AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 16:34   Link #1521
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Your 4th disadvantage arguement contradict the others, especially 3rd advantage. Although i have never considered that before, i doubt it could be that case. Her romantic feeling toward Kyousuke existed, that's for certain.

Your two last arguements are the same, yet it counted as both advantage and disadvantages?
Also, regarding her disadvantages :
1-She is probably the only one agree with a 3-some
2-Agree
3-Not a big problem by itself. Her other persona can make up for that.
4-I think that's because the author want to keep a balance setting, otherwise it will give her too much of head start.
PS : Am i allow to post doujin here?
Spoiler:
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 18:08   Link #1522
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

PS : Here is the doujin I found (Perfectly safe for school/work).

Download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?7z9oiou37irw9lp
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:11   Link #1523
icebreaker

Quote:
+ Kyousuke still has one "wish" that Kirino owes him.
Volume 12 Prologue from Volume 11
Quote:
The prerequisite for that "Talk" is Kyousuke getting an A in the exam. But Kirino assertively nodded her head like it's already confirmed.

Probably because she trusts her brother.
icebreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 07:27   Link #1524
icebreaker

And about why this novel will possibly not end with Kirino - I have a theory

I personally think the reason why the covers always has Kyousuke and Kirino on it is because -
The main point of this novel was never "Eroge", "Otaku" or "Kyousuke's romantic life", but is "Kyousuke's relationship with his sister"
Because of this, regardless of the ending, the cover of volume 12 will still only have them both on it.

Fushimi said in Volume 11's afterword that he'll be happy if readers are able to "relate and resonate" with the story. If he is sticking to this theme, "Letting go of your brother/sister" is a very important life lesson/experience for those who are (overly) attached to their brother/sister.

For how would this novel end - Fushimi said in Volume 9's afterword that he would like to have Kirino wear a wedding dress again. My personal theory is that Volume 12 will end with Kirino's wedding 10 years later, where (assuming she's not marrying Kyousuke) Kyousuke, who possibly has already married, will hand over his sister to another guy, with mixed feelings.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-03-24 at 07:52.
Old 2013-03-24, 07:44   Link #1525
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by icebreaker View Post

I personally think the reason why the covers always has Kyousuke and Kirino on it is because -
The main point of this novel was never "Eroge", "Otaku" or "Kyousuke's romantic life", but is "Kyousuke's relationship with his sister"
Because of this, regardless of the ending, the cover of volume 12 will still only have them both on it.

Fushimi said in Volume 11's afterword that he'll be happy if readers are able to "relate and resonate" with the story. If he is sticking to this theme, "Letting go of your brother/sister" is a very important life lesson/experience for those who are (overly) attached to their brother/sister.

For how would this novel end - Fushimi said in Volume 9's afterword that he would like to have Kirino wear a wedding dress again. My personal theory is that Volume 12 will end with Kirino's wedding 10 years later, where (assuming she's not marrying Kyousuke) Kyousuke, who possibly has already married, will hand over his sister to another guy with mixed feelings.
Damn - I can't counter this ><
Still, that leave one question : who do you think will win Kyousuke in the end?
Old 2013-03-24, 08:41   Link #1526
icebreaker

Quote:
Damn - I can't counter this ><
Still, that leave one question : who do you think will win Kyousuke in the end?
It's really up in the air.
However, this novel is a first person one, and Kyousuke is pretty straight with how he feels. From what I can see, he does not consciously have romantic feelings towards Manami. Therefore it would probably be between Kuroneko and Ayase.

Personal preference would be Ayase.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:03   Link #1527
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

If so why do you think Kyousuke would reject Sakurai if she had confessed 3 years ago?

Out of all the characters that show real interest in Kyousuke, Manami is pretty much the one who has "yet to make her move". Ofc, there is still the chance in which she will not do much in Vol12 similar to how she remained passive during the brief Kuroneko relationship.

She has that dark horse factor in the race. Other than Kirino, I feel she is the other person with the veto power on Kyousuke's relationship.

Manami and Kirino represent both ends of extremes. A Kirino route represent something bold, something unconventional and debatable, while Manami represent something more conservative and steady... "the norm".

Ayase's confession imo came a bit too early. She must first deal with what broke Kyousuke and Kuroneko apart via action. Even though Kyousuke is much attached to Ayase, if he just accepts her confession at the start of v12 it will make Kyousuke much of a douche.

