AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-08-02, 19:13   Link #761
winterbaby
вelιnda

Inyasha : the protagonist is a boy and girl. The boy looks like a 20 year old but hes actually in his 50's. Its full of action, adventure, and romance. The anime takes place in feudal Japan. Actually, the story takes place in both feudal Japan and current Japan.

Kaze no stigma :again the protagonist is a boy and girl. The boy is probably 18 years old. The girl is 15 or 16. It has action and adventure and magic. The two characters start liking each other but they don't know it. Buts its sort of confusing because they are cousins but not cousins. You will understand if you see the show.

Rumbling hearts :this a more of a girly anime. The main character is a boy in is teenage years. I guess hes considered the protagonist because he gave somebody the inspiration to keep living. But he also was the reason why somebody was sent the to the hospital. This anime contains drama and a love triangle.

I hope this helps you
Old 2012-08-02, 20:55   Link #762
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
Inyasha : the protagonist is a boy and girl. The boy looks like a 20 year old but hes actually in his 50's. Its full of action, adventure, and romance. The anime takes place in feudal Japan. Actually, the story takes place in both feudal Japan and current Japan.

Kaze no stigma :again the protagonist is a boy and girl. The boy is probably 18 years old. The girl is 15 or 16. It has action and adventure and magic. The two characters start liking each other but they don't know it. Buts its sort of confusing because they are cousins but not cousins. You will understand if you see the show.

Rumbling hearts :this a more of a girly anime. The main character is a boy in is teenage years. I guess hes considered the protagonist because he gave somebody the inspiration to keep living. But he also was the reason why somebody was sent the to the hospital. This anime contains drama and a love triangle.

I hope this helps you
He may have seen a bit of Inu Yasha, but he already watched the last two.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 21:49   Link #763
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I checked your list and I started rewatching this anime not to long ago called Polyphonica Crimson and its prequel Polyphonica Crimson S. Both were good in my opinion and it's a romance anime with music and supernatural themes. Maybe you have seen it, but did not add it to your list and if you did I apologize.

If you're interested why don't you check it out and see what you think of it.
Old 2012-08-27, 03:05   Link #764
animecrazy1837

no idea if these were mentioned... Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari. Bakemonogatari is about a teen aged boy who happened to catch his classmate as she fell off of a flight of stairs, only to find out that she weighs almost nothing. she threatens to kill him (basically) with office supplies (scissors, staplers, etc.) if he told anyone. she stapled his inner mouth as a warning, and then he showed her that the staple left no wound. apparently the guy was a vampire, ad is now 1/10 -ish vampire. the guy insists on helping the weightless girl, by taking her to (basically) an occultist. the genres are romance, comedy, word-play, supernatural. THE WORD PLAY IN THE JAPANESE DUBBED IS AMAZINGLY FUNNY.
animecrazy1837 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-11, 19:41   Link #765
ReloadKid

I know you said that you dislike mecha animes, but i highly suggest watching Code Geass. If you enjoyed Death note there is a 95% possibility of you enjoying this
ReloadKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 18:49   Link #766
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ok, i can say i'm "back" at reading/watching "romance" animes, but i'm still quite bored and won't be as active as before.

Just a little update:
I abandoned ichigo 100% (God, it was endless and the protagonist just pissed me off with his indecisiveness. I read other works that were as long as Ichigo and had many girl routes, but they were very entertaining and interesting and the protagonist never bored me)
I watched Mawaru Penguindrum and enjoyed it; it was a bit weird but i liked the characters (especially Kanba).
I read what has been published of Again!! (a manga about a dude who leaps 3 years back in high school) and was really enjoying it. I got disappointed when the message "chapter 19 is not out yet D:" appeared

So, i've become more flexible: i'm looking for anything, as long as it has some little(the more, the better but i'm okay even with nearly none) ecchi and an hint of romance or relationship. Just so you get the idea, the "romance" in mawaru penguindrum is enough for me. Basically, it's okay even if romance isn't the main deal (actually, my favorite titles don't even have romance as the main feature)

I'll add a few infos that might make the search more fruitful:
I'm a loner and i'm bored. The perfect protagonist would be the classic loner that doesn't give a shit about anything but that gets dragged in some interesting situation. Individuals like that comprehend Imamura (from Again!!) and Kyon (from Haruhi suzumiya), even tho the latter is more a normal and bored guy (still okay), or Kurosawa (from Onani Master). Oh, in a way, even the protagonist of Welcome to the NHK would do).

That's it, a loner with a boring life that gets dragged in some interesting situation. What do i find interesting? Eh, pretty much nothing, but i would be puzzled if i woke up some years back in school or if i woke up in a different timeline where events are a bit different, or if some weird and mysterious girl started intriguing me. Pff, it always ends up having to do with time.

Anyways, that's just the ideal work i'm looking for. Everything else is welcome. Once again, i won't be as active as before, so don't be bothered if i don't reply immediately with feedback like before. It's just that i started getting easily bored with anything and if a title isn't "weird" and intriguing from the beginning, i'm more likely to fall asleep while reading it.

PS: suggestions are open for both animes and mangas.

