AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/Zero - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 55 43.65%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 39 30.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 17.46%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 5.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-05-18, 18:47   Link #261
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Please don't take offense for not taking you at your words. I highly doubt you'd actually be willing had it come to that.

And this is what I was talking about. We can be calm and discuss about it and claim about things like this, but pardon me if I think all this is really ephemeral and a party of masks, and that basic survival instinct would take over before any kind of ideology.

One should not feel ashamed for wanting to live though. Your own life comes first, then those close to you, then everyone else at the very end of the list. It is very human to think that way. One might call you selfish for wanting to be a sole survivor of an accident that dragged more life, but so do those who'd rather have that one life extinguished instead of theirs.
i agree, if it was me on the plane i would crash land the sucker, hail the nearest taxi and get the hell out of Eastern Seaboard asap.
Old 2012-05-18, 20:29   Link #262
LunarMoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Please don't take offense for not taking you at your words. I highly doubt you'd actually be willing had it come to that.

And this is what I was talking about. We can be calm and discuss about it and claim about things like this, but pardon me if I think all this is really ephemeral and a party of masks, and that basic survival instinct would take over before any kind of ideology.

One should not feel ashamed for wanting to live though. Your own life comes first, then those close to you, then everyone else at the very end of the list. It is very human to think that way. One might call you selfish for wanting to be a sole survivor of an accident that dragged more life, but so could those who'd rather have that one life extinguished instead of theirs.
Not everyone puts an extremely high priority on self-preservation, which is partly why soldier's don't constantly flee their military service or why you don't hear regular stories about firefighters sacrificing civilains in order to save their own lives. I don't think it's that bizarre when people say they'd act selflessly, especially in such an extreme scenario. If I asked a random parent whether they'd sacrifice their own life for that of their child, they'd almost certainly say "yes" and I'd believe them. And sacrificing thousands of lives for your own would be selfish just as answering "no" to the previous question would make you a bad parent.
To await an anime for the VN Muv-Luv,
Lunar.Moon.
Downloading from Hulu at the speed of light,
To remain within the bounds of copyrights!
http://myanimelist.net/profile/LunarMoon

Last edited by LunarMoon; 2012-05-18 at 20:48.
LunarMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-18, 23:31   Link #263
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
Not everyone puts an extremely high priority on self-preservation, which is partly why soldier's don't constantly flee their military service or why you don't hear regular stories about firefighters sacrificing civilains in order to save their own lives. I don't think it's that bizarre when people say they'd act selflessly, especially in such an extreme scenario. If I asked a random parent whether they'd sacrifice their own life for that of their child, they'd almost certainly say "yes" and I'd believe them. And sacrificing thousands of lives for your own would be selfish just as answering "no" to the previous question would make you a bad parent.
Which is why I said "yourself first, then those close to you, and lastly everyone else". It's relatively normal to be willing to sacrifice your own life to save your kids/wife/friends you name it, but you'd need a greater sense of altruism to be willing to save those you don't even know about.

Soldiers and firefighters and police and similar line of jobs have been trained for it. They have an oath to be selfless, knew what's in store for them and have an ample of time to prepare for that fateful moment. Some commoners don't have that same sense of selflessness, which is why we look up to them.

Though sacrificing your life is indeed a selfless act, simply wanting to stay alive shouldn't be viewed as selfish. It's what you'd expect out of a living human being.

Anyway, enough blabbering and let's just enjoy the upcoming new episode! Maybe we'd get to see some cool action now.
Old 2012-05-20, 19:57   Link #264
Terransheep
Hai... masta...
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Terransheep Send a message via Yahoo to Terransheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_alfa View Post
There would still be a change someone would die in that situation. A bee or a ghoul could escape or collateral damage could kill someone.

Kiritsugu always goes for the choice which has the most certainty of saving the most people.
Thanks for clearing this up, but I wonder how did she got into the pilot's room without getting sting/bite from the bugs...? there's SO MANY of them...
Old 2012-05-20, 22:17   Link #265
Click This
CEO of Asia!

Location: 167 East 51st St, New York, NY, 10022 - N40° 45.4097', W073° 58.2709'
Send a message via MSN to Click This
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terransheep View Post
Thanks for clearing this up, but I wonder how did she got into the pilot's room without getting sting/bite from the bugs...? there's SO MANY of them...
I do believe, but am not 100% sure, there is a hatch from the cargo hold to the flight deck.

Click This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 03:53   Link #266
SRanger
Remember, no moe.

Fucking masterpiece episode - the best of the entire series, the flashbacks for Kiritsugu was just simply amazing..

To think that a character that we only see in 2 episodes brings out the most cathartic emotions from me just proves that Gen is a boss.
Old 2012-06-06, 21:42   Link #267
Ruby Princess

... Sorry to sound like a ditz, but Kiritsugu is so freaking hawt that I barely absorbed any of the story or dialogue... can someone give me a summary of the episode? <.< I have no idea what I just watched...
Ruby Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 05:21   Link #268
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terransheep View Post
Bug spray (Of course, it's an unimportant detail anyways)
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-02, 04:08   Link #269
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo

Natalia was hot.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote