AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-04-20, 18:11   Link #1801
xellos2099

Now I remember what arc you are talking about. That arc is pretty good at showing how evil Hayate parents really are.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-21, 16:42   Link #1802
Fandal

I don't know where to put this, but Hinagiku Katsura and Mikoto Misaka (From Index) - both their personalities are very similar. They both are extremely smart (both even wear shorts!). They both also are the most popular characters for their series.

Does anyone know where these characters were inspired from?

I'm also a little curious. What's their popularity like for Males and for Females viewers of the show?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-27, 01:08   Link #1803
xellos2099

What are some of the manga chapter that people want to get animed in second season? I mean we will sure get the cat arc and Hina birthday arc. What other arc would you want to get animed?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-29, 05:10   Link #1804
Seitsuki
Onee!

i'm pretty sure that they'll all get animated. even if it ends up just being a 10 min short or something
Old 2009-05-22, 20:31   Link #1805
RemieGino14

Sorry if I sound like I'm intruding and If I post in the wrong spot, but I just wanted to put my input opinion on the series so far which is...

When the hell are they gonna reveal who Hayate really likes? Theres seems to be too many hints.

- RemieGino14 -
RemieGino14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 10:51   Link #1806
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemieGino14 View Post
When the hell are they gonna reveal who Hayate really likes? Theres seems to be too many hints.
In the last few episodes of the final season of the anime and/or in the last few chapters of the manga.

It's a shounen romantic comedy. There's practically a law that dictates this to be the case.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-29, 09:18   Link #1807
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Who knows if he lieks someone out of the bunch? Maybe he had already liked someone. Too bad I wouldn't read the manga raws section for fearing that I would spoil myself and forever change my future expectations in the series. Oh woe is me for not wanting to know more.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 01:52   Link #1808
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
It's a shounen romantic comedy. There's practically a law that dictates this to be the case.
(Wow, this the first time that I've actually seen somebody else say it's a shounen rom-com.)

You gotta figure Relentlessflame's correct, because no matter who Hayate ends up with from his considerable harem, a sizable chunk of the audience is gonna be p.o'd that it wasn't somebody else and won't stick around to see what happens next. No one wants to take the chance on losing audience numbers and so the manga keeps ratcheting up the sexual tension and, along with the anime which now seems to basically just regurgitate the manga storyline, has settled into a nice little rom-com rut and every time the story starts to sag they'll just trot out a new female. It will go on so long that in the end most people won't really care who ends up with whom.

I'm staying for the occasional flash of visual satire or fairly brilliant humorous commentary
Spoiler:
which, to me, makes Hayate worth it
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 10:41   Link #1809
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

I don't know if this has been asked before but I have the impression that A-tan is actually maria.

is this correct?
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 10:52   Link #1810
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
I don't know if this has been asked before but I have the impression that A-tan is actually maria.

is this correct?
As far as I've heard [I don't read the raws since, well, I can't], no.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-14, 18:06   Link #1811
Phantasmagoria
*Author

I am pretty sure A-tan isn't Maria?

It's pretty weird for an anime character to dye hair? (A-tan has it golden, and Maria's reddish-brown.)

Anyway I am rooting for Hinagiku and Maria
Old 2009-06-14, 18:26   Link #1812
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Well, what I enjoy most about Hayate are the meta references.

So on the whole "who does Hayate end up with?" question, I'm more interested in whether Nagi (or another character, but I figure Nagi is most likely to figure it out) comes to realize that she's competing in a harem anime scenario over Hayate, and what genre savvy attempts she will then make to try and exploit the common tropes.

For example, will she try something revolving around her apparent (to her) "First Girl" status? Will she discover that Ayumu is actually the "First Girl" (in the anime)? Will there be an anime vs manga debate?

Will Nagi then ensnare Wataru and his semi-harem into being her guinea pig to test things on? (Poor Wataru- Isumi will probably get a bad impression of him again).

Hmmm... what other self-mocking shenanigans can the show get into?

And all the while Hayate continues being completely oblivious...
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 02:17   Link #1813
chinaboat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well, what I enjoy most about Hayate are the meta references.

So on the whole "who does Hayate end up with?" question, I'm more interested in whether Nagi (or another character, but I figure Nagi is most likely to figure it out) comes to realize that she's competing in a harem anime scenario over Hayate, and what genre savvy attempts she will then make to try and exploit the common tropes.

Hmmm... what other self-mocking shenanigans can the show get into?

And all the while Hayate continues being completely oblivious...
I would like to see any or all of those ideas but from what I'm understanding if it's not in the manga you probably won't see it. It would be great to see one more OAV's, like in season one, that take advantage of the anime form but I've not seen any references to that happening. - I wonder if sticking to the manga is more of a budgetary consideration than anything else; I would imagine writers who simply edit the manga are less expensive than one's who can come up with solid, original scripts based on the manga.
chinaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-15, 11:01   Link #1814
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaboat View Post
I wonder if sticking to the manga is more of a budgetary consideration than anything else; I would imagine writers who simply edit the manga are less expensive than one's who can come up with solid, original scripts based on the manga.
Well, I doubt it's to hire cheaper writers -- even adapting an existing script for animation is a lot of work. My guess is that it's to play it a little bit safer in terms of reaching their target audience and making their sales goals. The first season was airing in early-morning TV, and funded by major sponsors (P&G, McDonalds, etc.). The second season is airing in late-night without major advertising support, and so is depending mostly on things like DVD/Blu-Ray sales to pay for the production. Writing original content brings with it a risk that your core target audience won't appreciate the changes. With this season, they appear to be sticking more closely to many manga readers' favourite characters and stories. That sort of "playing it safe" is likely to be rewarded with solid sales.

Basically, when times get tough, double-down on your safer bets to weather the storm. That's basically the overall strategy of the industry these days.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 23:43   Link #1815
MadModBassist
That funky dude himself

Location: Where it's circular on the outside and high in the middle.
I recently (within the past few months) finished the first season and moved on to the second season, so I'm all caught up with the series. That said...

How the hell did the writers know my two favorite anime series in descending order in Episode 44?!!? First it was Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, using the Nia Teppelin, then they cut to someone cosplaying as Eruruu form Utawarerumono!! How do they know this stuff?!

Seriously, that's the biggest coincidence I've ever witnessed in my life. I was half-expecting Clannad to make an appearance next.
MadModBassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 09:16   Link #1816
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
For example, will she try something revolving around her apparent (to her) "First Girl" status? Will she discover that Ayumu is actually the "First Girl" (in the anime)? Will there be an anime vs manga debate?
Ayumu isn't the "first girl." Someone beat her to it, and it was a real relationship, not one-sided.

Update: I didn't notice the "in anime" part so sorry for that.

Nagi doesn't care whether Ayumu is the first or not, she owns Hayate and thinks that he loves her.

Both Ayumu and Nagi's position are one-sided, same with the other girls. So I've yet to see this as a real competition.

Quote:
Will Nagi then ensnare Wataru and his semi-harem into being her guinea pig to test things on? (Poor Wataru- Isumi will probably get a bad impression of him again).
No, Wataru has his own personal harem, counting in Saki, the nun, and somehow Sakuya seems to fit in there. Isumi is still out of reach for Wataru and I doubt Isumi will notice him until they get older.

Quote:
And all the while Hayate continues being completely oblivious
He seems to misunderstand anything important but understands anything.. well useless.

Last edited by leoblack9; 2009-08-13 at 09:30.
leoblack9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-23, 10:15   Link #1817
Kanish

I just finished watching the first season and I have to say this really was a fantastic anime. I've never watched an anime as ridiculous as this that has also simultaneously been this funny and cutesy before. Granted there were some episodes I didn't like, but it still was amazingly well executed.
Kanish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-29, 04:39   Link #1818
kagetenshi

seriously, the series is amazing, bu they need to add a new spark to it now. if youve read the manga, then youll know wat i mean: right after they get back for a new year, they go hiking and a bear attacks them and furthermore, they cant kick its but in 5 secs
kagetenshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-30, 03:07   Link #1819
kagetenshi

BTW, im kinda rooting for Hayate to choose Hinagiku. After all, they do like each other. For Wataru, Isumi's definitely not gonna realize his ubsession with her. Sakuya and Wataru seem to make a good pairing.
Old 2009-08-30, 03:22   Link #1820
kagetenshi

Anyways, Im kinda hoping a new characte will show up now. It will make the show more interesting (ifpossible)
1. Needs to be a guy around Hayates age
2. Has to be good looking and is popular with the girls at Hakuo and be good at a sport
3. He has to be in love with Hinagiku and open with his crush
It'll be kinda comical
He'll be the one who always make advances on Hina but gets rejected everytime e.g
While Hayates getting beat up by Nagi, he puts his arm coolly aroung Hina and asks her to dinner, which then she punches him on the side of the face and says something that is a rejection
Also, he can see that Hayate and Hina like each other and tries to beat Haate at everything to win Hinas heart

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen, synergy sp