AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 56 Rating
Perfect 10 28 50.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 41.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 3.64%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-10, 10:12   Link #41
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Wait, since when they build a Tunnel to the central unlike the manga version? Just ask.
Old 2010-05-10, 10:43   Link #42
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Wait, since when they build a Tunnel to the central unlike the manga version? Just ask.
They who? If you mean Izumi, she did that in the manga, too.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:22   Link #43
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They who? If you mean Izumi, she did that in the manga, too.
Sorry, I mean the ramps in the Main Entrance to the Central.

Spoiler for ..:

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-05-11 at 02:48.
Old 2010-05-10, 11:36   Link #44
GDB

Ah, that. Yeah, I think it was anime only to make it seem more powerful. I was actually thinking that myself, since I didn't recall Fuu being shot at when he arrived.
Old 2010-05-10, 12:32   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
This episode was insane. I mean it was Wrath vs a tank and he won without question . It really does show how terrifying you are when a tank is running in full reverse away from you. No wonder the Central soldiers got their spirits revived. Seeing someone do that will make you believe anything can be done. Just reminds me why Wrath always scared me the most out of any of the homunculi. The guy just seems unstoppable.
Old 2010-05-10, 14:10   Link #46
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Buccaneer should be awarded a Lazarus medal...I was pretty sure he died 2-3 times in that fight, and he still had the power for yet another strike 0_0 Battling the powerhouse that is Wrath and living after all that interference is worthy of praise indeed!
Old man's arrival at the end was pretty cool too, suffice to say the bout with Greed was awesome, but next ep's title sounds ominous for the young prince...gotta wonder what's gonna happen next!
If I could hand out a 9.5, I'd do that, but since the episode isn't exactly perfect, I'll vote for 9.
Old 2010-05-10, 14:36   Link #47
kitten320

Finally saw it. Go Wrath! He totally owned everyone there! Him chasing tank was probably the best part for me
Old 2010-05-10, 14:51   Link #48
Rika24
EdWin, Royai, & RoyEd Fan

Send a message via AIM to Rika24 Send a message via MSN to Rika24 Send a message via Yahoo to Rika24
I watched the episode last night and it seemed like it was only 10 minutes long. When Fuu showed up I was like "go Fuu go Fuu" and then it cut to the ending and i was like "NNNOOOOOOOO!"

yes I know what happens as I'm up to date with the manga, but still
Old 2010-05-10, 16:14   Link #49
GaimeGuy

One thing that's also awesome: If you pay attention, Bradley dodges every flying shard of glass from the window the tank flies through. And he also maneuvers his sword so that it dodges every piece of glass, too. Basically, he runs through the debris without letting him or anything on him be touched by the debris.

Also, when bradley starts running up the ramp after the tank, and the camera pans back to show the dozen or so dead soldiers behind him, it's such an awesome shot. Bradley leaves death and destruction everywhere in his path XD
Old 2010-05-10, 16:18   Link #50
destiny4everlove

Episode 56

Spoiler for Episode 56:

Thank you so much for my beautiful avy and my amazing sig, TheEroKing!!!
Old 2010-05-10, 18:40   Link #51
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
Thoughts on this? I know 5 and 6 sound really low, but considering the power levels of these characters, 5 basically means godlike with a gun. It's just that in FMA, being godlike with a gun like Riza doesn't get you far with the homunculi (or most other major players).
Each character is just so different, that you'd probably have to evaluate each character based on what his or her field is. You have pure fighters such as Ran Fan and Fu who could probably run circles around Ed and Al, but bring alchemy into the mix and the outcome might turn out differently. Another example: Roy and his flame alchemy would most likely give Ed a lot of trouble (not to metion that he can pretty much take on homunculli such as Greed and Lust on his own), but if but if Ed manages to bring that fight in close quarters, I don't see Roy coming out on top.

I think your setup is too general. I guess, in the end, it's really depends a lot on circumstances. It's not like a fighting game where you can base the tiers on which charater is the 'best' based on ease of use, move priorities and combo lists.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:47   Link #52
GDB

Btw, was it just me, or was there no eyecatch in this episode? At least, I don't recall seeing one.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:49   Link #53
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Btw, was it just me, or was there no eyecatch in this episode? At least, I don't recall seeing one.
There was. Wrath & Greed.
Old 2010-05-10, 18:50   Link #54
GDB

Ah, okay. I must've been too entrenched in the episode to notice it.
Old 2010-05-10, 23:12   Link #55
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Ah, that. Yeah, I think it was anime only to make it seem more powerful. I was actually thinking that myself, since I didn't recall Fuu being shot at when he arrived.
Honestly, if the entire point of giving it a roof was to allow for Bradley's "ride the explosion and stab the driver in the head" maneuver, it was completely worth it. Easily the "Holy shit!" moment of an episode full of them... Funniest moment is Bradley cutting the shell in half and it taking out about three guys behind him. I LOL every time I see that...
Old 2010-05-11, 00:59   Link #56
Yosei
Death by writing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Each character is just so different, that you'd probably have to evaluate each character based on what his or her field is. You have pure fighters such as Ran Fan and Fu who could probably run circles around Ed and Al, but bring alchemy into the mix and the outcome might turn out differently. Another example: Roy and his flame alchemy would most likely give Ed a lot of trouble (not to metion that he can pretty much take on homunculli such as Greed and Lust on his own), but if but if Ed manages to bring that fight in close quarters, I don't see Roy coming out on top.

I think your setup is too general. I guess, in the end, it's really depends a lot on circumstances. It's not like a fighting game where you can base the tiers on which charater is the 'best' based on ease of use, move priorities and combo lists.
I see what you mean since I'm a big fan of fighting games. But without any PIS, I reckon some characters are categorically more dangerous than others: for example, with the exception of Pride, the specific human-homunculi union of Wrath is easily better than all the other sins. Personally, I'm convinced of Hohenheim and Father's overall superiority, and of the Xing fighters in their sense of harmony with the environment and pure combat skill.

Spoiler for Off topic in regards to Ed vs Roy:

Buddhism and spirituality: Buddhist Door

Fanfiction: Transformers 00
Galaxy Fantasy
Old 2010-05-12, 01:59   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
It was right after Greed made his appearance. But yeah easy to get so into the episode you wouldn't really notice the eyecatch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosei View Post
I see what you mean since I'm a big fan of fighting games. But without any PIS, I reckon some characters are categorically more dangerous than others: for example, with the exception of Pride, the specific human-homunculi union of Wrath is easily better than all the other sins. Personally, I'm convinced of Hohenheim and Father's overall superiority, and of the Xing fighters in their sense of harmony with the environment and pure combat skill.

Spoiler for Off topic in regards to Ed vs Roy:
Spoiler for Ed vs Roy:
Old 2010-05-12, 09:52   Link #58
Grey

Interesting changes from the manga. I enjoyed seeing the anime variant. The tank fight is especially cool.

I liked the small details. Like it was cool to see the Briggs soldiers reacting to Bradley chasing the tank. Two turned to shoot at him, one turned and followed him, and one threw away his gun (but went to look at the injured--a medic?).

And Bradley...strikes me speechless. Sixty years old? I'm not sure I want to know how tough he was in his prime. That eye of his turns him from "fearsome" into "gamebreaking".
Old 2010-05-13, 20:35   Link #59
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

And FMA continues to have side characters do more stuff than the leads in other shonen anime. I'm worried myself about the anime running out of time but I have faith in Bones, besides, they could cut the OP or the ED a few times as well and do super short previews.
Old 2010-05-16, 06:32   Link #60
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
That was a very entertaining episode. The tank scene oozed with epicness, like the change.
I specially liked Fuu's entrance, complete with the Xingese Symphony, very very nice!

As for Falman:
Spoiler for He has them:

A goddamn Tank tried to flee from Wrath but he stands his ground! In a whimpy manner, but standing his ground like a man!

I also forgot how awesome Buccaner already was in the first half of the fight. Wow.

The animation in this episode was pretty stunning yet again, specially the scenes with blood flying about.

My inner fangirl squeeled in joy for Greed's entrance of course. I liked how Ling thanked Falman for taking him in before, almost forgot they knew each other.

Didn't even realize the episode was missing Ed. He is my favorite, but with so many awesome characters I really don't mind. I actually love that everyone gets a chance to shine. It's rare but I really adore all the characters in FMA.
Closed Thread