AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-25, 10:42   Link #141
hinakatbklyn

[QUOTE=wontaek;2837018

#2 I'm in despair as I have no idea what I should do about Misaka Mikoto, and, and, Sayuri

[/QUOTE]

I'm not that crazy about Mikoto electrocuting her challengers to get into the preliminaries through the relegation tournament only to get pushed out.........

The day before christmas!!!!!

Oh well, (better now than the last minute) as long as everyone else knows, she should still have a chance to electrocute some more challengers and get back into the preliminaries with help from everyone else. It is going to revise my pre nomination list alot. I will not pull Mio from my list. Everyone else is on the chopping block.

(Edit) I wonder, Misaka mikoto under the Index series did not get as much air time unlike under the railgun series. If she is nominated under the railgun series, would that give her a better chance of reaching double elimnation. It really shouldn't affect the character's chances regardless of the series she is labeled under.
Oh and I'm not too crazy about Mihoko since she was responsible for Mikoto's last defeat, but I would still vote for Mihoko.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2009-12-25 at 13:27.
Old 2009-12-25, 12:55   Link #142
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Reimu was never supposed to be on the list, because she placed 6th and not 5th in relegation. But we've decided to get rid of relegation eligibility anyways. Now we'll have to nominate Mikoto, yes.

Fantasy, anyone?

Illya, Ui, Suisei
Old 2009-12-25, 14:49   Link #143
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

1. I refuse to decide so Ill just abstain
2. Uiiiiiii
3. orz ... can I abstain 2 matches? ._. Whatever, voting Suiseiseki
Old 2009-12-25, 14:53   Link #144
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisu View Post
Reimu and company are ineligible for Prelims and beyond after our latest revision of the Constitution. Touhou characters may still appear in Exhibition, though.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=1257
Does what minhtam1638 said there no longer hold? If so, that's a bit disappinting to hear. I suppose I can still look forward to Touhou Exhibition matches. Maybe Touhou characters other than the 5 from last year will have a match.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:02   Link #145
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Sorry but please do not take anything minty says as official. He's no longer part of the executive staff. Listen to what Crisu, Juice, melange, and I say.

Today's Fantasy. Which characters do you think would win in 2010?

Last edited by KholdStare; 2009-12-25 at 22:12.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:09   Link #146
Eater of All
NOM

I hear the hums of a life-sucking machine. Oh wait, it's Fantasy, damn.

Quote:
Spoiler for Tidy:
Illya > Mihoko - I don't want to overestimate Saki girls again. Besides, Illya is pretty strong in her own right; this round is her's to lose.
Ui > Reimu - Reimu may have a few Touhou fans backing her up, but they're nothing compared to the monster that is K-On. At least, in terms of the targeted demographics group, which is anime - not gaming - fans.
Suiseisuki > Shinobu - No contest at all.

EDIT:
Quote:
Spoiler for Tidy:
Haruhi > Hinagiku - This one is a peculiar case. Both are high-tiered girls, but their strength is ever-waning with the passage of time. In this instance then, I chose Haruhi because the movie should keep her presence in people's minds, whereas HnG will continue to fade if no new materials surface.
Eri > Lucy - School Rumble is old, but IIRC Eri had a pretty big fanfollowing during its Golden Age. Elfen Lied and Lucy is inconspicuous in comparison.
Koromo > Eruru - Eruru isn't particularly strong, or not any way that I recall. Everybody loves Koromo anyways <3

Last edited by Eater of All; 2009-12-25 at 15:24.
Old 2009-12-25, 15:58   Link #147
wontaek

Quote:
Sorry but please do not take anything minty says as official. He's not long part of the executive staff. Listen to what Crisu, Juice, melange, and I say.

1. Katsura Hinagiku 53 - Suzumiya Haruhi 47 : The Double Elimination result was no fluke, and the latest movie helps Nagato Yuki. Suzumiya Haruhi gained much hate due to Endless 8, and that won't subside until the movie.

2. Sawachika Eri 70 - Lucy 30 : If I remember, one of the fan club instrumental to making Saimoe an international event was the Eri fan club. Eri just brings much, much more to the screen compared to Lucy. ( Note that I cannot say table for Eri. )

3. Eruru 52 - Koromo 48 : Outside Japan, Saki's power is weak. Ayanami Rei was able to beat Saki by margin of 60 to 40 in the ISML exhibition match. Eruru consistently made it to top 16 in most moe tournaments she entered and Utawarerumono probably maintains better recognition rating compared to Saki. Finally, you do not mess with Unlimited Fork Work.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:08   Link #148
Team Rocket Elite

Hinagiku is the current champion and was stronger than Haruhi in their last showings. I'm giving this match to Hinagiku until she shows that she isn't as strong as she used to be. Eri had some strength in her previous showings. She'll be weaker now but it'll be more than enough to deal with someone as weak as Lucy. I think Eruruu can beat Koromo. Eruruu wasn't completely fodder in her last showing. She will be weaker now but it'll be enough to beat Saki characters like Koromo.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:30   Link #149
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Sorry but please do not take anything minty says as official. He's not long part of the executive staff. Listen to what Crisu, Juice, melange, and I say.

