AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-01-26, 03:41   Link #81
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I think he originally intended to have it focused on Chad, like why he joined, where he would go from there, etc. but in the end he was totally left out of it. Did the final chapter even have a single panel of Chad in it?
Old 2012-01-26, 04:17   Link #82
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It seemed more about explaining his powers than developing his character. That seems to sum up Kubo's priorities rather well these days. (Bleach is pretty much all about Bankais/Reveals/Power Ups/Ressurections). I wonder why he couldn't just do both.
Old 2012-01-26, 12:21   Link #83
itachi-san314

He could have if he were a better story teller. I think the way to go to make chad really interesting would have been to replace ginjo with him and have chad turn somewhat evil. based on the fact that he never measures up to ichigo and cant save people anymore from the worst villains, he could have easily become frustrated and 'given in to the dark side' so to speak with his fullbring ability. chad vs ichigo would have made this arc compelling and made chad a worthwhile character imo. instead he's just bland and boring as usual and the fullbringers were too irrelevant to care about.
Old 2012-01-26, 12:28   Link #84
Liwyn

Send a message via MSN to Liwyn
I read until page 3, then it got TL;DR

I personally liked this arc. It wasn't perfect, I admit. I would've liked to see the background history of Ginjo and the others, I would've liked it if Kubo didn't slack with drawings ("sunset" and Soi Fon's STUMP, wtf? ) and I would've liked it better if he didn't go off on a damn three week vacation, leaving me with withdrawal symtoms!

I love Bleach and I have always enjoyed it. It has its flaws, but it also has some good potential. I'd love to see more of Urahara's story, or as earlier mentioned in the thread; Isshin's story and more info about squad 0.

Does anyone know which date the new chapter will be out so I can stop checking my manga websites every day, btw?
Old 2012-01-26, 15:24   Link #85
sayde

Kanon kindly confirmed for us that we'll see the next chapter on the 8th.
Old 2012-01-26, 18:16   Link #86
Liwyn

Thanks for the info
Old 2012-01-26, 22:27   Link #87
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
No, you are correct. No chapter until the 8th.

Jump is releasing infos about the current Gotei 13 in the meantime. It's just rough sketches of the captains' new look and some uninteresting Q&A with Kubo. Last week detailed division one through four, and this week 5 through 9. That leaves 10 through 13 for next week.

The only juicy bit of info so far is that Unohana will fight in the next arc. This week's scans haven't been translated yet though.

Also...

LOL
It was also mentioned that of the arrancar: Grimmjow and Nel have high chances of making appearances again. Noitora, Hal and Stark have slim, but possible, chances. Of course, that info came from Bleach's editor based on discussion with Kubo not from the man himself.

Old 2012-01-27, 02:26   Link #88
Alchemist007
*Author

I'm going to need sources/screencaps for this. It's a long wait.
Old 2012-01-27, 04:45   Link #89
Langus
Optimus Prime

In case anyone is curious about the next arc... (based on the Editor's discussions with Kubo)

http://bleachness.livejournal.com/697832.html

Spoiler for spoilers for next arc - who is coming back and who isn't:
Old 2012-01-27, 08:01   Link #90
Alchemist007
*Author

Spoiler:

Also the new arc is going to be named...?

Spoiler:
Old 2012-01-27, 11:42   Link #91
Liwyn

Spoiler for :
Old 2012-01-27, 12:10   Link #92
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Spoiler for dat palace:
Old 2012-01-27, 15:50   Link #93
sayde

Wow, what an eye opener. This might be the best opportunity we've gotten yet to get a feeling of just how much thought and planning Kubo puts into this story from week to week. And having stated that, I'll simply end this thought here. Take it as you will.

On another note,
Spoiler for manga:
Old 2012-01-27, 23:30   Link #94
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
In case anyone is curious about the next arc... (based on the Editor's discussions with Kubo)

http://bleachness.livejournal.com/697832.html

Spoiler for spoilers for next arc - who is coming back and who isn't:
cool info!

also apparently:
Spoiler for kubo says:
Old 2012-01-27, 23:56   Link #95
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Spoiler for kubo says:
If Kubo was feeling creative and determined enough, he could bring him back. I mean we know he could dissolve parts of his body into dust and then have it reform. We also know he's one of the few arrancar who's been conveniently fortunate enough to have healing based abilities such as instant regeneration. So the foundation has been set. For example, all Kubo has to do is expand on what's already been established by revealing his body to have an automatic & instinctive ability to protect itself by breaking down to dust and then reforming at a later time (somewhat similar to Mayuri's trump card). I don't think that would be all too surprising or hard to fathom. It also wouldn't be very difficult to explain how even Ulquiorra himself wouldn't know about this ability until afterwards if Kubo confirmed Ulq's first defeat ever to be by Ichigo's hand. But for better or for worse, Kubo didn't seem like he was anywhere's close to coming up with this idea. So for all intents and purposes, you're probably correct in assuming Espada #4 to be gone for good.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-01-28 at 00:08.
Old 2012-01-28, 01:09   Link #96
Alchemist007
*Author

It'd be beyond reason to say it's implausible because it's just bullshit to bring a character back out of the blue, we know Kubo is capable of that.

Creative powers - useful only when one gives a f***. He doesn't want to bring him back (if he does, he would).
Old 2012-01-28, 06:20   Link #97
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Ulquiorra could also be reborn as a soul in SS and become a shinigami, or maybe Orihime could just zap him into existence again.
Quote:
Creative powers - useful only when one gives a f***. He doesn't want to bring him back (if he does, he would).
This, pretty much...
Old 2012-01-28, 06:25   Link #98
Alchemist007
*Author

I forget how Hollow deaths work. I think if beaten by a Zanpakutou then it gets purified and sent to SS. If killed some other way, it's exterminated permanently (or turned into the spirit particle matter). Ulq's demise was a cero. Wasn't that why the Quincy's were killed off too? Their method doesn't purify but simply kills.
Old 2012-01-28, 11:18   Link #99
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I forget how Hollow deaths work. I think if beaten by a Zanpakutou then it gets purified and sent to SS. If killed some other way, it's exterminated permanently (or turned into the spirit particle matter). Ulq's demise was a cero. Wasn't that why the Quincy's were killed off too? Their method doesn't purify but simply kills.
yea I have to agree here. It's true that kubo stretches things and sometimes makes no sense, but bringing ulquiorra back would completely break a well established rule that hollows' souls get permanently destroyed when killed by means other than a zanpakutou
Old 2012-01-28, 13:23   Link #100
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
cool info!

also apparently:
Spoiler for kubo says:
I thought the only arrancar of any real strenght left where Nel and Harribel all the others where confirmed dead?
Closed Thread