AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 29 14.22%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 20.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 18.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 38 18.63%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 5.39%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.39%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.96%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 3.92%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 11.76%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-22, 22:26   Link #381
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

I liked this season but I was a bit disappointed. I'm looking forward to the dub now. I really hope a season 3 will be made. I mean it would be tragic if not. They cant end it like this.
Old 2010-01-22, 23:50   Link #382
u43368
Disabled By Request

I seriously can't think of how all the loose ends are tied up as the director said (I think). I mean, the damn antichrist was born. THAT JUST SCREAMS FINAL BOSS RIGHT THERE.
Old 2010-01-24, 20:23   Link #383
Suimancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroni View Post
I seriously can't think of how all the loose ends are tied up as the director said (I think). I mean, the damn antichrist was born. THAT JUST SCREAMS FINAL BOSS RIGHT THERE.
I believe that the director did not intend to tie up loose ends in this season. The same with season 1, he opted for an open-ended ending. I believe he wanted to create a greater sense of continuity after the narrative of both seasons.
Old 2010-02-04, 20:37   Link #384
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
all i can say is WOW.i have no idea what to think of this final episode i mean im really happy that Suou finally got a shot at a normal life but then im unsure to think about how it was left with Hei/Yin/Misaki.

im mean if possible it could still be open for a 3rd series but at the same time they could leave it at this.

im really unsure of how i should feel about this episode.
Old 2010-02-14, 11:03   Link #385
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Shion and Yin mated. With their combined powers they created some sort of new being and a copy of Earth.

Yin seems to be dead. Shion is probably dead but could come back, given that his powers are godlike and equivalent to those of Amber. The dude in the coffin, looked like a mix of Shion and Yin.

Suo is stuck in Earth 2. Did she really die? Can she come back? What the hell is going on? Is this Earth 2, stable? Does she have her old memories hidden deep inside? What's with her Deja Vu? What's with this... "we'll meet again."

Anyhow, we got the CC lookalike in s1 and the Kallen (Suo is half japanese too)lookalike in season 2.
Old 2010-02-28, 20:18   Link #386
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
Shion and Yin mated. With their combined powers they created some sort of new being and a copy of Earth.

Yin seems to be dead. Shion is probably dead but could come back, given that his powers are godlike and equivalent to those of Amber. The dude in the coffin, looked like a mix of Shion and Yin.

Suo is stuck in Earth 2. Did she really die? Can she come back? What the hell is going on? Is this Earth 2, stable? Does she have her old memories hidden deep inside? What's with her Deja Vu? What's with this... "we'll meet again."

Anyhow, we got the CC lookalike in s1 and the Kallen (Suo is half japanese too)lookalike in season 2.
I think I liked the first season much better. Just my opinnion.
Old 2010-03-01, 10:32   Link #387
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I think I liked the first season much better. Just my opinnion.
I like the first season much better, also. It introduces the universe, introduces the characters. It's great.

Season 2 of Darker than Black by all stretches, is not bad. It freakin' pwns. It's a great continuation of the story.

It's leagues better than Code Geass R2 by comparison.

The story is condensed, could have been longer but it's focused. The close friendship between Hei, Suo, and July would have seemed more organic if we would have gotten some filler to make it seem like they were on the run for months instead of weeks but it was fleshed out very well in 12 episodes.

I liked the contrast between Ambers event and Shion/Yin's event. Amber launched a full scale war between contractors and humans. Her organization was combing the world for special items. She was making her presence felt.
Her actions, revealed the existence of contractors to the world and changed the way governments operated. Thousands of people were involved. Amber saved all contractors in existence and possibly the world.

The Izanagi and Izanami event was different. It was a small event with huge ramifications. A lone scientist, a child contractor, a handful of assistants, an information broker and 3 fugitives bring about events that lead to Japan being occupied, a copy of planet Earth in space, a new psionic lifeform that preys on contractors, the downfall of a secret organization, and the formation of a secret society.
Old 2010-03-01, 19:20   Link #388
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I like the first season much better, also. It introduces the universe, introduces the characters. It's great.

Season 2 of Darker than Black by all stretches, is not bad. It freakin' pwns. It's a great continuation of the story.

It's leagues better than Code Geass R2 by comparison.
Yep, S2 kind of threw a bunch of characters into the mix and tells you to figure out yourself who is who. Kind of annoying when there is like 4 new characters in each episode. Yeah, I guess it's a good continuation of the story. Many parts of it don't make a lot of sense though.

I thought Code Geass R2 was okay. I just liked the last episode, really.

Quote:
The story is condensed, could have been longer but it's focused. The close friendship between Hei, Suo, and July would have seemed more organic if we would have gotten some filler to make it seem like they were on the run for months instead of weeks but it was fleshed out very well in 12 episodes.
Yeah. What the hell is up with July. He just up and joins them? That makes no sense. If they made it longer and more clear, it would have made it a lot better, imo.
Old 2010-03-02, 03:37   Link #389
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Yeah. What the hell is up with July. He just up and joins them? That makes no sense. If they made it longer and more clear, it would have made it a lot better, imo.
It was already revealed that July was sent as a spy for MI6 but ended up double-crossing them. I don't think you can make that longer or more clear.
Old 2010-03-02, 18:56   Link #390
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was already revealed that July was sent as a spy for MI6 but ended up double-crossing them.
I'm aware of that. I was wondering more along the lines of the whole charade of him joining their group. Nobody suspected him, knowing he was with MI-6 previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't think you can make that longer or more clear.
I'm talking about the series in general? 12 episodes is just too short, which made many things unclear.
Old 2010-03-07, 20:11   Link #391
Suimancer