Tougher -

Hinagiku - Haruhi's not particularly a dominating force right now, although she's still top 10 material. Hina's top 4 (for now, though tbh that "now" probably ended right at the moment she won the title...I still think she can top Haruhi, though)

Lucy - Eri's very weak, and I havn't seen Lucy perform, but she is from a very renowned series, so I'll say Lucy.

Koromo - Saki might be weak, but Koromo is cute and Saki is much newer than Utawarerumono. New over the old.

And btw, no matter how you look at it that avatar is Nyu, not Lucy. lol

Last edited by Demi.; 2009-12-25 at 16:49.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:50   Link #150
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Even though it says Exhibition 2009, I was kinda thinking not now but along the lines of at least February 2010. Does that make a difference?

@Demi.: Nyuu is just a nickname for Lucy. That's how ISML interprets it.
Old 2009-12-25, 16:59   Link #151
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Even though it says Exhibition 2009, I was kinda thinking not now but along the lines of at least February 2010. Does that make a difference?

@Demi.: Nyuu is just a nickname for Lucy. That's how ISML interprets it.
And what if Nyu is nominated. What happens then?

I'd willingly vote Nyu, but Lucy...I don't think so.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:00   Link #152
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

1. Hina
2. Eri
3. KOROMOOOOOOO <3
Old 2009-12-25, 17:06   Link #153
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Haruhi vs Hinagiku can change depending on which day in Febuary 2010 it takes place on. I don't think it'll change much for the other two matches, though. Unless there's a new Hayate season, I think Hinagiku's margin of victory against Haruhi will shrink as time goes on until Haruhi passes her again. I think Hinagiku might still have what it takes in early Febuary, but I'm not sure for how much longer than that.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:09   Link #154
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
And what if Nyu is nominated. What happens then?

I'd willingly vote Nyu, but Lucy...I don't think so.
Isn't that obvious? Every vote for Nyuu is a vote for Lucy.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:15   Link #155
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Isn't that obvious? Every vote for Nyuu is a vote for Lucy.
I didn't want to believe the obviousness in that.

Quote:
Haruhi vs Hinagiku can change depending on which day in Febuary 2010 it takes place on. I don't think it'll change much for the other two matches, though. Unless there's a new Hayate season, I think Hinagiku's margin of victory against Haruhi will shrink as time goes on until Haruhi passes her again. I think Hinagiku might still have what it takes in early Febuary, but I'm not sure for how much longer than that.
Haruhi's true power won't return until late regular season or early DE. Remember, theatrical releases won't be available to 99% of the voting community until several months after It's initial release.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:16   Link #156
hinakatbklyn

I doubt Hinagiku will fade although I don't think she will repeat assuming there is someone strong enough to beat Hina. I can see Hina beating Haruhi (not by much though).

Both Eri and Lucy don't have any new material. I would say Eri's character traits as well as her voice over (both sub and dub) give her the edge over Lucy.

Before J-saimoe's Final 8, regardless of the random drawing, on paper who would be the final match and I said hands down (Koromo and Yui). As it turns out the winner couldn't beat taiga. Anywho, Koromo and other extreme moe characters might have trouble outside of Japan, but Koromo should burn Eruru with room to spare.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:21   Link #157
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Haruhi's true power won't return until late regular season or early DE. Remember, theatrical releases won't be available to 99% of the voting community until several months after It's initial release.
If it gets people to forget about Endless Eight, Haruhi will get some power out of it. You're right that it won't be some huge boost or anything like that.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:26   Link #158
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Someone please tell me why my avatar is currently Nanoha.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:27   Link #159
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
If it gets people to forget about Endless Eight, Haruhi will get some power out of it. You're right that it won't be some huge boost or anything like that.
It will give people something to think about, I guess.
And some new official art.
Old 2009-12-25, 17:31   Link #160
Team Rocket Elite

Quote:
Someone please tell me why my avatar is currently Nanoha.
Because characters voiced by Tamura Yukari are awesome.

Quote:
It will give people something to think about, I guess.
And some new official art.
I think they've been releasing Disappearance related official art for years now.

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting