AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 22:10   Link #261
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well a 3rd arm go to be useful but not in the middle of the chest and the 3 sisters seems to be having a lot of fun
Old 2013-01-26, 01:19   Link #262
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Everything is clear now, except why Kamiomi covers his face.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 01:24   Link #263
garbage

^ hmm didn't they explain that in the episode itself. Him being born and dedicating himself selflessly & fully ( no need for face/recognition ) to his sister (Ameterasu vessel). sort of like a ninja, covering his face with a mask.
Old 2013-01-26, 01:25   Link #264
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Everything is clear now, except why Kamiomi covers his face.
He doesn't have an identity. That's what he is after generations of selective breeding. He is "Sasami's brother", he doesn't have a face to call his own.
Old 2013-01-26, 02:45   Link #265
Shadow5YA

So is anyone familiar enough with Japanese gods to figure out what gods Kagami and Tama represent from Tsurugi's description of them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
He doesn't have an identity. That's what he is after generations of selective breeding. He is "Sasami's brother", he doesn't have a face to call his own.
He has a face, but it just doesn't matter because it's been his role to deny his individuality.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 04:24   Link #266
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
He has a face, but it just doesn't matter because it's been his role to deny his individuality.
I like to think what happened, is that Sasami was a freak in the family. In a good way.

For generations, and thousands of years, women willingly drugged themselves and men willingly enslaved themselves. This was why Tsurugi never intervened until now; there doesn't seem to be any victims.

Sasami broke from tradition. She wishes to be free. The brother is still as traditional as ever, but since he is loyal to HER and not the family, he willingly helped her escape.

Sasami can't free her brother from his voluntary enslavement. Not even with divine powers. The greatest prison that exists is what one constructs for themselves. So knowing that he loves her unconditionally, she wanted him to be happy.

(Though note that she specifically forbid their relationship going incestuous; Sasami is intentionally trying to break the chains of her family's past. She loves her brother very much, but he isn't going to get anywhere with her. Some traditions have to end. She doesn't mind being nude around him only because there isn't anything he hasn't already seen.)
Old 2013-01-26, 05:21   Link #267
Gohan78
Awakened One

Well, this felt more like a final episode than a third episode. I guess it's one case where the author didn't expect to get a second volume and wrapped up every mistery in the first book. Now the question is if he is capable of creating new interesting situations for Sasami & co.

I was slightly disappointed that Sasami's hikikomori problem was hand-waved like that. I thought it was the result of a psychological trauma, instead it was just an attack from an evil god.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
(Though note that she specifically forbid their relationship going incestuous; Sasami is intentionally trying to break the chains of her family's past. She loves her brother very much, but he isn't going to get anywhere with her. Some traditions have to end. She doesn't mind being nude around him only because there isn't anything he hasn't already seen.)
I am not sure about this. She was clearly jealous in the Valentine episode. It seems to me that she has some romantic feelings for Kamiomi but she is not ready to bring their relationship on the next level.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 05:40   Link #268
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
I am not sure about this. She was clearly jealous in the Valentine episode. It seems to me that she has some romantic feelings for Kamiomi but she is not ready to bring their relationship on the next level.
There isn't going to BE a next level. This is a case when everything is backwards; usually it is tradition that holds back an incestuous relationship. But in this case she is fighting against tradition. They love each other very much, this is not in doubt. What is lacking isn't the feelings, but the fact that she wants things to change. They will never be more than brother and sister, because she deliberately made sure of that. That doesn't mean they can't show affection in every other way; it's just that physical intimacy is not on the cards.
Old 2013-01-26, 09:38   Link #269
EroKing

NSFW
Warning: Not safe to view at work or school!
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-01-26, 10:39   Link #270
novalysis

Actually, I am of the opinion that the last half of this show has been one of the more awesome fight scenes in anime this season yet. I admit, I was cackling in laughter, on a train while watching the Sisters thrashing the shrine supposedly dedicated to them.

"You pray at a shrine."

Shrine defense burst into flames.

That scene alone made this episode memorable.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 10:59   Link #271
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

From what I gather, Sasami and Kamiomi will not get together because Tama exists, from which Tsurugi/Amaterasu herself claims to be the next in line for her power, when it's traditionally to be the female child product of an incestous brother/sister relationship (aka. supposedly Sasami/Kamiomi's child).

Or maybe it's because I'm slowly inching towards boarding the TsurugiXKamiomi ship that I'm thinking that way.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 21:19   Link #272
Grey

The names were a trap! Those sneaky sneaks. I didn't expect any of that.

And now I have no idea where the story is going. They cleared up all the mysteries in one shot.
Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-26, 22:40   Link #273
Entravity

Yay, SHAFT explained some of the story. Looking good.
Old 2013-01-26, 23:03   Link #274
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
From what I gather, Sasami and Kamiomi will not get together because Tama exists, from which Tsurugi/Amaterasu herself claims to be the next in line for her power, when it's traditionally to be the female child product of an incestous brother/sister relationship (aka. supposedly Sasami/Kamiomi's child).

Or maybe it's because I'm slowly inching towards boarding the TsurugiXKamiomi ship that I'm thinking that way.
No, Tama was created by Tsurugi.

The reason why Sasami rejects her brother's advances is because she wants to break the Tsukuyomi tradition, where they commit incest and inbreed to keep Amaterasu's power in the lineage.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 19:33   Link #275
Shimapan
Try me! <3

At first, I was a bit sceptical if I should pick up this anime...
The last Shaft series, Madoka Magika, started out not too bad, but very quickly turned into a trolling feast of giant proportions

However, I'Ve watched up to ep. 3 now, and I enjoyed it quite a bit, actually
All that Shintou stuff makes it very interesting, a good bit of whackyness, but no deranged trolling so far... good
I just hope that it will stay to be as entertainting as it is now and not devolve into another giant trolling feast like Madoka.

So Sasami-san can finally enter the outside world after the end of ep. 3... wouldn't have thought that. I'm curious what will happen next to her now
Old 2013-01-28, 00:22   Link #276
Elestia

I am going to miss her nightgown outfit. It was one of the more adorable sleeping apparel I've seen recently.
Old 2013-01-28, 06:33   Link #277
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

ah... finally...
I'm glad I'm not giving up on this series from first episode

when they actually explain what's going on... this series suddenly become promising...

xD.... go on Sasami! so you're not actually a lazy-bum hikikomori girl... you have a cute side, eh?

and that loli-Amaterasu.... reminded me a lot with Kyoko Sakura...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 08:06   Link #278
Pacify

Lol, that really did feel like a Final rather then the 3rd episode. not sure whats going to fill the remaining 10 episodes
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 20:57   Link #279
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Something bugs me. Ep.3 said Sasami's ancestor Ninigi passed down Amaterasu's power through incest, but Ninigi is supposedly married to Konohana Sakuya, fathering 3 (4 according to some sources) sons. And Ninigi is supposed to be a God. So I guess this part is where it stops being myth and becomes the author's own work.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:17   Link #280
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Something bugs me. Ep.3 said Sasami's ancestor Ninigi passed down Amaterasu's power through incest, but Ninigi is supposedly married to Konohana Sakuya, fathering 3 (4 according to some sources) sons. And Ninigi is supposed to be a God. So I guess this part is where it stops being myth and becomes the author's own work.
The split off is that in this world, there are TWO Royal families. The Japanese Royals seen in public, and the "Real" Royals who passed down the female line and in secret.

So of course the legends differ. Sasami's family was not suppose to exist because they made it so. The male line had no divine powers and became the token face of the Emperors. While they supposedly had an unbroken line of women who passed the Goddess power down.

Myths are flexible enough that they really can't be considered canon or not. For example, the Tama was not part of the royal treasures until much later when it was added in.

Tags
fantasy, romantic comedy, shounen