AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-08-27, 00:47   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 758 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Pos ting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

So as you guys probably know by now, we'll most likely be getting all future spoilers/chapters a bit later from now on due to some stricter anti-piracy measures taken in Japan. That being said, that ain't gonna stop the spoiler guys from doing their thing, nosiree! Credit goes to AP's Redon for the initial spoiler, and Aohige for the summary of the raw:

-Chapter title is "Go on ahead". Ministory has a sunken ship falling into the little sea-town.

-Luffy and Law are determined to reach Doflamingo, but Diamante is equally determined to stop them. Luffy tells Rebecca he's glad she was able to meet her father again, and corrects her when she calls him "Lucy". Diamante attacks the supernova duo, but Law uses his ability to warp the both of them to the next floor. Luffy is impressed by his partner's ability, but Law once again explains that it uses up a lot of energy, and he's still wounded from Dofla's earlier bullet wounds. However, lurking near the two of them is Sugar, who's prepared to make them into slave toys.....

-Outside, Usopp realizes how serious a situation it is that Sugar's roaming free again, as he still feels the pain of forgetting Robin during her brief time as a toy. Despite the fact that it would be impossible to snipe someone from such a distance, Usopp is still determined to stop Sugar. Viola assists him as he aims at his target, and interestingly, he's able to sense his target's aura! He then shoots his bullet, which hits its mark. The "bullet" in question turns out to be a drawing of Usopp himself drawn by Kanjurou (lol) which proceeds to knock out Sugar a second time. As Usopp is restrained by the mob of townsfolk, he says that Luffy doesn't need to know that he helped him, and Viola is seriously impressed by the sniper's talent....

-Luffy and Law finally reach Doflamingo, who's accompanied by Trebol. To be certain, Dofla asks them their purpose in coming there. Both of them say they came to kick his ass, to which the warlord merely replies that he's disappointed....

Last edited by marvelB; 2014-08-28 at 12:33.
Old 2014-08-27, 06:02   Link #2
asvaynevc
weirdo

i cant wait onepiece 758 release..
Old 2014-08-27, 08:29   Link #3
swenda

i have heard that something but dont know if thats treu
Old 2014-08-27, 11:56   Link #4
Crimson Reaper

Okay I'm not 100% on this but this is what I believe is happening in Japan right now over Jump. The government is finally taking action over early releases and they are doing this by going to the source. By that I mean that issues of Jump are normally delivered to stores a few days ahead of the official release date which is Monday so they remain in stock. This is where the scans come from. By stopping or delaying these early deliveries they hope people will just buy the magazine rather then view free scans. All this means is that we will get scans on Mondays or Tuesdays instead of Wednesday/Thursday. Again I will repeat that I'm not 100% on this.
Old 2014-08-27, 12:37   Link #5
mrSh4dy

Great.....

Why don't they do it the Korean way?
Other then being too prideful and stuff, there's no reason not to make online versions of their magazines and even provide an English version, the user base is big enough.
Old 2014-08-27, 14:09   Link #6
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrSh4dy View Post
Great.....

Why don't they do it the Korean way?
Other then being too prideful and stuff, there's no reason not to make online versions of their magazines and even provide an English version, the user base is big enough.
exactly this. the animated shows do it, why not the mangas?
Old 2014-08-27, 18:28   Link #7
ashofaphoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
exactly this. the animated shows do it, why not the mangas?
They do to a certain extent and have started to. Particularly Viz-Media and Crunchy roll have some services, but they are in the infancy stage. I doubt they will ever be free, because Shonen-Jump isn't free even in Japan, though manga is cheaper.

I'm skeptical though that simul-releasing manga would be a wide-spread. The streaming thing was a lot of effort on the part of U.S. companies. I have worked upper administration of a midsized convention, have met some smaller publishers who license work. From what I know, Japanese companies are conservative in terms of how they grant licences and I don't imagine it was easy to get them to do the simulcasting anime thing, that now widespread. There is also a lot less economic incentive to do simulreleasing of e-print than video or music. People prefer digital mediums for music/video. The evidence is that physical sales of music are less than 1/3rd of what they were 10 years ago, but digital sales have experiencing double digit growth and much of that is coming from youtube/spotify royalties (See IFPI reports of the last 10 years). People on the whole prefer physical books (remember one piece has broken most sales records from 10 years ago). I don't think publishers have a wide spread incentive to push for widely available digital releases.
Old 2014-08-28, 03:00   Link #8
marvelB

*Leans back in rocking chair* Bah, you whippersnappers don't know how good you've got it nowadays! Back in my day, we had to wait until the day the magazine officially released before we got a chapter! And you'd be lucky if we got a blurry cell cam pic for a spoiler before then!

Putting that aside, we DO actually have a spoiler out now, so..... discuss away, I guess?
Old 2014-08-28, 04:29   Link #9
danielevo

So when the manga will release exactly ??
Old 2014-08-28, 09:01   Link #10
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
*Leans back in rocking chair* Bah, you whippersnappers don't know how good you've got it nowadays! Back in my day, we had to wait until the day the magazine officially released before we got a chapter! And you'd be lucky if we got a blurry cell cam pic for a spoiler before then!
did you have to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get it?
Old 2014-08-28, 09:30   Link #11
ChaosPaladin
Bringer of Order & Chaos

usopp is freaking awesome in this chapter. is tt a new found ability of his?? to be able to see the presence of ppl
Old 2014-08-28, 10:07   Link #12
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Usopp was amazing in this chapter. He's earned his title of God. Almost makes up for all the crap that went on earlier.
Old 2014-08-28, 10:08   Link #13
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

haki of observation?
Old 2014-08-28, 10:11   Link #14
ellifeedn
Thinker

Usopp has gained haki! Awesome!
Old 2014-08-28, 10:16   Link #15
danielevo

Great chapter
I still cant predict how this arc will end, fight is everywhere, and we haven't seen CP0 yet,, where are them ?? i want to see their face and a little of their ability..

I also want my Sanji backk, its to long for him not to show up. Maybe Oda also forget about him already.......
Old 2014-08-28, 10:26   Link #16
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Awesome Usopp!

Complains about Usopp until now may have been (partially) justified, but if this is not considered character development, then I don't know what is!
Old 2014-08-28, 11:39   Link #17
Trax
Rock beats scissors

It's taken a while before Usopp showed his worth, glad to see the time has finally arrived; With the help of observation haki no less, which is of course perfect for him! Awesome bullet too!

Not really sure why they let themselves get captured since they could easily have knocked out the civilians without really harming them.

Well I think everyone has been matched up now, it's time to let the fights play out.
Old 2014-08-28, 12:29   Link #18
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Usopp.... is the best
I almost think Viola just fell in love to him just now (but realized that they are such a bad match)
Usopp is truly a god

finally.... Law-Luffy vs Doflamingo-Trevor
This is gonna be epic
but before the finale, I want every crews to finish their opponent first...
Old 2014-08-28, 12:39   Link #19
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
did you have to walk uphill both ways in the snow to get it?

Dang right we did! And we LIKED it, at that!

In all seriousness though, this was an awesome chapter. It especially helps that I always believed in Usopp from the beginning. So it looks like he's truly awakening to his observation haki..... interesting. Can't wait to see him master his new ability!

Also, anyone else notice poor ol' Bellamy lying there near Dofla's feet? Guess Luffy will lend him a hand next chapter....
Old 2014-08-28, 12:43   Link #20
itachi-san314

wow, awesome chapter! usopp was badass and hilarious. i can't wait for this part to be animated
Closed Thread