Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-16, 01:51   Link #1261
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
No Arakwaka Kei and her legion of mental patients? Boo!
Who is that girl with the hat? I don't remember seeing her other than the girl who looks like her in Achiga Hen episode....3?
Old 2012-06-16, 01:56   Link #1262
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Who is that girl with the hat? I don't remember seeing her other than the girl who looks like her in Achiga Hen episode....3?
Aren't you talking about Toyone, one of the girls Saki is playing against in the main manga (aside from Kasumi and Kyouko)?

Or perhaps you're talking about that weird team Achiga played against in the quarter finals with Senriyama (Koshigaya All Girls School, if I recall)?
Old 2012-06-16, 02:01   Link #1263
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Aren't you talking about Toyone, one of the girls Saki is playing against in the main manga (aside from Kasumi and Kyouko)?

Or perhaps you're talking about that weird team Achiga played against in the quarter finals with Senriyama (Koshigaya All Girls School, if I recall)?
Its that weird girl with the eyepatch.

3rd row, 4th girl.

Though i have seen those chibi forms somewhere... But where?
Old 2012-06-16, 02:06   Link #1264
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Its that weird girl with the eyepatch.

3rd row, 4th girl.
Yep. That's Toyone, though that's probably not an eyepatch. It's just her fairly long bangs.

She's also one of the most awesome/adorable characters of the current arc in the main manga.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:19   Link #1265
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Chibi versions of almost every single girl students from Saki:
*snips*
Judging from the upload data on Danbooru (Hyperion Einherjar), it looks like it was my cousin who uploaded that one. ^^;

The originals seem to be two separate images by b3 (originals are here and here) so some Photoshop was involved.

And Toyone pretty much stands out from the rest of the cast for her sheer height. Frankly, the girl is TALL (its never mentioned how tall she actually is), and towers over the rest of the cast, period.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-06-16 at 07:23.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 02:22   Link #1266
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Yep. That's Toyone, though that's probably not an eyepatch. It's just her fairly long bangs.

She's also one of the most awesome/adorable characters of the current arc in the main manga.
Ahh ok... (But that looks like an eyepatch...)

As 00 series people are taking a break from their fight, all crowded around Ptolemaios for some reading of Saki achiga hen chapter 11 and chapter 98.

Sumeragi: I have some info about the match results until chapter 11 of achiga hen.
Allelujah: As expected of Sumeragi...(Though it is obvious Millienia or Feldt did it...)
Sumeragi: Here it is... Some are just edited by me.....whoops.. Though actually it was made by someone called Awai.
Setsuna: Oh I remember her... She from the episode 25 ed of Saki right?
Sumeragi: Yeah yeah just read this...

http://images.4chan.org/u/src/1339814754272.png

Tieria: Please tidy up that data... It looks crap...
Sumeragi: Right right...

Spoiler for Chapter 11's match results...:

Setsuna: *slams the desk.* I am going out...
Tieria: Where are you going?
Setsuna: To Tokyo. Don't worry I bring my camouflage suit.
Tieria: That ain't a camouflage suit...
Old 2012-06-16, 03:15   Link #1267
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Judging from the upload data on Danbooru (Hyperion Einherjar), it looks like it was my cousin who uploaded that one. ^^;

The originals seem to be two separate images by b3 (originals are here and here) so some Photoshop was involved
Well, here's the version I had made before I just decided to upload the Danbooru one:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 04:23   Link #1268
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Well, here's the version I had made before I just decided to upload the Danbooru one:

A merge up from 2 images to become 1... Nice...

Who is ready for episode 10? (ETA: 1 day, Teru Time ending in about 2 weeks.)
Old 2012-06-16, 06:27   Link #1269
custardpie

I want to omochikaerii all of them.

And indeed, Toyone is one of the most adorable characters in the Saki universe. I'm guessing she's over 180cm tall.

I'm curious about the "six abilities" Toyone is supposed to have. I think we've seen only three so far.
custardpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-16, 10:06   Link #1270
Scarletknive
Meister

While I am sick today...(sore throat while lurking around pixiv), I saw this picture and posted it on another thread first before quoting it here...

Who here knows this?

Quote:
Spoiler for Madoka thread.:
Old 2012-06-17, 03:39   Link #1271
Undertaker

Quote:
Having read chapter 98, I'd say that it felt way too short... Or maybe I'm just too used to the spin-off's pacing.

That aside, watching Saki go into that "monster state" was a bit unusual since this is the first time she has done this, based on my memory. I mean, she gets quite a few winning streaks once she gets into the game, but here, it's like she transformed into a completely different person. The way she holds absolute command over the "flow" in her current state is sort of reminiscent of Cold Touka's style.

Now that the match is nearing its end, I'm a bit sad that Miyamori probably won't be moving on to the semi-finals. Toyone really is becoming my favorite character in this entire arc.

Whatever the case, Saki Time is now afoot, you guys!
I don't see that is too out of Saki's ability, after all based on the setting, Saki was able to play around with the score in their family game which would suggest that she did dominate her sister before their separation and while her sister might grow much stronger, it not out of reach that Saki 's true ability really isn't that far off to begin with.

