Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2008-11-30, 22:40   Link #221
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
The spin off basically deals with side characters, I think. The younger students of same school.
Thanks, I thought it would be a side story involving Taiga and Ryuuji already together and maybe helping one of the friends, like Mirorin suddenly falling in love with someone at school, she actually found her "ghost".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Parts sound plausible... parts sound very out-of-character.

Last I heard, volume 9 wasn't even out yet.... so meh.
On the baka tsuki site, its waiting for translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
So yeah, could someone confirm/deny those synopses?

I'm fairly interested, because if they are true, that's the most epic character development I've seen out of Japan in years.
I'm interested as well ^^ yea yea... doing my Mirorin impression ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Looks about right, I've skimmed through the rest of the volumes but haven't got to them yet (currently reading volume 6).
I was wondering, rumors online pointed that Volume 4 to Volume 9 was already translated (even though its not a fairly good one). Beside baka tsuki, is there a site that have the rest translated. I'm currently waiting for the rest on baka tsuki site, even though they are the best in the business, but it would be nice to know if its been translated. I really want to read all of them, I'm impatient when it comes to great novels, its been long time that an I've come across a great one, specially when the anime is great and holding on its own. It would be nice to read the rest from Yuyuko Takemiya, baka tsuki does a great job in translating it. Yet, I would like to read the rest, so would many others and I was wondering if the rest was actually translated, or its just a rumor...

Pretty please .... ^^

KeitaroNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 05:40   Link #222
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
I highly doubt that there are anyone else but B-T translating it, more so, translated all volumes. Its just another internet myth that you should not believe in.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 09:20   Link #223
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I highly doubt that there are anyone else but B-T translating it, more so, translated all volumes. Its just another internet myth that you should not believe in.
Thanks Darknemo2000, I thought so too. I was trying to look around, still no hits. I also came to the conclusion that baka tsuki is the the only best. I've seen a alternative version, but it nothing compare to baka tsuki. In my opinion baka tsuki is the the only one, and based from other forums, blogs,etc., everyone gives baka tsuki the highest respect and the most inticipated lightnovels translators. Baka tsuki is the best, I love the site, and I got hook on reading other novels too just now
Old 2008-12-01, 09:58   Link #224
Darknemo2000

Thats good (as I am/was Zero No Tsukaima translator on B-T). Novels are pretty good and usually better than the anime in a sense it has more details better story and so on. I am not talking about such extreme differences as in ZnT novel and ZnT anime but even on a lower scale the differences are still noticeable.

It is rare for an adaptation to exceed the original. Kannagi could be one of the recent (and very rare) examples of such.
Old 2008-12-01, 10:18   Link #225
KeitaroNagato
Taiga Yea!!!

Quote:
Thats good (as I am/was Zero No Tsukaima translator). Novels are pretty good and usually better than the anime in a sense it has more details better story and so on. I am not talking about such extreme differences as in ZnT novel and ZnT anime but even on a lower scale the differences are still noticeable.

It is rare for an adaptation to exceed the original. Kannagi could be one of the recent (and very rare) examples of such.
You are a translator!!!! WOW!!! Thats is so cool!!!. Besides Toradora! I just started reading ZnT on baka tsuki site, so far its pretty awesome and its so good. I've became one of your fans
And keep up the good work, I love what you did... hehehehehe *blush

Ummm, I was wondering if Toradora! novels are well translated on baka tsuki, why there are an alternative version? The team behind those novels are doing a wonderful work on that project, I don't believe we need others, since baka tsuki is the best. And, trust me they are, I've spent hours and hours surfing, looking for other sites and perhaps "already-done" lightnovels, but no-one beats baka tsuki

Toradora! from baka tsuki are the best!!!!
Old 2008-12-01, 11:42   Link #226
Darknemo2000

There are other languages projects in B-T. There is an Toradora adaptation (rewrite to make it closer to english language though I do not think it is that necessarily).

And yes I am a translator (35 chapters of ZnT on my toll) though only for ZnT. Though I do upload illustrations and check as an editor for Kaze No Stigma and Spice and Wolf from time to time. This is probably why I am prone to spouting spoilers from time to time as well.

I don't think there are that many groups translating besides B-T. Some that are, eventually join B-T anyway...
Old 2008-12-01, 12:27   Link #227
typhonsentra

Damn, I never checked the status page to find out that you really did do the vast majority of the translations for ZnT. All I knew was that you did 7 (Almost entirely) and 8 on your own.

What's going on with Trabius on Volume 4? Someone claimed he was taking a break but then he completed Chapter 4 last week out of the blue. The Registration page still has him signed up for Chapter 5 but not 6.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 17:40   Link #228
Voitan

All the girls have their good qualities, though due to different preferences their will be biasis amongst fans, but do you think they might be doing unique endings for each medium?

Novel looks like a Taiga end.

Anime isn't as forgone a conclusion and could be ANY girl ending with Ryuuji.

Manga isn't that far into the series yet.

From a marketing standpoint, I can see it working really well.
Voitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 17:50   Link #229
Darknemo2000

Very doubtful. most likely it will follow the novels and the main paring will be the novel pairing. It works that way better.

And you dont have to be the genius to notice which direction manga is taking already. Anime is less obvious but mostly due to ridiculous pacing (and the fact they skip scenes) but not because of some ingenius plotting. It looks like the pairing is set in here as well.
Well as long as it is 'set' in novels, since the novels are still ongoing after all
Old 2008-12-01, 17:52   Link #230
typhonsentra

I'd love to be surprised too but with a name like Toradora what are the odds?
Old 2008-12-01, 18:04   Link #231
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whats more "at question" I guess is what sort of pairing --- what *kind* of relationship RxT will be? How complex? That seems to be what I'm finding interesting so far.
Old 2008-12-01, 18:47   Link #232
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Anime is less obvious but mostly due to ridiculous pacing (and the fact they skip scenes) but not because of some ingenius plotting. It looks like the pairing is set in here as well.
Majority of the skipped scenes weren't that important anyway.

Faster pacing also nets us a single season. And generates more interest due to a sped up storyline.

Quote:
Well as long as it is 'set' in novels, since the novels are still ongoing after all
Author'd have to be an idiot to pull something out of left field at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I'd love to be surprised too but with a name like Toradora what are the odds?
Why are people still complaining about predictability?

This isn't really a harem show. It's a romantic dramedy. Why does an obvious ending matter when one should be watching/reading for the characters rather than the ending?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-01, 19:03   Link #233
typhonsentra

I'm not complaining, it's perfectly acceptable for the two main leads to end up together as I find both likable. My complaint is more in the name of the show limiting the scope of where the story can go. Kind of like with "Naruto".
Old 2008-12-01, 19:06   Link #234
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Ah, right. I see what you mean. Apologies.
Old 2008-12-01, 20:44   Link #235
typhonsentra

No problem.
Old 2008-12-02, 01:33   Link #236
Darknemo2000

Kaisos Erranon, while the skipped scenes are not important they generate an only Toradora like atmosphere which is a nice thing to see. And don't start talking that fast=good. Look at spice and wolf. Each volume took around 6 six episodes but can you honestly say they were boring?

They actually took time to build the atmosphere. While toradora has its own specific feeling due to skip of the scenes it is not that memorable. They are small, they are not important, but they do contribute to toradora on their own. Fast-paced do not mean better. It just means lesser focus on the details and characters and higher on the plot. (though ZnT anime kind of denied the higher focus on the plot part - though it was fast paced it ignored the plot for the most part and focused on fanservice).
Old 2008-12-02, 12:57   Link #237
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

In Toradora, characters = plot. There's plenty of character focus.

Also, I found Spice and Wolf incredibly boring and slow, with not enough actually happening. Had they done only the more important events in the first two novels and actually went somewhere, it would have been much more enjoyable.

Oh, and not hired Code Geass voice actors. That made it hard to enjoy as well.
Old 2008-12-02, 18:14   Link #238
Man0warr

Has it been confirmed the # of episodes for ToraDora? I'm still seeing 13 thrown around, and if so that would put them ending it at end of vol 5. If so that gives the author to release the last volume(s) before they do another season.

And you know JC Staff will make another season, it's been proven they will milk their light novel franchises for all their worth, and I expect the same for Toaru Majutsu.
Man0warr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-02, 19:01   Link #239
Darknemo2000

Kaisos Erranon, thats a matter of taste. But just because you do not like th witty dialog and the language based romance/relationship does not make the show worse. The popularity rankings seem to deny that it was a boring show, or else it would not have been popular. And S&W is popular and very enjoyable show.

It's not for action lovers thats for sure - you have Bleach and Naruto for that, instead it targets different sort of audience. And it seems to be working so far.
Old 2008-12-02, 19:02   Link #240
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I think Spice & Wolf storytelling mode appealed to *me* more simply I'm closer to being Horo's age than the age of the average teenager

The verbal sparring was really the center with the adventures just enhancing their bond.

It would have been nice to see more of those kinds of scenes that fill out a character development in Toradora from the books.... but then the approach is different. I think they're going to sync up the end of a two season Toradora with the release of the next book (speculation). Spice & Wolf was more of a "chance" and the team decided to follow the book and figured they could fit two adventures in one season without losing too much (the books contain even more character interaction and depth). For S&W it paid off ---> the book sales soared. So there will be a second season at least.
S&W is also more about the journey than the destination. Most readers aren't quite sure they want the journey to end...

Tags
light novels, shounen