AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-04-24, 22:12   Link #1
Velsy

Manga Gender Bender Comedies

Hi

I've been interested in reading some gender bender comidies of late, to do with mangas. Romance in it is still fine.

I just read Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo and was really liking it, but it lacks too few chapters yet. So I kinda want to look for more, but dont really know where to start . I have read a few of them, but I am expecting there is alot more I dont know of ^_^

Just to make it clear, I am not looking for cross-dressing, its more body swapping, supernatural kinda stuff.

I appricaite any help in finding titles along these lines ^_^
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 22:23   Link #2
jedinat

RANMA 1/2
Pretty Face
1/2 Prince
Return
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-24, 23:05   Link #3
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
There's Mayo Chiki (manga version), Boku x Kano, Idol Pretender, Otomegokoro no Jiyuugata, and Fukigen Cinderella.

That's all the gender bender stuff I know.
Old 2012-04-25, 02:53   Link #4
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deikan View Post
There's Mayo Chiki (manga version), Boku x Kano, Idol Pretender, Otomegokoro no Jiyuugata, and Fukigen Cinderella.

That's all the gender bender stuff I know.
Some of them has crossdressing content rather than genderswap content.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 06:37   Link #5
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

Kaempfer
Sora no Otoshimono (in some episodes)
Baka To Test (has a 'genderswapping' character)

These are anime, but anime often have manga source material, so it should be worth a try.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 17:15   Link #6
theazn

I was looking for something like this a few weeks ago as well and found "Pretty Face" to be pretty good.
theazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-25, 22:19   Link #7
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

2nd Idol Pretender, one of my favorties atm, I can only hope it gets a decent run, for some reason I feel it might get cut short.
Also have to 2nd 1/2 Prince but it's not the usual kinda body swapping, gender bending story but def worth a read.

Pretty Face is pretty good another old favorite.

Could give Kakumei no Hi, pretty odd premise this one acutally, it's about a guy thats very feminine and somehow finds out he's actually suppoed to be a girl or soemthing, so has an op that does just that and story goes from there. Yea I know pretty weird but thats how I remember it.

Nyotai-ka - from what I remember it had some romance but it's really more borderline H than anything else.

Sekainohate de Aimashou - Guy saves a alien prince dude, then gets turned into a girl and prince wants her to be his wife.
Pretty funny series.

Ame Nochi Hare - group of guys get truned into girls when a storm happens, they don't stay as girls but change whenever the storm happens or something.
Very nice story and I rather like the art.
Problem with this series is scans are slow, very very slow actually bordering on stalled/stopped as it is.

Ichinensei ni Nacchattara - Actually not sure I should recommend this one cause it involves Elementary School kids mainly and romance is slow I guess.
Highschool guy is turned into a Elementary School girl and he's stuck living with the girl he likes from his school.

Oh yea another I remember is Grant My Wish Aizen. It's a short story at only 2 chapters long but rather lovely little story, I really like this one.
Old 2012-04-27, 12:26   Link #8
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Some of them has crossdressing content rather than genderswap content.
Crossdressing is by far the most common TG story type, unfortunately, second to body swapping (usually by falling on someone and bumping heads). Not that they're all terrible, but the stories where someone actually becomes the opposite sex aren't as common (and more H than not, sadly). Plus, the "event" happens in the first part of the story and then quickly dropped, and then you get a bunch of overused gags about gender stereotypes like "everything jiggles", "how do you pee", etc. And to be honest, most of these characters may as well have been the swapped gender from the start, since they already act the part....

Yeah, I'm venting.

There are a lot of good TG stories out there, but once you break them down by type of TG things get a lot more difficult to find once you've started to dig into what is out there. Especially since so much of it is untranslated.
Old 2012-04-29, 15:21   Link #9
Velsy

Thank you for the replies.

It really does seem most the genre is more cross dressing focused. Was sorta hoping to see alot more of the bodyswapping, supernatural things not just for cheap Gags but with decent comedy. Was interested in reading stories that may come with more struggle and the consequence side, added along the way. Conflict/confusion between the mind and body etc. Just some of the reasons I thought may be interesting to raed if they were out there.

Thank you for the replies again, gives me some titles to have a look into ^_^ even if there doesnt seem to be much around :/

ps - the Anime really put me off Kampfer, It felt really badly done <.< (I'd put it among my worse't animes I've seen )
Old 2012-04-29, 15:22   Link #10
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velsy View Post
Thank you for the replies.

It really does seem most the genre is more cross dressing focused. Was sorta hoping to see alot more of the bodyswapping, supernatural things not just for cheap Gags but with decent comedy. Was interested in reading stories that may come with more struggle and the consequence side added along the way. Conflict between the mind and body etc. Just some of the reasons I thought may be interesting to raed if they were out there.

Thank you for the replies again, gives me some titles to have a look into ^_^ even if there doesnt seem to be much around :/
Don't forget with Kokoro Connect !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-02, 05:25   Link #11
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Ame Nochi Hare - group of guys get truned into girls when a storm happens, they don't stay as girls but change whenever the storm happens or something.
Very nice story and I rather like the art.
Problem with this series is scans are slow, very very slow actually bordering on stalled/stopped as it is.
Thanks for this.

Story completely ignores h-gimmicks and just tells it straight as a slice of life romance but with an unusual twist. Only complaint though is 5 guys is a bit too many.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-22, 19:39   Link #12
Velsy

1/2 Prince hasnt been much on the gender bender attributes, but I've enjoyed the story. I do like how shes hiding her gender, even tho shes been pretty clumbsy. Which raeding it led me to Vamprie doll, which I liked. Even tho I get teh feeling its ment for boylove. I have to admit him being a doll kinda suits him and breaks the ice abit ^_^ Plus I do enjoy raeding things in the vampire genre.

Fukigen Cinderella has been really good, and recently found Boku wa Mari no Naka, But both a really short on the chapters avaliable *cries*. The guy Fukigen Cinderella might be a little bit of an a$$, but I think it be for an interesting story. Hes alraedy shown alot of shock and confusion over whats happening.

Currently reading Ame Nochi Hare but like mentioned, very few chapters :'(

Got one coming up also called Tenshi na Konamaiki to check out. Seems hard to find a sizeable story one with quite a few chapters out, I did try Renma 1/2 but the art put me off. Pretty face was more a face Job, more than anything.

I appriciate the suggestions posted ^_^
Old 2012-05-22, 19:57   Link #13
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I heard from a girl that this title was very good
http://myanimelist.net/manga/14115/Prunus_Girl
Old 2012-05-23, 00:03   Link #14
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Ranma 1/2 of course.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote