AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-10, 13:01   Link #241
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Not for hair restraint, but because there was no hair to restrain the sweat from their head it would roll down their face and into the food, hence the hat was neaded as a type of sweatband.
Ha, that's something they haven't used in the manga yet. Sweat Bread.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-10, 23:03   Link #242
WristBandMan

for ep 8, it seems they added sound effects to the OP, did they? those swooosh sounds... and hand shining sounds...
WristBandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 02:49   Link #243
Crimsonmon

Send a message via AIM to Crimsonmon Send a message via MSN to Crimsonmon
Quote:
Originally Posted by WristBandMan
for ep 8, it seems they added sound effects to the OP, did they? those swooosh sounds... and hand shining sounds...
They first added them into episode six's intro.
Crimsonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 15:37   Link #244
WristBandMan

hmm, i meant to say 6...
Old 2004-12-11, 19:03   Link #245
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by himurokoken
Is it just me but does Yakitate give anyone else a craving for bread?
No it doesn't
But this is because I allready am a big bread lover. I usually eat alot of bread each day, and different kinds. Just like a well known bread machine freak on this forum we also have a bread making machine at home Although personally I prefer the bread from acrross the street, the bakery shop around here is elite

After watching ep 6 I must say the anime is finally getting somewhere, I was allready starting to fear it would be a constant competition between the guys in Pantasia, but the 6th episode certainly added a bunch of interesting characters Yakitate Japan is going down the right path

And now, I'll go eat some bread
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 20:01   Link #246
KoroshiyaX
X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
No it doesn't
But this is because I allready am a big bread lover. I usually eat alot of bread each day, and different kinds. Just like a well known bread machine freak on this forum we also have a bread making machine at home Although personally I prefer the bread from acrross the street, the bakery shop around here is elite

After watching ep 6 I must say the anime is finally getting somewhere, I was allready starting to fear it would be a constant competition between the guys in Pantasia, but the 6th episode certainly added a bunch of interesting characters Yakitate Japan is going down the right path

I gained 7 pounds marathoning the manga :P damn carbs!!!!!!
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 20:04   Link #247
Spastic_Hobo

Quote:
No it doesn't

I'll agree to that. And I certainly like the new guys they introduced. The flaming french dude and the Pantasia leader had me on the floor laughing when they showed up.
Spastic_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 20:30   Link #248
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Here's probubly one of my most favorite scenes in the series so far.

Gotta love that wild exasperated look.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 21:43   Link #249
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spastic_Hobo
I'll agree to that. And I certainly like the new guys they introduced. The flaming french dude and the Pantasia leader had me on the floor laughing when they showed up.
Yeah, especially the store manager: My first thought was : What the hell is Zechs Marquise doing in this anime

And then the frenchman : I think we are gonna have alot more fun with him

PS for those who don't know Zechs Marquise is a main character from Gundam Wing who dresses victorian style and is masked.
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-11, 23:27   Link #250
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, you're right, he does look a lot like Zechs. That's the part that blew me away. I used to be a huge fan of Gundam Wing. Gauds, I've watched it so bloody many times I think my DVD player cried uncle.
Old 2004-12-12, 08:30   Link #251
kamij0

I pretty much preferred Kazuma to bake cakes. Bread is nice too though. If he can do both ... hmm
kamij0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 09:09   Link #252
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Yeah, his baking a cake would become ja-cake #1!! LOL.
Old 2004-12-12, 09:18   Link #253
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Yeah, his baking a cake would become ja-cake #1!! LOL.

Old 2004-12-12, 10:50   Link #254
Blaat

Quote:
Yeah, especially the store manager: My first thought was : What the hell is Zechs Marquise doing in this anime
Same here, or at least when I saw the opening in the first episode. Oh well it could have been worse Meister could have been voiced by Koyasu Takehito. Luckily he's already doing another role.

Speaking of Gundam am I the only one here reminded of "Shining Finger" everytime I see the solar hands in the opening?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-12, 13:13   Link #255
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, here's an interesting tidbit of baking trivia for you guys. How was dough fermented and proofed before the discovery of yeast? Answer: The dough would be made up, and made extra wet. Then covered and set to rest in a warm place for 2-3 days. During that time natural yeast would fall onto the dough, enter it, then cause it to rise. I've had naturally fermented bread and let me tell you, the taste is out of this world!! And it's so soft too!! Of course you're letting the dough rest for 2-3 days, so that's understandable.

Here's another trivia question. What was the first yeast based proofing and fermenting method used to make bread as we know it? Answer: Sour dough. This would be a flour and water mixture that would be made up REALLY wet, then set aside in a covered container for 1-2 weeks to sour and ferment. Then some of this mixture would be scooped into a batch of dough and mixed with it to add yeast to the new dough and allow it to proof and rise naturally. The sour mix could be replenished by simply adding more water/flour mix to the container, stiring and letting sit overnight.
Old 2004-12-15, 01:41   Link #256
dannylu88

Send a message via AIM to dannylu88
does anybody else find the main store arrival theme catchy???

when the cars showed up
dannylu88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-15, 05:27   Link #257
WristBandMan

oh yeah~~

but the birds fluttering, that was priceless~~
Old 2004-12-16, 22:44   Link #258
basilimux

Send a message via MSN to basilimux
HAHAHA! This show is hilarious. I never though baking bread would be so interresting. My friend told me about Yakitate!! Japan and I didn't believe him....lol!
basilimux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 13:00   Link #259
s'my
watashi wa chiisaikeredo

Can't believe I haven't posted in this thread for so long! Anyway, after watching episode 6, just have to say: "God of Sweetened Buns!" (dies laughing)
s'my is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-17, 17:31   Link #260
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
from a looong time ago there was a discussion over whether bread would retain its shape when punched

some do

http://MCN00b.homestead.com/files/P1010199.MOV

of course...i didnt go all out
just a little jab
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote