Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-11-13, 11:41   Link #5381
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, I do suppose that if she actually was sent, that would explain why she's not looking for her mother. Although I wonder, wouldn't she have wanted the seal removed when she finally got into youkai academy? Once again, my theory of her liking Outer kicks in.

Perhaps the next chapter might even give us insight as to why she was sent to the human world... come to think of it, it sounds like she was the only one of her sisters sent to the human world. After all, Kalua was sent to be an assassin, and we assume that kokoa has been living at home.

So much plot... hence why this series is so good. And that's only on Moka's side. If I start going into the devices around Tsukune, this will be a hell of a post (and I'll have changed subject too)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 11:53   Link #5382
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

i thought Kokoa hunted down moka the entire time.
Old 2008-11-13, 11:58   Link #5383
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... okay then, make it she was looking for Moka (but in the world of youkai, not humans)

Still, Moka is the only one who went to the human world. As I said, the question is, why?

Old 2008-11-13, 12:03   Link #5384
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

To get away from Kokoa.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:05   Link #5385
dosetsu

Seems like oversight by the mangaka. At first I thought a vampires power was just too great for them to turn off and on like other youkai; once her seal is broken, she stays in vampire form until she puts it back on, rather then switching of her own accord. But judging from these recent additions, it seems like he has just forgotten, unless Kahlua's earrings are seals themselves.

Moka did say she was the one with a different mother, so it would make sense as to why she was the only one to go.
dosetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 12:08   Link #5386
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Unless it's another translation error, I believe she's said that all four of them had different mothers. As for being sealed off, I assume that she was sealed in order to live with her mother, based on the info I'm now getting

heh... sounds like mommy and daddy went through a divorce, at least for Moka. Either that, or daddy sent his wife and daughter away to be free of the dark underworld. Wait, theory mode is on again, but I'll save it

As for Kalua... well, she's actually trained, whereas Moka isn't

Old 2008-11-13, 12:13   Link #5387
dosetsu

She didn't. "Of us four sisters, the two youngest come from a different mother, but we all lived together."
Old 2008-11-13, 12:14   Link #5388
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Unless it's another translation error, I believe she's said that all four of them had different mothers.
In the French translation Moka speak only about her and Kokoa, so nothing is said about the other 2 sisters.

I think that Moka can't "hide" her power like Kokoa do, and that's the reason she needed the rosario when going to live in the human world.

Moka still need the rosarion in Youkai Academy because without it everybody will know that she is a vampire. The first rule of the school is to hide the type of monster you are.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 12:19   Link #5389
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Hm... based on the fact that I can't seem to find the english version that has the supposedly"better" translation (maybe I haven't looked hard enough yet), I'm starting to think the French version may be off. Or I'm probably still trying to hope that the idea which I believed up till now is still true.

Although you do have the point about her needing to hide her vampire self. Moka did undergoe training one way or another to get that strong

Old 2008-11-13, 12:40   Link #5390
dosetsu

Depends on where you look, just use Manga Updates(why use anything else?).
Old 2008-11-13, 12:45   Link #5391
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I get the chapters from mangatraders myself... although here is my one argument to attempt to save the previous theory-

From what I understand, that's the japanese-to-french-to-english version, right? keep in mind because it goes through three languages, there may be been stuff lost in translation. But still, the fact that 3 was probably a speed-scan is going to be the the ultimate factor here

Old 2008-11-13, 12:54   Link #5392
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

So what are the translations most suited? Since this little flashback can tell something about the future of this arc.

Oh my poor Mizore is injured!!!
Old 2008-11-13, 13:05   Link #5393
dosetsu

Mangatraders eh... that's all user uploaded stuff, and they don't update it unless another user decides too, in other words, usually outdated.

No everything I've posted is Japanese to English.
Old 2008-11-13, 14:12   Link #5394
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

well, either way, we may find out more sometime this arc, and hopefully we now have good enough translators to be able to tell us exactly what the deal is with Moka and her mother

Old 2008-11-13, 19:22   Link #5395
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

iirc Moka is still looking for her mom...
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 19:27   Link #5396
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

But due to Tsukune she forgot about it and now only innner Moka has the answers the questions and Kalua-nee-chan.

I think the next chapter will be blah blah past/flashbacks galore when the 2 sisters meet again (inner Moka) then after a few questions are answered by the 2 they'll either fight or Tsukune will do his manly speech as always and Kalua will fall for him also another girl to Tsukune's harem. Then search for the truth about the organization.
Old 2008-11-13, 19:43   Link #5397
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Is it Kalua or Karua? Because the spelling of her name seems to have changed over the course of this page.

And of course, whether or not Inner Moka has some much needed bonding time with her older sister depends on if she can be brought back to her senses at this rate. For some reason, I see Kokoa doing something dumb like jumping between her two older sisters and getting hurt. -__-'

And in other news, I've figured out character profiles for my R + V fanfic that kind of follows the Zero no Tsukaima storyline. Only profiles, though.
Old 2008-11-13, 20:38   Link #5398
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No i see Tsukune jumping between the two sisters and getting hurt Obvious Plot is Obvious
Old 2008-11-13, 20:41   Link #5399
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Is it Kalua or Karua? Because the spelling of her name seems to have changed over the course of this page.

And of course, whether or not Inner Moka has some much needed bonding time with her older sister depends on if she can be brought back to her senses at this rate. For some reason, I see Kokoa doing something dumb like jumping between her two older sisters and getting hurt. -__-'

And in other news, I've figured out character profiles for my R + V fanfic that kind of follows the Zero no Tsukaima storyline. Only profiles, though.
There's technically no L's in japanese, it sounds like an R. So... both are right, if the official translation is spelled with an L. but it'll still sound like an R.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-13, 20:43   Link #5400
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
There's technically no L's in japanese, it sounds like an R. So... both are right, if the official translation is spelled with an L. but it'll still sound like an R.
Well, the translations I've been reading so far spell it is "Karua" but everyone seems to be calling her "Kalua" now... did I miss something?

Tags
action, comedy, ecchi, harem, monogamy, romance, shounen, supernatural, tsumoka romance, vampire