AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-29, 18:57   Link #1
takla

Help me find new good anime

Hi. I've watched alot of movies in my day, but unfortunately not too many animes. But from everything I've ever seen my two favorite movies are cobra space adventurer (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_%28manga%29) and ginga nagareboshi gin, aka silver fang (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ginga_Nagareboshi_Gin).
So I was wondering if any of you people have seen two of those animes, is there any good animes you can recommend to me based on those two movies?
thx
Old 2010-06-29, 19:57   Link #2
Divini
Senpai!

Hm well what your asking is kind of vague, but I'll try anyway. Look if any of these piques your interest:

Cowboy Bebop - A group of misfit bounty hunters set forth on their misadventures in a futuristic, space setting.
One Piece - Adventuring on the high seas, all with an elaborate backstory backed with ridiculous battles.
Hunter x Hunter - Set in the modern day, the main char's father was known to be the greatest hunter ever, and he, as his son, starts a story of his own following his footsteps.
Outlaw Star - Similar setting to Cowboy Bebop, but more plot-driven and with romance.
Dragonball
Crest of the Stars
Future Boy Conan - quite an old anime, but a classic
Wolf's Rain - set in a post-apocalyptic world. Pretty complex story.
Old 2010-07-02, 10:46   Link #3
takla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
Hm well what your asking is kind of vague, but I'll try anyway. Look if any of these piques your interest:

Cowboy Bebop - A group of misfit bounty hunters set forth on their misadventures in a futuristic, space setting.
One Piece - Adventuring on the high seas, all with an elaborate backstory backed with ridiculous battles.
Hunter x Hunter - Set in the modern day, the main char's father was known to be the greatest hunter ever, and he, as his son, starts a story of his own following his footsteps.
Outlaw Star - Similar setting to Cowboy Bebop, but more plot-driven and with romance.
Dragonball
Crest of the Stars
Future Boy Conan - quite an old anime, but a classic
Wolf's Rain - set in a post-apocalyptic world. Pretty complex story.
Ok thanks, what would you say had the best visuals along with the best story, likeable characters, imagination and possibly subtle humor out of those pics??
Old 2010-07-02, 12:22   Link #4
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by takla View Post
Ok thanks, what would you say had the best visuals along with the best story, likeable characters, imagination and possibly subtle humor out of those pics??
Personally i'd go with One Piece from that list. Decent visuals which increase from time to time, story keeps on improving as you progress, characters are seriously likable and the slap stick humor keeps on delivering.
Old 2010-07-02, 17:32   Link #5
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by takla View Post
I'd say One Piece and Cowboy Bebop

One Piece has more over-the-top slapstick humor. It also portrays the vast imagination of the author very well, and he does have quite the imagination. You'll definitely will grow to like the main cast, and will laugh with them as well as cry with them. The story just somehow gets more and more epic as you keep going.

Cowboy Bebop has more of the subtle variety of humor. It has more of an episodic story, as them being mercenaries/pirates taking on any odd jobs for cash. However the events they have to go through are both awesome and hilarious at the same time, with plenty of action to keep you entertained. The characters, the misfit bunch are likable and make you want to root for them.

Visuals are in the eyes of the beholder. Imo, Cowboy Bebop was great for its time and One Piece is up to par, especially considering it's a very long running series.
Closed Thread