In the end there is still a chance in which the angel is sacrificed to set a contrast with the victor of the race. (Ie: "I am willing to give up a relationship with my idol to be with you").

Kyousuke's "wish" from Kirino is a key factor. I think there is a good chance he uses it to mend relationships if a non-Kirino route occurs.

Speaking of covers: I find there to be somewhat of an interesting progression.
Early volumes we start out with unhappy siblings.
Then they got closer, standing back to back.
Then there is the one where they go out on a date.
Then comes the wedding dress.
Then we get the Kirino cooking (taking on role of a housewife)
Then we got kids (well, young Kyou and Kirino, but still... kids)

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see two tombstones as the Vol12 cover
(Ayase dead end gogo?)
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-24, 11:08   Link #1528
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:

For how would this novel end - Fushimi said in Volume 9's afterword that he would like to have Kirino wear a wedding dress again. My personal theory is that Volume 12 will end with Kirino's wedding 10 years later, where (assuming she's not marrying Kyousuke) Kyousuke, who possibly has already married, will hand over his sister to another guy, with mixed feelings.
1. Very true but for the genre, having established a close sibling bond that isn't romantic(hopefully volume 12 will make this happen) is a breath of fresh air and gives it some originality due to its genre. Fushimi-sama, I already can relate and resonate with the story. TBH, I don't want him to let go of Kirino cause their interactions are comedy gold seriously, especially later in the series. The primary theme in this story is "restoring, fortifying, and creating bonds" so that quote kind of goes against the story I think. More to say later.

2. Pretend wedding suits his style more since it feels more trollish, maybe Kirino will have one. I'd like it. Kuroneko is my bet for winning; will feel like an Ichigo 100% if it happens.
Old 2013-03-24, 11:53   Link #1529
icebreaker

Quote:
If so why do you think Kyousuke would reject Sakurai if she had confessed 3 years ago?
He possibly said that to not hurt her even more than he already has ("If only I could finish my sentence before falling down 3 years ago..."). Or he had someone he liked back then, it never said the person he liked 3 years ago and now are the same person.

Quote:
Ayase's confession imo came a bit too early. She must first deal with what broke Kyousuke and Kuroneko apart via action. Even though Kyousuke is much attached to Ayase, if he just accepts her confession at the start of v12 it will make Kyousuke much of a douche.
According to Volume 11, Ayase did inform both Kirino and Kuroneko that she's about to confess to Kyousuke. Again according to volume 11, it is implied that Kyousuke either rejected Ayase or asked Ayase to give him more time (to sort things out with Kirino).

Quote:
Kyousuke's "wish" from Kirino is a key factor. I think there is a good chance he uses it to mend relationships if a non-Kirino route occurs.
I posted an extract of Volume 11 above, the "wish" is used to have Kirino make up with Manami.

Quote:
At this rate I wouldn't be surprised to see two tombstones as the Vol12 cover.
Possibly grown up Kyousuke and Kirino smiling.

Last edited by icebreaker; 2013-03-24 at 13:41.
Old 2013-03-24, 18:21   Link #1530
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
According to Volume 11, Ayase did inform both Kirino and Kuroneko that she's about to confess to Kyousuke. Again according to volume 11, it is implied that Kyousuke either rejected Ayase or asked Ayase to give him more time (to sort things out with Kirino).
Actually, even we can see Kyousuke's thought (which mean we can read his freaking mind), I didn't remember read anywhere anything that romatic (until volume 8 chapter 2). Sure, he flirted and said stuff, but in the end there weren't much behind them. Just his action and nothing more. Compare to when he spoke with Kirino and Kuroneko, his thought was too simple. Franky, I had no idea what is that supposed to mean, but my bet is he just ...well...flirt, nothing more. He might not even really want to marry her.
Old 2013-03-25, 09:18   Link #1531
finalfury
Incognito

Quote:
Actually, even we can see Kyousuke's thought (which mean we can read his freaking mind), I didn't remember read anywhere anything that romatic (until volume 8 chapter 2). Sure, he flirted and said stuff, but in the end there weren't much behind them. Just his action and nothing more. Compare to when he spoke with Kirino and Kuroneko, his thought was too simple. Franky, I had no idea what is that supposed to mean, but my bet is he just ...well...flirt, nothing more. He might not even really want to marry her.
Kyousuke just secured his life with that mindset. Hopefully Ayase doesn't go Super Yandere mode on him.
Old 2013-03-25, 10:33   Link #1532
GVN.Chaos

