AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-07-03, 01:34   Link #41
yukihime
fuyu no bara

Hoping for Laruku to come...
To Europe? keep your fingers crossed till they're numb, my friend. sorry to break your heart, but i live in the same part of the world as they are (asia) but so far they have never been to my country.

expecting Last Quarter with intense anxiety...
wishing to see hyde's latest progress in acting...
yukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-03, 13:31   Link #42
koyaanisqatsi
Πρεσβύτερος Πεσιμιστής

....yes, I agree. I live in Oxford in the UK but if they come to, say, Paris for example, I will definitely travel over to see them!
I first come to know L'Arc when I was in school...there was this Japanese girl who was a massive fan of L'Arc. She had every single one of their albums, and even get sister/parents in Japan to send them over to Oxford as soon as they were out! She got loads of people completely hooked on L'Arc...
That was about 6 years ago...OMG so long ago!!
I like Hitomi No Jyuunin...the high notes sound great! although they probably digitally fiddled with the recording a bit to make it sounds so good...no offence to Hyde, but I have never hear them live...I have also heard Time Goes On. I thought I will listen to it more times, and maybe it will grow on me a bit more...I am like that with some of their songs...
anyone heard the song 'A Swell in the Sun'? I remember I was quite impressed by it after listening it 20+ times...If you have heard 'Pieces' then you might perceive in it certain similarities with 'Hitomi No Jyuunin'...
In the Ready Steady Go single, the only version of Ready Steady Go I like was Ken's. What do people think? Yukihiro's vocal talent is...well...
You guys who saw L'Arc live, consider yourselves exceedingly lucky and pray for the consolations of those of us who don't have the chance!
koyaanisqatsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 11:36   Link #43
Chiaki Nozomi
Indie Director

Send a message via AIM to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via MSN to Chiaki Nozomi Send a message via Yahoo to Chiaki Nozomi
You know, at times like these I saw a mass forum visit to a Japan concert is in order!
^_~.
Chiaki Nozomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-05, 23:04   Link #44
yukihime
fuyu no bara

true, i didn't really like Pieces the 1st time i heard it. but then i learned what the lyrics meant... and i just fell in love with it. the fact that hyde wrote that while imagining that he is speaking to his child (metaphore: piece of me = my child)... it just touched me.
yukihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-15, 22:46   Link #45
PixelFool

going to commit seppuku

OMG L'arc En Ciel is playing their FIRST and probably only (CRYING!!!!) live concert in the USA at Otakon in Baltimore MD. DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a family reunion on that day... that's just something you can't miss......
But seriously! Otakon is the only con I've ever been to and it couldn't have been THIS YEAR?!?!?! ARRRRRRRRRGH! HYDE SAMAAA~! KEN SAMAAA~!

I think my favorite song is Pieces, or maybe Snow Drop... or maybe ... yeah others, the names of which I've forgotten since it's been like 3 months since I've listened to anything Japanese. (tear).

The BEST. Japanese Band. Ever. Totally. (then Glay... yay)
PixelFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 11:17   Link #46
Yuki^.^v

Yeah, I definetely have to join this... It's nice to see Laruku having fans all over the world! >.<v Well, my fav album currently: SMILE and fav song - geez - that's a hard one.^^° I like Heaven's Drive, Metropolis, Lover Boy, Coming Closer, Hitomi no Juunin, Niji, Stay away, anemone, Blurry eyes (although the PV is ) and, and, and! Really can't decide on just one, because they're all very different.

So to all of you, who bought the new single: What's this P'unk-en-ciel thing about? I'm thinking of getting this single, but don't really like Tetsu's voice...^^°

Oh, I wouldn't mind Laruku playing in France!^^ Could be a nice holiday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a concert in Europe!
Yuki^.^v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-01, 12:45   Link #47
Yuki^.^v

Anyone out there who was lucky to see Laruku in concert at Otakon??? If so, pleeeaaaase tell us about it!!! What was it like? How long did they play? You know, the usual stuff you could tell about a concert!
Yuki^.^v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 00:15   Link #48
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

For the juicy bits, go visit Otakon's official forum. They made a section just for Laruku fans, and many of them posted post-concert thoughts about their experience. It's not the same as watching them live yourself, but it's comforting to know that someone else enjoyed it.
Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 01:04   Link #49
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuki^.^v
Anyone out there who was lucky to see Laruku in concert at Otakon??? If so, pleeeaaaase tell us about it!!! What was it like? How long did they play? You know, the usual stuff you could tell about a concert!
I saw them there. Not being a major Larku fan I only took in the beginning of the concert, but they seriously rocked. The drums were intense and went right through my body without overwhelming the rest of the music. Unfortunately the vocals were a bit drowned out by the guitars, but not too badly to keep me from enjoying the sound of his voice. It made me wish I had time for more, but I needed to get onto the line for the masquerade.

There wasn't much talking between songs, but the lead singer did greet the crowd in English and asked us if we ate crab. (Crab is the regional delicacy in Baltimore.) He said that he liked the crab.

I'm afraid that I can't tell you which songs I heard them play because I really don't know most of their music by name. Sorry, I'm really not a big J-Pop fan. One of them sounded very familiar though. I hope that someone who knows their music better than I do was there and can tell you more.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 01:08   Link #50
Kero Gunsou
ロリが大好きな男

Here you go...go to their site and click set list

http://www.larc-en-ciel.com/index.html
Kero Gunsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-03, 01:18   Link #51
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Thanks for the set list. In case anyone wants to see something insane I'm posting this photo I took of a bit of the line. It winds up and down several streets. This picture is three blocks from the stadium. In this picture the line is on the right hand side, with the stadium visible at the top left. Click on the thumbnail for the full sized image.

Edit: After taking a good look at the L'arc~en~Ciel website I noticed that amazingly they actually took a picture of me! I'm in the front row on this balcony in this picture. Only readers of the L'Arc~en~ciel Thread will ever see this extremely rare picture of me. Congratulations!
Spoiler:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-03 at 01:39.
Old 2004-08-03, 02:26   Link #52
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
OMG kick ass I love their music I just came back from Japan and I got their CD smile for my birthday

HOLY SHIT are those all anime fans 0_0 HOLY SHIT
Leo_Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 12:46   Link #53
animeJPOPPER

did anyone go see L'arc at Otakon???

Hey peeps! I was just wondering if anyone went to the Otakon concert and saw L'arc live! I really wanted to go, but living on the west coast you know how hard that was.... pics or any stories...I would love to see&hear them! Also, where do you guys get your L'arc info all the time? let me know please!
animeJPOPPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-14, 13:27   Link #54
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I'm merging this into the Official L'arc thread. You can find L'arc information there. You'll also see some coverage of the Otakon concert starting at My post here.

Next time please search before posting.

Old 2004-08-25, 01:06   Link #55
Satsujinken

L'Arc en Ciel

Who likes L'Arc En Ciel? I mean, c'mon... how can you not like these guys?

For example, they sang Driver's High, first OP for GTO and they also sang Ready Steady Go for FMA. These guys are kick ass, they were also at Otakon this year where they held a concert.

Thoughts on these guys? Hate them? Like them? Or just plain don't care?

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-25 at 01:14. Reason: Please search before creating a new thread. Questions like this make you look stupid since so many people have already admitted to liking Larku.
Satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 17:08   Link #56
Babak

And for the unlucky people like me, who missed the concert. Here's a few pics!

Well, sad thing I missed it. But, there are more chances coming!
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-25, 18:09   Link #57
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak
And for the unlucky people like me, who missed the concert. Here's a few pics!

Well, sad thing I missed it. But, there are more chances coming!
KYAAAA!!! <-- This is a fangirl screaming

Love those pics (especially Hyde! )

Ahhh!! I wish I could be there!
Oh well, next time maybe...when Laruku is gonna come for a performance in France ( I know, I'm dreaming...T_T...)
Old 2004-08-25, 21:26   Link #58
Satsujinken

Crap, gomen, I didn't see this thread earlier and started one of my own.

Anyways, favorite song: "Stay Away" and favorite Album: "Real".

Man, I wish I was there for the concert...
Old 2004-08-25, 23:40   Link #59
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

I was at the concert as well. I must say that they did very well. The crowd loved them As for me well, I don't really like them but they did offer a pretty neat concert, I must say.

I don't like their music, BUT I got one big question here, the lastest opening song of FMA is really good. I love that opening song and I also like the previous one. Did these guys sing those songs? Because if they did I would have to take back what I just said about their music.

Please someone tell me the name of those songs I would appreciate it
Old 2004-08-25, 23:52   Link #60
Satsujinken

They sang Ready Steady Go but they didn't sing Rewrite. It was sung by Asian Kung Fu Generation.

Anyways, during the Laruku concert in Otakon... when Hyde was talking... did he say: "Did you eat crabs?" Or "Did you eat craps?" because... his english wasn't very... uhhhh, well polished.