Besides, if I remember correctly, this is when Saki is finally decided and commit to playing to win.
Old 2012-06-17, 05:14   Link #1272
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
I don't see that is too out of Saki's ability, after all based on the setting, Saki was able to play around with the score in their family game which would suggest that she did dominate her sister before their separation and while her sister might grow much stronger, it not out of reach that Saki 's true ability really isn't that far off to begin with.
I didn't mean that the chapter's portrayal of Saki's ability was inconsistent. I just meant that this is the first time we've seen her go into such a state. I mean, she never tapped into this state even during the prefectural finals against Koromo, so I'm pretty sure she's going to destroy everyone soon.
Old 2012-06-17, 06:15   Link #1273
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter
If you chi from the previous player, you turn and place your tile to the left of your two tiles.

If you pon, say from the opposite player, you turn and place it in the middle. This is also the same for your next player.

For the next player, you turn and place it to the right of your tiles.

Now observe that 1m that made Saki's kan. Where is it placed? And who's sitting after Saki?

Very observant.
Very interesting information...
Here I was thinking that they just randomly arrange their kan, pon and chi. Apparently there is system to it. Thanks peanutbutter.

But, if that is true and Ritz-sensei didn't make a mistake considering both kan are open and Kasumi is the one who draws after Saki. Then its very likely that Kasumi drew and discarded the 1 man.

The above means Saki totally destroyed Kasumi's one man suit ability with her kans or by changing the drawing order. But, I find this to be unlikely considering Kasumi's thoughts on the matter.

Kasumi was shocked because Saki did not win by rinshan kaihou on that hand and not because her ability was destroyed. If Saki managed to make her draw something other than the suit she was suppose to be getting then I believe it would feature prominently in her thoughts so I suppose Ritz-sensei made a mistake.

It is perhaps possible Ritz-sensei managed to switch the kan arrangement between the red dragon and 1 man. If we switch the arrangement then it would mean Toyone discarded the 1 man and Kasumi discarded the red dragon. This would fit on Kasumi's and Toyone's reaction better. Toyone's thought focused on Saki using the opponent's discard to get an extra draw and in the following hand shown Kasumi is very wary of discarding honor tiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin
I didn't mean that the chapter's portrayal of Saki's ability was inconsistent. I just meant that this is the first time we've seen her go into such a state. I mean, she never tapped into this state even during the prefectural finals against Koromo, so I'm pretty sure she's going to destroy everyone soon.
Now that you mention it and I think flower has noted it also this is the first time Saki entered whatever mode she is entering. Even when she was against Koromo she never went glowing eyes of doom on the match. And considering the various supernatural stuff happening, Saki is probably way stronger now than when she faced full powered Koromo which is just scary.

Beside that, Undertaker's post reminded me that the strength that Saki showed in the prefecture tournament might be nowhere near Saki's true strength considering most of the time Saki is "rehabilitating" after not playing a long time and breaking bad habits that accumulated from willingly throwing every single match she played.

But regarding the recent chapter, I think it mirrors Saki's warm-up during the prefecture finals a bit with Saki winning with 3 cheap hand consecutively then winning with a big one on her dealership.

So yeah, I think this chapter is essentially Saki warming up only instead of cheap wins shes making consistent 8,000 point hand more or less. This would mean the big one would be coming next chapter and I'm guessing its going to be a really high value hand perhaps even a yakuman?

Though is it me or was the dora indicator highlighted just before Saki went "Miyanaga Mode". Perhaps that kan was to expose kan doras? Maybe well see a kazoe yakuman?
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 15:08   Link #1274
Undertaker

That reminded me that in the Achiga chapter when they first meet Saki in the hall and Saki is shown with that beast aura and look. I was like WTF at time and put it as Achiga crowd's imagination, now that scene looks to be foreshadowing Saki's change and is not just imagination run wild on Achiga's part.
Old 2012-06-17, 16:53   Link #1275
Sol Falling

Actually, this development has been foreshadowed for quite a long time now. Frankly, I've been exactly waiting for this moment ever since it's been established that this match will be Saki's debut at the Interhigh. Do you guys remember this
Spoiler for ch. 66:

page? lol, it's been a long time coming.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 19:34   Link #1276
orangejuicetang

Mhmm a random thought I've been having, but considering that Saki usually plays last and Teru plays first, yet Saki's goal is to play against Teru, this is what I think will happen at the end.

Teru will crush Yuki as somewhat expected, but when it finally gets to Saki, she'll use her plus-minus zero technique that was somewhat referenced in the first chapter to either just perfectly tie with teru's school in first place, or maybe even force a four-way tie. And they'll be some tournament rule where if it's tied, they have to go into a tie-breaker round where the school can send out any player, and Teru's school will send Teru while Saki is sent out.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 19:35   Link #1277
Sister Princess
Easy Operation

Quote:
A merge up from 2 images to become 1... Nice...

Who is ready for episode 10? (ETA: 1 day, Teru Time ending in about 2 weeks.)
No bansei high school?
Old 2012-06-17, 19:46   Link #1278
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Princess View Post
No bansei high school?
There are a lot of missing characters actually, like the aforementioned Rinkai, Arakawa Kei and her bunch of cosplay misfits. As for Bansei, do you really expect a team beaten during the FIRST ROUND to be included? XD
Old 2012-06-17, 20:31   Link #1279
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
-Snip-
You forgot the individuals.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:23   Link #1280
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
And they'll be some tournament rule where if it's tied, they have to go into a tie-breaker round where the school can send out any player, and Teru's school will send Teru while Saki is sent out.
When there's a Tie (where tie means that the first place has less than a certain number of points) people just go into the West round, and keep playing till the first place goes beyond the threshold
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri