AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2008-04-09, 06:21   Link #61
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
I must have been sleeping. Has episode 350 come out? If not, did they mention when it will be releasing?
LeoThugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-09, 08:02   Link #62
Fyria

No One piece episodes for 2 weeks.
Fyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 00:26   Link #63
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
No One piece episodes for 2 weeks.
this is some sad news =( Since i started watching ONE PIECE couple of weeks ago, im not very familiar with the releasing rate of it.... I heard that it was released randomly and sometimes stops for weeks... is it true?
And about the manga... how far away is it compared to the current anime? ep 349

Thanks
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 04:05   Link #64
Fyria

One piece manga/anime chapters/episodes are published quite stable, usually 1 chapter/episode for each week.

There isn't really long brakes in OP but in Japan there is/was Golden week what is national holiday to japanese and I guess that even great manga writers such as Oda have to have some brake.

Anime has catched manga bit compared to shows like Naruto where manga is light-years from anime.

I guess there is about 20-30 episodes distance to manga atm. After current anime arc there is possible filler arc but that isn't too bad because fillers in OP aren't that painful than in some other animes.
Old 2008-04-21, 22:06   Link #65
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Thanks for the answer Fyria. I'll be waiting anxiously =D

On topic:

I wish Luffy starts using some new kick ass skills from now on... all those gomu gomu techniques are getting kinda old -.- The only one that seems to be improving is Zoro.
Old 2008-04-21, 22:27   Link #66
ellifeedn
Thinker

Saw the raw for 350 and I don't know which is better:
Spoiler:
Either way, things will start to go uphill from here on.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 07:46   Link #67
Fyria

Yeah Oz has been introduced... real rollercoaster is just about to begin
Old 2008-04-22, 10:04   Link #68
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

The idea of throwing some salt on the zombies is kinda lame -.- So that means someone with the sea stone could bring down the whole army of zombies just by touching them with it?
Old 2008-04-22, 10:12   Link #69
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by incube View Post
The idea of throwing some salt on the zombies is kinda lame -.- So that means someone with the sea stone could bring down the whole army of zombies just by touching them with it?
Since not everyone is as monsterous as Zoro-Sanji-Luffy or rest, and since Seastone is pretty impossible to find if youre not a marine officer..its not possible.Even if you hit zombies with sea-stone they'd just get paralyzed...I mean you have to force them to eat seastone if you want to destroy them, which is a great waste

And Luffy/Zoro will do some amazing things at the end of arc.Just keep waiting!
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 12:14   Link #70
Vegard Aune

Moria sure looked A LOT better in this episode than he did in episode 249. I also loved the introduction of Odz. Just as dramatic as it should be. Brook owning the zombies was cool as well, and I never noticed that Absalom's "You're too hard on Kumashii"-thing actually rhymed in japanese before now. "Omae wa Kumashii ni kimishii na... Kimashii na." (<-Might be misspelled)
Not much more to say, except that I'm really looking forward to the coming episodes.
Old 2008-04-22, 13:59   Link #71
james0246

Quote:
Actually, I doubt Seastone would work at all. We do not know exactly what seastone is made out of (the essence of the sea?), but I doubt it is salt. To support that, one need only look at the amount of salt Luffy eats without being affected . So, I doubt Seastone is made of salt (or has salt in it), and I doubt it would affect a zombie.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 20:00   Link #72
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
Actually, I doubt Seastone would work at all. We do not know exactly what seastone is made out of (the essence of the sea?), but I doubt it is salt. To support that, one need only look at the amount of salt Luffy eats without being affected . So, I doubt Seastone is made of salt (or has salt in it), and I doubt it would affect a zombie.
There is a difference between Luffy eating small amount of salt everyday and giving it to a zombie after receiving that slash from Brook. Also... "devil fruit users are weakened if they fall into the sea" refers to the sea only...nothing else.... they dont die if they eat a fish or drink some sea water so i dont see why giving salt to the zombies should remove their soul.

