AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

View Poll Results: Accel World - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.94%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 31.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 4.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.13%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.56%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-28, 01:35   Link #21
U<3Anime
Boo!

Holy crap, think I had a love-struck

*Sigh* Wish Sky Laker-sensei was the main heroine instead.
Old 2012-07-28, 02:42   Link #22
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0x View Post
i think the reason Kuroyukihime did not teach Haru the incarnate system is because she is afraid that Haru might become obsessed like Sky Raker

good episode, so in simple terms that Incarnate System is just will power to override reality (of accel world)
It just might have been too early, if she taught him how to use it when he was still Lv 1~2, he'd mow down any competition in the lower levels
The way I see it, she wants him to explore AW and experience it first himself, before she teaches him.
Old 2012-07-28, 05:56   Link #23
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well...I should've known they would introduce a new plot element to save Haru's ass. At least this one actually adds to Haru's character in an interesting way and has wider implications. Basically the lesson Haru needed to learn was that the strength he relied on up until now was something he had within himself the whole time.

Sky Raker proved to be an interesting character and her backstory adds to KYH's character and puts it into more perspective.

Couldn't help but feel like it was all going a bit too fast though. In just half an episode he pretty much goes from the lowest point in self esteem right to the highest point. Apparently Haru had spent days doing that training but it never really felt like he spent that long to me.
Old 2012-07-28, 06:57   Link #24
Markerlight

A quote from the Matrix kept popping into my head during this episode: "Try to realize the truth: there is no spoon". Accel World is a virtual world, so of course you can cheat by subverting the rules. I guess Accel World doesn't have Punk Buster?

A much better episode than the last 2 terra-stupid episodes. They managed to establish Sky Raker as a interesting character in a single episode.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:04   Link #25
ak4allz
NightlyArt

-.-'' Everyone keeps on mentioning those Sky Raker, the Incarnation system, the legs... but, this is serious. Illegal copycat detected in the story.. haha :P
Old 2012-07-28, 08:26   Link #26
rainz
original vampire

Fantastic episode. I swear, this author does a much better job writing side characters than main characters, similar to in SAO. Both Niko and Sky Raker turns out to be so much more compelling than the main casts.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:48   Link #27
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I can so see FSN archer saying the same lecture. "Image the power. You should imagine yourself with the strongest power."

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2012-07-28, 08:56   Link #28
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainz View Post
Fantastic episode. I swear, this author does a much better job writing side characters than main characters, similar to in SAO. Both Niko and Sky Raker turns out to be so much more compelling than the main casts.
My theory is that Kawahara only really managed to kick his writing into high gear with Aqua Current, Niko and Sky Raker.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:08   Link #29
rainz
original vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
My theory is that Kawahara only really managed to kick his writing into high gear with Aqua Current, Niko and Sky Raker.
Agreed, although I do think Kawahara must have some exciting ideas for a final conflict between Haru and KYH. There's so much mentions of "I won't ever fight her" and "Parents and Sons complex relationship" that its like foreshadowing for a conflict in the future.

The true ending that we might see is Haru defeating KYH and see himself as finally being her equal, somewhere along this trajectory.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:25   Link #30
Mentar
Banned

SR is a great character, no doubt ... immensely likable.

However, making her the main character - like several people demanded - would be a disastrous mistake. What makes her appealing next to her kindness is her openness. What you see is what you get. However, this is also tremendously limiting in storywriting. A storyline with Haru and SR would turn into a snoozefest in no time.

One particular strength of KYH is the air of mystery which surrounds her. And what I find particularly impressive is that the more you learn about her, the more questions that are answered about her, the more new questions arise. This is her strength, which is keeping the story fresh.

Nope, SR as a great new recurring character and a foil for KYH - perfect. As main character - certainly not.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:29   Link #31
rainz
original vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
SR is a great character, no doubt ... immensely likable.

However, making her the main character - like several people demanded - would be a disastrous mistake. What makes her appealing next to her kindness is her openness. What you see is what you get. However, this is also tremendously limiting in storywriting. A storyline with Haru and SR would turn into a snoozefest in no time.

One particular strength of KYH is the air of mystery which surrounds her. And what I find particularly impressive is that the more you learn about her, the more questions that are answered about her, the more new questions arise. This is her strength, which is keeping the story fresh.

Nope, SR as a great new recurring character and a foil for KYH - perfect. As main character - certainly not.
I agree, somewhat, but I don't think SR is perfect. The strength of KYH is her mystery, but I think SR herself still has more depths to be discovered. She's someone that's obsessed enough to cut off her own legs to be able to fly. What kind of real world mentality does it take to make that decision? What kind of life does she have? I just feel that there's more to her that we can discover.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:45   Link #32
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Finally a character I really like. I'd like to see more of Sky Raker in the future.
Old 2012-07-28, 09:54   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

BTW, would I be right in assuming that SR is level 8?
Old 2012-07-28, 09:57   Link #34
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I wonder what happened to Sky Raker's legs in RL...
Old 2012-07-28, 10:09   Link #35
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
BTW, would I be right in assuming that SR is level 8?
Yup. She said it herself. It would be nice if she would rejoin NN. They need more members.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:14   Link #36
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Yeah, I agree with Mentar on Sky Raker and KYH. Maybe in something like a self-contained 4-episode OVA storyline, Sky Raker could work well as the female lead and main romantic interest of Haru. But in a lengthier story like Accel World's, the female lead really does need a certain edge and/or mystery to her, and that's what KYH provides in flying colors.

Sky Raker is a great recurring/supporting cast character, and she fills that role marvelously, but yeah, I wouldn't want her in KYH's spot.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:17   Link #37
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Agreeing with everyone else here, a very strong episode centering on self-realization. You're going to go far Crow-san.

I actually "Whoa!"-ed when a mouth was revealed on Silver Crow. I also chuckled when Sky Raker covered herself with the blanket.

Endles "2th Day" Soul
Old 2012-07-28, 10:17   Link #38
Auron Requies

Oh god did I just fall for Sky Raker, not just for that kind/pretty in real life exterior, but her cute Avatar as well as her personality. I really also liked to see some more details to her back story, as well as her time in the NN Legion with Black Lotus. I'm going to assume it might have, or may get covered as a Light Novel side story (Unless the main LN story adds more details as usual)

And I just bloody love Sky Raker's involvement in helping Crow's character development. I'm just gonna go out and say that, I really really like it whenever Haruyuki smiles and thinks more positively.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:29   Link #39
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I can so see FSN archer saying the same lecture. "Image the power. You should imagine yourself with the strongest power."
Sky Raker is AW's Archer :heh;.
Old 2012-07-28, 10:30   Link #40
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Spoiler for Fate Stay Night UBW Route:

Last edited by Haak; 2012-07-28 at 12:15. Reason: just in case.
Closed Thread