I doubt he is that good as an unreliable narrator - if anything, we saw through his though easily
Old 2013-03-25, 18:36   Link #1533
Distance 13
Certified Otaku

Hey I've been waiting and are there any translations of Volume 11 yet? or at least an in depth summary of the whole volume? I read the links relentlessflames posted but I want more ):
Distance 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 00:13   Link #1534
GVN.Chaos

There are summary, but you have to dig throught 1k5 post to find it by yourself. About translation....well, unless you can provide raw or text file, there won't be one. Not until 6/4, at least.
Old 2013-03-26, 05:51   Link #1535
icebreaker

Quote:
Before dating Kuroneko, he went through all the trouble to get himself unblocked, rushes to her house without second thought, getting all excited over thinking that she might confess to him .
He still fantasized about her during the second time he went to her house (after he accepted Kuroneko's confession).
After breaking up with Kuroneko, during his stay alone he visits Ayase's fanblog practically everyday.
In his thought, he called Manami "the best childhood friend ever" for inviting Ayase to his party.

Although this does not indicate that his love is strong enough to accept her confession, I doubt it's as simple as wanting to flirt.
Old 2013-03-26, 06:13   Link #1536
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
Before dating Kuroneko, he went through all the trouble to get himself unblocked, rushes to her house without second thought, getting all excited over thinking that she might confess to him .
And yet all of his though was like 'I can finally see you, lovely my angel'. It lack any deeper meaning (at least i dont see any)
Quote:
He still fantasized about her during the second time he went to her house (after he accepted Kuroneko's confession).
I disagree. If you are talking about Volume 8 Chapter 2 and 3, then he acknowledge that he should stop flirting since he got a cute girlfriend.
Quote:
After breaking up with Kuroneko, during his stay alone he visits Ayase's fanblog practically everyday.
In his thought, he called Manami "the best childhood friend ever" for inviting Ayase to his party.

Although this does not indicate that his love is strong enough to accept her confession, I doubt it's as simple as wanting to flirt.
However, compare to Kuroneko's date, when he clearly said that he felt at happy because Kuroneko was happy. Also, even the date itself wasn't succuess, he didnt dislike it.
Still, I acknowledge that Kyousuke's feeling for Ayase is a hard to understand. He flirted so much, but in volume 5-6-7, he agreed that there were so many differents between them that he had no hope himself. After he broke up, I think that he simply unconsinous trying to balance himself (like, put his pervert thought into something)
PS : Maybe he was attached to Ayase because she is the first 'possible love interested' girl that do not tsuntsun toward him?
Old 2013-03-26, 09:52   Link #1537
icebreaker

Volume 7 Chapter 2
"What a waste! If only I didn't went to the summer comike last year Ayase could have been my girlfriend already!"

Volume 8 Chapter 3
I, who was fantasizing about a tabooed romance, was dragged back to reality.

I never said he disliked Kuroneko, just that he likes Ayase too. Again, Kyousuke is simple minded in emotional matters. All this should indicate a certain level of feeling towards Ayase. He doesn't look like the type to just flirt with any girl.
Old 2013-03-26, 10:03   Link #1538
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
All this should indicate a certain level of feeling towards Ayase. He doesn't look like the type to just flirt with any girl.
I said, and i quoted : Maybe he was simply attached to Ayase because she is the first 'possible love interested' girl that do not tsuntsun toward him. Not to mention at that time, she looked exactly like his idea girlfriend (long and black hair)
Old 2013-03-26, 10:12   Link #1539
icebreaker

Quote:
I said, and i quoted : Maybe he was simply attached to Ayase because she is the first 'possible love interested' girl that do not tsuntsun toward him. Not to mention at that time, she looked exactly like his idea girlfriend (long and black hair)
All of these happened after he realized Ayase's true personality.

Anyway Fushimi better have a good explanation for this, and other stuff too.
Old 2013-03-26, 10:46   Link #1540
GVN.Chaos

Quote:
All of these happened after he realized Ayase's true personality.

Anyway Fushimi better have a good explanation for this, and other stuff too.
First impression can last for a long time, thought.
Anyway, it's quite sad that we couldn't keep our conversation going.

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings