Beato? he did have his own portrait in Silent Hill XD
kinda getting off topic, but i got inspired and made THIS.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:39   Link #1102
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
So... There's a prologue patch for EP5 out.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7BWH5DYI
Old 2009-10-05, 21:49   Link #1103
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post

What? Who made this? Thanks for the link.
Old 2009-10-05, 22:02   Link #1104
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks View Post

It's probably from the same person doing some scenes from EP 5 right?

EDIT: According to 4chan (what 4chan is reliable?) yes it is the same person. Although they stated they wouldn't be doing it again, since it took so long just to do the first 10 minutes of the game. It only seems to go up to the end of the prologue.
Old 2009-10-05, 22:18   Link #1105
tcaz2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
It's probably from the same person doing some scenes from EP 5 right?

EDIT: According to 4chan (what 4chan is reliable?) yes it is the same person. Although they stated they wouldn't be doing it again, since it took so long just to do the first 10 minutes of the game. It only seems to go up to the end of the prologue.
Actually, it's not the same person. It was me and a friend from another board.

As said in the topics we made, we're only doing just this one as a teaser for Episode 5 in 'celebration' of October 4th and 5th- we're not planning on usurping Witch Hunt or anything, and we mean no insult or anything by releasing this.

It was just something fun we thought we'd do for people that want a little taste of Episode 5 without giving too much away.
Old 2009-10-05, 22:25   Link #1106
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcaz2 View Post

As said in the topics we made, we're only doing just this one as a teaser for Episode 5 in 'celebration' of October 4th and 5th- we're not planning on usurping Witch Hunt or anything, and we mean no insult or anything by releasing this.

It was just something fun we thought we'd do for people that want a little taste of Episode 5 without giving too much away.
Well, that is very kind of you and your friend. Thank both of you very much.
Old 2009-10-05, 22:25   Link #1107
TsundereCake
真 ラブ

Quote:

Umm... how does this patch work?^^; I got "you fool@" to come up, and then the window closed, and I'm probably gonna have to re-install the game now, since I replaced the nscript.dat when I extracted the patch
Old 2009-10-05, 22:27   Link #1108
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsundereCake View Post
Umm... how does this patch work?^^; I got "you fool@" to come up, and then the window closed, and I'm probably gonna have to re-install the game now, since I replaced the nscript.dat when I extracted the patch
You got to use the witch hunt's patch and replace the nscript.dat in the patch folder not the main root game folder.
Old 2009-10-05, 23:10   Link #1109
tcaz2

And I should mention, both of us involved in this have an even greater respect for Witch Hunt now.

We're both amateurs at this stuff, so we almost definitely went a lot slower than Witch Hunt does (honestly this was my first time using OnScripter), and it took my friend about 12 hours of translating and myself about 6 hours of inserting/editing and messing with OnScripter.

It's a lot of work, and I really have to praise Witch Hunt for doing it all like this so quickly and without complaints.
Old 2009-10-05, 23:15   Link #1110
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:

Everyone forgets about the poor tester!
Old 2009-10-05, 23:21   Link #1111
chronotrig

Quote:
And I should mention, both of us involved in this have an even greater respect for Witch Hunt now.

We're both amateurs at this stuff, so we almost definitely went a lot slower than Witch Hunt does (honestly this was my first time using OnScripter), and it took my friend about 12 hours of translating and myself about 6 hours of inserting/editing and messing with OnScripter.

It's a lot of work, and I really have to praise Witch Hunt for doing it all like this so quickly and without complaints.
Makes for a wonderful birthday present for my little brother

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-10-06, 00:17   Link #1112
Used Can

Quote:
i wonder, are we actually right to assume that tattoo marks the furniture? the whole thing kinda bugs me.
I think every single member of the family (i.e. blood member) has one. Certain furniture have those marks, as proof that Kinzo trusts them - or, perhaps, they are special for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Because between the idea that some "stranger" is disguising as someone that is well known and no one notice and the idea that one of the known people is disguising as Beatrice and Battler doesn't notice from 6+ meters in the darkness and heavy rain, the latter is more credible ^^;
That's true, but Battler never mentioned anything about not being able to see her properly. In fact, he seems quite aware of who he is watching (that person could be faking her voice?). Not to mention that is the same person who spoke him by phone, and whose voice Battler couldn't recognise. In addition, if someone was trying to disguise as Beatrice, why do a poor job?

All the same, as I've mentioned before, that person seems to know Battler, since she knew about Battler's English phrases when he was in middle-school - I think only Shannon remembered that.

Last edited by Used Can; 2009-10-06 at 00:32.
Old 2009-10-06, 05:56   Link #1113
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

but as i said before, Battler doesn't have one

i'm starting to wonder if that scene wasn't, in fact, a magic one. we can assume Battler didn't witness magic scenes because he was a detective, but now we also know it's kind of disadvantageous for Beato if he does. what if he could see them, but she just simply didn't show him anything untill then?
but then again, why couldn't she just ask meta-battler? XD it would kinda make it seem that she could only brought the sin up at the game-board.

...the whole idea is probably a little stupid though.

Last edited by desirebluesky; 2009-10-06 at 06:15.
Old 2009-10-06, 07:05   Link #1114
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:

i'm starting to wonder if that scene wasn't, in fact, a magic one. we can assume Battler didn't witness magic scenes because he was a detective, but now we also know it's kind of disadvantageous for Beato if he does. what if he could see them, but she just simply didn't show him anything untill then?
but then again, why couldn't she just ask meta-battler? XD it would kinda make it seem that she could only brought the sin up at the game-board.

...the whole idea is probably a little stupid though.
The only time Piece Battler saw anything remotely magical was in EP 2 when he went to the study. Other than that he has never been in a magic scene because he is the detective. For example: in EP 3 Kanon's hand was impaled but when we see the actual dead portrait there is no wound on his hand.
Old 2009-10-06, 07:10   Link #1115
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

and in ep2 it was past midnight of day 5. Conversely in ep4 it was merely the start of day 5.

Battler shouldn't witness magic events before the game ends. However it bugs me that this "rule" was never actually stated. Nonetheless Battler used this as an argument in ep5 to demonstrate he's not a detective. Why? Did I miss something? Of course I always thought that the detective can't see magic stuff but where is it written? °_°

Old 2009-10-06, 07:17   Link #1116
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Other than that he has never been in a magic scene because he is the detective.
i wonder if people read my post before replying. i'm actualy trying to question it. and just like Jan-Poo said, EP2 scene was past midnight. doesn't really count.

was it ever stated in red that he is a detective? (of course i mean EPs 1-4) they argued about it, but i don't think anybody made it clear. Bern would only state it red for Erika.

Last edited by desirebluesky; 2009-10-06 at 07:28.
Old 2009-10-06, 07:24   Link #1117
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think dlanor said in red that Battler was detective in the previous episodes.... or did she use blue?

found it:

これまでのあなたは探偵デシタ

Until this point the detective has been you.

Old 2009-10-06, 07:31   Link #1118
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

...damn. XD
i was sure she used a normal color for that. D: my memory fails me.
thanks for making it clear.
Old 2009-10-06, 15:09   Link #1119
Used Can

Quote:
He's wearing a suit, how do you know he doesn't have one? From Natsuhi's reactions, it seems that the one-winged eagle mark is an important deal for the Ushiromiya family. Eva has one; so, I think it is fair to assume Krauss, Rudolph and Rosa have them somewhere in their bodies too. However, unlike Eva, they don't have those parts of their bodies exposed. Their children quite likely have the mark as well. The same can be said about the servants Kinzo has granted that mark. If Shannon has it, chances are good Genji and Kanon have them somewhere too - who knows, maybe other servants may have it as well; although, they'd have to be important to Kinzo.
Old 2009-10-06, 15:14   Link #1120
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
He's wearing a suit, how do you know he doesn't have one? From Natsuhi's reactions, it seems that the one-winged eagle mark is an important deal for the Ushiromiya family. Eva has one; so, I think it is fair to assume Krauss, Rudolph and Rosa have them somewhere in their bodies too. However, unlike Eva, they don't have those parts of their bodies exposed. Their children quite likely have the mark as well. The same can be said about the servants Kinzo has granted that mark. If Shannon has it, chances are good Genji and Kanon have them somewhere too - who knows, maybe other servants may have it as well; although, they'd have to be important to Kinzo.
Promotional pictures of Maria and Jessica in bathing suits/bikinis say otherwise. Of course, their backs weren't shown so the argument still stands I suppose. ^^;

Closed Thread