Until now, we dont know what or how are the sea stones made but they did say it is some kinda of solidified sea. It isnt just some random rock they pick up from the sea or extracted some water and froze it -.-
Old 2008-04-22, 20:24   Link #73
james0246

Quote:
There is a difference between Luffy eating small amount of salt everyday and giving it to a zombie after receiving that slash from Brook. Also... "devil fruit users are weakened if they fall into the sea" refers to the sea only...nothing else.... they dont die if they eat a fish or drink some sea water so i dont see why giving salt to the zombies should remove their soul.

Until now, we dont know what or how are the sea stones made but they did say it is some kinda of solidified sea. It isnt just some random rock they pick up from the sea or extracted some water and froze it -.-
...I am not sure how this is supposed to disagree with my point (that a seastone would not affect a Zombie). Nothing you have said actually disputs my claims, so I assume you are merely adding to the discussion.

As to how much salt Luffy takes in...well judging by the amount of meat he eats each, and since they live in a world were meat still needs to be cured to be stored properly, that means the amount of salt Luffy takes in each day is, realistically, enough to poison a human (obviously this is fantasy so that does not matter), but he is okay. But, a small pebble of seastone, whatever it is made of, can weaken Luffy. That implies that Salt is not a main part or possibly even no part of what makes up seastone, otherwise simple helpings of salt would affect Luffy. And, if seastone has no salt, it would not affect a Zombie (which is what I was addressing).

Now whether or not salt should affect a zombie, that deals more with religious beliefs (specifically some Shinto etc. beliefs were salt is used to ward of supernatural beings.) So salt being used to defeat zombies is not that unheard of.
---

But, this is besides the point. The Introduction of Oz/Odz was great. And now we have to wait a week or so for a new episode. It is no fair .

Last edited by james0246; 2008-04-22 at 20:34.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 13:36   Link #74
cp9
Cipher Pol nr.9

Location: No way, <--supposed to be an R in there but i forgot where:P
is 350 out?
man, why cant it be a thread about each episode like the bleach and naruto forums have... much easier to know when the new ones are out.

havent got any clue where to get 350, no info on it
cp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-26, 16:30   Link #75
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp9 View Post
is 350 out?
man, why cant it be a thread about each episode like the bleach and naruto forums have... much easier to know when the new ones are out.

havent got any clue where to get 350, no info on it
350 has been out for a week and 351 should be coming soon. As for your second comment I don't know why, but hey this is One Piece.

EDIT: I just checked out the raw for 351 and
Spoiler for cliché:

Last edited by ellifeedn; 2008-04-27 at 17:14.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:32   Link #76
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Panda head zombie spotted in episode 351.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 23:53   Link #77
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

There isnt much to comment in One piece and same goes for the current Naruto episodes....
After all there isnt much drama / love romances in one piece.... and there is definitly no mystery that lasts more than few episodes. In naruto there are at least unknown factions and evil plans that are revealed slowly.
Old 2008-04-28, 13:08   Link #78
Vegard Aune

Quote:
There isnt much to comment in One piece and same goes for the current Naruto episodes....
After all there isnt much drama / love romances in one piece.... and there is definitly no mystery that lasts more than few episodes. In naruto there are at least unknown factions and evil plans that are revealed slowly.
Well, without giving any details, I'll just say that there will be quite a major plot-twist in a few episodes.

Apart from that, damn, this week's episode was slow as hell. Odz's revival took far too long, considering how it was just still-frames for the most part. His first line was pretty hilarious, though.
Old 2008-04-28, 13:21   Link #79
Fyria

Thriller Bark is quite an arc tbh... First half is quite painfull and can be snorefest but second half is full insane action and massive battles with some suprise reveals, I recommend to stay tuned.
Old 2008-04-28, 15:02   Link #80
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Personally atleast to me this hasnt been the best arc in the whole series . I love zombies / supernatural this arc didnt dissapoint . I also loved the Nami fanservice : )