Thank you for your answers, i'll now pick up one of the titles you suggested back then.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 19:19   Link #767
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

In House of Five Leaves a ronin becomes involved with a gang of kidnappers. He not quite as anti-social as you seek, though.

Daikichi in Usagi Drop somewhat fits as well.

For an older show that fits the "sudden girlfriend" trope, there is Video Girl Ai.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 19:35   Link #768
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Quote:
He not quite as anti-social as you seek, though.
It might just be that you misused the word anti-social as it might be that you misunderstood me.

If you meant "asocial", then i've got nothing else to add.

If you meant "antisocial" as an individual who shows disregard for human's rights and gets involved in criminal acts, then you misunderstood me, since i'm just looking for the loner who doesn't really care to get involved with anything.

Asocial and antisocial are two different things.
Old 2012-09-29, 06:40   Link #769
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

these guys fit the bill

http://myanimelist.net/character/55131/Houtarou_Oreki
http://myanimelist.net/character/49657/Ryouta_Sakamoto

hetakoi is finished so you check that one out
2 new manga that I will check out later
http://myanimelist.net/manga/34377/G...u_no_Brynhildr
http://myanimelist.net/manga/24879/S...Yami_to_Shoujo

if you want to get more responses with the character you are looking for create another thread and label it "Bored guy thrown into adventure anime/manga/LN/VN"

tell me what you think of this new anime if you are still into dark anime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_A_w...layer_embedded
Old 2012-09-29, 13:21   Link #770
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
If you meant "asocial", then i've got nothing else to add.
Yes, asocial is a better term. Masanosuke was fired from his previous yojimbo position and is left wandering around and trying to figure out what to do with his life. The other main character, Yaichi, has a complicated backstory, and though he is the leader of his little criminal band, he's pretty much a loner as well.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-09-30 at 06:38.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 14:21   Link #771
Siphine
The Dreamer

I don't know if someone already said this but you do know to love ru and highschool dxd arent over yet right? check the to love ru darkness ova and highschool dxd episode 13 (special)

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-09-29 at 14:27. Reason: episode 13 has new season announcement
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 14:25   Link #772
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
I don't know if someone already said this but you do know to love ru and highschool dxd arent over yet right? check the to love ru darkness ova and highschool dxd episode 13 (special)
He's already finished the main series, I hope he'll try the OVAs.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 15:36   Link #773
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Repost from a similar thread:

Some really great romance manga:

Nozoki Ana (this one is being adapted into an anime soon)
Haru yo Koi

Forget ecchi, both of these are almost hentai manga, but in a good/realistic, not a silly way (both are kind of sad). They are both serious romance mangas about people who actually have sex with each other not just chastity couples and even better, the sex is actually depicted.

Also one that is more ecchi/comedy than romance:

Mangaka-San to Assistant-San to (also being adapted soon, IMO the funniest running manga)
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 19:08   Link #774
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

@ Cold-as-ice
Hyouka is on my list since ever; i'm just waiting for bakabt to put a decent download for it

BTOOOM is now more likely to be read. Will surely do when the new season starts or when i finish the titles i've "planned" to read for the moment.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr is a title i had already discovered on my own. It's on my personal list, somewhere in the documents. Thanks for reminding me anyways

Sugar Dark: will definitely check

@ Ninjarealist
Nozoki ana is my favorite ecchi/romance title ever; if you read the main post, under the ecchi/romance mangas list, you'll find it

Haru yo Koi: i checked the synopsis and it looks like it involves yuri; oh well, it's not that i dislike two girls being together but it's not "romantic" for me. Err, not even that, i actually find it frustrating, if you get what i mean.

Mangaka-San to Assistant-San to: Read the synopsis and this is going to be one of my favorite, that's a given. Thank you fucking much for this one . Actually, i'll start reading it now.

PS:
I had checked Love Junkies, but it's too fast paced and episodic; i mean, it lacks the main boy/girl story and they arrive at sex in like two pages, wth.

Thank you again for your answers (And yes, i had checked To love ru darkness and Highschool DxD 13th ep)
Old 2012-09-29, 21:24   Link #775
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
@ Ninjarealist
Nozoki ana is my favorite ecchi/romance title ever; if you read the main post, under the ecchi/romance mangas list, you'll find it

Haru yo Koi: i checked the synopsis and it looks like it involves yuri; oh well, it's not that i dislike two girls being together but it's not "romantic" for me. Err, not even that, i actually find it frustrating, if you get what i mean.

Mangaka-San to Assistant-San to: Read the synopsis and this is going to be one of my favorite, that's a given. Thank you fucking much for this one . Actually, i'll start reading it now.
Actually, Haru Yo Koi starts out as a yuri manga but in reality...

Spoiler:

So there isn't really that much yuri and i think you will like it, but I understand if the yuri is a turn off.

EDIT

And you are welcome. Trying to find good romance manga is like flipping a coin repeatedly.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 23:36   Link #776
maxblaze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified
So, i've become more flexible: i'm looking for anything, as long as it has some little(the more, the better but i'm okay even with nearly none) ecchi and an hint of romance or relationship. Just so you get the idea, the "romance" in mawaru penguindrum is enough for me. Basically, it's okay even if romance isn't the main deal (actually, my favorite titles don't even have romance as the main feature)
http://myanimelist.net/anime/57/Beck - Music was the main deal here but the romance here was also great.