Quote:
I'm aware of that. I was wondering more along the lines of the whole charade of him joining their group. Nobody suspected him, knowing he was with MI-6 previously.
Mao did suspected July but Hei still allowed it. It's safe to assume that Hei also suspects him. The reason he let July join was because he was not a threat, yet,perhaps. Also, it could also be seen that Hei's emotions got the best of him. Perhaps a sense of guilt for killing July's "last" comrade. Hei did offer Suou to chance to Ikebukuro with him, most probable out of guilt since he had no "gain" or "obligation" what so ever to do it. Depending how you view it, it could be quite believable.
Old 2010-03-08, 18:25   Link #392
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suimancer View Post
Mao did suspected July but Hei still allowed it. It's safe to assume that Hei also suspects him. The reason he let July join was because he was not a threat, yet,perhaps. Also, it could also be seen that Hei's emotions got the best of him. Perhaps a sense of guilt for killing July's "last" comrade. Hei did offer Suou to chance to Ikebukuro with him, most probable out of guilt since he had no "gain" or "obligation" what so ever to do it. Depending how you view it, it could be quite believable.
I guess that's possible. But I never would of thought that Hei would feel guilty over killing April. I guess in his perspective, July is just a doll and not a threat at all. Possibly reminds him of Yin.
Old 2010-03-19, 03:41   Link #393
ApathyEcstasy

I know this was probably answered somewhere already, but can someone tell me the identity of the white-haired boy in the casket at the end of the episode? I'm referring to the boy who opens his eyes and kills the nearby soldiers/CIA agent.
Old 2010-03-19, 03:50   Link #394
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
I know this was probably answered somewhere already, but can someone tell me the identity of the white-haired boy in the casket at the end of the episode? I'm referring to the boy who opens his eyes and kills the nearby soldiers/CIA agent.
That was probably Kagu-Tsuchi:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagu-Tsuchi
Old 2010-03-19, 20:12   Link #395
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy View Post
The product of Izanami and Izanagi, who were Yin and Suou's brother (can't remember his name), supposedly he is supposed to be the death of the earth.
Old 2010-03-28, 11:42   Link #396
Suimancer

Quote:
I guess that's possible. But I never would of thought that Hei would feel guilty over killing April. I guess in his perspective, July is just a doll and not a threat at all. Possibly reminds him of Yin.
Along the lines of July being a reminder, rather a replacement of Yin, practicality wise, one could see it as a needed risk. Hei needed the aid of a doll in their travels exemplified in the train station where Hei immediately used July's "services" when he joined/volunteered in their group . Also, I believe that Hei was aware that July was helping Suou at the time, though the mere fact that July wanted to 'help" them suggests that he is on their side, for now. As such, despite the possibility of being a trap , Hei still took the risk since there is a possibility that whatever agency July is working for (if any) seems to share a common goal with them. Also, the "guilt" interpretation could also be a factor. Not necessarily guilt out of killing April but that of leaving July with no more "comrades" an echo of what he did to Suou. Or perhaps Hei saw that July genuinely wanted companions since he was all alone and not some secret agenda by an organization. Perhaps Hei just wanted to explore the other side of pedophilia.

There are other interpretations out there, just take your pick though some of the motivations of the characters could be combination of multiple reasons instead of one.
Old 2010-03-28, 21:39   Link #397
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suimancer View Post
Perhaps Hei just wanted to explore the other side of pedophilia.
I think I pick this one
Old 2010-04-02, 04:09   Link #398
SkyDragon
Addicted To Anime

Just finished watching the series tonight and boy it was confusing from start to end. Of course I had to use my imagination as to what lead up to the events but there were too many 'wtf moments'. First season was definitely a lot better.

I'm guessing Suou memories got reset again when she landed in Earth #2. Evidence when she saw July walk passed her and she didn't recognize him.
Old 2010-04-02, 23:02   Link #399
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDragon View Post
Just finished watching the series tonight and boy it was confusing from start to end. Of course I had to use my imagination as to what lead up to the events but there were too many 'wtf moments'. First season was definitely a lot better.

I'm guessing Suou memories got reset again when she landed in Earth #2. Evidence when she saw July walk passed her and she didn't recognize him.
Yeah. I liked first season a lot better. The whole show was a jumble of random things, but i much preferred it when the main character was Hei, a total bad ass who kills people. GAR. Words can't describe how much Suou annoyed me in the series. I mean, really? A big gun is her contract power? It's like 2x bigger than her, how can she carry, let alone shoot it. Bothers me that she was the main protagonist for season 2. But yes, on Earth #2, Suou is basically a regular school girl in a modern day society, she was re-created I would think onto earth 2 along with July.
Old 2010-06-03, 13:08   Link #400
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
There are times when cop-outs work... this is not one of the. After finally watching the last episode, all I can say is... GIMME BACK MY GAR HEI AND THE REAL DTB!!!

Season II had its highlights but... you can't just do a sort of separate story when so much from the original story is left unanswered. Damn you BONES...

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Closed Thread