AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-02-10, 08:55   Link #21
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
It could also be that there is still some alterations that the virus made (in the registry) that are still there and need removing to stop the errors from appearing.
One thing I can suggest you do is to download hijack this extract it from the zip file it comes in run a scan and see if anything related to the virus shows up and then see if you can get rid of them.
This is only a suggestion but this has helped others that have only had parts of a virus removed and all the registry entries have been left in.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 13:43   Link #22
Eclipze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem
Is it possible that he set Avast to scan on startup while the thumbdrive was mounted on his computer, and now it always expects it to be there?

Eclipze, try to disable your scan on startup in Avast. Close the menu, and then go back into the options and re-enable it. Reboot. Does the problem still exist?
Yea, that solved the problem. Thanks Ledgem!

And its confirmed that my internet is officially affected, meaning that torrents now have slow-ass downloads once again, even though setting the TCP limit to 50 helped the last time.

Perhaps the virus/worm affected connection in some way? Cause right now, it doesn't seem to be a TCP problem as I have no problems surfing the web at all, meaning no "Cannot connect to server" errors, yet the torrents are getting hit hard. Avast! didn't detect anything major besides the windows32.exe thing, so its confusing me as to what might cause it. Also, the system seems to "lag" quite often now, ever since the worm was deleted.

Any possible solutions to this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonix
It could also be that there is still some alterations that the virus made (in the registry) that are still there and need removing to stop the errors from appearing.
One thing I can suggest you do is to download hijack this extract it from the zip file it comes in run a scan and see if anything related to the virus shows up and then see if you can get rid of them.
This is only a suggestion but this has helped others that have only had parts of a virus removed and all the registry entries have been left in.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will try it out.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-10, 21:46   Link #23
Eclipze

Okay, a lil update after using hijack_this. This is what the program got after using it:
Spoiler for save space:

Any idea what I should and should not delete? Or perhaps there is a checklist somewhere where I can double check with?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-11, 11:49   Link #24
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Okay, a lil update after using hijack_this. This is what the program got after using it:
Spoiler for save space:

Any idea what I should and should not delete? Or perhaps there is a checklist somewhere where I can double check with?
I don't see anything amiss in there but you could've saved a log and posted that up in a spoiler but if you think that anything is suspect then you can google the file name and see what you get as there are sites out there that document almost every file and what it does and weather it's a virus (or harbours anything else within it) or is just a benign system file
Old 2007-02-11, 13:04   Link #25
bayoab

Errr.. you might still have a virus there... see that C:\SVChost.exe , that is not supposed to be there. That might be what Avast killed earlier but didn't delete the entry for.
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-12, 11:10   Link #26
demonix

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Errr.. you might still have a virus there... see that C:\SVChost.exe , that is not supposed to be there. That might be what Avast killed earlier but didn't delete the entry for.
oops I just don't know how I missed that (probably a text log would've been better for this) oh and anti-virus software will only remove infected files and not registry entries which is why that is still there and that programme (which will show up in multiple instances in task manager if you run that) should be in C:\windows\system32 and not in the root of the drive so you should get rid of that entry quickly (and hope nothing else is hiding)