I FUCKING LOVE the music and especially the Romance here..

P.S - the anime only cover 1/4 of the manga.
i prefer to watch it in Dub.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified
I'll add a few infos that might make the search more fruitful:
I'm a loner and i'm bored. The perfect protagonist would be the classic loner that doesn't give a shit about anything but that gets dragged in some interesting situation. Individuals like that comprehend Imamura (from Again!!) and Kyon (from Haruhi suzumiya), even tho the latter is more a normal and bored guy (still okay), or Kurosawa (from Onani Master). Oh, in a way, even the protagonist of Welcome to the NHK would do).
http://myanimelist.net/manga/22044/Iris_Zero - i am 110% sure this one fit your description...
Literally a loner normal and bored guy but gets dragged in some interesting situation by a girl.

Synopsis from MAL
In a world where every boy and girl has a special power called Iris, Toru who, as a result of not having any kind of special power from a young age, lives by his motto, "low exposure" - to live without standing out.

But his peaceful school life changes when he receives a certain "confession" from the school's most popular girl, Koyuki. His motto begins to shake!!

http://myanimelist.net/mangalist/maxblaze
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/maxblaze

Last edited by maxblaze; 2012-10-01 at 04:07.
maxblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 08:46   Link #777
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

today I discovered a title that looked really interesting
http://myanimelist.net/manga/6079/Wa..._no_Tamura-kun

same creator as toradora so I'm expecting this to be really good
Old 2012-10-02, 16:00   Link #778
ReloadKid

http://myanimelist.net/anime/1575/Co...aku_no_Lelouch

Really suggest this, i wasn't really into mecha animes before but after i watched this i feel like it was one of the best shows ever
ReloadKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-03, 20:57   Link #779
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I had taken a little pause from Mangaka-san to Assistant-san because it was too episodic (and every episode was quite short and with less "ecchi" than i expected).

In the meanwhile i watched Hyouka and found scary how Houtarou was the depiction of how i am in real life. The only difference is that i don't have green eyes.

To be honest, i was expecting a BIT more from this anime, but i was satisfied anyways; the animation reminded me a lot of Durarara, the plot was like Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu and the colors reminded me a lot of Boku wa tomadachi (White, black, green, brown). It was a mix of my favorite animes , really appreciated the artwork.

Haruhi was more interesting because she was screwed and there was the supernatural and sci-fi element. Both Kyon and Houtarou are the protagonists that most fit my requirements. The tired/apathetic/bored guy.

@Cold-as-ice:
I'll make sure to check Watashitachi no Tamura-kun out

@Maxblaze:
I'll look into Iris-zero

@Ninjarealist:
Ok, i'll get it on my list then

I'd better edit the main post, adding these titles to the list. Let me know if i skipped something, cba to go look pages back D:

EDIT
UPDATED MAIN POST

Changed it quite drastically, removed many requirements, shortened the post. I'd suggest you go re-read it.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-10-03 at 22:00.
Old 2012-11-18, 18:28   Link #780
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished reading Hetakoi: it would have been one of my favorites... if i hadn't checked Ichigo 100% first.

Sadly, Hetakoi reminded me of the endless Ichigo 100% (that i didn't even finish because of how senselessly long it was) and so i couldn't fully enjoy it. In the end the plot was very likeable and i enjoyed it, but i would have appreciated it more if i hadn't already read ichigo.

They were similar art-wise and even a bit story-wise, but Hetakoi wasn't so retardely long and gave more Kimi no Iru machi vibes.

Luck didn't favor me this time but it's not a good enough reason to value this title less. 9.

-

Finished watching Phantom - Requiem for the Phantom and i liked it a lot. It definitely gave Darker than Black vibes and i really enjoyed the atmosphere. To be honest, the first episodes couldn't really impress me much and i was spacing sometimes, but after episode 10 i just couldn't stop watching it.

People probably preferred the first part, i don't know, but for me it got more and more interesting after ep10 (or probably it was that i had gotten into the middle of the series). 9.5.

Well, that's all for the moment. Next week i decided to watch 5cm per second (since it's a while it was on my list.

As far as mangas are concerned, i think i prefer animes at the moment (No okay, the truth is that i want to read "Dusk maiden amnesia" so bad, but i first want for it to finish or at least have more chapters).

For the moment i'll throw myself in anime watching. Let's see what this season suggests (Not going to start animes that aren't finished but i think it'll be good to make a list just not to forget).

I'd be pleased if you could check the main post and tell me if i skipped some title.

PS: just in case you didn't check the first (AND EDITED) first post, but i no longer need full blown romance centered stories. Even just an hint of romance will do it, as long as the story is interesting and draining. Lately i'm very prone to boredom, so i need something that picks my interest straight from the start; something very impressing and draining, something that will make me engrossed with it right from the beginning.

Thanks again for you attention.