AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-26, 09:33   Link #14321
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
SAO doesn't seem to be their type despite being a degenki bunko series.

You know looking at their website, I'm hard press to find a single series that is left untouched by the Anime Studios before it's sweet sixteenth (volume). IMO, anything that isn't in the double digits would not get the full 2 cour treatment... Unless it's Brain Base, in which case you can kiss goodbye to any sequel.

So 1, it needs to be from degenki bunko. 2, it needs to have at least ten to twelve volumes. And 3, it needs to have the heroine's name in the title ()
If they really are this selective they wouldn't have touched Kamisama no memo chou to begin with
Old 2011-09-26, 09:39   Link #14322
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Kami-memo is in top ten at Kono Light Novel ga Sugoi 2011 you know, so the light novel is actually pretty popular at Japan. Although, it indeed doesn't fit 2 of 3 of the criteria that Chaos gives
Old 2011-09-26, 09:43   Link #14323
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
If they really are this selective they wouldn't have touched Kamisama no memo chou to begin with
Nay, for the small 1 cour series none of that really matters.

I'm talking about their next big hit The 24 episodes series with multiple seasons that would rake in the dough and keep them afloat.

...I'm half serious about the 'conditions' of course, but it doesn't hurt to use them as a checklist seeing as how Shana and Index (and to the extend, Toradora) have certain similarities, albeit superficial.

But I am serious about there not being a single Light Novel that I can find that has been left untouched and allow to grow to a sizeable number before adapting it. Hence All we got is a whole bunch of 1 cour shows that doesn't make it to Fall season with the big boys.
Old 2011-09-26, 16:52   Link #14324
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Nay, for the small 1 cour series none of that really matters.

I'm talking about their next big hit The 24 episodes series with multiple seasons that would rake in the dough and keep them afloat.

...I'm half serious about the 'conditionsBut I am serious about there not being a single Light Novel that I can find that has been left untouched and allow to grow to a sizeable number before adapting it.
oh!! that's right That's right , if it's about the 2-cour series, I can't find one that doesn't fit that category either . So the point is to find a replacement for a 2-cour big seller , well it doesn't have to be a light novel right? In that case, just find a good Shonen manga like Azumanga Daioh er ... that was Bakuman T_T or a good drama/romance manga like Honey and clover err ... that too was Bakuman T_T. Their last chance are :
1- pray that in the future, the next Raildex DVD/BD sales get past the 1997-2011 80k impassable super-gateway and don't give a damn crap about that anymore as if any JC staff show had ever got past the 27k impassable wall in the first place or ...
2-ask Urobuchi Gen or Shinbo Akiyuki how to make a good and best seller 1 cour anime before Shana ends , and take SAO as Teh_Ping-sama suggested or ...
3-pray that Bakuman II and Kimi to boku are a success (and not the usual n number anime on Fall season = n-1 dropouts + 1 big seller) or ...
4-find a way to put Kugimiya Rie in Kaichou wa maid-sama or Bakuman (I don't know, an anime exclusive tsundere loli character?!) or ...
5-take any random popular Gangan manga and get a super square enix sponsorship as a bonus, the most pervert/Moe the better
Spoiler for The greatest manga(ka):

Quote:
Hence All we got is a whole bunch of 1 cour shows that doesn't make it to Fall season with the big boys.
/人T ‿‿ T人\, yeah I know, my J.C staff light novel RIP list : Yumekui merry, Kamisama no memo-chou (pending), Ookami-san, ZNT. My J.C staff light novel "hopefully it's dead" list : Aria

By the way,
Old 2011-09-26, 16:53   Link #14325
desrtsku
Nympholept

you left Minami to date Sena don't you
Old 2011-09-26, 17:08   Link #14326
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Goddamnit I said not Yandere allow !

Quote:
you left Minami to date Sena don't you
Yeah, I'm a regular Heartbreaker.

Quote:
/人T ‿‿ T人\, yeah I know, my J.C staff light novel RIP list : Yumekui merry, Kamisama no memo-chou (pending), Ookami-san, ZNT. My J.C staff light novel "hopefully it's dead" list : Aria

By the way,
Yumekui Merry is a manga, not a Light Novel.

And apparently ZnT still have enough fight in it for 1 last run.

Quote:
oh!! that's right That's right , if it's about the 2-cour series, I can't find one that doesn't fit that category either . So the point is to find a replacement for a 2-cour big seller , well it doesn't have to be a light novel right? In that case, just find a good Shonen manga like Azumanga Daioh er ... that was Bakuman T_T or a good drama/romance manga like Honey and clover err ... that too was Bakuman T_T. Their last chance are :
1- pray that in the future, the next Raildex DVD/BD sales get past the 1997-2011 80k impassable super-gateway and don't give a damn crap about that anymore as if any JC staff show had ever got past the 27k impassable wall in the first place or ...
2-ask Urobuchi Gen or Shinbo Akiyuki how to make a good and best seller 1 cour anime before Shana ends , and take SAO as Teh_Ping-sama suggested or ...
3-pray that Bakuman II and Kimi to boku are a success (and not the usual n number anime on Fall season = n-1 dropouts + 1 big seller) or ...
4-find a way to put Kugimiya Rie in Kaichou wa maid-sama or Bakuman (I don't know, an anime exclusive tsundere loli character?!) or ...
5-take any random popular Gangan manga and get a super square enix sponsorship as a bonus, the most pervert/Moe the better
Spoiler for The greatest manga(ka):
]

To be specific, the genre I'm looking for is Action-Fantasy, something that would last more than a single season and a good replacement for Shana to help lighten the load off Raildex.

1. Impossible.

2. Again, I don't want 1 cours because it's just not enough to develop the world. Can you imagine if Shana or Index were only 1 cour? 12 episodes are good for the really light stuff or the really dramatic, but it's never good for a 'fantasy' story.

3. I don't know about Bakuman, but JC Staff are pretty good with their shoujo, but they never have any success with it's sales.
Old 2011-09-26, 18:10   Link #14327
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Yumekui Merry is a manga, not a Light Novel.
lolz that's true, I forgot

Quote:
crap

Quote:
1. Impossible.
It would have been better if you lied T_T, then, how about 35K for index III ?

Quote:
2. Again, I don't want 1 cours because it's just not enough to develop the world. Can you imagine if Shana or Index were only 1 cour? 12 episodes are good for the really light stuff or the really dramatic, but it's never good for a 'fantasy' story.
Then, how about an original production?

Quote:
3. I don't know about Bakuman, but JC Staff are pretty good with their shoujo, but they never have any success with it's sales.
In my opinion, Bakuman was good but it barely sold better than fractale (around 1k for each first week)
Old 2011-09-27, 14:48   Link #14328
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is to let everyone in this thread know that "Anarchy Days" are officially over. There is no such thing as a section of the forum that is not subject to the Forum Rules. Many infractions will be issued in the next few hours. From this point on, all posts will be on-topic, relevant, and add value to the thread. Otherwise, the post will be deleted and the poster infracted and/or banned (some have already been banned).

Thank you for your understanding.
Old 2011-09-27, 15:17   Link #14329
Sumeragi
Banned

Eh? What happened to my post about the Kamijous and the Misakas having a joint vacation in Hawaii?
Old 2011-09-27, 15:41   Link #14330
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Eh? What happened to my post about the Kamijous and the Misakas having a joint vacation in Hawaii?
Was this related to developments in the Index Light Novels, and thus on-topic to this thread? It looks to me like an off-topic tangent like the others, but I may have been mistaken, in which case I apologize.

This may not apply to your post in particular, but I would recommend that Index Light Novel fans create a Social Group where they can chat more freely about random topics among the novel reading group. This thread (and others like it) may no longer be used as Social Groups.
Old 2011-09-27, 16:25   Link #14331
ellifeedn
Thinker

Is posting that chapter 6 of the Norse/Kanzaki SS is finished allowed?
Old 2011-09-27, 16:33   Link #14332
Miraluka
Banned

Orentz Tryce gets ready to bring out the most epic fight on his life, or maybe not.

... LMAO .
Old 2011-09-28, 09:55   Link #14333
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Orentz Tryce gets ready to bring out the most epic fight on his life, or maybe not.

... LMAO .
Quite. It was fun seeing Kaori get pissed off for a change.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2011-09-28, 11:27   Link #14334
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Is there any word on when the next volume will be out?
Old 2011-09-28, 14:27   Link #14335
sinner0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Is there any word on when the next volume will be out?
If the release date follow the last year (2010) pattern, then the next one will be release in October, which is next month. Which I really hope that is true.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:31   Link #14336
tsunade666

but if it's next month then it should be in the news already but still no news so maybe November or December.
Old 2011-09-28, 15:50   Link #14337
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

ok thanks alot i was also hopeing for oct but getting discuraged with no pre release info at this point
Old 2011-09-28, 18:27   Link #14338
Breidaluk

It will be released still in 2011. This is already good news.
Old 2011-09-28, 20:51   Link #14339
Miraluka
Banned

Wait, what? There is no confirmation yet for the next volume yet, or did I miss something?
Old 2011-09-28, 21:04   Link #14340
tsunade666

nope, there is still no info for new volume so we still don't know when it will be release but it should release one more book this year.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen